What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Get matched with top excavators in Charlottesville, VA
There are 11 highly-rated local excavators.
Matching on Angi
Recent Excavating Reviews in Charlottesville
- Maintained By MikeMike was great! He talked thru our options, suggested a couple things I wouldn't have thought of, and did excellent, careful work. I thought his rates were very reasonable, and he is a good guy to work with. I would definitely hire him again.
- Maintained By MikeMike is fantastic. He was very responsive to our inquiries. Great communication, just a lovely guy. He was great with my kids too, let the 4 yo "help" him with moving gravel. We would absolutely hire him again.
- RND ConstructionNick and Russell at R.N.D. Construction were quick to respond to an estimate request, provided knowledgeable insight on the project, and completed the job in a timely manner. Very professional and pleasant to deal with. Highly recommend.
- '58 FoundationsThey were very efficient. Their work was very well done, and they left our basement clean. Oh, and it's been three years and the basement is completely dry.
- Premier Arbor ServicesScott was very responsive. He gave us an estimate on a Saturday for removal of several dead or dying trees in the woodline of our property. We also needed our driveway leveled out and a drainpipe replaced that ran under the driveway. We also wanted a lot of mulching done once he finished. The estimate was a little higher than some others, but he actually gave me a firm date to do the work so we signed him up. As promised, on Monday morning he and his crew arrived, did all the work as contracted and cleaned up all the mess! The entire property looks even better than I had hoped for. After months of searching, this company actually came when they said they would and did exactly what was requested. I would definitely hire them again
- Premier Arbor ServicesWe’re on time and completed when said they would be and then came back and did other odd jobs. Great response time and nice work
- Foster Well & Pump Company IncThey did an excellent job with both situations and can not find anything at this point to fault them on. They will be my go to water fixers from now on.
- Foster Well & Pump Company IncI could not be happier with the excavating and installation done by Commonwealth Underground. I had another contractor walk away from the job after taking the contract due to the underground utilities, but Commonwealth Underground was more than confident in their ability to get the job done. They completed the job quickly, professionally, and at 1/3 of the price of the contractor that walked off the job
- Maintained By MikeThe amount and quality of work done by Mike and his additional worker was everything we could've hoped for and more. Before Mike rescued our driveway, it was in bad shape - completely washed out (12" deep hole in one spot) along with terrible drainage, there were dips, it was uneven, grassy middle strip...the list goes on and on. He dug a perfect trench along the driveway and filled it with rip rap, we needed 40 tons of gravel to repair the driveway, a new trench dug at the top of the driveway, etc. etc. they even cut back limbs and probably a whole lot more that I probably don't even realize...it just looks great! He was incredibly fair, straight-forward and did an exceptional job. We made a few changes along the way and he took it in stride and made it work like it was originally part of the plan. You will not be disappointed hiring Mike or anyone he works with. Couldn't have been nicer or more professional. My husband and I will absolutely be hiring him again for more work on our property
- Maintained By MikeI brought Mike on full time from Jul 15 until Aug 31st. He was in charge of all exterior work. He also worked with my other contractors and assisted with any painting, carpentry, debris removal, and overall logistics. Mike is a extremely trustworthy, reputable, and anyone who uses his services will not be disappointed. I would not be able to complete my renovation without his help. This is my second time using his services
Excavators in Charlottesville
- Business Description:Green Waste Recyclers is a wood waste and land clearing company with a Class A Contractors License. We provide mobile grinding and woody debris hauling for municipalities, contractors, government agencies and private individuals. All our equipment is maintained and owned by us offering you the most efficient service possible. We have been providing wood recycling and land clearing services for over 20 years
- Business Description:Call Us @ 540-718-3794! Established in 2000 with over 20+ years of Arbor experience, owner operated, & a 2018 Super Service Award winner, Premier Arbor Services are able to handle all tree care needs. We provide 24/7 services from tree trimming, tree removal, stump grinding or removal, to excavating blurbs and everything in between-- our crew will provide you with expert service. Enhance your home's curb appeal by letting the quality excavating services of Premier Arbor Services LLC add beau..Recent Review:Everything went very well. Scott came 2 weeks prior to work being done to meet with me and give a free estimate. I found him to be both friendly and knowledgeable and he took as much time as I needed to answer all my questions and concerns. He and his team arrived promptly and were both courteous and professional. All equipment used was top notch and very clean! They worked non-stop that day in sunny, very warm temperatures until the job was done. All debris was removed and areas were left looking great. Even though the job was a bit more labor intensive than expected, the final price was exactly what Scott had quoted 2 weeks prior. I can honestly say that my experience with Premier Arbor Services went better than expected with a similar outcome. I would without a doubt use them again and recommend them to othersJoanne S.
- Business Description:If you can dream it, we can build it! Give us a call today for a free quote!Recent Review:Jason answered all of our calls from start to finish. This is unusual in today's market. Believe me others should follow his example! On the first visit Jason's employee, Bobby, discovered we had termite damage. He completed the work on the front door and we regrouped to get termite issues addressed. We were worried about coordinating exterminator and final repairs, but luckily both companies were wonderful to work with!! Bobby completed floor repairs--better than original install--and back door repairs today. We couldn't be more pleased. Thanks guys, for a job well doneSue C.
- Business Description:Serenescapes is a full service landscape contractor. We offer services related to outdoor work with some minor specialty jobs accepted. We are a company based on knowledge, quality, and professionalism. We employ trained professionals to do all of our own work at this time and have enough employees to not need subcontractors. We typically bill after each job is completed or for larger jobs we will work a payment schedule through contract. At this time we are unable to offer financing. Office:..Recent Review:Eric Shrieves and the whole Serenescapes crew did an excellent job installing our patio. Notable qualities are (1) quality of work, (2) value for price, and (3) flexibility. I'll explain each in turn. The Serenescapes crew took their time, and carefully installed/ laid out the timbers, patio slope, trims, and the patterns of pavers. Where the patio met the door sills, and the outdoor stairs bottom step riser, they took time to cut additional trim so that the overall appearance was top notch. I appreciated this attention to detail. I selected Serenscapes because I sensed from the initial consultation that while they were not the least expensive or most expensive bid I had received for this project, they would provide the most value. Looking at the quality of the work, I was proven correct. In terms of flexibility, projects often have some sort of unanticipated event, or something to do with the local site conditions, and Eric and the crew were flexible and rolled with the local site conditions. Two other important points for me: I got plenty of communication/updates, so I always know what was happening. We texted, so I knew what to expect, and when. Second, the worksite was always kept neat, which is very important to me.. After the job was done, the yard was seeded and covered with strawMaan H.
- Business Description:Lineage Construction is a family owned and operated Virginia Class-A business, with a little over 100 years combined experience in this field. We specialize in excavation with a broad scope of dirt work. Including but not limited to clearing, foundations, driveways, dams, ponds, grading, demolition. As well as horse arenas, concrete work and snow removal. Our customers satisfaction is our number 1 goalRecent Review:Excellent job. From initial meeting and project estimate to final completion first class treatment and results. Chris is a true gentleman and very easy to deal with. Complete and competitive estimate and final results were exactly as he described and completed in a very timely fashion. I would wholeheartedly recommend Lineage for any excavation, driveway, and/or drainage workTodd G.
- Business Description:My name Larry Hairston I run a small landscaping company in the new river valley for 7 years we are a small hometown company. We do Lawncare and landscaping we fill that we provide some of the best service around we are just a father son team that are just trying to make a good livin we dont believe that quality work should have a quality price please call us and I promise u wont regret itRecent Review:I couldn't believe the transformation of the yard and surrounding border of our home! It went from weedy, sort of junky and tired looking to Better Homes and Garden. Mr Hairston and his staff were amazing. I was not only pleased beyond words but their friendly manner and amazing work ethic will have me recommending and rehiring them without hesitationBetty W.
- Business Description:We're a small company dedicated to providing premier workmanship, quality materials, and outstanding customer service. After receiving my degree in Landscape Architecture from Cornell University I am qualified not only to design your landscaping but our crew can also install your projectRecent Review:It went perfectly, The Great Outdoors did a superb job and their customer service was beyond terrific. Their price was lower then the larger landscape services in town and the quality of their work better. Also they did the work sooner then the big landscape companies were willing to do itTom R.
- Business Description:FREE 3D Design Consultation for Angie's List Members, Call Now! Serving pool owners for over 70 years, Anthony & Sylvan brings experience, service and creativity to designing your backyard oasis. We understand how different our terrain can be, even within a fairly short distance. From your very first free, no-obligation consultation to closing your pool in the fall, our design consultants and pool experts work with you every step of the way. We also offer renovations and maintain your pool th..Recent Review:After meeting with multiple pool companies, we felt most confident in hiring Anthony & Sylvan to build our pool. We worked with Tom Bowers to design the pool. Even though he was the designer/salesman, he remained part of the entire process and continued to check-in with us, answer questions, and advocate for us throughout the entire process. He is very personable and a man of his word. Tyler Swavely was our project manager. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. As new pool owners, we relied on Tyler to explain a lot to us throughout the build. He always answered our questions and reassured us that everything was perfect. He never made us feel that any question was too small to answer. Halfway through our build, Tyler trained Brian Akstulewicz to take over as our project Manager. Brian was nothing short of amazing. Our pool was complete in April 2020 but Brian continued to answer phone calls, respond to texts and even facetime with us to help troubleshoot. He was very responsive and 8 months later he is still supporting us and answering our questions. Tom, Tyler, and Brian were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend this team and Anthony & Sylvan to anyone thinking about building a pool! They make a stressful process enjoyable and exciting!Sara W.
- Business Description:I am a one person operation. Having been in the Green Industry for 39 years, I have come to the conclusion that the best way to take care of a client's needs is strictly hands on work. I will occasionally bring in day help. Payment is upon completion unless it is a large project then partial payment at start. I also install vegetable gardens using our own compost mixRecent Review:Mike was a good communicator; showed up when he said he would; did everything he said he would in the time he said it would take; did an excellent job with everything, and did it all for a fair price. Mike was great to work with and I'm happy to recommend his servicesNicholas R.
- Business Description:We are a family business that is locally owned and operated. We are able to handle the smallest of jobs to the largest of jobs. Leaking faucets to main sewer and water line excavation. We are a small family owned business which allows us to send you a master plumber on every service call at a price much lower than the large plumbing companies. Top quality work at a fair price. We proudly service all of northern and central virginia including Fairfax, Springfield, Arlington, Loudoun county, Wo..Recent Review:Our outside faucet was damaged and needed replacement. Adam and his partner arrived promptly and provided a very reasonable estimate to replace the faucet. They kept us informed every step of the way, were quick and efficient with the repairs and left the workplace spotless. We chose The Pipe Doctor because they are a locally owned company with a spotless service record. We were completely satisfied with their service and would not hesitate to use them againDonald B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Call 811 before you dig in order dig safe. One call two days ahead of work can prevent injury and potentially expensive damage to underground utility lines.
Find excavators in
excavators in Charlottesville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations11256 AIR PARK RD
Ashland, Virginia 23005
- '58 Foundations
- Acclaim Services2610 Barracks Rd.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22901
- Albemarle Backhoe Service781 March Road
Stanardsville, Virginia 22973
- Anderson Landscaping, LLC.3377 Old Lynchburg Rd
North Garden, Virginia 22959
- Anthony & Sylvan Pools8260 Preston Ct # 1
Jessup, Maryland 20794
- Arthur's Septic Service1189 Rockfish Run Rd
Scottsville, Virginia 24590
- Acclaim Services
- CT Redd Construction Inc165 Clancie Rd
Shacklefords, Virginia 23156
- CT Redd Construction Inc
- Dan's Landscapades1114 Tanbark Dr
Afton, Virginia 22920
- Dan's Landscapades
- Foster Well & Pump Company Inc413 Reas Ford Rd
Earlysville, Virginia 22936
- Foster Well & Pump Company Inc
- Green Waste Recyclers, LLC17277 POOR FARM RD
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
- Green Waste Recyclers, LLC
- Hometown Lawncare 465 Newcomb St
Christiansburg, Virginia 24073
- Hometown Lawncare
- Lineage ConstructionP.O. Box 2131
Culpeper, Virginia 22701
- Lineage Construction
- O.Cooper Paving3036 Warrenton Rd
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22406
- O.Cooper Paving
- Waynesboro Landscape & Garden Center2032 W Main St
Waynesboro, Virginia 22980
- Waynesboro Landscape & Garden Center