Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Altoona, PA
There are 0 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Altoona
- PRISTOW'S SALES & SVC INCarranged pick up was relatively quick considering time of year, preformed all required serviced, returned tractor looking better than when they took it. Tractor stared easily and cut nicely
- VELOCITY CYCLESI had a very good experience. Everything was done properly as far as I know. They gave me a time, I showed up, they did it at the scheduled time. I didn't have any problems. When the bike came out everything was fine.
- Johnston Auto RepairLes provided a good service for a fair price. He took me in on short notice and got the job done quickly. He is one of the best mechanics in the area. I highly recommend him. He has provided years of service to my family members and while he may not be the fastest, he gets the job done right the first time
- Miller's Small Engine RepairWhen I initially attempted to start my lawn tractor for the first time this season, it would not start. Thinking the battery was weak, I charged the battery and tried again ... still, it would not start. I decided to call Miller's small engine repair. I needed someone to either fix the mower onsite -or- come out pick it up and take it in for the repair. Miller's will do either or both. Will came out and upon initial inspection told me he thought the engine had seized. This would require a VERY expensive fix, however, he wanted to take it in and give it a try before I made a final decision. An hour later, Will called to say he got it running. Mice had completely bound the starter with their nest and after cleaning it out the mower started and ran okay. I then had them do the complete maintenance work that I normally do (oil & filter change, spark plugs etc., etc., etc..) all for a reasonable price. The tractor was returned running like new and cleaned beautifully. My 6 year old machine looked like it was just delivered new. Pick up and delivery is free to Couderport customers, but since I live about 15 miles away I paid $20 for the service. Basically this covers the gas for two trips out. Overall, I was very pleased and will definitely use Miller's services again when needed
- TL Adams LLCHe is a local man, and his name is Tracy Adams. What we love about him is that he comes and picks it up, takes it back to his workshop, and does it right. He’s not cheap. I even had an emergency service where he sent the lawn mower and a person to help me out, because I’m too dumb to fix it myself. I broke a belt, and I went and bought the belt, but I couldn’t get it on. So I had to call him, he sent somebody over and got it done. It wasn’t cheap either, but it was the same day, then I went out and finished my lawn, and there’s a lot to be said for that
- Forrester Farm Equipment LtdThey are pretty awesome I believe they have been in business 30 or 40 years. The first time we went up there they were closed and they came out and gave us the key and told us to go ahead and try it out. We bought a $35,000 tractor from them.
- Miller's Small Engine RepairLawn tractor wouldn't start and when it did the transmission would put the vehicle into reverse improperly. Will Miller fixed it and runs now like new. On another occasion mice created a nest over the Winter and the tractor couldn't be started. Will came out, took the tractor in and fixed the problem. The lawn tractor was returned, all cleared up, and it ran great. Will Miller has demonstrated high expertise in engine repair and knowledge of my equipment but most importantly real honesty regarding the cost of repair. A great combination for a successful business
- NOLT'S ENGINE SVCThey are local. I would go to them every day if I needed to. They are good people. I have used them for 13 years.
- Mobile Mower ServiceTimothy is very knowledgeable in his ability to repair lawn mowers. He is very trustworthy and has excellent prices which is why I have been using him for over 5 years.
- RAY'S LAWN MOWER SALES & SVCRays picked the equipment up when they were in the area (I had told them I was in no hurry). They called two days before, so I had the equip outside for pick up. It was gone when I got home from work. They called once when they were doing the rider to ask if all I really wanted done was the deck belt. ( It apparently needed some welding. It is well over 15 years old so anything is possible! They called two days before to let me know that they were ready to deliver. I tried all of the equip out and they run fine, No snow to test the blower. Even the frozen pulley worked better. Overall I am a very happy consumer. :
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Altoona
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:I had a scheduled appointment from between 8 am and 5 pm. I drove 60 miles to be at a secondary residence for this repair. At 1:30 pm, after being told by out of the country call center that tech would be at my house between 2:30 and 3:30 pm, I received a text that my appointment was canceled because the technician was too busy, but could come tomorrow! I would never use this service again! Absolutely the worst! No repair and awful customer serviceCharlynn B.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Carns Equipment Powersports -- Polaris, Arctic Cat, Kawasaki, Alcom Trailers **Full service dealer - sales, service & parts. Carns Equipment Lawn & Garden -- Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Troy Bilt, Yanmar **Full service dealer - sales, service & parts. We are a full line dealer for all of our manufacturers, offering the whole spectrum of products. A Customer is able to pay with cash, check, credit card or finance through a number of local & national banks. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Disc..Recent Review:They came and pick up my UTV and took it to their shop and went over the whole unit and replace what needed replace. They fix the gear shifter that another company broke and replace the choke that the other company said they replace as well the clutch that the other company said they replace and fix. They had it for bout a week and half due to ordering parts and installing them on the unit and brought it back compare 4 month at other place also they called and check up on the unit to make sure it all working also they were very friendly and very knowledgeable on what they were doing and talking about Thank You Carns <br /Robert S.
- Business Description:I have 2 Certificats in Small Engine Repair I have been doing this type of work all of my life. I also went to school for Auto Mechanics
- Business Description:I have closed my outdoor power business. Thanks for 20 years of joyous bliss.Recent Review:He is a local man, and his name is Tracy Adams. What we love about him is that he comes and picks it up, takes it back to his workshop, and does it right. He’s not cheap. I even had an emergency service where he sent the lawn mower and a person to help me out, because I’m too dumb to fix it myself. I broke a belt, and I went and bought the belt, but I couldn’t get it on. So I had to call him, he sent somebody over and got it done. It wasn’t cheap either, but it was the same day, then I went out and finished my lawn, and there’s a lot to be said for thatCarol R.
- Business Description:Forrester Farm Equipment has been serving the Chambersburg and surrounding areas with top of the line farm equipment for over 38 years! We have a top notch Service and Parts Department that can get any part you are looking for and we have New Holland trained technicians for any service needs. - Sales - Parts (We Deliver!) - Service (New Holland trained technicians) We have been the area's most trusted supplier and Authorized New Holland dealer since 1976. Visit us online. Call TodayRecent Review:They are pretty awesome I believe they have been in business 30 or 40 years. The first time we went up there they were closed and they came out and gave us the key and told us to go ahead and try it out. We bought a $35,000 tractor from themMike K.
- Business Description:We keep your equipment running like new! Our repair services Include:Mowers, Small Engine, Push Mower, Riding Mower, Chain Saw, Snow Blower, Weed Trimmer, Lawn Edgers,Log Splitter, and Leaf Blowers. We also work on Electric models
- Business Description:Gas engines, Subaru engines, Certified Honda engines, 2 cycle & 4 cycle Certified, Master Service Center for Poulan, Ridgid & Ryobi battery equipment, lawn & garden equipment, Campbell Hausfeld, Pressure washers, , Chain saw chain sharpened. Call for appointment
- Business Description:I am a small business I am great with cutting and managing your lawns I have been doing this for 10 years
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Roaring Spring
- East Freedom
lawn mower repair shops in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- CARNS EQUIPMENT LLC14357 Clearfield Shawville Hwy
- CARNS EQUIPMENT LLC
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Forrester Farm Equipment Ltd1475 Orchard Rd
- Forrester Farm Equipment Ltd
- Petrunaks Lawn Equipmet Service and Repair23 Statler Rd
- Petrunaks Lawn Equipmet Service and Repair
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Small Engine ClinicPO Box 393 1854 Penn Ave
- Small Engine Clinic
- T2C Small Engine Repair1407 North Center Ave
- T2C Small Engine Repair