Home ice makers are a handy way to ensure that you always have ice on hand. We’ll cover when and why ice makers break down, along with what you can do to fix them.
Get matched with top appliance repair services in Altoona, PA
There are 7 highly-rated local appliance repair services.
Recent Appliance Repair Reviews in Altoona
- Tyler Masucci's Appliance RepairTyler and his brother Cory were punctual, both came in wearing face masks and put shoe coverings on at door . Very friendly, great service and got our refrigerator repaired. We would definitely use their services again and highly recommend them for appliance repairs !!! Thank you for your great work read less
- THOMAS APPLIANCE REPAIRMr Thomas was prompt and did a fantastic job, he only took about 10 min to fix the issue and had it up and going again. Very fair prices and excellent customer service. Will definitely use Thomas Appliance Repair again
- Neli Virtual Appliance RepairUnfortunately I will need to have someone come in and do the repair because it is part of closed refrigerant system. We used a new app that they had not used before so there was a little to get it working correctly however, once we got it to work, everything went great. Scott was very knowledgeable, professional, and personable. To use this service you need to have a few tools and be willing to do the work but the price can't be beat and the service I received from Scott couldn't have been better read less
- Platinum Factory ServiceThe tech called before arriving but we did not catch the call. We tried calling back within 5 min, but he left no call back number. We then called customer service got treated very rudely the first time. The second time we called, after being on hold for over half an hour, I talked to a much nicer customer service rep but all to no avail. We have been living out of a cooler for a week and it will continue read less
- Neli Virtual Appliance RepairWent okay except for the video/voice application. Had to use one link for the video and phone for voice. I don’t have good reception in some parts of the house, so the connection kept dropping. They should upgrade to a different application which uses ALL WiFi.
- Ramer Mechanical LLCWe ordered a cooktop online. When it was delivered, we called Harvey to install it. He was responsive, personable, and professional, and we'll call him for our next installation.
- Roger's Appliance PartsI looked up Roger on Angies List. I described my problem with the oven in my Jenair range. He took the information on the problem and the model number of my range and asked if he could call me back. He called back within a few minutes and described what parts he thought I needed and what the total cost would be. I am located pretty far from him and didn't have the error code that appeared when my oven had trouble so we agreed I would get that information and call a person he recommended who was much closer to me. All in all a perfect outcome from my point of view....and if I could get him to come to me I would do it in a minute. read less
- Sears Appliance RepairRepairman very personable and diagnosed problem immediately. Repair was done to our satisfaction & yes would definitely call them again if the need arises. I always buy Kenmore & have in the past required their assistance, always on time & repair done right even though this is a very old appliance. Warranty way out of date so I was made aware of a charge read less
- Sears Appliance RepairServiceman was on time, polite, quick and efficient. However, it cost $89 to have him pull into my driveway. I told him that I Googled the problem and knew what needed to be done. He looked up the model number, confirmed what I told him, went out to his truck, got the part, opened the box, pulled the old one and inserted the new, turned machine on to make sure it was working properly - this "labor" cost me another $96. Total labor was $156.88, total parts was $82.39. This is with a 20% off coupon. He was at my house about or under 30 minutes and my total bill was $239.27. I called Sears to question the $96 charge and was told that it was correct. Then I told Sears that I would never call them again because I think this is taking advantage of the consumer read less
- Sears Appliance RepairHe had one in his van, we used a voucher from Sears that I found online as a percentage off, which worked very well. Was informed at all times on what was wrong with dryer and what was needed to repair it
Appliance Repair Experts in Altoona
- Business Description:Operate 24/7 for emergency service to repair your heating, cooling and water heating equipment, Specialize in Installation, Service Repairs & Maintenance. Also perform Energy Audits & Duct Cleaning. We Service All Makes & Models of your HVAC Equipment that are Natural Gas, Electric, Propane or Oil. Call us today at 1-877-844-4822 read lessRecent Review:No one ever called me to arrange to install the gas line.David M.
- Business Description:Major appliances repairedRecent Review:I called him in the morning. He answered the phone. We talked. He called me back 15 minutes later and gave me a time to expect him. He said between 1-2. He came around 12:55. He zeroed right in on the problem and fixed it within the half hour. Very nice and helpful read lessTheresa S.
- Business Description:At Tyler's Appliance Repair we service all different makes and models of appliances. Our main goal is to deliver quick, honest and dependable service while treating each customer like family. We stock an extensive inventory of parts for all major brands, and can order special item parts usually within 24 hours. We are fully insured and maintain up-to-date training on all appliances such as front load washers and all high machines. We look forward to keeping your appliances up and running read lessRecent Review:Tyler and his brother Cory were punctual, both came in wearing face masks and put shoe coverings on at door . Very friendly, great service and got our refrigerator repaired. We would definitely use their services again and highly recommend them for appliance repairs !!! Thank you for your great work read lessDeb R.
- Business Description:Our many years of repairs and installation has allowed us to keep our over head low and pass the savings on to you, our customer. 10% Discount for veterans seniors and people with disabilities.Recent Review:My mom's furnace was making a loud noise. Called Affordable Heating & Cooling on Saturday morning, and Dan came out within the hour. He found it was a draft inducer bearing going bad, but the furnace was still working, so he fixed it to be quieter over the weekend until he could order the part. Came back on Tuesday to replace the part, and it's been quiet and fine since. Highly recommended read lessElizabeth H.
- Business Description:Call with your problem and I’ll help you with a solution. Most Interior and exterior services provided. Whole home remodels, down to replacing your lightbulbs, we can help with it all.Recent Review:Adam did a great job with all installations and repairs required of him. He was knowledgeable, professional and willing to do what ever he was asked to install or repair. Offered different options on how to do each item listed. I was very pleased with his work and wouldn't hesitate recommending Adam's work read lessFlo M.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommended read lessWalter L.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc.. read lessRecent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a.. read lessRecent Review:I had a scheduled appointment from between 8 am and 5 pm. I drove 60 miles to be at a secondary residence for this repair. At 1:30 pm, after being told by out of the country call center that tech would be at my house between 2:30 and 3:30 pm, I received a text that my appointment was canceled because the technician was too busy, but could come tomorrow! I would never use this service again! Absolutely the worst! No repair and awful customer service read lessCharlynn B.
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.co read lessRecent Review:Worked great. Good price, fast shipping. Fit like a charm.Alan T.
- Business Description:C&R Service Solutions, LLC, servicing the entire continental United States, including Alaska, has the nations leading comprehensive, customer service oriented, appliance delivery and installation sub contractor network. Upon receiving your request for Appliance installation services, C&R will deploy a professional, insured, appliance installation professional to your service location to complete services requested. Upon receiving your call, C&R will ask specific questions related to your situ.. read lessRecent Review:American Home Shield (AHS) warranty is replacing my broken microwave with a new one. I received the new microwave on 11/11/2020 and notified AHS it was in my possession. Part of the warranty contract includes the installation of the new microwave. AHS typically assigns contractors themselves. However, this time AHS contracted with C & R Services with a dispatch number on 11/13/2020 for C & R to assign a local contractor to do the install. After two weeks of waiting and not being contacted by C & R or a contractor, I called C & R to follow up on the status. They said it would be 1 to 2 weeks from the date they received the dispatch from AHS. I informed them it had been 2 weeks in which they replied that it would be another 2 weeks. As of today, 12/11/2020, 4 weeks from the date C & R received the dispatch, I have not been contacted by C & R or a contractor. C & R's lack of communication and customer service is absurd. AHS informed me that they do not have any authority over C & R read lessBritt J.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful appliance repair articles
Certain items should never be placed in the dishwasher, as doing so can harm both the item itself and the dishwasher, as well as inhibit the cleaning process for the rest of your dishes.
Your gas oven might not heat up for various reasons, such as problems with the circuit breaker, igniter, or gas supply. You can troubleshoot to figure out why your gas oven won’t heat up, but you may need to reach out to a professional.
Find appliance repair services in
- Roaring Spring
- East Freedom
appliance repair services in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Affordable Heating & Cooling880 Rte 481
- Alaska Stove3162 Columbus Blvd
- Altoona Soft Water445 S. Logan Blvd.
- American Home Guard Home Warranty1515 Market St Ste 1200
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Affordable Heating & Cooling
- DANIEL MC CONNELL APPLIANCE1315 2ND ST
- DANIEL MC CONNELL APPLIANCE
- Energy Technologies Inc591 N Hunter Hwy
- Energy Technologies Inc
- Friedhaber's Appliance14 E 1st St
Oil City, Pennsylvania
- Friedhaber's Appliance
- Geek Squad - Best Buy1721 OSGOOD DR
- Geek Squad - Best Buy115 LYCOMING MALL CIR
- Geek Squad - Best Buy430 Town Centre Dr
- Geek Squad - Best Buy110 Marketplace Blvd
- Geek Squad - Best Buy1650 N ATHERTON ST
State College, Pennsylvania
- Geek Squad - Best Buy
- IT Tech Force, Inc62 Dallas Village Shopping Ctr #220
- IT Tech Force, Inc
- K&D Factory Service Inc.1913 E Pleasant Valley Blvd
- K&D Factory Service Inc.
- Scott's Painting and Handyman Services, LLC411 S Dartmouth Ln
- Scott's Painting and Handyman Services, LLC