Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2015

Knapp's Service & Appliance Repair LLC is your best bet for quality appliance repairs in Portland. We offer appliance repair for fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, and more. We're licensed and insured for home appliance repair, and we have 14 years of experience in our industry. You can trust

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

appliance repair (117)small appliance repair (5)

07/26/2022

Shibalik C.

Very well coordinated and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Cost $488.77

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

07/21/2022

TOM H.

Very well. Paul arrived on time. He figured it out right away. He had the parts and a clear explanation of the root cause. Great guy.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair gas dryer that would not run

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

02/04/2022

Robert L.

super service, reasonable rates, knew what they were doing and showed up when they said they would. My go-to in future.

Description of Work
appliance installations

Work Completed On 02/04/2022

05/31/2021

Jim P.

Ultimately, I needed to replace the oven because Knapp could not find parts for it. Fairly new Whirlpool oven, however had no model number on unit (homebuilder got a deal). Knapp made two visits with new parts, attempted to fix, then said they could not fix it. BUT, Knapp did not charge me for their time and labor. Zero. Pleasant surprise and quite honorable of them to do this.

Description of Work
Wall oven kept losing heat.

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

04/06/2021

Chris T.

Please read: Do not hire Knapp's for repairs on high end appliances. These are nice guys, they probably know how to work on most brands. But on high end brands they have less experience and they will wing it. My 6 burner stove now has only 3 functioning burners. They over-torqued one of the burner pipes and completely and snapped off the connecting gas line. Now I have to hire another company to do repair the damage Knapp's did.

Description of Work
Range Repair

Work Completed On 03/06/2021

We are sorry that you felt you had a bad experience. We appreciate your feedback, as this helps us grow and improve our business performance for our Customers. Thank you

02/07/2021

ROBERT S.

They found the leak right away, but after they left there was another leak, caused by another problem as well as no ice being produced. They had to come back a second time, but all is good.

Description of Work
Repair water leak and frozen line to ice maker in the refrigerator

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

12/22/2020

Kathleen A.

Well. Masked, efficient, explained well, cleaned up.

Description of Work
oven repair

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

11/04/2020

Jan C.

Perfect. They were on time, professional and cheery.

Description of Work
New coil in oven and install new garbage disposal

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

10/29/2020

Paul W.

While I ended up buying a new washer, they were very professional and gave me the info I needed to make a informed decision.

Description of Work
Washer repair

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/24/2020

susan Y.

Excellent -- came earlier than scheduled (which was fine!), diagnosed the problem, went to get the part and it was fixed...Even said our 20-year old dryer was better than all the new ones out there! Who knows if true or not, but VERY nice and thorough.

Description of Work
Dryer didn't heat

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/23/2020

Rick V.

Thorough assessment. Conscientious instruction. Problem solved. Excellent warranty.

Description of Work
Clothes washer repair

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/14/2020

Minda S.

The tech was very professional, did a diagnostic to quickly identify the issue and fixed a clogged washer filter that stopped water from draining. It was a simple repair that took less than 30 minutes to complete. He was also able to come in and do work safely - wearing mask, social distance and keeping the work area sanitized.

Description of Work
Repair a front loading washer that would not drain.

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

10/09/2020

CK T.

Highly recommended. Knapps had done excellent job fixing our Dryer, replace broken heating elements. He arrived on-time for appointment, did high quality repair work and with excellent customer service. We will hire Knapps again for other appliance repair.

Description of Work
Dryer - replace heating elements

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

10/05/2020

Jesse H.

The team was very responsive and communicated very well. Unfortunately the result of the diagnosis was that the appliance needed to be replaced and therefore no repair was completed. But the Knapp's team was very transparent and helpful through the process.

Description of Work
Diagnostic visit to see why microwave hood stopped working

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

07/26/2020

Lynne E.

The repairman said the dishwasher needs replacing. He adjusted the freezer door on the refrigerator and checked the condition of the standalone freezer. He was excellent.

Description of Work
Assess kitchen appliances

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

07/17/2020

Dorothy W.

I recently bought a house that had a new dishwasher improperly installed, and Mr. Knapp figured out the problem right away and fixed it. I will be calling Knapp's again any time I have an appliance problem.

Description of Work
Dishwasher reinstall.

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

07/09/2020

Judy B.

They could not come to my address no work done found someone on my own

Description of Work
refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

I'm sorry you weren't happy that you were politely told on the phone that your residence is about 40 miles outside of our service area. I don't understand how you can be upset at a company just because we don't service your area. Maybe in the future as our Company grows, we will service your area. Thank you

04/26/2020

Richard B.

Servies was good and he kept to the schedule. I wish it was a little cheaper, but the quality of the work was A+

Description of Work
Compressor in fridge went bad

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

04/26/2020

Jordi K.

Excellent was expedient and practiced safer precautions during this pandemic.

Description of Work
Fix washing machine

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

04/19/2020

Sylecia J.

They found out what the issue was, sadly it means getting a part or replacing the entire appliance. But at least we know now!

Description of Work
Dishwasher wouldn’t drain

Work Completed On 04/18/2020

02/11/2020

Glenn R.

Very happy with the results. Work was done quickly and an explanation of the problem was given and how to avoid it again.

Description of Work
Repair of the oven

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

01/24/2020

Desiree P.

Two trips required and not fully repaired due to damage. Done well enough to use burner.

Description of Work
Repair of gas stove burner

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

12/07/2019

TOM S.

Overall the service was excellent. Here are the details: My 16-year old Frigidaire garage freezer was still keeping food cold, but not freezing some of the food and the compressor blower stopped coming on. James answered within a few rings on my first call at 6:30PM on a Thursday. I told him my situation. He said he wanted to not hand it off to someone else because he was the refrigerant expert for them. Said he'd call back within 30 min. to set an appt. He called back on time and set an appt w/me the next day, giving me a 2-hour window. On the appt day, he arrived exactly at the start of the appt window, calling me first to let me know he was at my house. He listened to my experience w/the freezer, looked at it for a couple minutes and quickly diagnosed that I had either a blockage or leak in the cooling lines the wind throughout my racks which is why the top of the freezer was working, but not the bottom. After letting me know it would cost ~$450 to repair, he advised me to get a new freezer rather than pay for the costly repair. He felt that given the complexity and cost of the repair and the age of the freezer, I could get a brand new one for just about $100 more. So I took his advice and only paid the service call of $70 (less the Angie's List 10% discount). Turns out he was exactly right. I purchased a new freezer later that day – same brand, almost the same model, but with better features and for $540, or just about exactly what James predicted. I'd highly recommend James and Knapp for your appliance needs. He was quick communicated excellent, was on-time and courteous and gave solid advice. I feel he is someone you can trust.

Description of Work
Assess why garage freezer was not working 100%

Work Completed On 12/06/2019