Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Anchorage, AK
There are 4 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Anchorage
- Septic SolutionsVery professional!! Kept us well informed, all workers on our job were awesome!! Wayne and Co. are a tribute to the knowledge of this field of work.
- Septic SolutionsRepair work on the pipe went great. When they inspected the septic tank, it appeared the tank had failed. They dug it up and found rusted holes throughout, plus the pipe going to the leach field was uphill. We had them replace the septic tank with a poly tank, reposition downhill drain to leach field and install an RV dump station since the equipment was already on-site to do the work. They further inspected the septic tank to leach field route using a special camera. We're glad we hired them and that they started right away; saving us money since they caught the problem before it ruined our leach field, as well. The addition of the new RV dump is going to be very convenient
- Septic SolutionsI had issues with my septic for months, was constantly getting clogs at the inlet to the tank. I had others come out and look and they gladly took my money to clear the clog, but never really diagnosed the issues. I finally called Wayne and got a diagnosis. Unfortunately my tank was rusted through in a few spots and had to be replaced. He quoted me a better price than anyone else and did the work fast, they even used some of the dirt left from installing a new drain field to widen my driveway and make it easier to get my boat and RV in and out. Wayne and his crew were great, friendly and professional, I wish i would have called him first, would have saved me time, money, and frustration
- Septic SolutionsExcellent. Sean went above and beyond to make things right. He arrived exactly on time even though I had only called 90 mins beforehand and worked continuously until the job was done. I would highly recommend Septic Solutions
- Septic SolutionsThey showed up promptly with all their equipment, they were professional and very reasonably priced. We are extremely satisfied with this company and highly recommend them.
- Septic SolutionsCalled out several people to look at the problem. All agreed the old leachfield was gone after 39 years. We had to have a whole new septic system. We went with Septic Solutions. It was a difficult job, requiring some innovation, but they got it done within a week. Works like a charm.
- A Plus Home Services IncWent well, much less impact to yard than anticipated. Prompt, on time, very efficient, polite, very skilled workers.
- Alaska Quality SepticHe was called late in the week and came early the next week. He was friendly and got the job done. I asked how many gallons were pumped as I recall a previous company putting that on the invoice. He said something like "about 1000 gallons which is typical."
- SHAMROCK SEPTICThey were very nice and helpful. I called today because we have to dig up the pipe leading up to the tank and she said she would send someone out right away. Now that's service!
- JR'S PUMPINGRoutine service, but the folks at JRs are wonderful to deal with from the office to the tech/driver. Polite, knowledgeable, and efficient.I have used them for many years. First rate outfit.
Last update on September 6, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Anchorage, AK
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Septic Tank Contractors in Anchorage, AK
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services905 Muldoon Rd.
Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- A Plus Home Services Inc7501 E 140Th Ave
Anchorage, Alaska 99516
- Alaska Sewer & Drain LLCPO Box 221914
Anchorage, Alaska 99507
- Arctic Mountain Development IncPO Box 111769
Anchorage, Alaska 99511
- AROUND THE CLOCK PUMPINGPO Box 220206
Anchorage, Alaska 99522
- Denali Sewer & Drain2835 Rose St
Anchorage, Alaska 99508
- John's Excavating, Inc6343 Spruce Meadows Dr
Anchorage, Alaska 99507
- One Stop Services Inc7654 Old Harbor Ave
Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Spartan Contracting205 E Dimond Blvd
Anchorage, Alaska 99515
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services
- Septic Solutions4400 E Dimond Way
Wasilla, Alaska 99654
- Septic Solutions
- valley pump and well service2200 W Success Dr
Wasilla, Alaska 99654
- valley pump and well service
Septic tank companies that service Anchorage
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.