G&B Tile & Plaster Ltd

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2012

4.1

960 N Mill St

Lewisville, TX 75057

We are a pool plastering and remodeling company. We prep our pools for replaster with a 40,000 PSI Water Jetting machine. That allows us to guarantee our plaster work for 5 years.

12/09/2020

Keith B.

They were professional and thorough.

Description of Work
They did pool renovation including decking and plaster.

10/07/2020

edwin G.

It took this company almost a year to complete my pool resurfacing after they started the project, left my wiring exposed, and collected most of my money by starting different aspects of the job but not completing any almost a year later. I had to keep pumping water out of the pool for almost a year. They also tried to charge me an additional $500 to smooth the sharp edge of the slate that was used for coping, claiming it was an upgrade because my wife asked if the edges would be grinded to be smooth. Their contention was that it was a natural edge until i sent them a picture that showed the huge piece of slate that they had to cut down making it a cut edge and not the natural edge they claimed. I believe that they delayed the completion of my pool because i challenged their natural edge claim. The day they came to finally complete the job they made a mess on my neighbor's driveway, started an argument claiming that it wasn't their company, and almost had a fist fight and called the police. I cleaned the driveway to keep the peace. Now the power washing mark on the bottom of the pool they claim is my fault because of the treatment I have a pool service do and not the fact that he created them This company will not take any responsibility for anything they do and once they have your money you're at their mercy. UPDATE: 10/6/2020 I don’t take lightly complaining about your company and your family’s ability to make a living. You left me no other alternative and as always, you’re not taking any responsibility for anything or the length of time to complete the project. I was told a week and it took you almost year. Do you seriously want people to believe that the weeping issue caused the delay for almost a year? Yes, the details were stated on the contact but you did indeed leave wires exposed and start but did not complete the project until almost a year later. I have attached photo from October, November and March where you can clearly see that the wires were left exposed and did not get fixed until August. You started everything you could to be able to get a much money from me possible without finishing anything. Are we to believe that the electrical or plumbing work could not be completed because of the weeping issue? I’ve posed picture with three different dates that show the wires were exposed for at least 6 months. If this was done by a professional electrician then I would suggest you find another electrician. Why would I lie about the electric work and if you came to my house several times why would you choose to leave it that way. As for my neighbor’s driving, why would he make it up. I’ve been living here for 15 years and never had an issue with him. I never made a comment about my neighbor and I don’t appreciate you lying about it. He did get irate when the first thing you say to him was that you didn’t don anything when he was standing outside watching your crew. I also witness you escalating the issue by pushing up against him as if you were going to attack him. How professional! If you were going to clean his driveway you should just done it and not start a fight with him. It was your responsibility not to escalate the situation as a professional contactor. As far as the plaster, I provided you with records of the pool chemistry and you basically told me it was my fault and did not provide and did not provide any advice. I can post the email if you like. If you posed any pictures it was without my permission. Please show me on the contact where you’re allow to post pictures with the customers permission. I would love to know how you attempted to help and what other options do I have when all you’ve done is come up with excuses? Why don’t you show how you attempted to help? I also noticed that to failed to mention anything about the coping. I assume you agree with my assessment.

Description of Work
Resurface pool

Category plastering

Your project timeframe was due to a continually weeping pool from ground water. You sent pictures of the water issue in the pool; G&B Tile and Plaster came regularly to drain the pool/re-clean it. Pools plastered when weeping cause plaster failure. You were advised of this issue throughout the entire process. Projects have progress payments due over the course of the project; your project followed that schedule. A licensed electrician did work on your property under this project and did not leave exposed wires. The picture shows the pigtail connected to the back of the pump that is not a live wire. No mess was made by G&B; the mess was from broken drywall from your property. G&B offered to clean the mess. Your neighbor became combative in nature forcing G&B to call the police for protection of employees. You (and others) informed us that this neighbor creates lots of neighborhood issues; you apologized to G&B for the neighbor's behavior. G&B left no issues at completion of the project. You contacted G&B with a question regarding the plaster on 9/18/20. G&B requested pool water chemistry start-up information to provide you with advice. As 10/2/20 you have not provided information. You did the start-up of the pool and the water chemistry. G&B provided you with detailed start-up information. This information is provided to all customers to help them better understand water chemistry and the requirements for the pool. Based on the information provided the plaster concerns are due to an improper pool start up by you.. G&B was on your property on 7/27/20 the pool was completely full (plastered 7/25/20) and none of the equipment was operating as required for a newly plastered pool. G&B has pictures of the pool with no issues. Failure to properly start up the pool causes plaster issues. Initial chemical start-up is critical to the finish; discolorations in your plaster are to be expected with an improper chemical start up. You chose to not accept G&B's help; not the other way around, as mis-represented above.

08/19/2019

Weigang L.

Scope: Tile, coping, one skimmer replacement and one skimmer repair, gunite repair after hydro demo, and quartz re-plaster. Timeline: Water drained on Mar 27, tiles and coping in April and May, plaster on Jun 8th, startup on Jun 11th, skimmer repair on Jun 27th. It rained slightly more in May, but my coworker’s new pool was completed before me. So, I’m not sure if 3 months for a remodeling is a reasonable timeframe. I was hoping to get it done before Memorial Day weekend. I was concerned about the skimmer still leaking for 3 weeks before they finally put poly around it. Three times they didn’t come as promised, with excuses in advance, for the skimmer repair after the full payment. Though they eventually did come on the fourth try and repaired it. Quality: Hit or miss mainly due to lack of attention to detail and it doesn’t seem they care about the customers. Plaster has questionable quality with 4 discoloration streaks on the light blue quartz from day one, and a few spider web cracks on the steps a few days later. No leak so far. Tile and coping seem to be decent, though they forgot to tile the spillway and to put mastic at the vertical steps of the coping. I had to remind them a few times. So overall, maybe around average quality. Since they boast to be in the business for 10 years plus, maybe quality could be better if they actually cared about the customers. On a side note, the quartz plaster doesn’t look like the sample. Choose carefully. Price: Slightly more than 21k. Original quote was slightly higher than others I got. Added 3K for damage to gunite after hydro demo. Customer Service: They don’t seem to care about customers, and there’s no customer service. Very arrogant and major attitude. No matter what happens, they always say it is the customer’s fault. Example: How could it be the customer’s fault with pool chemistry if the discoloration was in 4 streaks and showed up on day one, and the spider web crack showed up on day 3 when still in their startup process? They’d inconvenience customers to make it convenient for them, that’s how the project was delayed and ignored. Limited and delayed communications on what’s going on, what to expect and what to do. Example: They took a big chunk of original gunite out, and never explained why they did that, and whether they put rebar in the new concrete or not. Their hydro demo process: It was the reason I chose them despite lukewarm reviews. It did remove majority of the old plasters, but so powerful, it caused damage to some spot at the gunite, and I was billed 1k to repair the damage caused by the process. Dispute Resolution: Arbitration in Denton compulsory. Filing fee $800. Average arbitrator fee $1500 per day shared by both parties. Wish I had done some research before signing the contract with arbitration clause. There’s no recourse for customers if there’s a dispute. I sure was in this predicament. Billing Practices: Be vigilant. They quoted me $950 to repair cracks originally, billed $2600 instead saying there’s more cracks. My photos don’t agree with their assessment. They tried to bill me extra $500 for startup, after my evidence, they shifted that $500 to gunite damage. They lost my pool cleaner connector, and told me to install it. So, I went and bought the connector, and installed that. Then they refused to reimburse me or the connector. Instead, they dropped an old one at my front door. Startup: They didn’t start up the pool until 2 days after water was filled, not on the same day as suggested by manufacturer. They also didn’t turn off the salt cell, and had me keep it running 24 hrs per day. I later found out, the salt cell generates sodium hydroxide as a byproduct, and, even with the small amount of natural salt in the water, pushes the pH level higher. No wonder my Ph level is slightly higher. They should’ve known better, but they didn’t bother to tell me, or maybe they had no idea. They didn’t come on day 2 of startup, and I had to check with them. Though they did make it up by extending the start up time. Warranty: Promised 10 year manufacturer’s warranty. Based on what has transpired so far, very suspicious the warranty would be honored. Summary: If you do hire, take pictures at every stage, document everything. Insist on a completion date in the contract, or be prepared for delays, and be put at the bottom of their list as they are subcontractors, and general contractors would get priority. Do NOT agree to arbitration as you’ll most likely have disputes.

Description of Work
Pool Plaster and Remodeling

11/27/2018

Brian W.

They were very knowledgeable and stayed on top of the project. Even with the insane weather we experienced. Very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Pool replaster and remodel

Category pool cleaners

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you on your pool remodel.

09/29/2017

Roger G.

Workmanship and final product were good. Communication regarding schedule and invoicing could have been better.

Description of Work
Replastering our swimming pool.

07/03/2017

Thomas D.

The work was done very well. They are not the lowest price but considering other factors such as quality and warranty, they seemed to be the best value. They even surprised me with a high quality pool brush. A small nit: I wish the owners were a bit more customer friendly. They weren't as responsive as I would have liked. Having said that, their office person, Jessica, was quite responsive but she is new and almost always had to refer my questions to Greg or Jamey. There was a lag time, sometimes of significant duration. I trust in time Jessica will get up to speed. In all liklihood I will use G&B next year to remodel my pool decking.

Description of Work
Fix cracks in pool, Replace coping with flagstone, new tile, new plaster for the pool

12/12/2016

Brian S.

Went very well. The biggest issue was communication at times but the work was excellent and any issues that arose they came back and took care of it.

Description of Work
Completely remodel the pool and spa

Category pool cleaners

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the feedback. It was a pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Greg Musgrove

09/17/2016

rod M.

Exceptional quality of work, average communication with the client, final product is truly amazing.

Description of Work
Complete hydro demo, new tile, replastered, rebuilt the spa and put in new pool lights

Category plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the feedback. It was a pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Jamey Musgrove

08/14/2016

Brian L.

Quick and responsive in the beginning. Work was done fast. Starting to go down hill after that. Initially looked great. Followed the directions for cleaning and pool chemistry. Even went to pool store to have the run the chemistry for proof of compliance. The spa looks great, the pool not so much. After I voiced concerns about the color coming up and staining, it too them a while to even reply back to me. I would get emails stating I would get back to you this week and I would have to reach out for reply. I'm being told staining is a calcium issue which they have a plan to fix, but as evident by the pictures this is more than calcium. I voiced my concerns, that it's not calcium and a possible bad install, immediately told it was not a bad install without coming and seeing how the color has changed when he came out the 2nd time. I can see foot prints from when they installed the color and the color is coming up. MY filter has been catching Colored plaster bits since install. The plaster underneath is great, the color is not. The spa has retained the color and looks great. Currently waiting again for a reply from Greg after telling me he'll get back to me this week ( 7/21).

Description of Work
Replaster of pool and Spa.

Category plastering, pool cleaners

Mr. [Member Name Removed], It was the understanding of G&B Tile and Plaster (G&B) from our conversations that you were removing this inaccurate review based on the facts that your pool has issues due to the lack of proper water chemistry under your management. Since you did not remove this review, G&B is responding to your claims based on the facts of the situation surrounding your pool plaster. G&B provides customers with the proper information to protect their plaster investment (this includes proper water chemistry levels, as per the National Plasterers Council and clearly outlined in your executed contract). When a homeowner chooses not to follow the water chemistry information to protect their plaster investment this is not the fault of any plaster applicator. The issues with your plaster relate to very aggressive water chemistry (the information regarding the water chemistry was provided to G&B from your chemical records; as well as through our own water chemistry testing). G&B finished your pool project in January 2016; at that time, you informed G&B that the finished project looked great. At the end of May 2016, you reached out to G&B with some concerns regarding your pool plaster. G&B came out in June 2016 to look at the plaster, did a test spot and took a water sample. The pool had a calcium build-up. A calcium build-up is not an indication of a poor install. Calcium build-up is related to water chemistry issues. You pool had extremely high CYA (+-100ppm) in the water which resulted in a low carbonate alkalinity, causing aggressive water. When water is aggressive it leaches minerals out of everything - your grout, your plaster, anything cementious. In the case of the plaster the minerals that leached out of the finish pulled pigment out with it. The leaching causes the build-up. Your pool filter is also an issue. This was explained to you beforehand; it is undersized for the pool. You have 2 separate equipment systems since your spa is a completely separate body of water from the pool. The filter on the spa is sized appropriately; it was not in a low carbonate alkalinity situation. The filter on the pool is not sized appropriately, too small. There is nothing wrong with the installation. The damage to the plaster is entirely related to the aggressive water chemistry. G&B cannot replace the pigment that leached out of the plaster due to aggressive water chemistry. If you want additional information about this issue, please see the following link: [Removed Hyperlink] Greg Musgrove G&B Tile and Plaster

06/26/2016

Terry R.

Our experience with G&B Tile has been a nightmare. When they replastered our pool last summer (2016) they encouraged us to invest in a Chlorine Genie priced at $3800. We had never heard of this piece of equipment but it was supposed to be a fantastic source of chlorine that is generated by salt and automatically piped into the pool through underground tubing - it would eliminate the need for us to add expensive chlorine to the pool. We bought the Genie. G&B installed it but did not train us on how to use it or clean it. Instead we were given a printed manual of fairly complex instructions. When it was time to winterize it, G&B came out and disassembled it. I made the mistake of not maintaining the water chemistry well during the winter and the pool turned green. When their service guy came out on April 9 to reattach the Genie for the spring, he said that the chlorine it would generate would quickly clean up the pool. It did not and hasn't worked since then. I worked with our pool supply store and was able to use shock and algae control additions to clean it up quickly and get it back to sparkling clean. Since April no chlorine is being generated, it began leaking and was a mess. I began an endless series of phone calls to have Greg or a service person from G&B to come out and service it. I was finally able to communicate with Greg about this and he instructed me to unplug it. 6 weeks later in late May Greg agreed to come out to look at the Chlorine Genie. When he looked at the Genie, he pumped out water which was overflowing inside the holding tank and got it running. He then said the venturi tubing was not working and chlorine was not flowing into the pool, rather it was flowing backwards toward the equipment. He explained to me that G&B would come back and remove the venturi tubing, hand dig a trench to our pool and run pvc pipe from the Genie to the pool so chlorine would flow directly into the pool. This was fine with and we were excited for it to finally be working. Now it is June 26. I have texted Greg 6 times and called at least that many times and nothing has been done. No trench, no functioning Chlorine Genie. Greg's explanations to me for why they've had a hard time getting out here is that they have so much business that they can't get out here, he was sick, he has had a flood in his warehouse. I am sympathetic to all that but it's been 5 weeks since he was here, promising to return to repair the Genie and meanwhile we are stuck with a $3800. piece of equipment that doesn't work. I finally called in frustration several days ago and asked again when when when will you come fix this? He told me it was my fault for not maintaining the water chemistry properly in the pool and this caused the Genie not to work. It looks like we are stuck with no service for the Genie from a disreputable company. We are very disappointed and frustrated. I do not recommend this company. They do not provide service after the sale. Beware.

Description of Work
Installed a Chlorine Genie for our pool in August 2016.

Category pool cleaners

Ms. [Member Name Removed], The damage done to the Chlorine Genie installed at your pool was done by your lack of pool care over the winter season; which in turn damaged the pool plaster as well. The pool was covered with a tarp and left completely unattended for months; equipment was off, no filtration and no chemical treatment at all. You notified G&B Tile and Plaster (G&B) at the end of March 2016 about the lack of pool care, stating the water is pretty brown (creating a pond like situation). This lack of care has nothing to do with G&B, nor does it make G&B responsible for fixing the Chlorine Genie. Your lack of care to the pool has voided all warranty terms (per the executed contract) as it relates to all work done to your pool, including the equipment, by G&B. Your pool experience was not a nightmare. Your pool was redone by G&B last summer and you and your husband were extremely happy with the end result. The Chlorine Genie worked perfect last season. G&B has provided lots of service to you after the sale. You were fully trained on how to operate the Chlorine Genie; you even took a video of the training provided to you at your property. The printed manual was provided by the manufacturer and all owners of Chlorine Genies are expected maintain their unit per the manual. The Chlorine Genie was an option offered to customers - you were not encouraged to purchase the equipment; you inquired about it, researched it and made the decision to move forward and purchase it for your pool. G&B has attempted to work with you on the issues you created with the Chlorine Genie; however, we are not the manufacturer, nor are we the company that holds the warranty. The Chlorine Genie worked exactly as designed after installation. G&B is not able to help you with the Chlorine Genie. You will need to contact the manufacturer and deal with them directly at this time. Greg Musgrove G&B Tile and Plaster

11/17/2015

Richard M.

It went horrible. The process was a nightmare! They don't come when they say they will. We understand the rainy month of May. I asked when they would start. They told us we weren't their only customers. We just wanted an idea when they would start. We were talked down to like we were ignorant on several occasions!! They claimed I threatened them at one point when they wouldn't talk to me. I have many witnesses that saw how they treated me. They didn't know how to set up the chlorine genie. We were so sick of dealing with them we contacted the manufacturer to figure it all out. We were finally able to make it work properly without constant water leakage, which they claimed was normal. My husband overheard two of their workers say that this is how people who have pools are. Complainers and snobs. We saved for several years to be able to afford to have our pool refinished. Our pool has not been done properly but we won't deal with them ever again. We are fixing problems ourselves. Use these people at your own risk!! We tell everyone we know what type of people they are and what type of work they do. We signed the contract on April 9th 2015. Finally didn't even want them on our property again Labor day weekend.

Description of Work
We had new coping. Blasted our old pool service and re-plastered and new tile.

Category plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Mr. [Member Name Removed] G&B Tile and Plaster (G&B) worked with you extensively on your pool remodel project which was originally completed at the end of June 2015; however, the plaster finish was disrupted during the start-up process when individuals chose to get in the pool and swim. This action caused issues with your pool. G&B returned to your pool in July 2015 to drain and acid wash your pool at no additional charges from G&B. The chlorine genie was also properly installed after the plaster process. Thank you for your business and we'd appreciate your final outstanding payment for your project.

10/07/2015

Donglu X.

First, we did lots of research for the job and decided to contacted G&B Tile and Plaster Ltd. During the onsite estimation, we were more confident about their professional work. Then, we set the time frame for the job. We had very smooth communication with the company and signed the contract with them. The work was done in a week. We were informed about the day-to-day tasks every day. It was finished on time. The company also sent in the start-up instruction. It is very helpful for the follow-up of daily maintenance of the pool. It's about one month since the replastering was done. The pool is very beautiful now. We are happy about the pool service.

Description of Work
Replaster of 20 years old pool. Replaced the tiles.

10/01/2015

Donglu X.

Overall the re-plastering job is very good. Before we signed the contract with G&B, the communication between us and G&B is very good. Both sides understand what's the job is and the responsibilities too. The job was done very efficiently. It took about one week. Their different crew came and worked on their tasks. G&B informed us what's going on and what's we expected in the next step. The very important part is that the start-up instruction was sent to us before the job was done. So, we can keep working on it. The pool looks beautiful now. They provides 5 years warranty. Hopefully, we don't have a chance to us it.

Description of Work
Drain Pool and/or Spa and release hydro-static pressure. Hydro Demo (40,000 PSI) every square inch of the original plaster surface to remove all organics, paint, weak plaster, and to create a superior anchor pattern for the new pool finish. Install choice of new standard tile. Line the inside of the skimmer with polyurethane to cover cracks. Plaster. Perform chemical start-up.

08/26/2015

Andrew E.

We requested numerous quotes from various vendors including the builder of our pool. All of the quotes came in within the same range; however, G&B was the only company that did the hydro-demolition, all of the others were only an acid wash. Because of this we went with G&B and could not have been more pleased. During the quote process our sales person Jamey was awesome! She came out to show us samples of different bottoms and then also came out with tile samples multiple times. Once everything was decided and signed, they guys showed up on the day they said. Overall the entire project took 4 1/2 days to complete. Everyone involved has been incredibly responsive and easy to work with. I cannot recommend them enough and if we have another project anytime in the future we will be using them again.

Description of Work
Resurfaced pool with New tile

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

Thank you [Member name removed]. It was a pleasure to remodel your pool!

08/05/2015

Connie S.

06/16/2015

Margaret Y.

The overall experience with G & B was great and stuck as close to schedule as possible especially while we had so much rain throughout the month of May. The quality of the surface is wonderful. The only issue we had was communication for what days workers would need access to our backyard. We have dogs so we weren't sure when and for how long we could have them out. We would have G & B help us for any future work we may need.

Description of Work
Pool resurfaced, Chlorine Genie installed, new filter, 5 day start up

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

Thank you [member name removed]. I will be contacting you next week to make any necessary adjustments to the Genie.

05/26/2015

Michael O.

Started out ok but quickly went down hill after plaster was done .G&B was not responsive to fixing problems with plaster . First said the rain caused the problem with plaster when changed their story to blame me for problem.I followed all instructions given and kept them posted on problem . These people are very hard to work with, I have worked with various contractors over 40 years of home ownership these are the worst !(P.S. They were the most expensive of my 6 bids on the work) . Learned a lesson here Price does not always get you quality service

Description of Work
.Plaster pool , new tile and coping

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

The complaint from [ Member's name removed] is incorrect. G&B Tile and Plaster (G&B) left the pool with the homeowner in proper condition following installation of new plaster and start-up procedures. G&B is a certified NPC Start-Up company. Following the completion of the pool replaster and start-up, [Member's name removed] contacted the plaster manufacturer and claimed the plaster was a bad product. During the conversation with the plaster manufacturer [Member's name removed] told the manufacturer he added 8 lbs. of soda ash to his pool after G&B was finished with the pool. Plaster manufacturer informed [Member's name removed] the issue with his pool was directly related to the 8 lbs of soda ash he added and not related to the plaster product or G&B. Plaster manufacturer informed G&B of the conversation with [Member's name removed] [Member's name removed] addition of 8 lbs of soda ash to his pool after completion of start-up to his pool created the issue with his pool. The soda ash plated out and coated the surface of the pool; this is the problem [ Member's name removed] has with his pool. The problem with the pool is not a problem caused by G&B and is not a warranted issue. G&B had previously advised [Member's name removed] the company would be able to help him correct his issue; however, the correction would be at the expense of [Member's name removed]

05/10/2015

Sarah F.

The only negative with G&B is once we received our date for the work to begin there was not the level of communication I needed on when people would be at my home. I work full time and have dogs so I need someone to tell me daily when they will be there so I make sure the dogs do not go in the backyard. I had to seek out the schedule where I expected to be notified. However it really was not that big of a deal and once I asked for the full schedule I got it. I would definitely recommend this company again.

Description of Work
We used G&B to update our 16 yr old pool. They restored our pool with new coping, tile and plaster. The end result was excellent. The workers were top notch, friendly when at my home and did great work. I picked G&B due to the strategy in which they do the plaster. They use a hydro power wash that most companies do not use. Research this process as it will ultimately make your plaster last longer. They were competitive with pricing as I got about 5 estimates.

11/05/2014

Daniel L.

Work went okay except that owner of service provider never visited during the work, even after I complained about the finish. The finish is not uniform, with marks and areas of different color.

Description of Work
re-plastered pool

10/23/2014

James D.

Description of Work
New tile and light, upgraded plaster and repair cracks. After the demo, many cracks were found and needed repair. unplanned delay and expense, but all went well in the end and the pool looks great. |Greg is a hands on guy and was very helpful and responsive throughout.

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

Thank you so much, [removed member name]. Being responsive is very important to us. We appreciate the chance to remodel your pool.

10/05/2014

John R.

I called the company and they sent someone out right away. He went through the process and encouraged me to get other bids and check out their web site which explained more in detail their process (which is very different from other pool companies). I called a friend who owns a pool company in NM and he was surprised at the process and was very impressed by their work. The company blasts away the old plaster (instead of just covering over old plaster) and then fixes any areas of rust from the old rebar. They came out and removed my old mastic around the pool edging and replaced it. They came out and blasted away the old plaster (most companies just recover old cracking plaster), then they completely re plastered my pool. I could not speak highly enough about Greg's company. They kept to their time schedule and the pricing of a complete color re plaster was extremely competitive. I have had a friend from NM who owns and pool company comment on the professional job that was done when he visited. There is nothing that I would change.

Description of Work
re plastered my pool, fixed numerous areas of rust and removed and replaced the mastic surrounding my pool edging.

Category swimming pools

Thank you, [member name removed]. Our goal is complete satisfaction and it was our pleasure to work with you.

06/26/2014

chrisman S.

Greg and his guys replastered our pool last year. We had been through a nightmare with Scott Hanson a $10,000.00 ripoff, so we were very concerned, and the pool NEEDED to be redone. Our pool is quite large, about 36,000 gallons, I think. Greg and his guys did a really good job on the pool. Several little things like setting PVC pipe in a couple of places where Umbrellas can go This winter we found a crack where we had put an assist rail on the steps in/out of the pool. I sent Greg a email, with a picture in it with just a ? in the body. Greg sent a note back, that day, ans said it was his responsibility, and he would fix it. We had the plaster work done, and Greg installed the NEW rail that mounts only on the deck, today. It is perfect.. GREG DID NOT CHARGE ONE CENT!!! I can not speak high enough of his work. I fully expected to pay for some of the work that was done..

Description of Work
Service above and beyond!!!!

Category swimming pools

Thank you, [member name removed]. We are glad that you are pleased with our work and we will continue to strive for satisfied customers like you.

03/12/2013

Connie S.

We have got three or four estimates and they were in the middle. We never had a pool and didn't know anything about resurfacing pools. We felt that they were being honest with what really needed to be done. Once we started the work, they found in the spa that part of the seat had collapsed and they fixed that as well.

Description of Work
G & B Tile and Plaster do our weekly pool service. They also resurfaced our pool and fixed the spa seat.

01/18/2013

Chris S.

. We needed new plaster, and wanted to add some other things to our pool. I had talked with several companies on Angies List, but just did not find the right fit. I found Greg Musgrove, on You Tube under replaster his Co URL is www.poolsub.com. there are several videos on you tube. Friday 1/11, the pool was drained. Saturday am, five workers came early, and covered the pool with a large tarp, to keep plaster bits from flying out. Then they waterblasted the entire pool, about four hours. The rain started shortly, they left for the day. Monday am several men came, and immediately started removing all the old plaster in five gallon buckets. They also washed down the entire pool. That afternoon, another man came and worked on a spa motor that had quit, and a couple of other things. Wednesday, one of the men regrouted the old tile as well as replaced c very few that had been knocked off. Tuesday, all of the prep work was finished, Wednesday, it was too cold to plaster, Greg came by and looked everything over with me. Thursday, about 7:15, six or eight men were here to do the plaster. I had to go to DFW airport, and when I returned about 10:30. they had just finished the plaster.Two or three hours later all the plaster had been finished. We put two hoses in about 4PM yesterday, and the pool was ful about 6Am. I think our pooll is about 26,000 Gallons. This noon, they started the pump, cleaned the water, started checking the water content, They will monitor this thru the first of the week. We are very pleased with the work, our pool looks GREAT. I sm so pleased we used G&B for this job, and will certainly use them in the future, should we have occasion to. The phone number I have for them is 972 906 0142.

Description of Work
Excellent Pool Replaster, and additions Quality work, Fast Efficient

Category plastering, swimming pools

12/31/2012

Scott W.

The project went very well from start to finish with the exception of the final deck sealer. The color we chose off the color board did not match. After several different attempts to get the color we wanted, a new color board was brought out and it showed that our selected color was not on it. Instead we tried a different color and lo and behold, it was correct. Lesson to be learned is don't trust the color board. Have the contractor apply several different samples, then pick the one you want. Do not pay attention if they say it will dry darker - NOT. The delay in getting the color we contracted for was the only real blemish. The project took over two months to complete whcih was way too long. But in the end, it looks fantastic and the pool and decking are resort quality. During the Hydro-Demo process of removing the plaster, do not go outside without ear protection - this is incredibly loud. During the filling portion of the project, make sure you are home, and read the instuctions from the National Plaster's Council as to what to do and prepare for while the poll is re-filling.

Description of Work
I used G&B for a complete remodel of my pool. Serivces included plaster, coping and tile removal. Removal of an old diving board, which required cutting out the concrete deck and repouring a new slab in this area. Reconstruction of the pool's electrical system - upgraded the system to a higher voltage, added a digital time clock and freezeguard plus added a new LED poollight with remote control. Added an automatic chlorinator. Removed the skimmer and replaced it with a new one. Renovated the pool decking with new concrete overlay and new expansion joints. The plaster was removed via a Hydro-Demo process, whcih takes all of the old plaster off, down to the gunite. This way, no voids are left and the plaster surface is just like new when completed. The new pool plaster is Gemstone Sparkle Quartz (Glacier Blue) instead of regular plaster. New tile and Oklahoma Flagstone as the coping material. The old deck was a Kooldeck and it was refinihshed with a new concrete overlay, then sealed. We also switched out the pool cleaner from a Polaris to a Legend Platinum. Works great and better than the Polaris. It is a brand new pool and surface area. Should last for another 15 years or so.