Garbage disposals aren’t a fail-proof method of disposing food waste and other items. If misused, you can damage your appliance, the drainage system, or both. This guide discusses what to—and what not to—put into a garbage disposal.
Get matched with top small appliance repair services in Portland, OR
There are 22 highly-rated local small appliance repair services.
Recent Small Appliance Repair Reviews in Portland
- Randy's ElectricMy dishwasher stopped working. I call Best Buy's Geek Squad as I bought the machine there 2 years ago. After two service calls ($150) they said that they couldn't fix it as the problem was electrical and they weren't electricians. Good service
- PDX ApplianceI was called back right away and ended up with same day service. Helped turn a bad ordering experience with Costco into a good final outcome. Would definitely recommend PDXAppliance.
- Pacific Crest PlumbingI met Nick after another local outfit fixed the main shut off valve in my basement. The fix was needed after discovering that my water bill had unexpectedly jumped from previous usage and in the steps to determine if there was a leak inside or outside of the house. Because the main shut off was faulty that was the first needed step. The first plumber did indeed replace the main shut off inside the house for 550$. Being a first time homeowner and not being a plumber by trade I assumed that the cost was industry standard. After the shut off was repaired the plumber confirmed that the meter was still spinning and that the mystery leak was outside, meaning that I would need a new water main at a cost of 5300$ of which they would deduct the 550$ we paid for the shut off to be replaced. The price tag was way beyond what we could financially swallow with out a second opinion. Thats how I met Nick. He came out the same day to access and bid the water main replacement. 2775$ was the bid he gave and even apologized that it wasn’t less given the short distance to the house but that there are minimums on equipment which I completely understood. Nick was very honest and upfront about what needed to be done. I asked about a “re-plumb” of the entire house which was being very strongly pitched by the other two outfits that I took bids from. Nick asked, “why, is something broken or not working well?” In fact we don’t have any notable water or plumbing needs or problems. That exchange demonstrated that Nick wasn’t at my house to get my money, he was there to do an honest job and help me sort out the problem at hand. Nick did an incredible job with prep to protect the inside of my house and the clean up was as if he’d never been there. On parting Nick even said I could text him plumbing pictures/questions in the future and he’d help triage the situation for me. That kind of service comes from values that we should all aspire too. Nick is a now a permanent in my contacts list as Nick the plumber and now if someone asks if I know a plumber I can enthusiastically say, “yeah, I know a guy.
- Pacific Crest PlumbingNick did amazing work for us. He repiped our house and couldn't have been more professional and thorough. The work was done perfectly with as little disruption to our house as possible. Since then he's been back to help us with a couple other small projects and he's incredibly responsive when we reach out to him. A trustworthy guy
- Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLCThe team was very responsive and communicated very well. Unfortunately the result of the diagnosis was that the appliance needed to be replaced and therefore no repair was completed. But the Knapp's team was very transparent and helpful through the process.
- 1-800-Plumber + AirVery well done. He was on time and very professional. Also gave a 30 day warranty for his work. Will definitely keep in mind for future work.
- Gadget's GadgetsThis is our third time using Gadgets Gadgets. Excellent service every time. Garrett was timely and friendly. Gave us a workable option to install a gas cook stove, with a preexisting cement slab foundation. Reasonably priced.
- Appliance Guys IncZephyr the service technician for Appliance Guys was Absolutely Fantastic!!!! He was Prompt,Curtious,Efficient,and Informative.Best Service I've ever had for anything.Would definitely use this company as they were great.Now my refrigerator work Great.Thank you Zephyr and Appliance Guys. Sincerely Rick Solinger
- Pacific Crest PlumbingHad a great experience with Nick from Pacific Crest Plumbing. Water pipes in walls for the shower had sprung a bad leak. Nick was able to quickly come in, accurately diagnose the problem and fix it same day. Quick, clean and efficient. It has been a few weeks since the repair and no leaks have come back. Fixed on first try
- Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLCI recently bought a house that had a new dishwasher improperly installed, and Mr. Knapp figured out the problem right away and fixed it. I will be calling Knapp's again any time I have an appliance problem.
Small Appliance Repair Services in Portland
- Business Description:Welcome to Appliance Guys! We provide Parts and Repair Service for Appliances and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) Systems in Portland, Oregon. Service is available for Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Garbage Disposals, Furnaces, Stoves, Ranges, and Ovens. Service areas include Portland, Beaverton, Wilsonville, Tualatin, Lake Oswego, and Oregon CityRecent Review:I was very satisfied with their job.RALPH G.
- Business Description:Stellar Appliance Repair is a Portland, Oregon based business serving the greater metro area - Washington, Clackamas, Multnomah, and Yamhill counties. All services are provided by the owner Chris who has 15 years experience. Payment is expected at the time of repair completion, we offer senior and military discounts of 10%. Stellar is contractor for home warranty companies First American and Choice. We understand how everyone depends on their appliances and strive to fix them correctly the ..Recent Review:Wow - I've had other appliance repair folks in the past but Chris sets the bar extremely high! Our LG front load washer was leaking and he quickly diagnosed and repaired the problem leaving our 5 year old washer in like new condition. Extremely professional and courteous - we've found our appliance repair company and they have a customer for lifeTodd T.
- Business Description:Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLC is your best bet for quality appliance repairs in Portland. We offer appliance repair for fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, and more. We're licensed and insured for home appliance repair, and we have 14 years of experience in our industry. You can trust us for expert workmanship and professional customer serviceRecent Review:Ultimately, I needed to replace the oven because Knapp could not find parts for it. Fairly new Whirlpool oven, however had no model number on unit (homebuilder got a deal). Knapp made two visits with new parts, attempted to fix, then said they could not fix it. BUT, Knapp did not charge me for their time and labor. Zero. Pleasant surprise and quite honorable of them to do thisJim P.
- Business Description:Call Today 503-853-5784 My name is Ryan Sickles. Throughout my life I have been exposed to the appliance industry. My father has been working in the field for 50 years now and has personally trained me since I was young. I remember cleaning parts from torn up dryers that he was refurbishing since before I was 12. I entered the field when I was 19 beginning my apprenticeship. Being in and out of the field for the last 10 years, taking breaks to further my education in surrounding industrie..Recent Review:Ryan was very prompt in answering my call and came out very quickly. He tackled the dishwasher first and quickly diagnosed the problem as a broken filter. He pulled the broken part out and showed it to me - very clearly broken. We discussed options (he was very knowledgeable and forthright) and finally agreed that the entire unit should be replaced. He then gave me some suggestions on where we should go for that. Next, the tackled the oven. After extracting the oven from the wall and running some tests, he found that the fan just started working again. We again discussed options and decided to leave it for now. Ryan is really easy to work with and I will definitely be calling him again on my next appliance repairVanessa G.
- Business Description:Mike Usselman is the "Third Generation Owner" of Appliance City. As explained by The Hollywood Star News(July 2011), "It's all in the family at Appliance City. Three generations of Usselmans have owned & operated this unique store, located at 4046 NE Cully Blvd (www.appliancecity.info). We're talking about Mike Usselman (42) who took over the business from his father, Steve Usselman (61). Steve learned the ropes from his dad, Ed Usselman, who will turn 84 in August." "Started as Ed Usse..Recent Review:They were quick to respond to queries, and to service my washing machine.LARRY S.
- Business Description:Christensen Plumbing was established by Brad Christensen in 2006. Brad is a second generation plumber who has been helping his dad & uncle plumb since he was 10. With more than 20 years experience, we are locally owned and operated and look forward to serving you and your family with all your residential plumbing needsRecent Review:Christiansen Plumbing is great to work with. Brad is a contractor with integrity, which I appreciate. Brad and his sons installed two bathtubs and valves and set one soaking tub and installed the floor mounted faucet. The crew was on time and did quality work. I have used Christiansen plumbing a couple of times in the past and plan to continue using in the future for remodeling jobsTHOMAS B.
- Business Description:3 Mountains Plumbing is a full service plumbing company based in Portland, Oregon. Established in 2000, we have extensive experience in both service plumbing and custom remodeling. Our goal is to offer the best customer experience and to exceed your expectations on every job. We service all of Portland, and are close by Sherwood, Newberg, Tualatin, Lake Osewego, Tigard, Beaverton, and Hillsboro. We are open from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday thru Friday and on Saturday by appointment. We accept cash,..Recent Review:3 mountains plumbing replaced my sewer line last year, but failed to reconnect the storm drain. I had some flooding in my basement over the summer, and called them to look at it. They stated the flooding was not due to the sewer line work they did and tried to sell me on replacing another small drain. I had some massive flooding this fall and called them again. I had to insist they send out a project manager to look at the situation, and he was able to determine that it was indeed their mistake that was causing the flooding. They were able to make the repairs, but then I had to call the office multiple times to have the concrete work completed in the basement. I felt all of the stress and hassle could've been avoided if they had listened to me when I called them out about the flooding the first timeSmita T.
- Business Description:Get Free Estimates for your home improvement and repairs by calling longs handyman service. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Business Description:Large appliance repairRecent Review:Thanks for the great experience, all! We bought a top of the line oven and cooktop, with extra accessories. The sales staff was great, and so helpful. We didn't feel pressured by sales people, but got lots of information over course of several months, while trying to find solutions to some unique issues in our kitchen. Any other showroom might've tired of trying to help us, with our complex situation and countless phone calls, but Reigelmann's happily helped us all the way through, still giving us the lowest price anywhere. Delivery was professional, friendly and on time. Thanks, one and allM K.
- Business Description:Award winning. Cost is determined by the job. Additional contact name - Brian Johnston, Anthony Johnston. Local family owned.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful small appliance repair service articles
If your garbage disposal is jammed, you might not need to break out a big box of tools or contact a plumbing pro. While some garbage disposal problems might require doing so, others, like jams, can be easily handled by homeowners just like you.
If your garbage disposal leaks, smells bad, or gets clogged frequently, and you’ve looked for blockages, it might be beyond repair. This article presents six common problems and whether you should repair or replace your garbage disposal.
Find small appliance repair services in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
small appliance repair services in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & P Appliance12625 SW Broadway St
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- AAA Appliance Service Inc.6601 SE Foster Rd
- ABC Appliance Inc131 NW Couch St
- Advantage Appliance4610 NE 55th Cir
- Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning LLC1360 Tandem Ave NE
- All Tech Appliance Service7841 N Olympia St
- American Plumbing Services LP5623 SE Center St
- Appliance & Refrigeration Hospital3003 NE Alberta St
- Appliance City4046 NE Cully Blvd
- Appliance Guys IncPO Box 91130
- Appliance Renewal Service428 NW 1St Ave
- APPLIANCE WIZARDP.O.BOX 7061
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- APRIA HEALTHCARE EQUIPMENT12029 NE Glenn Widing Dr
- ARO Appliance Repair Inc.2314 SE 89th Ave
- Artisan Construction and FabricationPMB 117 2870 NE Hogan Dr Ste E
- ATS Appliance RepairPO Box 1460
- A & P Appliance
- B & L KIRBY SERVICE CENTER13765 SE MCLOUGHLIN BLVD
- B&Js Handyman Services Portland8520 SE Woodstock Blvd
- BEASON PLUMBING1701 BROADWAY ST STE 385
- BEAVERTON PLUMBING INC13980 SW TUALATIN VALLEY HWY
- Beaverton Supreme Appliance Repair2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #354
- Bui Electric9701 SE Johnson Creek Blvd O01
Happy Valley, Oregon
- Burlingame Radio & TV8433 SW Terwilliger Blvd
- B & L KIRBY SERVICE CENTER
- C & R Service Solutions LLC562 Lakeland Plaza Ste 156
- CASCADE ELECTRONICS1601 SE 11TH AVE
- Christensen Plumbing20319 NE 68th St
- Columbia Home ComfortPO Box 365
- Community Appliances12035 SE Stark St
- Crider Mechanical9131 SE Taggart St
- C & R Service Solutions LLC
- DAVE'S INTEGRITY HOME & GARDEN5720 SE HARNEY DR
- DAVE'S INTEGRITY HOME & GARDEN
- Garden Home Plumbing & Drain6725 SW Florence Ln
- Gaspro Inc5112 SE La Mesa Way
- GE Factory Service8100 NE Parkway Drive
- GE Factory Service20540 NW Evergreen Parkway
- GE Factory Service10365 & 10730 North Vancouver Way
- GRESHAM APPLIANCE21755 SE STARK ST
- Garden Home Plumbing & Drain
- HVAC & Appliance Repair Guys2 Jefferson Pkwy
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- HVAC & Appliance Repair Guys
- Insignia Construction553 se 3rd
- Insignia Construction
- JR Repair & PartsPO Box 8534
- JR Repair & Parts
- M P Plumbing Co15330 SE 82nd Dr
- Mark Everett Wilson Plumbing16529 SE Salmon St
- MIKE O'HARA SERVICE - EXCLUSIVELY BMW5020 NE Cully Blvd
- Mobile Man Services LLC729 nw cedar st
- Mr. Appliance of Gresham15724 N.E. Russell St.
- M P Plumbing Co
- Pacific Appliance Center11904 NE Halsey St.
- Pacific Crest Plumbing1810 SE 104th Ave
- Parr Lumber5630 NW Century Blvd
- PDX Appliance10432 SW 52nd Ave
- PDX Top Finishes LLC2870 NE Hogan Dr
- Portland Appliance Repair Specialists11918 SE Division St #393
- Portland Installs4273 SE Northridge
- Premier Appliance Services16320 Agnes Ave #2
Oregon City, Oregon
- Pacific Appliance Center
- Red Hills Custom Cabinets12721 NE Whitaker Way
- Refrigeration Heating Control18406Ne 209Th St
Battle Ground, Washington
- REIGELMANN'S APPLIANCES301 E POWELL BLVD
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- River Rock General Construction18625 sw alexander st
- RMO Handyman Services19315 SW Oak St
- ROSTER INTERIORS4243 SE ALDER ST
- Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services6990 S Anderson Rd
- Red Hills Custom Cabinets