What are the best appliance colors and finishes? Read this guide for a round-up of classics and newer choices. You’ll learn the pros and cons of various options for your fridge, stove, oven, range, dishwasher, and washer and dryer.
Get matched with top exterior painters in Altoona, PA
There are 8 highly-rated local exterior painters.
Recent House Painting Reviews in Altoona
- Bernie Petras PaintingBernie does a great job. Thorough and attentive to details. He has done both interior and exterior painting and also he replaced our porch and deck railings. We have always been pleased with his work and would recommend.
- Bernie Petras PaintingBernie has done many projects for me including painting interior garage, entire first floor, exterior door/shutters. I always call him for additional jobs. Very conscientious abd meticulous work!
- Personal Painting CompanyI loved working with him, he understand, clean, very friendly, finished the job on time. A very excellent work, cant complain.
- Kosta Painting & Refinishing LLCDimitrious and Matt serviced my home and they were excellent! They washed everything down in half a day and then returned to complete the painting in one day on my house, detached two-car garage and storage shed. Everything looks amazing!!! They were excellent, and I couldn't be happier with the work they did. They were prompt, courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, very professional and did everything they could to make sure I was satisfied with the job. They did not disappoint and I would very highly recommend them read less
- U Pick Pro PaintingU Pick Pro Painting did an amazing job painting our deck. Our deck was a peeling mess. They power washed, sanded it and applied 2 coats of paint. They even replaced one of the boards that was rotting. Looks like new. They were very professional, friendly, and cleaned up thoroughly when they were finished. Recommend them to anyone who is looking for someone to do painting. We will definitely use them again read less
- Fahringers home services & landscaping On or about July 22nd-- I consulted Angie's List referral service to obtain miscellaneous handyman services for my Mother’s home at 1820 Alder Way, Hazle Township, PA. (I am sure that your records contain the items that were requested in the original scope of work.) We received a referral for Fahringer’s Home Services and Landscaping. I viewed the referenced company on your website. It had an “A” grade rating along with many positive reviews. This gave me comfort based on my respect for Angie’s List. (Note: I reside in Florida and put my trust in your service.) July 23rd to July 27th-- Mr. Ron Fahringer phoned me on July 23rd. Over the following days, we corresponded via email and phone re: the scope of work. We finally agreed on the scope of work and that he was to begin the project on August 10th. (Please see the email chain below.) August 10th to 11th --Regretfully, Fahringer was a no-show on the 10th. Mr. Fahringer sent me an email the next morning in which he apologized and stated that he would being the work on August 12th. August 12th to 13th--Fahringer worked on the project. On the evening of the 13th, Mr. Fahringer submitted an invoice for payment to my Mother for $1,700. My Mother being a trusting senior citizen (Note: My Mother is 89 years old and does not leave the interior of her home after sunset) gave Mr. Fahringer a check for $1,700 that evening as he requested. August 14th--When it was light, she inspected the work. One of the first things that she noticed were areas that were skipped in the staining process; the outside (storm) basement window was missing and tape had been applied to the window; the tree limb was not cut; the area around the house numbers on the door was not painted; etc. That afternoon, I emailed Mr. Fahringer. (Please see the email chain below.) August 22nd--I texted Mr. Fahringer re: the lack of response to my August 14th email. He did text me back; however, I did not see his text until the next morning. Knowing that he is busy doing other jobs, I requested the best time to phone him. September 4th--Not hearing from Mr. Fahringer, I texted him requesting a response to my August 14th email. Mr. Fahringer did respond to my text immediately and we discussed the August 14th email. I asked him to return to my Mother’s residence and address the items that needed his attention. He responded that he would be in Maryland the following week, but that he would visit my Mother on September 21st. I also asked him to send me photos of the storm window that he removed. September 6th-- Received the pictures of the window that was removed. Upon review, I inquired if another window could be fabricated or purchased as a stock item? To date, no response. September 23rd--I sent Mr. Fahringer a text to remind him that he was scheduled to visit my Mother’s residence on the 21st. To this date, September 30th-- Mr. Fahringer has not contacted either my Mother or me. In the meantime,. my Mother’s neighbor is quite concerned about pending damage to her home from the tree limb that Mr. Fahringer failed to remove. We will now have to find and hire another person to cut and remove the limb. It should be noted that Mr. Fahringer expressed his interest to me concerning an used dehumidifier in the cellar. He asked me about it and I suggested that he offer a fair price to my Mother. My Mother recalls that he carried the dehumidifier out of the cellar without any monetary offering. (She stated that she was under the impression that I previously negotiated the price with him.) Also, there appears to be two items of door hardware missing that were in the cellar prior to his visit. As stated previously, Fahringer’s Home Services and Landscaping had a “A” grade rating on the Angie’s List website and many positive reviews. That was the basis of our decision to hire Fahringers Home Services and Landscaping. Therefore, I am requesting Angie’s List assistance to resolve this situation. Thank you, Tom Hornack EMAIL CHAIN: From: Tom Hornack [mailto:email@example.com] Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 1:32 PM To: Ron Fahringer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Good Afternoon, Ron. I trust that you had a good week. I realize that you are busy, but I have been waiting since August 14th for your response. Please respond. If I do not hear from you prior to Monday, September 7th, I will be compelled to contact Angie’s List and discuss the matter with them. Looking forward to talking with you, Tom (The above message sent both by email and text.) From: Tom Hornack [mailto:email@example.com] Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 1:32 PM To: Ron Fahringer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Cc: Nellie's Grandpad Subject: FW: Moms house Good Afternoon, Ron. Thank you for the additional work that you did for my Mother such as installing the two smoke alarms. This afternoon, she advised me that she is pleased with most of the work. However, my Mother advised me that you apparently forgot to: paint the closet ceilings as indicated in your July 26th email below cut and remove the dead branch on tree on edge of property as requested in my July 27th email below. My Mother also advised me that she declined your suggestion to add additional new stones around the shrubs that currently have stones. As described in my July 27th email below, the existing stones were to be reworked. She advised that she requested that you rake-away the exiting stones, possibly lay fabric ground cover, and then relocated the existing stones back under the shrubs, She recalled that you verbally agreed to this procedure. Finally, my Mother is not satisfied with the trimming of the evergreens. She recalls that she asked you to remove the bottom branches up to about 6 inches and then remove any debris under the evergreens. Please advise me when you will be able to return to my Mother’s residence to address the above. Thank you, Tom God bless and stay safe! From: Tom Hornack [mailto:email@example.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 3:24 PM To: 'Ron Fahringer' Subject: RE: Moms house Thank you, Ron. For the future, please note that I am more readily accessible via text messaging. Tom From: Ron Fahringer [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 11:15 AM To: Tom Hornack Subject: Re: Moms house Good morning Tom sorry got a real late start I will be there tomorrow morning around 9 o’clock Sorry again Sent from my iPhone On Jul 31, 2020, at 2:13 PM, Ron Fahringer wrote: I can do aug 10 Sent from my iPhone On Jul 31, 2020, at 12:44 PM, Ron Fahringer wrote: Good afternoon Tom do you want to do it this Coming week Sent from my iPhone On Jul 27, 2020, at 2:48 PM, Ron Fahringer wrote: It does include prepping the decks. Replace window pane. Reworking stones. Hauling off debris. If you want all the sidewalks,driveway and garage floor power washed it would be an additional $200. She did not mention tree at property line but I will take care of that. As far as paint I will use behr paint unless you prefer something else Sent from my iPhone On Jul 27, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Tom Hornack wrote: Good Morning, Ron. Thank you for the quote below. Does the scope of work also include: Prepping and staining the deck rails, posts, and steps? Replacement of the broken pane in the cellar window? Reworking the stones under the shrubs? Removing a dead branch on tree on edge of property? Hauling-off the debris? Power wash the driveway and sidewalk? Will there be a additional cost to power wash the garage floor? What brand of paint will you use? What brand of stain will you use? If the project is approved by, let say, Thursday, when will you start? How many days to compete? Please advise. Thank you, Tom -----Original Message----- From: Ron Fahringer [mailto:email@example.com] Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:36 PM To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Moms house We Fahringer’s will repair gutters,paint front door rear door bilco door,power wash and stain decks, trim all shrubs,paint closet ceiling, replace missing pins in shutters. Price $1500.00 Ron Fahringe read less
- Zelenske PaintingIt went Great! Joel was very professional and particular about his work! We are very pleased with his services! We highly recommend Joel!
- Kosta Painting & Refinishing LLCDimitrios and Dave did a fantastic job painting our house. They were helpful and made sure that we were happy with the results through each step. They were conscientious about their work and left our yard and home neat and tidy when finished. In a time when I am hesitant to hire contractors because of so many scams and horror stories, I was thrilled to have such an excellent experience with Dimitrios and Dave read less
- Kosta Painting & Refinishing LLCThe job went great. Dimitrios and Dave were very considerate and professional in doing their job. I had Kosta paint for me about 15 years ago and would hire them again when it is time. I also got a 10 year warranty. Thanks Kosta for the best price and a job well done.
- Kosta Painting & Refinishing LLCRecommend you supervise the cleaning; I asked for bleach solution before pressure washing as we get a lot of soot and black mold. The pressure washing was fine on two sides, but after I left to mow grass the cleaner hit the logs too hard removing some finish down to bare wood. Kosta recovered when doing the staining (I supplied stain and log caulk) with very professional masking of all windows, both garage doors, lights and electric outlets followed by spray application of stain then back brushing. Multiple coats were applied to bare spots. Two coats were applied to the south (sun) facing side at my request. The painting crew was professional, respectful and diligent. Kosta sent 2 additional painters to complete the job, as promised, by dark. Mr. Kosta made sure my job was completed before we left on vacation, and he really takes care of his repeat customers (they stained my cabin in 2015). I recommend them to anyone needing painting or staining read less
House Painters in Altoona
- Business Description:Residential and Commercial painting and wallcovering. We use only highest quality products by Sherwin Williams.Recent Review:Coopers Seafood is a very unusual building. We have a lighthouse and a sailing ship. They came in like a swat team, totally prepared, totally professional, and were done in less that a week. Did extra work we needed and their price was so reasonable. Would use them again in a heartbeat! Great company! Paul Coope read lessPaul C.
- Business Description:Additional ph # (610)328-4446. Additional email: email@example.com. Mailing Address:Po Box 530 Ephrata PA 17522Recent Review:My initial contact with Leelands was 10 years ago. I really admired the work they had done on my neighbors house. I just couldn't afford slate repair or replacement at the time. The employees were always courteous and patient. Fast forward to May 2018, I had exhausted all the patching my roof could take. I contacted Leelands, Donna promptly scheduled Luke to come out for an estimate. Luke was on time and provided honest feedback. I recieved a Photo Report, Field Condition Report and Proposals a few weeks later. It took me a few more months to decide how to proceed. In October, Leelands sent Gabriel and Miguel to make the repairs. They were prompt, courteous and worked diligently to finish the job. After a rainy 2018, my roof is still leak free read lessTANYA L.
- Business Description:Finishers is a full service construction company. We do it all ! Nice crew size that is fully capable of completing project dead lines. FOLLOW WEBSITE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS.Recent Review:I would 100% recommend Finishers to my friends and family. Answered on first call and was able to come put to give me an estimate within only a few days which was extremely important due to time constraints for the loan and closing. Was very thorough and explained everything to me in a way I could understand. Estimates were extremely affordable and went above and beyond to find the cheapest route for me while making sure repairs are done correctly read lessSarah T.
- Business Description:Call with your problem and I’ll help you with a solution. Most Interior and exterior services provided. Whole home remodels, down to replacing your lightbulbs, we can help with it all.Recent Review:Adam did a great job with all installations and repairs required of him. He was knowledgeable, professional and willing to do what ever he was asked to install or repair. Offered different options on how to do each item listed. I was very pleased with his work and wouldn't hesitate recommending Adam's work read lessFlo M.
- Business Description:Dedicated to excellence. Proven customer satisfaction. We do residential interior painting, and we do it well! Whether you're selling your home and want to get the most return on investment, or if you want to revitalize your current residence, we know what it takes to paint your perfect picture read lessRecent Review:The job was absolutely rushed thru. Drip marks, paint on the curtain rods, visible nail holes, nails left in and painted over, a streak in back of the tv which was a completely different paint. I asked for 2 coats of satin on the walls and one coat on the ceiling. The walls look like flat paint and ceiling doesn’t even look like it was done! When I called Matt to come back over, he never even pulled the TV out and hand brushed the steak in back of the TV and it looks horrible. He told me everything I wanted to hear before hiring them. Would NOT hire them again. I feel very taken advantage of read lessSandy O.
- Business Description:PaintingRecent Review:U Pick Pro Painting did an amazing job painting our deck. Our deck was a peeling mess. They power washed, sanded it and applied 2 coats of paint. They even replaced one of the boards that was rotting. Looks like new. They were very professional, friendly, and cleaned up thoroughly when they were finished. Recommend them to anyone who is looking for someone to do painting. We will definitely use them again read lessLinda H.
- Business Description:Payment Methods Include: Cash; Check; PayPalRecent Review:Great! Dave was prompt, efficient & priced well. Called & did work as promised. Detail oriented-did not ‘pad’ the work. Worked in blistering heat!Kathleen C.
- Business Description:Whether you’re looking for residential renovations or commercial construction in Centre County, when you’re in need of a general contractor you want to find a company that’s able to provide you with the complete package so that they can fulfill all of your project’s requirements. We are a full service general contractor that works hard to make sure that we do a great job for you while providing you with excellent service and an affordable price. We are committed to the idea of satisfying our .. read lessRecent Review:He is very reliable and very professional, perfectionist, dependable, his work is highly recommendedThomas S.
- Business Description:Randy Morrison Construction (814)771-8538 Full service construction company. Fair prices. Quality workRecent Review:We are very happy with the work done. They were on the job by 7:00 am everyday. Shrubbery and landscaping were covered and all shingles torn off went into a truck. They cleaned up the area after every workday. We were told in advance of work that when temperatures on the roof got to hot they would stop work so as not to damage any of new shingles they were putting on. The workers were very polite and friendly and seemed to enjoy working with each other. When Randy Morrison had to leave the job to pick up materials he always informed us where he was going and why, as a matter of fact he kept us informed on every aspect of the job from beginning to end. He also put a roof on my mothers house in the spring and it looked so good We actually picked the same exact shingle. We can honestly say the roof looks great and would hire Morrison again. You can’t beat a contractor who does what he says he is going to do and do it with honesty and professionalism read lessMark K.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computer read lessRecent Review:One hour to set up a 32 " TV and sound bar. We are now using 3 remotes to operate TV. Kept asking questions. Second hour was the Harmony remote. First he did not bring computer. Had to use ours. Kept asking questions. He did not connect all of our equipment, we need to get someone else to correct what he did. Our last remote programming was done in 20 minutes. Plus during this covid time, he had to use bathroom read lessJeanne & Temple B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful house painter articles
If your metal railings could use a makeover, wrought iron paint can make them look new again. It’s a simple, budget-friendly project you can complete in less than a weekend. Here’s how to prep and paint your wrought iron railings in five steps.
The cost to paint the exterior of a house depends on many factors, like where you live, the house’s overall condition, its size and layout. This guide will help you determine a budget for your exterior house painting project, whether you DIY or hire a pro
Find exterior painters in
- Roaring Spring
- East Freedom
exterior painters in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 5 Star Handyman & Maintenance Service371 Oakwood Ave
State College, Pennsylvania
- 5 Star Handyman & Maintenance Service
- A - OK PaintingPO Box 514
- Aaronson Repairs & Improvements LLC110 Arandale St
- Absolute Painting493 2nd st.
- AJ Mercer Painting697 Loop Rd
- AMERICAN PRIDE PAINTING848 26th St
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- Artisan Contracting of West New York300 Catlin Ave
Port Allegany, Pennsylvania
- A - OK Painting
- B&B Services212 President Village Rd
- B&L Painting & Home Interiors129 Weidner Street
- BadDad construction1421 2nd ave
- Blastmaster Surface Restoration, Inc.1141 W. Portersville Rd
- Brad & Ted's Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing1923 14th Ave
- BRAD GORDON WATERPROOFING AND GENERAL CONTRACTOR1814 BLACK OAK ROAD
- Brothers Home RepairPO BOX 204
- B&B Services
- Finishers LLCP.O Box 71
- Flaugh's Construction and DesignP.O. Box 94
East Freedom, Pennsylvania
- Flood City Handyman406 Sell St
- Fresh Coat Painters of Altoona104 Paul Street, Suite 1
- Furio Remodeling1808 11th Street
- Finishers LLC
- H2Pro Restorations243 Mine Bank Rd
- Haldeman's Construction6250 Rock Hill Rd
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Dans300 Hite Lane
- Handy Helpers Remodeling308 West 5th Avenue
- HandyMan Howdy135 N 4 th St
- Hardy Construction17 West Catawissa St
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- H2Pro Restorations
- Lang & Son's Construction2474 Everett Rd
East Freedom, Pennsylvania
- LATTIERI'S PAINTING2503 W CHESTNUT AVE
- Leelands Slate Roof Repair101 N. Carroll Street
- Lewis Painting213 Russell St
- Lowry's Restoration Services2024 2nd street
- LR Roofing Systems, LLC1115 Salemville Rd
New Enterprise, Pennsylvania
- Lang & Son's Construction
- M & R Remodeling140 Whites Creek Road
- M&M Management and Acquisitions Inc1504 Washington Ave
- Mathews Contracting407 Hickory Street
- Matula's Mobile Wash670 Bedford Street
- MDG Construction622 Morningside Ave
- Mihalko's General Contracting Inc695 Solomon Run Rd
- Mike Mummey ConstructionPO box 44
- MoistureTech Consulting940 Juliana Street
Parkersburg, West Virginia
- M & R Remodeling
- New Walk Property Services1540 Reservoir Road
- New Walk Property Services
- P&W Remodeling217 E Ave
Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
- PA Painting and Wallcovering, Inc.124 Legion Rd
- Pender Construction2614 broad avenue
- Pleasant Valley Maintenance1109 South 8th St
- Pleasant Valley Maintenance1109 S 8th St
- P&W Remodeling
- S and B Remodel6591 Route 120
- Scott's Painting and Handyman Services, LLC411 S Dartmouth Ln
- Signature Construction3521 Somerset Pike
- Stella Management SystemsPO Box 819
- Stephen H Bennett Jr420 River Rd
- Sunburst Painting and Papering2514 Old Sixth Ave Rd
- S and B Remodel
- Wambold's Home Improvements176 Laurel Lake Road
- Weaver Painting & Coatings, Inc.107 Young Lane
- Wilson painting
- Window World of Altoona114 Vision Drive
- WolfBros Painting116 Willow Bend Dr
- Wambold's Home Improvements