The staircase is the centerpiece of your home, and it’s important it looks the part. If you wish to upgrade the spindles and railing to fit your modern home, here are a few ideas and go-to tips to refresh your stair style.
Get matched with top carpenters in Big Lake, AK
There are 8 highly-rated local carpenters.
Recent Woodworking Reviews in Big Lake
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaFrom the moment of setting up an appointment to having the work done, all was accomplished in a professional, knowledgeable and friendly way. I had four windows (big) and outside door done the first round starting with Jesse and Bobby, and two windows the second round, Brian, Jacob and Tyrone. Everyone from start to finish, including the ones in office setting up the appointments and job times, were excellent. They answered any questions I had and made sure everything met with my approval. And they do an excellent job of clean-up! I will definitely recommend this company and have more windows for them to work on in the future. I must add that this is a '60s log house and they made sure that the outside integrity of the home was not compromised by putting in the windows; they worked within the existing frames on the outside (other than the two egress windows I had to have, but they are on the backside of the house)
- Jensen ConstructionAs usual with Dave, the only problem was catching him at a time when he was not fully booked with other people's projects. When I could schedule him, he was here as promised and completed the job quickly and meticulously. Also, as usual, he fixed a completely different problem he had noticed in passing, without any charge or hassle, I think simply because something that isn't write irritates his sense of perfection. I have used Dave and his eponymous son repeatedly, and will have no problem using them for any and all projects I have in the future. They are worth waiting for
- Jensen ConstructionI loved the quality of work Jenson Construction did on my bedroom windows so much that I plan on having them replace the remaining old windows in my house in the near future.
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaJacob T and Tyrone D were our installers. They replaced my "working from home now" office windows and our kitchen window, and we couldn't be happier with the quality of work. Jacob and Tyrone were professional, respectful and clean-cleaning as they progressed including wiping surfaces with disinfectant wipes. They communicated regularly about the progress of the project. And they completed the project on time! We appreciate that everyone who came into our home was respectful of our health and our pets. This is our second experience with RBA, and I would highly recommend them to anyone. We will definitely use them in the future as we upgrade the rest of our windows
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaWhat an amazing job! Our home looks transformed. The quality of work is absolutely stunning. The finance options, window selection, quality, workmanship, was more than expected. The work of Jacob T. and Nick B was done with complete care and respect for our home. They left our home cleaner than when they arrived. We couldn't be happier with the quality of work, the professionalism of the entire team, and the amazing windows! Thank you! We will be back for future needs
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaI just had my kitchen window replaced by installers Jacob T., Cody C., and Cornelius D. I couldn't be happier. They were very professional and competent, very pleasant, and wore their masks. Jacob wanted to make sure I was comfortable with them being in my home. He went above and beyond what was necessary with the job. I would recommend them without hesitation
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaI don't know where to start... so let's start with a vision. For years I imagined how my home would look and feel with new windows. It really needed them. I knew I wanted black frames, and I wanted quality so they would stand up to Alaska winters. I got a flyer from Renewal by Andersen in May and instead of tossing it, I made the phone call. Everything from start to finish was a great experience. Everyone one of my requests was considered and I got exactly what I wanted, including beautiful trim. Installers Jacob H and James M are amazing finish carpenters. These windows are beautiful. Everyone at Renewal by Andersen did a great job. Professional to be sure. If you are considering new windows, I recommend 100%. You will not regret
- Jensen ConstructionGreat work from Dave as usual. We hire him once or twice a year for home projects and him and his son do great work. They pay attention to detail and care about the quality of their work. He's done a variety of work for us in the last few years and it's always been great.
- Jensen ConstructionDave And David do extremely beautiful work. They always gives me better than I imagined possible. My new fireplace is lovely. The bathroom is gorgeous. (Dave met me at Lowe’s to pick out everything for the bathroom). They built a custom shelf to utilize the 4” behind the pantry door - they used darling beadboard for the back of the shelf. It’s unbelievably cute. I can’t recommend Jensen Construction enough
- Spartan ContractingThe remodel went perfectly. Levi and his crew handled all of the details, from start to finish, which left me with nothing to worry about. In addition, Levi communicated almost daily with me about the progress of the job and was always available if/when I had questions. I have already recommended Spartan Contracting to friends and family
Woodworkers in Big Lake
- Business Description:Roy Briley General Contracting serves many companies along with the general public. With nearly 200 real estate professionals, 500 rental doors, and thousands of HOA doors all needing construction services, we stay very busy. We understand that downtime is costly to the property owner, therefore, getting the resident back into their restored home is a high priority. From flood and fire mitigation, general remodeling, to basic maintenance issues, RBGC is the preferred contractor. With cost eff..Recent Review:I needed to install a ceiling storage unit that my mother had started, but got in over her head with (both literally and figuratively). Brynn corrected the "work" that was done and walked me through the process. They are professional and fairly priced. Special thanks to Josia and Brynn for doing such a great jobgabrielle s.
- Business Description:Years of experience in all types of Remodeling projects has taught me not only how important EVERY project is down to the smallest details, but how important it is to truly listen to your individual needs. I specialize in turning your dream home into reality with top of line quality and craftsmanship. From the beginning to the end of your project, I’ll make sure that we have clear communication and stick to your budget. Whether you are looking to increase the value of your home with simple up..Recent Review:Great. Of course, like many remodels, it took a little longer as we discovered problems here and there. Brad was very accommodating to our needs and offered lots of advice on what would work and not work. We are very happy with our new kitchen.❣️ We would hire him again for other work we might need doneJeanne B.
- Business Description:Renewal by Andersen is the replacement window division of Andersen Corporation, a company that’s been innovating windows for more than 116 years. As part of the family of companies that make up Andersen Corporation a name synonymous with quality, you can be sure we'll be here when you need usRecent Review:FINAL UPDATE (see two prior review installments): Renewal by Andersen Alaska promptly followed up on the issues mentioned above concerning the siding that had been damaged during their installation of our windows. A crew came out two days ago, replacing the siding, re-applying the caulking around the windows (the original caulking job was rough), and carefully matching the paint on the new siding to the existing color of the house. The job was a 100 percent improvement. My final thought is that our experience was likely an aberration. I believe a young, inexperienced crew was assigned the initial job. I know that in-company meetings and discussions have since been held as a result of our experience to ensure better quality work and customer service. In the end, Andersen of Alaska followed up and the work inside and out is much improvedPauletta S.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Jonathan Benson has been working with wood for over 30 years. He earned a Master's Degree in Furniture Design from the Rhode Island School of Design, has taught woodworking at the college level for 10 years. and has written several books, authored numerous articles and lectured extensively on topics related to woodworking and furniture design. Installations available in the DC Metropolitan AreaRecent Review:How could this company come to Illinois from Virginia??? Good question. The answer is. He didn’t. No one responded from my area. I did the work. But I bet this guy would have done it the same way I did. Looks terrific. ThankGayle P.
- Business Description:Owner/Operator Of Chugiak Restoration & Custom Tile. 30+ Years Experience In The Construction Trade. Licensed-Bonded-Insured. Quality Work, Free Estimates. Please call 907-244-7333 to schedule.Recent Review:They never even returned my call. I found someone else.Don W.
- Business Description:Our company was founded by David Berger over thirty years ago and David has been selling table pads direct to the public for over forty years. We know our table pads and we know how to design the perfect fit the very first timeRecent Review:price is better other places magnets do not work keeping panels connectedStephen F.
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573Recent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!MARK V.
- Business Description:24 Hour Emergency Services. Founded in 1972, Taylored Restoration is one of Alaska’s leading remodeling and renovation companies. We are a customer-focused company that has completed thousands of home and commercial projects. We strive to serve our customers for life! Our Family is in its third generation in Alaska and we have a strong interest in the well being of our community. Taylored Restoration and the company team have contributed time and money to many community projects including the..
- Business Description:GP Construction is a locally owned and operated general contracting company. We have one goal when accepting a job, customer satisfaction.Recent Review:We moved into a home that had gone under a bathroom renovation just prior to the sale. After living in the home for around year we started noticing the drywall and baseboards next to the tub/shower starting to erode. The drywall was crumbling, the baseboards (made with MDF) started to swell, mold started showing up and the floor tile started showing signs of water damage. We contacted the contractor and the first person that inspected it said it was due to water leaking into the back of the tub surround and it would probably need to be replaced, as the damage would continue to get worse. He said he would talk to his boss and see what he was willing to do although he stated he would likely fix the issue as he wants to make his customers happy. We were offered the option of ordering a new tub surround, paid for out of our own pocket and we could pay them to reinstall it. We did not agree with this so the owner himself, Garrett came out to inspect the damage. He stated that the only reason we had these water damage issues was because our bathroom did not have a ventilation fan. It does have a window and the house is over 40 years old and has never had one. He stated all damage was due to this reason. We did not agree and hired a licensed plumber to assess the situation as we knew water had to be leaking into the wall from somewhere. It turns out the shower faucet and diverter were installed completely wrong, according to the manufacturers clear instructions. They were not set back in the wall as they were intended and stuck out 1 1/2 inches too far and the diverter did not sit flush with the shower surround. There was a significant gap on one side, large enough to put a screw driver tool into the gap. This was disguised with caulking. Not only should there not have been a reason to have caulking there, they also used incorrect caulking and it did not hold up, so water was slowly seeping in the crack and causing damage every time someone took a shower. Extremely disappointing to buy a home with a new renovated bathroom and have it deteriorate in just over a year. Obviously they did not use a licensed plumber to install the plumbing fixtures and have not offered to repair and replace all the damaged areas on their dime. If you hire this company, please be very aware of who is actually doing the work in your home, and don't expect them to come back and fix any errors they may makeHolly S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful woodworker articles
Curious pets, water exposure, and old caulk are possible causes of damaged or broken baseboards, trim, or crown moldings. Restore this wood to protect it from dust and insects with these simple, low-cost tips on how to fix baseboards.
Your new roof looks perfect, and you’ve waited weeks for it to be complete. But now there’s already a leak in your roof, so what do you do? Using this guide, you’ll learn the steps to take to avoid further damage and repair your roof.
carpenters in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A & H BuildersPO Box 877833
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- ADAMS CONSTRUCTION651 E CREEKSIDE DR
- Affordable Construction2907 Turnagain St
- AK Fences11244 Lower Sunny Circle
Eagle River, Alaska
- Alaska Decks & More LLC13000 Bainbridge Rd
- Alaska Elite TrimPOB 1707
- Alaska Tramper LLC2815 Knik Ave
- Alaskan interiors518 Lynnwood Dr
- AlasTek Contracting LLC4855 S surrey Rd
- Anchorage Property Solution9100 Elim St
- Anthony Bradford Contracting4155 Apollo Drive
- Arjaye Painting & Services3000 W 34th St
- A & H Builders
- C&S Services376 N. Chugach St Unit B
- Chugiak Restoration & Custom TilePO Box 671791
- Chyko Construction LLC10130 East Gilbert Ct
- CJ Contractors and Painting, LLCP.O. Box 222163
- Complete painting service1658 Woodroe lane
- Corratto's Construction Service534 E 15th Terrace
- Crighton & Cooper Construction & Design325 E 11th St
- Cross Cut ContractingPOB 876134
- Cruz Contracting, Inc.3419 Scarlet Pl
- Custom Comfort HomesPO Box 875798
- C&S Services
- GK Construction Inc.11812 Falklands loop
Eagle River, Alaska
- Golden Construction14821 Snowshoe Ln
- Good's Repair3307 Boniface Pkwy # 181
- GP Construction3140 N. Brocton Ave., Unit A
- Gray Wolf Services19031 Eagle River Lane
Eagle River, Alaska
- GRAYLING CONSTRUCTION CORP7133 ARCTIC BLVD 3
- Greg's Carpentry Plus3130 Ilianna St
- GK Construction Inc.
- H&K Enterprise5551 N Snicker Ave
- Haden's CarpentryP.O. Box 111366
- handyman services of alasks642 mason dr
- Handyman Services of North America6115 Chevigny Street #1
- Helton construction1150 S. Colony Way PMB 576
- High Level ConstructionPO BOX 3651
- Himmelwright Construction7381 Huntsman circle, unit c
- H&K Enterprise
- Northern Lights Roofing & Contracting1100 N Sam Sneade Loop
- Northern Lights Roofing & Contracting
- Pacific Northwest Builders90 Rankin Road
- Perfection Home Repairs2750 Whispering Woods Dr
- Piersma Home Services508 E Beaver Ave
- Pinnacle ServicesP. O. Box 92770
- Prime Constructors LLC2231 N Northway Ln Unit B
- ProArmAlaska2780 Tamarak Dr
- Protek Painting, Inc.Po box 876562
- Pacific Northwest Builders
- Quality Handyman Services Inc13479 E Highbush Cir
- Quality Handyman Services Inc
- Rapid Response Services4031 Lore Rd Sp 5
- Reeves construction3705 Arctic Blvd. 1874
- Renewal by Andersen of Alaska4134 Ingra St
- Rock Engineering4333 Butte Cir
- Rol-And-Door Enterprises22750 Myrtle Dr
Eagle River, Alaska
- Roy Briley General Contracting1577 C St
- Rapid Response Services
- TAYLORED RESTORATION SVC8535 Dimond D Circle Unit A
- The Alaska Wood Shop3451 N. Bear St.
- The Renovation CoPO Box 13204
Trapper Creek, Alaska
- The Wise Woodworker6007 E 12th Ave
- TMS Construction7134 Clemens Cir
Eagle River, Alaska
- TYTIN CONSTRUCTION17905 E SUNNYWOOD DR
- TAYLORED RESTORATION SVC