It costs anywhere from $2,000 to $9,500 to hire an architect to plan your home or addition
Residential Architect Reviews Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Architects project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Architects
How much do architects near me cost?
Most architects charge an average of $5,100 to oversee a project. Depending on the scope of work and the responsibilities they will have to carry out, homeowners spend between $2,000 and $8,200.
Architects may charge by the hour or a fixed percentage of the total cost of the project. Hourly rates vary between $60 to $120, while percentage rates of the project vary between 5-20%.
Most of the work the architect carries out is drawing up designs, providing advice on building codes, and helping select contractors for the project. In some cases, architects charge by square footage. This cost is often between $0.75 to $3.50 per square foot of the area being designed.
Why should I hire an architect near me?
Hiring an architect can benefit you in multiple ways:
- Architects can bring your specific design preferences to life.
- They also provide critical advice regarding building regulations, contractors and modern design trends.
- Architects can suggest innovative remodel or renovation plans.
- Architects can play an important role if you’re planning a remodeling project, renovation. If you're building a new home, the services of an architect near you will be key.
There are several important questions you can ask an architect before you hire them. There are other factors to consider too before hiring an architect near you:
- Contact three pros for a good average price.
- Ask for a portfolio of their previous work.
- Read online reviews, ratings and grades.
- Request customer recommendations.
- Use your judgment to determine if you can develop a positive working relationship.
- Try to find architects who are approachable and open to communication.
- It’s important to know what architect services involve as well as the associated cost.
- Is your architect a member of The American Institute of Architects?
- Using an architect to design a add-on to a historic building? Check GSA.gov's Architecture & Government page.
Hopefully these tips will make it easier for you to find the best professional for your upcoming project. If not, check out more resources: