Alaska Computer Doctor

Founded 1999 • With Angi since August 2010

P.O. Box 230212

Anchorage, AK 99523

Alaska Computer Doctor has been a locally owned and operated company supporting Alaskan residents and business since 1999. Technicians ready for on site dispatch with 24/7 support available....

03/07/2018

Stephanie R.

This guy was super friendly and loves cats. My computer would not start up correctly after I went on vacation and was stuck in the never ending "system repair loop". James came over and told me how to reinstall windows and game me some other pointers on drivers and malware protection. I would definitely recommend this guy for anyone who has issues with their computer.

Description of Work
Windows was corrupt, needed new clean install

04/02/2017

Jeff M.

James is a true professional! He’s patient with customers whose skill level is well below his and he’s quick to diagnose and repair PC problems, not to mention the speed at which he does this is incredible. He answers any and all questions, as if this is the first time he’s had to respond and he does this with a genuine concern for the customer. We’ve been fortunate twice, we’ve not had to secure services to repair a PC and yet when we did, we found AK Computer Doctor and James. No question where we will go in the future. My PC had never worked so well. Many thanks to James for the outstanding support!

Description of Work
Reinstall Windows 10, upgrade memory, add malware protection.

02/24/2017

Daniel P.

Excellent. The technician who assisted me was extremely courteous and professional. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and made sure I was completely satisfied with how my computer was working before he was done.

Description of Work
I have an older computer that has been running slow recently and crashing occasionally.

04/30/2016

John S.

James did an excellent job and was very helpful with suggestions and talked me through several issues.

Description of Work
Provider checked my computer for maleware and suggested different protection. He also reconnected my wireless printer and cleaned the computer

02/18/2016

Jeana H.

Description of Work
Replaced mother board that was hard to find. Put in a lot of effort to make it right. I was very pleased

01/16/2016

Steven L.

James showed up on time and quickly fixed the problem. He also adjusted the computer so it ran better and faster and gave me guidance as to how to upload software I did not know was available. I am impressed -- so impressed I scheduled him to come back in six or seven months to make sure the computer is running well.

Description of Work
Removed malware

01/11/2016

Susan B.

I can only echo the other reviews here. This is the man for anyone who is pretty much a novice at set up, reprogramming, cleaning or any other maintenance type work for any device. This kid knows his stuff, he's patient, a good listener and a very good communicator. He was running late BUT was very good about keeping us appraised of his whereabouts and progress at getting to us. He offered suggestions for future purchases and changes to our devices and of course offered to help with recommendations and set-up in the future if/when we make these changes. I will use this man as my go-to guy from here forward .... Thanks Angie's List for another great referral.

Description of Work
Was having trouble with my wi-fi .... James fixed it in less than five minutes but stayed and offered much other advice and assistance on our numerous accumulated questions on cell phones, lap top, tablet and even the desk top P.C.

05/06/2015

Laura R.

I've been using James' services for 10 years and have always been greatly satisfied with his profesionalism, promptness, and knowledge of his trade. I'm an average over-50-something computer user, so my skills at the maintenance of a computer is very limited. He charges a flat rate no matter what the issue. He helps with maintenance and when I purchased a new computer last year, he took care of backing up the data, physically removed the hard drive from the old one and uploaded everything, including new programs, on the new one. I have recommended him regularly over the years and suggest you give him a try! He makes house calls by appointment and will come to you - always.

Description of Work
James regularly assists me with my home computer to install updates, clean up the junk, and overall guidance on what I need to purchase to continue high standards of maintenance on my computer.

10/27/2014

Drain M.

I had a problem with my laptop that I couldn't fix, so I made an appointment. The tech arrived when he said he would and took careof everything. Very fast and professional, also helped me with some other issues that I didn't know I had.

Description of Work
solved my computer issues

04/04/2014

Betty A.

He is a very nice guy and did everything that I needed.

Description of Work
He arrived on time and fixed what need to be fixed.

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    Mike's Computer Repair

Please call Mike at 480-580-9648. I opened Mike's Computer Repair (480-580-9648) in 1994 with the desire to provide honest, reliable and friendly computer services in Maricopa County and across the United States. I provide on-site computer repair at your home or office for any problems or upgrade issues you may be having. I am also able to use remote access software to control your computer and address problems without having to visit. Not sure what to do? Call 480-580-9648 and It will always be Mike that answers the phone! 480-580-9648

We come to your home or business promptly for any computer or networking related job. Microsoft windows and Mac OS! 24/7 support available. Malware and virus protection, data protection and retrieval, networking and custom builds or upgrades are just some of the things we offer. If it involves computers, you can bet it involves us, too.