The typical cost for mold remediation is $1,125 to $3,345
Matching on Angi
Reviews of Mold Remediation Near You
Mold Removal Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Mold Removal project in Ashburn, VA
Deals from Mold Removal Companies Nearby
Similar to Mold Removal
Mold inside our homes is serious and dangerous business. Black mold is potentially toxic. Mold remediation is the only safe, reliable way to deal with a mold issue in a home or business.
What is Mold Remediation?
Because of the many varieties of mold and the possible toxic effects, mold remediation is usually handled by specialists. Black mold is the most serious challenge and requires a high-quality, careful treatment plan.
If you can see mold, you need not spend money on mold testing. The remediation company will either remove every moldy surface or treat the surface to destroy the mold. Most companies also treat the remaining surfaces with a preventive spray so airborne mold spores do not propagate.
How Much Does Mold Removal Cost?
According to industry experts, one small job might cost as little as $500 while a major remediation project could run up to $30,000.
Mold in attics and ducts drive the cost up; an unfinished basement is less expensive than removing mold from living spaces. A home that was flooded and harbors mold could be far more than $30,000.
Hiring Mold Remediation Near You
Never skimp on hiring qualified mold remediation companies. Use a trusted reference like the above nearby List to find local, licensed services. These trained experts use industrial equipment and cleaning supplies to completely eradicate mold in your home or business. Focus on the pros with the best grades and ratings. Read some of their reviews before contacting them. Get three quotes to compare prices.
What is The Mold Removal Process?
Please refer to the EPA for the full process. Here is the 9-step mold removal process you can expect:
- Fix the issue that caused the flooding or the leak.
- Section off or quarantine the mold damaged rooms. This could involve covering the doors and windows with plastic sheets.
- Mist the damaged areas for dust to prevent it from going airborne during the next phases.
- Remove and throw away all mold-covered materials in 6-mil plastic bags. There is a list with the EPA on what exact materials need to be removed for proper risk mitigation.
- Clean all surfaces with a wire brush, disposable wipes and then a follow up with several applications of a bleach solution with rags and a mop.
- All disposable wipes should be sealed in plastic bags. Throughout the process some of bags will need to be double wrapped. The bags can be thrown away into regular trash once sealed.
- Clean the room with a HEPA vacuum.
- Dry the area with a large industrial fan.
- Double check for moisture or any remaining mold. The removed pieces of wall, window frames, etc. can now be rebuilt using fresh materials.
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Mold Removal Company Articles
A professional indoor air quality test costs between $280 to $560
Mold inspection can cost as little as $150 or as much as $2,660