Stay Dry Waterproofing - Columbus

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2018

Our team at Stay Dry Waterproofing has over 20 years of experience protecting homes in Columbus. Our team of experts has experience transforming any damp, musty, and wet basement into a comfortable dry living space. We use only tested products that are guaranteed to keep your home safe. Whether you have noticed water, mold, or musty odors emitting from your basement or crawl space, we can help. Stay Dry Waterproofing is Central Ohio's leader in Basement repair and drainage needs. Everything from Basement Waterproofing, Mold Remediation, Foundation Crack and Bowed Wall Repairs, Yard Drainage, and Crawlspace Encapsulation. Life time warranties, Free Estimates and zero percent financing options....

A Service Provider's profile image

+12 more images

basement waterproofing (30)foundation repair (15)mold removal (12)asbestos removal (3)structural engineering (2)water damage restoration (1)drain pipe installation (8)plumbers (5)basement remodeling (1)

06/22/2022

DEVON S.

I hired this company back in April to install a floor drain system and it is still not adequately done. They did not install the sump pump system in correctly and ruined the laundry sink. The first time they came they did not finish the 3 day job until almost a full 3 weeks later. They were nonresponsive and highly unprofessional. Their team had to come back to fix the job and I AM STILL WAITING ON THE COMPANY TO FINISH THE JOB CORRECTLY AND ITS ALMOST JULY. Save yourselves the trouble, this company does not care about their customers.

Description of Work
BASEMENT WATERPROOFING

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

04/24/2022

Earl J.

We had several companies out to our home and very happy with our decision. Honest and didnt try and over charge us like the other companies. They took care of our mold for free.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/23/2022

[Member Name Removed] thank you for the kind review

12/29/2020

Colleen N.

Stay Dry was great. On time, very courteous and professional. In fact, the job got completed earlier than what they thought. It was schedule for the end of January and they called and were able to reschedule it to December 22nd.

Description of Work
Fix washed away concrete block after water leak damage

Category water damage restoration

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

12/18/2020

Robin S.

In all of the 24 years that we've lived in our home, our sump pump never kicked on. We just assumed that it was because it didn't have to because our property is on a hill, but it turns out that it was rusted solid. Also, the water pipes from the downspouts on the west side of the house to the street were clogged with soil and/or roots, and were not draining rain water underground to the street's gutter efficiently, so in a heavy downpour, the excess water was seeping through the concrete blocks of our foundation on that side of the house. Luckily, we discovered water on the floor in our basement before it got to be a major problem, and we scheduled a crew from Stay Dry Waterproofing to install a new sump pump and all new PVC pipes underground. They showed up on Monday morning as promised, and spent several hours tunneling under the mulch beds next to our house and down the hill, and then UNDER the sidewalk to the gutter. They did a good job by returning the top soil dirt back into the trench and the sod back in place. They did poke a small hole in the plastic window well cover with a shovel, but it's no big deal (we sealed it with duct tape, and big flowerpots will cover it in the summer). Joe Basham was very polite & friendly, and he and his crew did an excellent job!

Description of Work
We needed a new sump pump & PVC pipes installed underground.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Review for Stay Dry Waterproofing - Columbus - 20 S 3rd St, Columbus, OH - 39093843

07/24/2020

Matthew G.

I reached out to Stay Dry Waterproofing for a quote on waterproofing my basement. They told me (as did other companies) that I needed to put a gutter system in my basement to alleviate pressure on the foundation and prevent future water damage. The sales team and inspector were very knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt when answering my requests. I did not go with this company because the price to do the work was almost double what the other two companies quoted me. This is also why I am giving them a "C'" rating.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

07/06/2020

Eileen T.

The entire experience was seamless. From the estimate by the owner Mark Minton, to the completion of the work by Nate and his crew. Nate answered all questions thoroughly and the job was finished on time with no disruption to my normal routine.

Description of Work
I recently had a wall rebuilt and supports installed for other basement walls.

Category structural engineer, asbestos removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Thank you for trusting us with this very large project!

06/21/2020

Jerry H.

I am pleased with my experience and recommend

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

06/21/2020

Peter M.

I couldn’t be any happier. From start to finish the experience was great. We had other companies out and the decision was clear. I am very happy with how honest and professional this company is.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Kevin E.

This company has replaced my sump pump, installed a driveway grate and replaced the main service lines. They have done good work, comes with a warranty, and prices were very fair. Good value for the money, owner runs a great business with knowledgeable employees. They are fast and clean with all their work! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Driveway grate, sump pump, service line replaced

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Randy F.

It was exceptionally done. They explained everything they were going to do and made sure i knew what was going to happen. They worked fast and were extremely professional

Description of Work
Basement let water in.

Category basement waterproofing, asbestos removal

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

adam P.

Mark and his company were very professional, the crew knocked out the job in one day and the foreman kept me updated the whole way! Would highly recommend this company to anyone that needs work done!

Description of Work
Yard drainage

Category drain pipe, structural engineer, asbestos removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

04/02/2020

Meaghan B.

Same day, complimentary quote and crew showed up the next morning. Professional, punctual and cleaned everything up afterward. Saved my basement!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

01/04/2020

Phil M.

Several companies viewed my home and it was stressful. Stay dry made it laid back, didn’t pressure us and we made the right choice. I am happy and thankful for a dry basement and the approach they made. Thank you

Description of Work
Repair and waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

01/03/2020

Karen H.

It id not go. They did call and scheduled an appointment but never showed up and never called to apologive and/or reschedule. Not professional at all. Sent them an email saying the same and still did not hear back.

Description of Work
Wanted an estimate on leak in family room.

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

I will have someone contact you immediately

12/06/2019

Marnie S.

Crew did an excellent job. They arrived on time (if not a little early) and worked hard digging outside to get to the area of the foundation that needed repair to a couple of small cracks. They did identify the main source of water intrusion around the window area and made sure they fixed it properly. They waterproofed the window area and a large section of the exposed foundation to make sure they had maximum coverage to stop any water intrusion. Haven't had any problems since then.

Description of Work
Waterproof Outside Foundation

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

09/18/2019

Eric H.

These guys are pros. They were in and out quickly, but were very effective and meticulous in their work. They kept me informed the entire time, and walked the project with me each day to discuss issues. We are very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and mold removal

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, mold removal, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you trusted us to earn your business

09/18/2019

Randy F.

It was excellent. They explained everyrhing to understanding. Gave a time table of how it would go anf followed through

Description of Work
A little waterproofing and some foundatuon repair work

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

09/17/2019

Maria S.

While here they asked to see my basement where the water damage was. They stressed how the source of the water was due to a cracked foundation, there were two technicians here including the owner. He went on to say how my basement was one of the worst he had ever seen, and how this was a major, major issue. It was definately my foundation and it would need to be pushed back into place and braced. Our basement is finished, so this would require the entire wall where cabinets, bathroom shower etc are located to be completely ripped off in order to do this. Quoted me $ 22k just for the foundation work, not including the putting back together. Basically tried to scare me into it, mentioning how severe it was. - It had not rained in Columbus in weeks, yet my water in the basement kept increasing. Called yet another company for an estimate, and it was discovered that my leak was an inside copper pipe, at a joint. The water was not coming from my foundation, but the pipe, this other company removed the drywall to check the foundation, my foundation was perfectly dry. No dampness at all. I am writing this review to warn others on Stay Dry Waterproofing attempt to basically rip me off. ***Update*** This is in response to my previous review with Stay Dry Waterproofing. They still claim that there is something wrong with my foundation, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Had three other reputable companies look at it and they all said the same. There is not issue with it. The basement was finished, due to copper pipe leak the drywall was removed on the wall they claimed had a foundation issue. Foundation was not wet, nor did it have mold, nor did it have a bow. It is in excellent condition. Had Mammoth Restoration due the cleaning and restoration, they are reputable and do excellent work. I would stay clear of Stay Dry, the owner claimed my house was the worst he had ever seen with water damage. Trying to use scare tactics. I would discourage anyone from using them.

Description of Work
I contacted Stay Dry Waterproofing for an estimate on replacing outdoor drain system due to some pipes that were crushed by tree roots, which I had previously checked by someone else via camera.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

This review isnt telling the entire story. If anyone wants photos please feel free to ask. This house has a bowed wall that can be seen from the exterior (it can be seen from 25 ft away). She had a massive amount of water on the floors inside of her basement (I did say as dry as it is this makes no sense). I did NOT quote her to Waterproof her basement I simple quoted her to push back the damaged wall (yes the wall is still bowed, we never for a moment quoted her to waterproof her basement), and to remediate the massive mold issue she has. The mold issue she has is a 10 on a scale of 1-10 (ask for photos and be prepared to be entertained) and that’s it. It’s great news the leak was from a pipe, but that doesn’t take away the fact you have a failed foundation wall, and a major mold issue. Good luck

09/02/2019

Heather G.

The team from Stay Dry was very professional. They were informative and transparent when describing what the work would entail and sent me pictures and updates throughout the day. They went out of their way to provide a thorough service. It is hard to know who to trust when having mold remediated because the levels of training and expertise are very different across companies. They are skilled and they care about the quality of their work and customer service. I will hire them again for the next project.

Description of Work
mold remediation behind several walls in my house

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

08/15/2019

Melissa B.

I couldn’t have asked for a better customer experience. Mark and his team came through for us in a big way. They were professional, extremely knowledgeable, and made us feel like we were the only customer - rarely do you have something go according to plan and completed on time. Stay Dry Waterproofing kept us updated on progress the whole time and completed the work way before we ever thought it could be done. I will be recommending this company to any friends who have water drainage/ foundational issues, whether it’s their primary residence or real estate investment property!

Description of Work
Repair/replace of foundation wall

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review :-)

07/19/2019

Tom H.

I was extremely pleased with the sales approach, project process and follow up. I highly recommend

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thanks for the kind review

06/03/2019

Mel C.

Stay Dry Waterproofing did some crawlspace work for me. Some of the interior walls were separating from the ceiling, due to a soil expansion problem, so they installed foundation support beams which fixed the problem. They also cleaned/fumagated the crawlspace because they found some fungus/mold. Lastly, they installed an interior perimeter drain system that they connected to the existing waterpump basin. I am absolutely satisfied with all the work! The crew did a great job! I spoke to the crew lead a couple times during the project and he took the time to explain, in detail, everything they were doing and how it was going...he was very informative. It made me confident they were on top of things. Mark Menton (Company President) did the initial inspection which led to work being done. He took photos to show his findings and went over everything in detail and provided me with different options to solve the issues. He was easy to work with and a true professional. After we agreed on the best approach to address the problems he provided an itemized cost list for the project. The cost was very reasonable and very competitive to other estimates I had done. I went with Stay Dry Waterproofing because of their high ratings on their reviews and Mark's professionalism...I'm glad I did. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Foundation supports, fungus/mold removal, interior perimeter drainage system.

Work Completed On 04/30/2019