Should you buy low-E glass or window film? Make your home more energy efficient with windows that cut heating and cooling costs. Decide which option is best for lowering energy costs based on home age, ROI, and project size.
Get matched with top window film companies in Anchorage, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local window film companies.
Recent Window Security Film Reviews in Anchorage
- REPLACEMENT GLASS CORepair was quickly and professionally done. Film had bubbles in it when they replaced it which the repair person said would disappear with time. Seemed odd to me but that was verified by another shop person there. I was selling the house so couldn't test the validity of that statement. Overall they are professional and good to work with. I will use them again when needed read less
- EAGLE GLASS ENHANCEMENTWe originally purchased 3M Safety film from another company. All windows have the 3M logo on them. Barbara came in and introduced herself as the new 3M Rep., stating that Rob had gotten out of the business. We later had an attempted break in on our front door protected by the 3M film applied by Rob. After 5 min of hitting the glass with a oversized framing hammer the burglar left without gaining entry and only damaged the outer pain of the double pain window. We called Barbara and told her how happy we were with the 3M film and asked her to put the film on the replacement glass door pain. She applied the film and we never had another attempted forced entry. Several years later we added on to the building and added many new windows. Barbara was contacted to apply the 3M film to the new windows for $3822.68. 16 days later our business was broken into and robbed of an ATM machine through the windows she had protected. The video surveillance shows the burglar throwing a spark plug at the glass and then kicking it several times. The time needed to gain entry with little to no tools was 10 seconds. The window film tore completely in half and allowed easy entry to the store. We immediately reported the incident to Barbara and asked what could be done. Barbara said she would contact 3M and ask what we should do. She came back and told us that 3M wanted a sample of the glass with the film on it so they could determine if the product was defective. We provided the damaged film and waited several days. When we didn't hear back from Barbara I contacted 3M myself and was told I would need to know the exact product name of the film that was used. I contacted Barbara by text and requested this information. It took Barbara two days to reply and she finally replied admitting that she had used a different companies film, Johnson and Johnson. We feel we were lied to and sold a false sense of security based on the reputation of 3M's security film and our personal experience with it. We demanded that Barbara remove the inferior product and apply the 3M product we were sold. She informed us that she was no longer a 3M Rep. I later learned by the State of Alaska's web site that her company Eagle Glass Enhancements didn't even have a license to conduct business. Barbara's repeated mention of 3M after the break in illustrates that this was fraud not a lack of communication. She would never have contacted 3M regarding a Johnson and Johnson product. We then demanded a full refund and were told that she would not refund our money. We need the states help to protect us and other business from these bait and switch business practices read less
Security Window Installers in Anchorage
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:LiveWatch Security, a DIY home security provider offering smartphone-enabled alarm systems and home automation, has revolutionized home security in America with its Plug & Protect® technology. Plug & Protect gives customers control of their alarm systems, surveillance cameras, and home appliances via an easily installable wireless control panel. Also featuring the patented ASAPer® (As Soon As Possible Emergency Response) service, LiveWatch’s affordable alarm monitoring plans guarantee emergen.. read lessRecent Review:I was on the market for a security system and this one seemed easy enough to install.......went through the process and some of the window sensors were not working. I called Customer Support who was very friendly and we went through the entire process again...this time other window sensors did not work. This went on for a week or so...then the door senors stopped working....than the motion sensor stopped working...at no time in over a month did I have a fully operational security system. As I was about to return the system I was told they have "new" sensors and they just realized they received a bad batch and are working with another company.....Gave it a try....and same issue returned....some sensors worked....some didn't. I finally returned the system and stopped getting emails.....only to find that they were still billing my credit card even after I returned the equipment. Very nice people and very understanding.....unfortunately their product is not up to par. While we do have a large home, it's an open concept and the sensors that weren't working were no more than 15ft away from the base. The previous owners of my house had a wireless system with no issues at all.....I'm going to be using that company going forward read lessRalph D.
- Business Description:Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.Recent Review:The job did not start on time. At the end of the day I had to personally go by and clean up after the crew as they would leave a mess behind, my renters were always complaining about. Mr. Baker at signing assured me the units would look like they had never been there during the day. Mr. Baker also said they would show up at 8AM and be gone by 5PM before my renters would return from work. The fact is they would show up in the PM and would work well beyond the 5PM deadline disrupting my renters. Mr. Kevin Baker was a great sales person and has the art to talk. The fact is he makes promises to be there and start a job so you notify everyone involved but he and or his crew would often be a no show, leaving my renters in distress. Even when I would question him twice "are you sure?" he would still be a no show. After much patience and frustrations over a month for a job that was due to be completed in 7-9 days I started looking to other solutions for completing the job. Mr Kevin Baker has never once returned to the job site or called me. How is that for work ethics? In the end, I would say he completed less than half the job & I had to be the supervisor on site because he was not there to ensure the job was done as promised. <br / read lessDennis K.
- Business Description:House Surgeons of Alaska is a family owned and operated business that has been in business since 1982. We are fully licensed and bonded. MOA Contractors License Number: CON2569 - expires 2/14/2016. Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development, Alaska Business License Number 68440 - expires 12/31/2016. State of Alaska, Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development Residential Contractor Endorsement Number 493 - expires 12/31/2014. State of Alaska, Depar.. read lessRecent Review:The kitchen is in a one-story part of the house so they went into the attic space. They also- as a courtesy- fixed the position of the hooks for my pot racks. They created a new hole for the exhaust and installed a proper vent. They patched the old vent hole. We got lots of insulating foam, too read lessBarbara P.
- Business Description:Pyramid Enterprises has been servicing Alaska for over 20 years. We are a family owned company and take pride in our work servicing our community and neighbors. Our employees have been with us for an average of 10 years read less
- Business Description:GENERAL CONTRACTOR SPECIALIZING IN ACCESSIBILTY DESIGN AND REMODELING FOR SENIORS AND SPECIAL NEEDS PEOPLE
- Business Description:Auto, Home, Commercial Glass and Glazing, Custom Shower and Tub Glass Enclosures, Insulated Glass, Table Tops, Mirrors, Phantom Diapering Screens, Window Filming, Security Filming, Commercial Glazing and Much Much More read lessRecent Review:When sash was installed there was dirt and streaks left between the panes, impossible to clean. Paid $500 to swap out fog for permanent streaks between the panes. Very disappointed, wished I had read their reviews first read lessGary G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful security window installer articles
Installing window film might help create an energy efficient home by regulating the interior temperature, but some films might void the window warranty.
Want to know how to soundproof a room? Put down those noise cancelling headphones and install replacement windows, which can help block the noise pollution.
window film companies in Anchorage
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- Accessible Homes Inc
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLCPO Box 671462
Eagle River, Alaska
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLC
- House Surgeons of Alaska6641 Wes Way
- House Surgeons of Alaska
- Livewatch Security620 Davis St.
- Livewatch Security
- Pyramid Enterprises900 S Grantham Road
- Pyramid Enterprises
- REPLACEMENT GLASS CO2457 ARCTIC BLVD
- REPLACEMENT GLASS CO
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.
- Vindean Contracting LLCPO Box 90260
- Vindean Contracting LLC