When choosing between well water vs. city water, there’s rarely a cut-and-dry answer. Learn the difference between the two water sources in this short guide.
Get matched with top well pump repair services in Richmond, VA
There are 31 highly-rated local well pump repair services.
Recent Well Water Pump Repair Reviews in Richmond
- Ralphs Plumbing & Heating IncI have used Ralph's Plumbing on several occasions over the last ten+ years. Always on time and very professional. When I called around, they were the most reasonably priced. Very nice people and would highly recommend.
- MATTHEWS WELL & PUMP INCRobert came and he was very very good, inspected the well and did something, and figured out that there was a hole on the pipe inside the house and he readily fix it, he also tested the water for PH levels because the pipes were made of copper that caused the holes on the pipes.
- Echo Leak Detection LLCFantastic service. Rene came in 25 minutes after I called. We had just moved in to our "new" house, built in 1939, and we discovered the sump pump was not working and the tropical storm was coming in hours. Rene replaced it in a jiffy and it works great. I would highly recommend him. I cant say enough good about him
- Value Dry WaterproofingMy basement only had water come into it once after a downpour, but I definitely had a mold issue downstairs. Any object left in the basement developed mold if mold could possibly develop on that particular material. All other estimates were far cheaper, but the ValueDry presentation was far more professional and the work they proposed to do much more thorough. They give you a sales pitch about how much better their system is, and I recognized it was a sales pitch, but I decided not to take half measures and just get the whole job done. I could have scaled back the extent of the work, however. They gave me a number of options. Before the work started, I had an electrician install an electric outlet in the crawl space, per request of ValueDry. I got what I paid for. They told me in advance that they would be removing two of the four pine paneled walls in the den. They knocked a number of chips in one of the remaining walls and for some reason removed the crown molding on that wall even though they kept the wall. I went through their trashcan and recovered the wooden clothes hanger rack from a den closet and a wood attachment that goes with it. So I suppose that jackhammers and daintiness don't go together, but they got the job done. If you call their office in Baltimore, you may have to leave a message for the right person to call you back, but my calls were answered within a half hour. Here are more details about the job itself. They jackhammered through the concrete floor in three rooms (the family room/den plus bathroom and utility room) in order to install their type of pipe, as well as stone, mudguard, and flow channel. They went around the HVAC system in the utility room. Then they reinstalled the concrete floor. They removed two walls of 1959 pine paneling in order to cover the walls with a vapor barrier. They put the vapor barrier in the crawl space plus crawlspace drainage matting. The installed a closed-cell spray foam insulation vapor barrier in the crawl space. I got a sump well and 1/2 hp sump pump and a new battery back-up pumping system. They installed floor clean-outs, Jet-Kleen drain tile flushing systems. I have a new crawl space door and two EZ Breathe Ventilation Units, one for the basement and the other for the crawl, along with accompanying vents. Whenever I sell the house, I can check this off my list. There is nothing left to do on this issue
- JES Foundation RepairFrom the initial appointment with Barry to the work performance (Otto, Justin and Justin) to the final inspection handled by Tamesha, the entire experience was great. Very professional and responsive team.
- Short Pump Heating, Air & PlumbingAfter experiencing the first heat wave of 2015 back in late May it was immediately apparent that our two existing 15 year old air residential conditioner units were on their last legs and needed to be replaced very soon. We also knew that our original hot water tank and two furnace units were approaching the end of their economic lives. As a result we were willing to consider replacing some or all of this equipment at the same time for the right "bundled discount" offer. After checking out all related reviews on both Angie's list and Consumer Reports websites, as well as consulting with neighbors who had recently replaced their a/c and furnace systems, we starting gathering quotes from several reputable local service providers. The list of equipment air conditioner and furnace manufacturers we considered included American Standard, Carrier, Bryant, and Rheem. From beginning to end we could not have been happier with our experience working with the collective Short Pump Heating & Air Team. Our initial desperate phone call to schedule a home visit was answered promptly by their friendly customer service team. In less than 24 hours Matt Seay arrived at our home, inspected our systems, and confirmed our assessment that a total system replacement was the most cost effective solution given the age and condition of our existing units. Matt provided us with extremely competitive bundled and unbundled quotes for two new Carrier 2.5 ton air conditioner units, two Carrier high efficiency gas furnaces, and a Bradford White hot water heater. Equally important, Matt confirmed that this equipment could be ordered and installed within a week once we made a final decision to proceed. Matt was extremely professional, polite and responsive as we exchanged numerous follow on phone calls and email messages. We were very impressed as well when Ryan Lancaster, one of Short Pump?s company owners, promptly visited our home to personally conduct a technical inspection, confirm the correct size of equipment required, and to go over all installation related logistics. We ultimately decided to give our business to Short Pump Heating and Air for the following reasons: 1) their competitive pricing that included a one year preventive maintenance contract 2) their use of highly respected Carrier brand equipment, 3) their superior warranty terms, 4) they are a local firm, 5) our very positive interactions with Matt and Ryan. Short Pump H&A's responsiveness really set them apart. On day of our scheduled installation the Short Pump team arrived promptly with several vehicles and crews ready to go by 8 am. Ryan Lancaster was on hand as well to oversee all work. To a person, every Short Pump team member was extremely courteous and professional. By early afternoon they had removed all our old equipment, successfully installed our new a/c and furnace units, cleaned everything up and even trained us on how use our new systems. We couldn?t believe that we were already enjoying a cooler more comfortable home! This could have easily been 1+ day installation given the extensive scope involved. The fact that Ryan had two full crews on site to ensure our immediate comfort speaks volumes about his company's client-first perspective. Suffice it to say we were beyond impressed by the outstanding service received throughout our installation experience. In early December we had our first semi-annual preventive maintenance service visit from Short Pump Heating & Air. Once again we were treated to a very positive customer service experience! We would strongly recommend Short Pump Heating & Air to anyone in need a reliable, high value, and hassle-free solution to their current HVAC problems!
- Short Pump Heating, Air & PlumbingWhile I was removing my lawn chair from the crawl space I hit a pipe and sprang a major leak. I called Short Pump HVAC and Plumbing because have never let me down. I called and Jessica was so sweet and recognized the urgency of my water being shut off. Jeff arrived within an hour. Cheery as always, he explained what he would do. He stayed until the glue dried and rechecked the pipes to make sure their was no further leak. He even welcomed me to print a coupon. I really love this company. Each technician is more friendly and thorough than the last. Thanks!!
- Short Pump Heating, Air & PlumbingFrom start to finish, I was extremely pleased with the quality of work and installation! Matt Seay, initially came over to give us an estimate, and found him to be extremely nice and professional, as he did give us a written estimate, before he left. i received quotes from other HVAC companies, but because of Matt, and the fact they were installing a new Carrier system, was the reason for my decision. After doing my research on heat pumps, I felt Carrier was one of the gold standards in this industry, as well as receiving a 10 year warranty on this unit. They set a date for the installation, and they were here on schedule, and completed the job in 5 hours, and am extremely pleased. The installers, were friendly, efficient and terrific to work with. Ryan, one of the owners of the company, came by and checked the work, and made sure it was to our satisfaction. This entire experience was 1st class, and everybody at Short Pump Air, were terrific!!.....Thank you
- Short Pump Heating, Air & PlumbingShort Pump Heating, Air, and Plumbing was great to work with. We have a Cape Cod style home with an addition and no previous central air. It was a complicated job and I was nervous about where all of the duct work and vents would go. Ryan spent a lot of time planning and talking to us and he came up with a plan that was not as obtrusive as I had thought. His workers were polite, punctual, and pleasant. The entire job was finished in just 3 days and we couldn't be happier. It also helped that they have a plumber in their company because we needed to call him out twice during the job. I highly recommend
- MATTHEWS WELL & PUMP INCCalled about 9:30 am. Someone was here within an about an hour. Very polite and professional. Answered all of my questions. Would definitely use again.
Wells in Richmond
- Business Description:No matter what plumbing problem you are facing, Mundin Plumbing can help you. As one of the most trusted plumbing companies in Richmond, Henrico, and Glen Allen, Mundin Plumbing offers high-quality work every time. Whether you just need a simple fix for a running toilet or have a more complex plumbing project, the company’s team can handle anything. The plumbers are experts with more than 10 years of industry experience. They always do the job right the first time and provide exceptional cust..Recent Review:Never heard a word from this company.Anne D.
- Business Description:We can take care of all of your plumbing needs.Recent Review:They called back quickly, were punctual, friendly and solved the problem. Father and sons owned.Sue H.
- Business Description:Specializing in plumbing! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:John and his crew are amazing people. I needed them for an emergency sewer back up. He came here on his anniversary to help me. Quality Plumbing and Restoration are truly quality people and they stayed until they found the problem. Amazing human beings. I will use them again and againmarcia s.
- Business Description:We are a customer focused company that was originally started in 1982. We employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best. Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and installing complete comfort systems for owners. We take special pride in the craftsmen we train and employ. Our entire company works hard to make your experience with us hassle-free and enjoyable. Should we make a mistake, we will do everything in our power to correct it to your satisfaction. C..Recent Review:My experience was excellent. They were professional and courteous, followed through on the word, and did the work at the promised time, at the promised amount. I would use Colonial again in the future in a heartbeat, and I would recommend them to anyone in need of a plumberSandria M.
- Business Description:Universal provides its customers with professional staffing, quality products and the most cost-effective services available. Satisfaction is our goal and our way of developing lasting relationships. Our clients have peace of mind in knowing that Universal is a company that truly cares. Additional emails - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact names - Steffen Meade, Charles Barden, Kim Hayes. Additional phone - (804) 233-4257Recent Review:I had hired Universal to replace the heat pump on my residence. When my son bought a house and renovated, we had agreed to replace the heat pump for him. Because my personal experience was so positive I contacted Universal Heating. They did a fabulous job not only installing the furnace/heat pump, but they reran & connected new ducts throughout the house. This has made such a difference in not only the comfort of the house, but also reduced the electrical bill. My son reported that they were quite professional and he is more than pleased with the work they did. Considering how difficult it must have been to replace some of the venting runs, it was an excellent experience. I would recommend this companyTamara W.
- Business Description:Founded in 1969 by Dick & Nancy Krider, Howell’s Heating & Air's mission has always been simple– hire good people and perform good work and the business will come. Over 40 years and a generation later, Howell’s remains true to this original philosophy and attributes its success and reputation to their great owners, for their hard work every single day. Howell’s requires all technicians to be NATE-certified. In order to become certified, technicians must pass a nationally recognized test to de..Recent Review:Howells got me a dame day appointment, technician was very knowledgeable-fixed the problem while explaining to me what was wrong. I have had a long term contract with howells for several years now. Highly recommend these guys!Donna R.
- Business Description:Guirkin Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Company, LLC originated in 1976. We have been servicing Central Virginia's residential plumbing, heating and cooling needs for over forty years now! We have a reputation of fast service and usually respond to your call within four to eight hours with the job being completed. When you call our office you will have a nice conversation with Tommy, Linda, or Kristin about your problem. There will be no long waits. We believe in honest, reliable servi..Recent Review:The technician was professional and knowledgeable. He did a thorough cleaning and inspection. He was respectful of our home and worked cleanly. We will hire Guirkin Plumbing and Heating again.Beth B.
- Business Description:Trust, transparency, and quality service at a fair price represent the core at A-1 Sewer & Drain. We offer residential and commercial plumbing, drain cleaning, and installations for gas lines, sewer lines, and water heaters. We are round the clock, 24/7, emergency service all through the year, since sewer and drain problems can rise up any time of day or nightRecent Review:Excellant! Knowledgable and courteous installers.Bob D.
- Business Description:Established in 1989 after working in the plumbing profession for more than 15 years in Chesterfield and the surrounding area. We have an A+ Rating with the BBB. We are Licensed and Insured. I have a Masters License in Plumbing, Gas, and HVAC. We are a small company and services are peformed or supervised by me. Our rates are reasonable and we work hard ro get to your problem PromptlyRecent Review:Returned my call early in the morning and responded by noon. Quickly unplugged a clogged drain the the common line (about 10'-15') for the bath tub and sink. Took approximately 15 minutes.Don R.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Plumbing Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today! Ask about Military, Healthcare and First Responder discounts! 10% Military DiscountRecent Review:We hired Echo to re-plumb our house and it was a miserable experience. First Rene tried to install a water line (twice!) even though we told him we already had one, then when the County messed up our sewer connection and we were going to try to get some money back for the mistake, he was evasive and refused to answer what the difference was between what he spent and what was budgeted. Then he kept demanding money from us and our GC before he would commit to showing up again. Then he installed the $1k stormwater sump pump AT THE WRONG END OF THE BASEMENT. So the water puddles at the south end, while our shiny, expensive sump pump sits dry at the north end. One day, Rene just showed up and said he would do all the finishes over the next three days (no warning, no scheduling, no call), forcing us to cancel a trip to NC to be available. Then HE DIDN'T SHOW UP for two of the three days. During finishes, there was problem after problem and instead of educating us on what we needed to get, he'd just leave and disappear for weeks. The hot/cold water lines were plumbed backward and they ripped huge holes in the drywall to fix that, then there was a problem with the master shower that Rene said would cost several hundred dollars to fix (another plumber fixed it in 5 minutes), and then HE JUST DISAPPEARED. For weeks. AFTER being paid. Dishonest. Uncommunicative. Unprofessional. Poor quality work. Not enough bad things to say about itGray O.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful well articles
A faulty well pump can cause your water to shut off, lower your water pressure, or result in filthy, unhealthy water. If you suspect an issue with your pump, it’s important to deal with it right away. Here’s how to spot problems.
Drilling a well could save you hundreds on water bills and deliver healthier water to your home. The cost to drill a well, though, depends on factors like location and how deep you need to dig. Find out more about the costs to drill a well.
Find well pump repair services in
- Bon Air
- Highland Springs
- Glen Allen
- Manakin Sabot
- Colonial Heights
- Fort Lee
well pump repair services in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&M Premier Plumbing707 Emerald Ct
Newport News, Virginia
- A-1 Sewer & Drain Plumbing & Water Heaters516 S Military Hwy
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Affordable Plumbing4215 Farmhill Ln
- AK Homes2140 Haleford ct.
- All About Plumbing Service & Repair40 Brick Drive
Highland Springs, Virginia
- All Tune & Lube4545 Pouncey Tract Rd Ste B
Glen Allen, Virginia
- Alliance Air & Duct Inc10301 Hull Street Road Building 2 Office 2
- ANDERSON WELL DRILLING9601 MILITARY RD
Amelia Court House, Virginia
- Art's Plumbing Service, Inc.15925 Searchlight Ct
- Atlantic Green LLC10825 Houser Dr Ste B
- A&M Premier Plumbing
- Best Price Plumbing Inc.11324 Longtown Drive
- Best Price Plumbing Inc.
- CAPITOL BUILDERS, INC.14341 Sommerville Court
- Carroll Plumbing & Heating Inc2108 Maywill St
- Chem Free Pure Water Systems338 Mountain Dr N
- City Wide Plumbing10000 Brittonwood Dr
- Cole Electric of Va. Inc.6200 Mockingbird Ln
- Colonial Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.114 Charlotte Ave.
Colonial Heights, Virginia
- Commonwealth H2O - Blue Ridge325 Greenbrier Dr
- CPS Contractors17707 Hull St Rd
- Curtis Drilling Inc2375 Lanier Rd
- CAPITOL BUILDERS, INC.
- D L Jones Plumbing Inc5616 Greendale Rd
- Damascus Road Services, LLC7543 Bell Creek Rd
- Dave's Handyman Service6108 Charles City Road
- Daves Backyard Ponds2204 Lashley Ln
- Dominion Plumbing9200 Belcherwood RD
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dowdy's Well and Septic Service, Inc.4224 Darbytown Road
- Dr. Tom, LLC.18140 Shumans Rd
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- D L Jones Plumbing Inc
- EDWARD BITTNER PLUMBING & HEATING201 W ROANOKE ST
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- EPC Elmore's Plumbing Co LLC1629 Log Cabin Rd
- EDWARD BITTNER PLUMBING & HEATING
- FERGUSONS SPRINKLER SYSTEMS12141 SPRING RUN RD
- FERGUSONS SPRINKLER SYSTEMS
- HARRIE PLUMBING & HEATING25114 RICHMOND TPKE
Ruther Glen, Virginia
- Hawthorne's Plumbing IncPO Box 490
- Herman W. Allen Plumbing, Heating & Cooling10010 Lickinghole Rd.
- HOBGOOD PLUMBING7703 OFFSHORE DR
- Howell's Heating & Air11216 Air Park Rd
- HARRIE PLUMBING & HEATING
- J L Bishop Contractors700 Grove Rd
- James River Air Conditioning Company1905 Westmoreland St
- Jerry's Plumbing and Heating
- JES Foundation Repair456 Old Courthouse Rd
- JES Foundation Repair2410 Southland Dr
- JES Foundation Repair2569 Quality Ct
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Joe P Clark Inc5518 Mcclellan Rd
- J L Bishop Contractors
- M.A. Williams Drain Cleaning, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling 27 Labrook Dr
- Marines Service Co.12084 CADET CT
- MATTHEWS WELL & PUMP INC11446 Cauthorne Rd .
Glen Allen, Virginia
- MCCOY WATER FILTER INC5756 Charles City Cir
- Michael & Son Svc Inc5740 General Washington Dr
- Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing of VA8382 Terminal Rd Suite B
- Mr Rooter Plumbing of Richmond VA718 Grove Rd
- Muldoon Plumbing & Heating, Inc.12311 Hermon Field Road
- Mundin Plumbing, Inc.3229 ANDERSON HWY
- M.A. Williams Drain Cleaning, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
- Paul's Plumbing4 Apple Court
- Pay less plumbing services.5466 Mechanicsville Turnpike
- Perfect Plumbing LLC7441 WHITEPINE RD
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- Plumber Near Me12200 Lucks Ln
- Plumbright Plumbing Inc.1642 Oak Lake Blvd E
- Paul's Plumbing
- Quality Plumbing704 Grace Johnson Rd
Kents Store, Virginia
- Quality Plumbing
- R J Tilley Plumbing & Heating Inc11058 Washington Hwy Ste 1
Glen Allen, Virginia
- R.P.Perkins Plumbing & MechanicalP.O. Box 982
- Ralphs Plumbing & Heating IncPO Box 623
- Reel Time, LLC4006 West End Dr.
Glen Allen, Virginia
- REMODELING RESOURCES OF RICHMOND4318 OLD HUNDRED RD
- RightNOW Plumbing5598 General Washington Dr
- Rightwayplumbing 1685 Cook Rd
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup2921 Cardwell Rd
- ROYALL PUMP & WELL CO INC2958 ANDERSON HWY
- RUTHERFORD PLUMBING & HEATINGP.O. Box 804
- R J Tilley Plumbing & Heating Inc
- Seal-Tite Basement Waterproofing Co355 Olde Rte 604
- Shark Construction8604 Pennsbury pl #3
- Short Pump Heating, Air & Plumbing12111 Ridgefield Pkwy
- SIMPLISTIC WATER SOLUTIONS9208 Harmad Dr
North Chesterfield, Virginia
- Stemmle Plumbing Repair IncPO Box 35680
- Seal-Tite Basement Waterproofing Co