A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Roanoke, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Roanoke
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCI called on a Tuesday and spoke with Nancy. After explaining my problem, she had Paul Boston call me to discuss further before scheduling the cleaning. He called within a few minutes. After our discussion, we determined that the tank did need to be pumped, so I called Nancy back and it was scheduled for the next afternoon. Jimmy arrived the next afternoon to do the pumping. He definitely knew what he was doing and answered all my questions cheerfully. He was very friendly and courteous. I will use them in the future
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCVery well. Affordable coordinated with the city on installation of a sewer tap and handled all aspects of disconnecting the septic system and installing a new sewer line. Work was done quickly and professionally.
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCThere's nothing like walking in your back yard and seeing a pool of septic juice. After a quick tank pump out, we were told that our system had failed (it was nearly 70 years old). I was given the Affordable Septic name by a friend who had spoken with them in the past. Not having a clue what I'd be walking into, I gave them a call and asked for their advice. From the start, Ken walked us through the complicated process of replacing most of our system. He advocated for us with the local government and health dept., took care of permits, dug perk test holes, pumped our tank twice, and arranged 3rd party work to bore under a creek near our home. He and Paul took the time to explain each step as we went along and often went above and beyond the base contract to insure we got a top notch system. From start of work to the finish was right at 6 days. Much quicker than anticipated and the system is working great! I can not recommend them highly enough. True professionals
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCEric called to arrange a convenient time, actually called to explain a delay, did his job, and provided a discount to an Angie member. This doesn't sound exceptional but in this type of service job, it is.
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCI called Ken on a Thursday and he had Eric out on Friday morning pumping out our Septic tank. Eric was very friendly and courteous. We will definitely call them again next time we need our tank pumped out and will recommend them to our friends and family.
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCWas very impressed with the entire experience. I did not even know the location of our tank. He found it in 5 minutes and had to dig down to it about 3 feet. Very helpful and knowledgeable. No reason to call anyone else.
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCCalled on Thursday hoping for a Friday appointment (I was free that day). Said it was no problem and scheduled a time. Called before they arrived (early!) and completed the work in a timely manner. They took time to answer all my questions. I will definitely use them again.
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCThe inspector was very friendly and knowledgeable, he did not try to rip me off with services I didn't need. He also provided me with tips on how to maintain and care for my first septic tank, which I really appreciated.
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCAffordable Septic is a class act. The owners walk you through the process, let you know what the timing will be, etc. In my case, they were dealing with an old drain field that was created using sub-par material, so I spent more than I wanted to. Not their fault. They could have easily used what was there, but instead they had an honest conversation with me and worked with me to stay reasonable on price
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCCourteous, knowledgeable and capable folks. Found that system was working very well. That is remarkable since it had not been pumped out since it was new in 1978. Closed it up and said it should be good for another 30 years. Job done and no surprises.
Last update on April 23, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in Roanoke, VA
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you should hire a septic service pro or a plumber depends on many factors. Here’s how to tell who should fix your septic system backup.
Septic tank risers make it easy to access your septic tank when it’s time for routine inspection, maintenance, and pumping, saving you precious time and labor costs.
Find septic tank services in
- Poages Mill,
- Cave Spring,
- Boones Mill,
- Blue Ridge,
- Bent Mountain,
- New Castle,
- Copper Hill,
- Rocky Mount,
Septic Tank Contractors in Roanoke, VA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLCPO Box 20871
Roanoke, Virginia 24018
- Crowe ServicesP.O. Box 11712
Roanoke, Virginia 24022
- Kennard - Pace Co Inc129 Kirk Ave SW PO Box 2412
Roanoke, Virginia 24011
- MURRELL'S PLUMBING & HEATING1314 COMER ST NW
Roanoke, Virginia 24017
- S. J. Conner & Sons, Inc.1639 Seibel Drive NE
Roanoke, Virginia 24012
- Affordable Septic Tank Service LLC
- Alpha Septic Service1536 Fairfield Rd.
Henry, Virginia 24102
- Alpha Septic Service
- CHUCK WHITE HEATING AIR COND709 E MORRIS HILL RD
Covington, Virginia 24426
- CHUCK WHITE HEATING AIR COND
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Family Plumbing & Heating3558 Angus Ln
Shawsville, Virginia 24162
- Family Plumbing & Heating
- Randy Hodges Excavating IncPO Box 967
Wirtz, Virginia 24184
- Randy Hodges Excavating Inc
- Star City Plumbing LLC2804 Matthew Dr
Vinton, Virginia 24179
- Star City Plumbing LLC
- TIDY SERVICES2011 COOK DR
Salem, Virginia 24153
- TIDY SERVICES
Septic tank companies that service Roanoke
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.