AMRO Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2016

Remodeling company serving Northern Virginia. Taking the step of remodeling your home involves a significant commitment of time and money. Rather than attempting to undertake such an endeavor on your own, let Amro Construction help you! We are experienced in interior painting, exterior painting, pressure washing, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, and applying epoxy coating. We are one of the premier remodeling contractor businesses in Northern Virginia, and we are here to help you with your commercial or residential remodeling project....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile image

+36 more images

interior painting (30)woodworking (16)drywall (12)house painting (9)tile installation (6)home remodeling (5)handyman (5)flooring (3)epoxy flooring (2)patio enclosures (2)closet design (2)general contractors (2)

06/24/2022

Todd H.

AMRO did a superb job. Andrei and his crews did an outstanding job on our kitchen, master bathroom, and hall bathroom. He keeps a close eye on quality and ensures his customers are satisfied with the results. They show up on time and work hard. It wasn't uncommon for them to work more than 8-hours per day to stay on schedule, and sometimes even skipped lunch breaks. If you want quality work at a fair price, give Andrei a call. He won't disappoint. Write Review

Description of Work
Kitchen, Master Bathroom, and Hall Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

04/24/2019

Russell H.

Andrei and his team did an outstanding job installing a new basement bathroom in our home. They paid close attention to detail and were very professional answering all of our questions and providing suggestions during the process. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Basement Bathroom

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

04/16/2018

Alyssa S.

Amro Constriction was a pleasure to contract work from. They were timely, polite, and provided extremely fair, affordable prices for their services. I was very impressed and would use their services anytime.

Description of Work
Flooring Installation

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

12/05/2017

Arezo W.

The process was amazing and efficient. All of the work was completed within a few days and we were so happy with the results! We'll definitely be using AMRO construct for more painting and remodeling needs including newly stained hardwood floors and banister rails.

Description of Work
My husband and I recently purchased a new home that needed some updates and we consulted Amro construction for our needs. Andre was super helpful and was extremely thorough and detailed in his estimate and notes prior to beginning any work. We were able to show him areas that needed to be painted including a 20 foot foyer and living room, all kitchen cabinets, children's bedroom, master bedroom and 2 bathrooms. We also had wood panels replaced on our deck as well as backsplash tile placed in the kitchen. The best part is we were able to be a part of every aspect including choosing our paint colors, tile design, and even grout color for the kitchen tile.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

12/01/2017

Jeffrey D.

Andrei and his teams at AMRO were thorough, fast, knowledgeable, and kind. We were impressed with their expertise all around. We Highly recommend for any painting and construction jobs! Thanks Andrei!

Description of Work
AMRO Construction is amazing. We recently purchased a home (May 2017) in need of small structural repairs and complete ceiling repair and painting and wall repainting. The kitchen ceilings were cracked and the ceiling in the lower level was bowed and cracked. We also had them return in November 2017 to paint, seal, stain the new decks and outside foundation.

Category closet systems, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

11/30/2017

Rocky S.

Arrive on schedule, did excellent work and worked with me on the schedule. Fair price.

Description of Work
Redo front porch: fix rot, seal and paint Clean and paint well walk out Install new back exterior door Fixed well walk out threshold

Category remodeling, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

11/30/2017

Angela O.

From start to finish AMRO Construction was by far the most professional, respectful, honest and forthcoming with regard to the scope of work needed to restore my kitchen, the time it would take to perform the work, and the cost involved. I personally interviewed two other contractors and decided to hire AMRO above them all. All matters pertaining to this job we’re handeled swiftly, with integrity and to my complete satisfaction. I am also impressed with the way Andrei cares for his crew as well as his customers. This is a rare quality demonstrated these days. I can honestly highly recommend this company and will definitely use them in the future. It’s a relief to know I have someone there that I can trust when I need them!

Description of Work
Our kitchen was flooded due to a valve malfunction in our dishwasher. We came home from vacation to a disaster. We needed new cabinets, new flooring, paint and installation of granite, tile, and hardwood. It was close to $30,000 in damages.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

11/29/2017

L B.

Andrei and his team were outstanding! He came out the very day I called, to give me an estimate. Once we agreed on price and needed work, he and his team showed up on time and got the job done. Very professional, and the finished product looks fantastic! I will use them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I hired this company to repair and paint the trim on my house, as well as install decorative hardware on my shutters.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

11/29/2017

Joanne W.

AMRO Construction is my "go-to" contractor for painting and drywall repair. I have hired AMRO for three separate jobs and they are consistently professional, neat, punctual and easy to work with. The owner always goes the extra mile to ensure I'm happy with the workmanship. I highly recommend AMRO.

Description of Work
Drywall repair, nail pop repair and painting

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

09/21/2017

Sandra N.

Everything came out beautifully. He is the contractor you are looking for, trustworthy, honest and responsive. He truly wants you to be happy and takes a lot pride in the quality of work his crew does. I have already recommended him to a friend, who was also very happy with the quality of work and the price paid. In addition I have also started another project with them to repair rotten wood around windows, cleaning gutters and installing gutter guards on the outside of the house. He will be our go to contractor for any more future projects.

Description of Work
I bought a very large older home that needed the old carpet and wood flooring removed and the installation of bamboo flooring. Stairs, railing and mantle refinished. Picture frame style molding installed. Installation of tile flooring in laundry room. Drywall repairs and painting of the entire inside of the house. Installation of a down draft cook top and pressure washing.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

Review for AMRO Construction - 20 Tolson Lane, Stafford, VA - 36625160

08/21/2017

Steve R.

Excellent job! Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Painting interior trim

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

07/17/2017

Meredith S.

Went very well. Showed up at time said they would, worked very hard. Got lots done and was impressed with quality of work. Would hire again. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

07/06/2017

Barbara D.

It was the worst experience I've ever had work half completed . This was a 8 hours painting deal and he didn't pay my ceilings nor the doors and trim and the bathroom was never done so for 8 hours he painted the walls to the bedroom and hallway and baseboards that it . Very unhappy and no resolution with angie about the situation.

Description of Work
Painting one bedroom one bathroom and hallway

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

This is the reason why I have stopped the sales with the Angie's list. The homeowner wanted me to paint a master bedroom, master bathroom, hallway and a two story foyer in 4 hours with two painters/8 hours with one painter. I have explained the homeowner that this is a lot to do in that amount of time. I have personally went to the store, used my contractor's pricing got the paint while my painters were there working. After I came back, the customer was complaining that she wants the ceilings, the trim package and the doors also painted. I have said that that is impossible and if she wants everything to be done, there will be an extra charge. We have moved all the furnitures, have done the drywall point up and painted the walls two coats. Because the misunderstanding, I have told the homeowner that I will keep my painters for the rest of the day to complete as more as we could. After I have offered an extra 8 hours out of my pocket just to help the customer out, I receive an F... This is totally unfair. I don't know what other company could do all that area in such short time and with $250... This covers a bit more than half of my labor cost. Not to mention the plastic, tape, sparkle, etc. Please disregard this review. My company does not reflect any of this nonsense that happens right here. I am very unhappy with this system. I have just quit the offers.

07/05/2017

Jane B.

They did an excellent job. Very professional, fast, great quality. We took advantage of an Angie's List special, so not only was the job well done but we got a great value. Would highly recommend this company for anyone needing a drywall repair.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall approx. 2 ft x 10 ft .

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/05/2017

06/25/2017

Maximino R.

2 workers arrived late and then had to go to Home Depot for materials they did not have. They did a good job on the door frame but it took longer than it should've have. And they left a large spot of white paint on my lawn, I assume they dropped the paint can. My only complaint is that I paid for 4 hours of labor and the job took about 1.5 - 2 hours to complete. The workers took one hour getting materials and then wasted most of the last hour before they asked if they could leave early to get lunch. The window sill never got fixed. This is the owner's response to my request that his workers come back to fix the window sill: "......Now towards the extra trip for the Home Depot, that is on me, no worries. Please understand that after we take the extra trip we get left with more than two hours per each person. That equals more than 4 labor hours for both of my crew. The $199 is for 4 labor hours only. We would be glad to help you out with any additional work. That would be a separate price. Other companies charge the homeowners from the time the crew shows up till they leave including any trips to get the supplies. I am a person of common sense and I don't like to do that........"

Description of Work
Fix wood rot on door frame and on window sill.

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

06/02/2017

Joanne W.

This was my second time hiring Amro Construction and once again I was very pleased with the professionalism and quality workmanship provided. This job was a very tedious, and time consuming job requiring meticulous attention to detail and the Amro Construction team did an outstanding job. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Stair railings painted and stained

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

Review for AMRO Construction - 20 Tolson Lane, Stafford, VA - 35175985

05/23/2017

Liana O.

They're wonderful, and very customer centered. They're very conscientious to the customers needs. The price was fair and they did great work for us. They were also very easy to contact. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
They prepped and painted a 3 car garage, including walls and ceiling. Also, they did a lot of handyman work inside the home from hanging paintings, to installing bathroom fixtures.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

05/18/2017

Yetta L.

Andre's crew did a great job. The two men that came on the first and second day to install the wainscoting are exceptional!! The paint crew consisted of4. I have recommended Andrei to friends and will definitely hire Amro Construction for other projects.

Description of Work
Wainscoting and painting.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

05/16/2017

Marshall G.

Professional and efficient crew. Very please with the service and will definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Painting of Stairwell and Bathroom

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

Thank you very much sir. I am pleased to know that we have meet/exceed your expectations. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future projects!

05/03/2017

Rebecca B.

Excellent work, exactly as requested - looks great!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

04/10/2017

Deborah D.

Not good. They said they couldn't build boxes around the posts; they would have to be completely replaced. I had sent pictures of the exact same work a co-worker had done in his own home. So I know building boxes around the posts can be done. They said the 5 hours purchased in the Angie's List deal wouldn't be enough time for 2 carpenters. When I asked how much longer I could never get a number. I also couldn't get an estimate of how much additionally from the deal we were looking to pay. Communication was only through emails every couple of days or so. They never even made an attempt to come look at where I wanted the work done. I finally got sick of the back and forth emails and never getting a straight answer on how much the job would cost so I cancelled the whole thing. I'll do it myself with a bit of help from Pinterest and advice from my co-worker. 1st 2 pictures are what I have which was very similar to what my co-worker had. Last pic is my co-workers finished job which was what I wanted.

Description of Work
I wanted to have the spindles in my stairs replaced and I wanted boxes built around the stairs posts.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

Review for AMRO Construction - 20 Tolson Lane, Stafford, VA - 34826201

The project was never completed. The client have canceled it before the scheduled date. I am in contact with the customer to fix this issue. I need to apologize if my explanations were not as clear as I have expected. The work was scheduled on the April 10 and the emails were going back and forth in order to get to the best cost effective and quality job. I would like to have the chance to complete the job and show the customer the final product. I would than expect to get a review. Thank you.

04/03/2017

Heather W.

They did not finish the job that they said they would do, they left early, and I ended up having to finish the work myself. This is not what I had originally been agreed-upon. They also waited until I needed to step out for a while before they decided to leave early. That is very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Painting was done to the interior of our home but left incomplete.

Work Completed On 03/23/2017