Are ventless fireplaces safe? While they carry a risk of carbon monoxide, it can be mitigated if your fireplace is properly maintained. Learn the pros and cons of ventless fireplaces.
Get matched with top fireplace companies in Portland, OR
There are 82 highly-rated local fireplace companies.
Recent Fireplace Services Reviews in Portland
- BSC General Contractors IncThis is the second time I've hired BSC for a remodel project. They did such a splendid job of the first - a bathroom and kitchen remodel with new windows for the entire house, that I called them again with this new project. The did a great job once again, finished on time, paid attention to detail, solved some thorny problems and were most cordial throughout. They're a little pricey but well worth it and I trust Bryan, his son Ben and nephew Brian completely
- Matchbox Chimney SweepsThis is the best sweep business I've ever felt with. Hands down would not recommend anyone else. Punctuality, professionalism, explanation of service, and price are above expectation. He was very understanding today when I had maintenance done, I lost $20 of the cash out that I was going to pay for the service, ultimately I wrote a check for the other $20, but he was very understanding of the inconvenience that I provided for him. I am so embarrassed, but I'll get over it I guess. He worked well around my crazy family, and was very patient and kind. I was not able to find anyone to perform services within my budget, but when I found matchbox it was a blessing
- Design Doctors Construction LLCDesign Doctors' staff were always polite and professional. They did good, speedy work--making a very disruptive project considerably less disruptive than it could be. They checked up on our satisfaction weeks later, and took care of a problem that emerged (through no fault of their own) months later. This is a very good company, and a pleasure to work with
- Chimney Sweep SpecialistHad both flues repaired, one fire box rebuilt, flashing replaced, chimney cap repaired. Very professional and finished quickly.
- All Fuel Installation & ServiceWe selected All Fuel to install a Valor G4 natural gas unit we'd purchased in July 2020. After multiple bids, I noticed they alone didn't "up sell" me nor did their bid leave costs vague. From start to finish, this company was excellent. Following the installation of the gas line, their installation of the unit was efficient and exacting. The team stayed after installation to explain how the G4 was controlled. In Winter 20-21, when we noticed the unit caused the wooden mantle paint to blister, Joe and Eric Camp took the time to help me figure out via email the pros and cons of various solutions, even those that weren't going to require their services. They installed a blower in May 2021 to diffuse the unit's heat. Again, the timing, estimated costs and the coordination with an electrician were spot-on. We noticed they practiced COVID-19 precautions during their visits. Throughout all this, Melony, Kaytlyn & Sheri in their front office were pleasant, efficient, and followed-through. A 2017 Angi's reviewer stated All Fuel was the "...perfect model of a successfully run company." I'd add I wish that all home service companies ran like this one
- American Chimney & MasonryWe were told by 2 different gas fireplace companies that there was something blocking the vent. Dennis came out and checked it out. There was no blockage but there was a issue with the fireplace. He fixed it in no time. He was so professional and really worked through the issue to find the problem that I have paid other companies over $800 not to find the problem. I would call him again in a second if it were to go out again. Excellent company and excellent employee
- The Flues BrotherzThe service was awesome! He was on time, very nice and knowledgeable! They will be my go to company for all my wood burning needs!
- Refiners Fire ServicesExcellent company to work with. Scheduling was great, constant communication to keep me informed and address minor scheduling hiccups. They replaced the gas valve which I provided, they hooked up everything else to make the fireplace working again. Tech also painted the inside of the fireplace so it looks very clean and new'ish. They were very professional, friendly and came with PPE. Excellent work at a very good price of only $19
- The Flues BrotherzWell. Conveniently timed\. Expert workers. Before and after photos for owner who is not safe on roof.
- Tri Tech Heating IncWe were concerned that the switch or the pilot light or some other part may need to be replaced. The technician did a thorough inspection and determined that the fireplace pilot light and thermocouple simply needed to be cleaned. He did that and the fireplace now works perfectly . The technician, Jason, was very professional. He answered all our questions, explained clearly what he was doing and why and determined that several more expensive repair options were not needed
Fireplace Companies in Portland
- Business Description:Were a small family owned company with over 30 years experience. Will take the time to share the knowledge we have learned through out the years. We do everything from total rebuilds to minor repairs and sweeps. Anything brick or stone we can help design a project with our free estimates. We also do gas inserts and wood stove installation. A warm fire can set the mood and keep you warm when the power is out. Please call or email to set up a free consultationRecent Review:Good. On time efficient and communicated problems and future needs.SUE D.
- Business Description:Murphy's Fireplace & Stove Inc. was started in 2000 when Paul Sanders saw there was a need for a certified and fully trained chimney service company in the Willamette Valley area. Paul noted that while there were chimney services in the area, none were certified in the service they were performing. Chimney Safety Institute of America Certified That’s why all the chimney sweeps at Murphy's Fireplace & Stoves are certified by the CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) for chimney venting sy..Recent Review:Showed up at 9:40 for 9:40 appointment. Job took 30 min. 2 workers. Nathan answered all my questions about the job and related fireplace issues. Happy to report that he stated when he didn't know the answer in depth, but suggested what may be the source of effects. The job was done quickly, professionally and cleanly. Quoted a list of optional improvements (chimney cap, brick cleaning/seal) and repairs (cement flue cap replacement) that should be considered, but that they not a limitation to safe usage of the fireplace. I would hire againKirk B.
- Business Description:Specializing In Portland Chimney Repair & Services Lifetime Chimney provides un-surpassed chimney repairs, masonry, maintenance, chimney sweeping and every other chimney related service to the greater Portland area including Happy Valley, Oregon City & Clackamas. Our chimney craftsmanship is a step above the rest and we guarantee all of the repair & installation work that we do to your chimney. Our chimney services include but are not limited to the following: Tuck Pointing, Flashing, Crowns,..Recent Review:I was very satisfied with the services I received from Lifetime Chimney! The crew arrived on time, they were very professional, and they took the time to answer all my questions which I really appreciated. My home was treated with respect and left clean after the chimney sweep. Definitely money well spent. I have referred Lifetime Chimney to my family and friends with full confidenceREBEKA N.
- Business Description:The Flues Brotherz is a small, family owned and operated business. We are well known in our industry and in our community as well as our surrounding counties including Yamhill, Washington, Clackamas and Multnomah. We take great pride in our work and always strive to be the best in all we do. Being reliable, punctual and extremely flexible is something we are never short on. Choosing us makes you a part of our family and we can't wait to meet you.Recent Review:They are not great, they never showed up everyday to do the work the main part of the work was acceptable it was good, there were some place on my chimney that told me needs to repair but he did not. They left a lot of debris in my yard the outside of my chimney is dirty and is grey now the bricks are turning to grey instead of red, my grass are now dead all around in the chimney and I have called them and made 2 appointments for them to come and look at this but they didn't show up either come now they wont return my phone calls, nobody answer my calls and even call me backJanice B.
- Business Description:Chimcare Portland is family owned small business servicing our local community since 1989. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond the call of duty for each and every one of our customers. All of our employee's are pre-screened, drug free and provide top notch service! Our Employee's arrive in uniform and in marked vehicles. When you Choose our company you really choose the best Chimney Sweep and Chimney Repair Company that Angies List has to offer! We also specialize in fireplace instal..Recent Review:We requested an estimate to repair a hole left from the removal of a wood stove. Jake, an estimator from Chimcare, came on Sept. 8th. He was cordial, took photos of the project and stated that by evening, or the next day, someone would be emailing or calling ideas/product to help us decide the next step. It's now one month later. No one has contacted us either by email or phone. I have left three text messages and two phone calls on the number listed on his business card. I have also emailed Chimcare with no response. Nothing. Zero. I would expect a simple reply of some kind even if it were to say something like your job is too small, but having absolutely no response is unacceptableAL D.
- Business Description:Refiners Fire Services is owned and operated by Kevin Ryan, who has been servicing and installing fireplaces for over 20 years.. I service and install gas, propane, wood and electric fireplace, inserts and stoves (sorry I can no longer provide service to pellet units). I can also run gas line to outside BBQs and fire pits. I do are best to make sure your unit operates effectively and efficiently. Our motto is "if we don't fix it, you don't pay" and you never pay a "trip charge". My office man..Recent Review:Excellent company to work with. Scheduling was great, constant communication to keep me informed and address minor scheduling hiccups. They replaced the gas valve which I provided, they hooked up everything else to make the fireplace working again. Tech also painted the inside of the fireplace so it looks very clean and new'ish. They were very professional, friendly and came with PPE. Excellent work at a very good price of only $19Raj J.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Family business. Over 40 years of combined installation experience. Permits are always provided. Award winning.Recent Review:We selected All Fuel to install a Valor G4 natural gas unit we'd purchased in July 2020. After multiple bids, I noticed they alone didn't "up sell" me nor did their bid leave costs vague. From start to finish, this company was excellent. Following the installation of the gas line, their installation of the unit was efficient and exacting. The team stayed after installation to explain how the G4 was controlled. In Winter 20-21, when we noticed the unit caused the wooden mantle paint to blister, Joe and Eric Camp took the time to help me figure out via email the pros and cons of various solutions, even those that weren't going to require their services. They installed a blower in May 2021 to diffuse the unit's heat. Again, the timing, estimated costs and the coordination with an electrician were spot-on. We noticed they practiced COVID-19 precautions during their visits. Throughout all this, Melony, Kaytlyn & Sheri in their front office were pleasant, efficient, and followed-through. A 2017 Angi's reviewer stated All Fuel was the "...perfect model of a successfully run company." I'd add I wish that all home service companies ran like this oneJustin W.
- Business Description:Honke Heating and Air Conditioning Inc have been servicing Gresham and Portland area customers for over 40+ years. The employees of Honke Heating and Air Conditioning are the heart of the company, each one just as committed to customer service as the other which is why our mission is simply to provide, trust, integrity, quality brand equipment, experience, high tech knowledge and dependable service, indoor air quality and comfort to our residential and commercial customers. Our custom..Recent Review:The repairman replaced the compressor, wiring harness and recharged the refrigerant. His work involved pressure testing, checking voltage and 3 1/2 hours of labor. He arrived on time, was courteous and professional, and did excellent work. My AC has been working greatPatricia T.
- Business Description:If we wouldn't have them in our home, we wouldn't send them to yours" Owners, Bill & Kelsey Belden Evergreen Gas Heating & Cooling, established in 2003 provides residential and light commercial customers a variety of energy saving products and equipment. With customer satisfaction in mind, we offer home comfort solutions specializing in furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners, ductless mini-splits, duct design & installation, fireplaces, gas lines and more! We can help improve indoor air quali..Recent Review:Great!! Was on time, and everything was taken care of in an efficient manner.James C.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated HVAC company. We repair, service and install heating and cooling equipment for residences and light commercial buildings.
Deals in Portland for Fireplaces
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fireplace company articles
Gas fireplaces don’t emit the soothing scent of a campfire, so why not convert? Converting a gas fireplace into a wood-burning one is relatively simple and affordable.
Your fireplace can be more than just a vital source of warmth. With a few added details, it can become the focal point of any room. Here are five ideas for choosing the right fireplace stone for your home.
Find fireplace companies in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
fireplace companies in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Aladdin Heating & AC1924 SW 32nd St
- Aladdin Heating & AC
- A Better Carpenter LLC12935 SW Butner Rd
- A Better Chimney, LLC109 SE Alder St
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- A+ Fireplace ServicePO Box 463
- A-Temp Heating & Cooling Inc16000 SE Evelyn St
- ABC COOLING & HEATING1424 NE 195TH AVE
- Able Heating & Cooling LLC16285 SW 85th Ave Ste 105
- Absolute Comfort Heating and Cooling NW, Inc7431 SE Pleasant Home Rd
- Absolute Heating & Cooling Solutions LLC614 NE 105TH St
- ADDCO Electric Fireplaces6635 N Baltimore Ave #We schedule appts Mon-Sat, CALL 800-555-0564
- Adobe Construction LLC5539 N VANCOUVER
- Advanced Construction & Repair LLC14758 SW 79th Ave
- Advantage Air Duct Cleaning3098 Duck Horn Dr
- Advantage Heating & Air Conditioning LLC1360 Tandem Ave NE
- Aesthetic Environments6986 SE Drake Street
- Aesthetic Tile Imaging17739 Deemar Way
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- AFC Inc16312 SE Stephens Street
- AFFINITY HOME & DESIGN13410 SE Pheasant
- Air Stars Heating & Cooling 3816 River Rd. N
- ALBATROSS HEATING & AIR CONDITIONINGP O BOX 2947
Battle Ground, Washington
- ALEX FREDDI CONSTRUCTION LLC9753 SW Appaloosa Pl
- Align Design7226 Woodcrest Ct N
- ALL NATURES CONSTRUCTION, INC7500 NE 299th St.
Battle Ground, Washington
- ALL PRO PAINTING CO1421 SE EASTWOOD CT
- ALL SERVICE PAINTINGPO BOX 90666
- ALL-WAYS WARM STOVES AND FIREPLACES324 SE 82ND AVE
- AM/PM Heating & Cooling10515 NE 81st St.
- American Chimney & Masonry3614 NE 50th Ave
- American Contracting Inc.PO Box 19083
- American Marble & Granite1900 SE 8th Ave
- Anchor Gas Fireplace16265 SW Wilsonville Rd
- Anctil Heating and Cooling2150 N Lewis Ave
- AREA HEATING & COOLING INC2721 NE 65TH AVE
- Art & Precision9306 NE 93rd Circle
- Artistic D-Zine Construction Inc. 19379 Meyers Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Artistic Stone Design IncPO Box 801
- Avos Inc - Wrought Iron Engineering IronWork5822 NE 109th Ave
- A Better Carpenter LLC
- B & B Masonry2181 SE Celebration Ct
- B&Js Handyman Services Portland8520 SE Woodstock Blvd
- Baker Masonry Llc18750 S Schuebel Ln
- Baseline Granite & Marble LLC2131 SE 190th Avenue
- Beautiful InteriorsPO Box 871626
- Best In Concrete Services8821 N Peninsular Ave
- Birdsmouth Construction LLC1633 SE 55th
- Blairco Inc7609 MacArthur Blvd
- Breunig Construction Inc.14360 SE Haze Ct.
- Bridgetown Chimney and Masonry LLC1700 N Lombard St
- Brite Mechanical3015 16th St SW Apt 333
Minot, North Dakota
- BROWN BROS MASONRY16358 S Bradley Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- BSC General Contractors Inc3836 NE Skidmore St.
- Buck's Stove Palace6803 SE Foster Rd
- BURNING BUSH CHIMNEY SERVICE350 SW 7TH ST
- B & B Masonry
- C & K Custom Remodeling3560 NE 120th Ave
- C J Hansen Co Inc3552 Silverton Road NE
- Capital City Stove2118 Pacific Ave SE
- CARRANZA MARBLE & GRANITE3799 Naef Rd Ste 6
- Cascade Landscape & Design Inc3015 NE 141st Ave
- Cascadia Plumbing LLC455 SW 18th St
- CEDAR RIDGE HOMES1905 SW 257TH AVE
- Central Air Inc8849 SE Jannsen Rd
- Chandler Building Co13930 SW Rawhide Ct
- Chase Tile LLC666 SE 18th Lane
- Chimcare1161 NW Overton St
- Chimney Sweep Specialist3724 SW Evelyn St
- Christensen Masonry Restoration8550 SW Stratford Ct
- Classico Marmo1320 SE 8th Ave
- Cliff Townsend Masonry Inc18861 Allegheny Dr
Oregon City, Oregon
- Columbia County Habitat for Humaniy ReStore164 Little Street
Saint Helens, Oregon
- Columbia Heating & Cooling Inc16285 SW 85th Ave Ste 307
- Columbia Home ComfortPO Box 365
- Columbia NW Heating & Cooling Inc52734 NE First St
- Columbia River Tile & Stone Inc8171 SE Cypress Ave
- Columbia Valley Construction3311 NE 136th Way
- Commercial Services MN IncPO BOX 5877
- CONCRETE ALTERNATIVES7194 SW 156TH ST
- CONRAD STONECUTTER1807 SE 7TH AVE
- Contemporary Stone & Tile LLC20559 S Leland Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Converging Creeks LLC22745 S Bonney Rd
- CORNERSTONE HARDSCAPES8700 SW YAKIMA CT
- Cornerstone NW LLCPO Box 1264
- CORNERSTONE TILE & MARBLE LLC9701 NE 104th Str.
- COST PLUS HEATING & AIR7132 N FESSENDEN ST
- Coulee Concrete Designs LLC3308 SE 50th Ave
- Cravenho Construction & Building1420 McDonald St NE
- Creative Tile and Remodel LLC18928 SW Heightview Ct
- Crino Custom Homes L.L.C.4888 NW Bethany Blvd K5 #314
- Crowley's Granite Concepts, Inc.10100 SW Herman Rd
- Custom Concrete Construction4510 SW Poplar Ln
- Custom Stove Installations LLC21707 NE 159th St
Brush Prairie, Washington
- C & K Custom Remodeling
- Dale's Remodeling5514 Commercial St SE
- Dan's Top Notch Heating & Cooling594 C St
- David Green Construction LLC161 NW Adams Ave
- David Snegireff4251 Webb Ave NE
- de la tierra, inc.2312 NW 30TH AVE
- DENALI CONSTRUCTION5945 SW Arrow Wood Ln
- Denham Construction Inc15365 SW 141st Ave
- Done Right Heating24512 NE 132nd Ave
Battle Ground, Washington
- DOROTHY TESTER SALES17390 SW 63RD AVE
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Double J Construction IncPO Box 2213
Oregon City, Oregon
- Dale's Remodeling