Affordable Construction

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2010

2907 Turnagain St

Anchorage, AK 99517

Whether you're looking for interior or exterior work or need a little of both, Affordable Construction is here to help you decide which changes and upgrades are right for you. From major remodeling and repairs of homes, and to small projects, Affordable Construction can take care of it all. Contact

02/18/2017

Zona R.

Very smoothly. I am impressed by Christopher's responsiveness to my requests, questions and to the work required. He had great ideas for my bathrooms and I believe this helped keep the costs down too. I would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Description of Work
2 bathrooms remodeled Replace all interior doors

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, doors

06/23/2016

Gayle A.

Called and spoke to Christopher, he came out quickly to look at porch and give me an estimate. He gave me two estimates one to fix the porch with existing tubes and one to replace the tubes all together. We went with just using the existing tubes and replacing the post. He and an employee came out and did the work quickly and efficiently. We are very happy with the results and our porch does not lean anymore!

Description of Work
Needed for porch leveled and support post replaced.

05/18/2016

Jeffrey J.

Description of Work
They installed heated tile in a bathroom. On time, on budget and very considerate of the interuption in use. Class act all around.

Category decks, home remodeling

11/08/2015

Thomas S.

I appreciated Christopher's response to my inquiries. However, his final comment saying it is "mandatory" that he reply to my inquiries (assuming my being an Angie's List provider), and not to contact him again through this message system leaves a bad taste. His reviews are excellent, so it is no wonder he has all the work he needs. I will move on to work with other providers.

Description of Work
Christopher was responsive to my inquiries, but is very busy. Couldn't schedule any work for 6 months out.

10/21/2015

sue G.

he is extremely punctuated with time. he has an associate who is very professional as well. job site is very clean, they clean up daily. they covered the furniture. he is good to communicate with if you wish to modify the project.

Description of Work
removed an old kitchen; 1) removed the walls that are not supporting the roof. removed the entire old kitchen including cabinets, range hood 2)cleaned out old sheet-rocks, installed new ones and new fiberglass insulation. 3) reinstalled the range hood duct and connections. 4) installed the cabinet, crown molding, bamboo floor, wall tiles, and painted the new kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

10/15/2015

Cheryl M.

This is the 2nd summer I have used Christopher to update my home and he is super reliable, does excellent craftsmanship and bends over backward to work with me. He even installed my "Little Library" in front of my house - a job WAY below his pay grade - just to help me out! I would use him any time for any job in my home. This project is my 2nd bathroom remodel with Christopher. He's got a great crew and excellent contractors.

Description of Work
Christopher updated my bathroom with tiling and installation of a freestanding tub. Plumbing had to be moved and subfloor built.

Category ceramic tile, decks, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

10/01/2015

Deatrich S.

Overall I was very happy with the work. The extension of the deck looks great, and the railings look great as well. They also replaced the old railings and put up new ones to make the railings on the new deck. Chris is very responsive, and easy to get a hold of. We had originally thought of adding a 12 x 12 addition. He came out and did the estimate very promptly. We then decided that a 12 x 18 addition would be better. He was very prompt about coming out again and giving us an updated estimate. They completed the job quickly, and the deck looks like nice quality. My only complaint was that they added 2 new stairs off the deck, and also replaced the 2 sets of stairs on the old deck. 3 of the sets of new stairs are very nice, good material, and match the deck nicely, but the 4th set of stairs is a different wood material, definitely not as good of quality, and does not match the rest of the deck. I don't understand why they did those stairs differently. The stairs are only about 5 months old now and they do not seem to be holding up as well as the other wood, and I am not very happy with the way they look.

Description of Work
Extended our deck by adding an extra 12 x 18 ft extension on with railings, and stairs.

Category decks, woodworking

09/22/2015

Shannon P.

Chris' estimate was WAY lower than anyone else's and he was flexible in size. Everyone else wanted to make a huge deck and only gave us estimates for a big deck - we were more concerned with cost than a monster deck. He was professional, genial and the deck was done in one day. They came to remove our old deck and put in the sonotubes one day. The next few days it poured rain. When they came back to put up the new deck, it was completed in a day. It looks great and cost SO much less than the other estimates. It isn't flashy but is functional and I think it looks gorgeous!

Description of Work
They built an 8x8 deck for us.

08/07/2015

janet M.

Everything went great. They did a wonderful job and cleaned up nicely. I would recommend Christopher to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed three large window

Category decks, replacement windows

08/07/2015

JM H.

The work was completed on time and in a professional manner. When the wrong sink was delivered by a different company, Affordable Construction provider took care of the problem and the correct sink was installed. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category decks, home remodeling

07/06/2015

Robin W.

They were very professional, did beautiful work, I am very happy with the design and quality.

Description of Work
installed 2 decks and a new door

07/01/2015

Stacy G.

The entire process; from contacting Christopher on Angie's List, to the completion of the deck railing was A+. Christopher returned my phone call immediately and scheduled to meet with my husband and I the following day. Two days later, as agreed, Christopher showed up with his truck, all the supplies, and his assistant before 9:00 a.m. (as he said he would) and began work immediately on the railing system. This team was organized, extremely pleasant yet professional, informative, and did everything we requested during our initial meeting during the project estimate. The estimate was free, and Christopher did give us the total cost of the project and bill us for that amount upon its completion. He emailed the estimate to us after our meeting, and he emailed us the "paid" invoice the day following the completion of the project. I called 4 contractors on Angie's List on the same morning. Christopher Nowak of Affordable Construction was the first to call me back. He made us feel confident of his services, followed through with everything he said he would do, and worked quickly to complete our project within our specifications. Outstanding service and personal skills.

Description of Work
Christopher Nowak, contractor, and his assistant installed a cedar railing around our outdoor hot tub deck,. The deck is 16 ft x16 ft and without the railing system, our deck did not meet the City of Anchorage codes.

06/28/2015

Penny Ann T.

This makes at least 20 of these retrofits they have done for us. They were able to fit this job into their schedule on short notice and completed the project in less than a day. We have used them for other projects of varying sizes and have found no reason not to recommend them highly especially for small construction projects.

Description of Work
Removed non-standard bedroom window for a residential rental; reframed for new 60" wide horizontal sliding egress window; installed new window including repair of outside vinyl siding.

Category decks, replacement windows

06/09/2015

Allen M.

Christopher did the work when I was not there and coordinated with the tenant in the other apartment. He was timely and accommodated the tenant. All work is excellent and just as I asked for. I would hire Affordable again without reservation.

Description of Work
Installed four new exterior doors on a duplex. The installation required raising the doors slightly for clearance purposes. Staining and trimming the doors was required. They also rebuilt four exterior porches and stairs

06/07/2015

George F.

Called Christopher on Saturday and he was able to start Monday morning. Chris and Mark showed up promptly on Monday morning and had all the tile cut and set in one day. Arrived Tuesday and grouted the tile in a few hours. Came back on Wednesday and caulked the tub and tile. Chris and Mark did a beautiful job. Extremely pleased with the work they performed for me especially on short notice.

Description of Work
Cut and set tile, grouted, caulked tub/shower enclosure.

05/14/2015

Orrin B.

From start to finish Affordable Construction has proven itself as a top-notch service. Christopher is a professional and took time to understand my vision and provided his expertise in making it a reality. Work started as scheduled and Christoper and his team worked diligently paying close attention to the details. The deck railings and staircase is a beautiful piece of work! Christopher kept me in the know throughout the construction process and made sure I was satisfied. I am extremely pleased with the final product, and I can honestly say it was the best experience I had working with a contractor. Definietly will call Christopher again when in need of construction services!

Description of Work
Deck addition. Building a lower deck connecting it to an existing deck. Added railings.

02/04/2015

Kyle V.

This is the second time I have used Affordable Construction. Again, I am very happy with their professionalism and quality of work. Extremely hard working, good people to deal with. Could not recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Repair foundation bases per home inspectors notes.

Category foundation repair

11/24/2014

Kyle V.

Everything turned out as we had hoped it would. Christopher was very professional at the door and with my family.

Description of Work
Remove-replace old shower pan and retile the shower walls. Retile walls and move a light switch in the second bathroom. Remove-replace-texture damaged drywall on the ceiling in two rooms.

Category decks, drywall, home remodeling

10/16/2014

Cheryl M.

He and his crew were on time, efficient, helpful in design and open to finishing several other projects. He had good design ideas and did an excellent job. They were neat and clean and didn't leave any mess and he even noticed another door didnt fit right and he fixed that. He went to 2-3 stores to match tile. I'd absolutely use him again.

Description of Work
Christopher tiled a floor and a landing, finished some tile trim and wood trim work, did some insulating and dry wall work, as well as several other small repairs.

Category drywall

10/13/2014

Sherlyn S.

It went better than we could have imagined! It was less expensive than we thought it would be. They were very considerate or our schedules, very efficient in coordinating with the plumber and very responsive to our suggestions. A few days into the project, we discussed with them the possibility of installing a pocket door into the laundry room. They turned on a dime and made that happen too.

Description of Work
They built a shower in our laundry room.

Category decks, home remodeling, doors

09/16/2014

Allen M.

Affordable (Chris) was very responsive. Scheduled the work about a month out. Kept me informed as to exact start date. Showed up, Called me on the one rain day. Persued the work without interruption. Did a very quality job. I would definitely use them again

Description of Work
Removed and rebuilt four proches and enlarged two of them.

07/17/2014

Mary P.

He did a great job. He was great. He was on time. He was willing to do small jobs like putting a door to large jobs like putting a beam in the garage. We were very pleased with him. We originally hired him to do the deck. We asked him how much it will cost for the jobs, he gave us a bid and the nest day he was here to do it. Sometimes, he was in the middle of another job and we had a two week wait at one period. But that was not his fault and so we had to ask him to do something else.

Description of Work
We used the services of Affordable Construction. He re-did the deck. He also re-built the front walkway. He painted the rail at the back deck. He repaired the drywall and put a beam on the garage. He also put a door.

Category decks, drywall, fencing, masonry, woodworking, doors

06/16/2014

Gary P.

The estimate was very reasonable,the quality of materials and workmanship were excellent; we are happy and plan ti use them again.

Description of Work
Build new deck

08/22/2013

Catherine B.

Christopher Novak did an excellent job- his work was great and in spite of a glitch in the delivery of the windows (lost container on a barge), the project got done in good time. He worked well with us and the tenants and we would use his services again. He was professional and knowledgeable. Note- he has a German accent which is sometimes hard to understand, but he brings with it German craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Removed & replaced wooden windows with vinyl, removed and replaced exterior doors, trim.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, doors

06/28/2013

Ruth Ann R.

They were very prompt and did everything well and came in right on the bid. They were friendly and even got along with our dog.

Description of Work
We had a porch put in, a deck redone so the steps are much shallower, and a peek-proof cedar fence. There was some leak damage to the roof of our garage and they got someone out to do some minor repairs that were included in the bid.

Category decks, fencing

TR Exteriors

Book early for your siding installation, we are likely months out in our schedule. TR Exteriors is a siding specialty owner operator business, perfect for residential homes and repairs. m.facebook.com/pg/TRExteriorsAK/reviews/

PACIFIC ELECTRIC LLC

Electrical Contractor -Electrical panel upgrades -Back up generator installs -Electric car charger install -Lighting upgrades -Remodel -Electrical trouble shooting

Award 2022
    Supreme Electric

Supreme Electric is a family owned and operated business established in 2010 by Justin Morgan and Keith Willard. We realized there was a growing need to establish an electrical contracting company that focused on a set of core values that seemed to be lacking in others. We operate Supreme based on truthfulness, transparency, tradesman ship, trust and a dedication to our customers no matter how small the project that is unmatched by other contractors. You will recognize our level of excellence through the whole process from your Initial call with Justin or Keith, to scheduling with Krystal or Amanda along with the interaction with one of our many qualified technicians that show up on time, uniformed and ready to complete all your electrical needs, to the final step of payment and follow up survey with Krystal. We promote a healthy and safe working environment for all of our employees which enables any all interactions you have with a Supreme Electric employee will by a positive experience. We look forward to helping you with all your electrical needs. We want to personally welcome you and thank you for becoming part of The Supreme Family.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Bathrooms. Kitchens. Siding. Windows. Handicap Additions. Patios. Decks. Fire & Water Damage Repairs. Renovations. General Contracting. Electrical. Plumbing. Flooring. Drywall. Driveway Sealing. Doors. Tile Work. Glass Block Installation. Marble, Stone, & Granite Work.

Landscaping.