Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Solon, OH
There are 64 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Solon
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and Windows9/10 Mark and crew are honest and communicate effectively Job had some bumps along the way but we never felt like we were getting the runaround
- Keselman Construction Group, IncOverall, we had a very good experience with the Kesselman group. We are so pleased with the walk-in-closet and master bathroom remodel on our 2nd floor and the craftsmanship has held up very well so far. While definitely not the least expense option when it came to contractors/builder teams, we are really happy we ended up going with them. They were considerate, cleaned up nicely after the project was done, and seemed to contact out to quality services. We would higher them again if we were ever to do another addition
- Keselman Construction Group, IncKeselman did an amazing job of doubling the square footage of my bathroom while updating the classic look of a 1920's era cape code home.
- Keselman Construction Group, IncI had a wonderful experience with Keselman. They remodeled my basement, kitchen and main bathroom. I worked with their designer Jessica, to pick out the layout for my kitchen, cabinets, countertops, flooring and fixtures. She was helpful and a pleasure. All of the workers that were onsite were professional and extremely trustworthy. The communication from my project manager Sergiy, was awesome. He would let me know each morning if they would be working and went over all the details with me. They were always willing to adjust the scope of work to add additional items I thought of as the project progressed. Also, if any mistakes were made they were quick to correct them and make it right. The final product looks amazing and I would highly recommend them
- A&W Home RepairAbe was outstanding. Work was done quickly and professional. Did everything that was promised. I would hire again for all my projects. Absolutely made the right decision hiring A & W Home Repair
- A&W Home RepairAbe did an excellent job! He is affordable, punctual, and cleaned up afterwards. He is very knowledgable on home repair, and I will definitely hire him again for future services!
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsI HAVE TO ADMIT I HAD SIGNED WITH ANOTHER COMPANY TO COMPLETE THE ROOFING JOB. GARY CAME AND TOOK A LOOK AT THE ROOF AND IN A FEW MINUTES CAME INSIDE AND MET WITH ME AND GAVE ME THE PRICE OF $4700 FOR 25 YEAR SHINGLES. I STATED THAT I WANTED 30 YEAR DIMENSIONAL SHINGLES, ESPECIALLY THE ENTIRE CERTAINTEED SYSTEM. HE NEXT QUOTED A PRICE OF $5050. THE CONTRACT I SIGNED EARLIER THAT DAY WAS FOR $9145. THANK GOD THERE IS A 3 DAY PERIOD TO CANCEL. I CANCELLED THE NEXT DAY WITH THAT COMPANY. GARY SAVED ME OVER $4000.00 DOLLARS. THE CREW WAS EXCELLENT AND DID THE JOB IN TWO DAYS. I HAVE SIDING ON MY HOUSE SO BECAUSE OF THE 3 LAYERS THERE WAS EXPOSED WOOD. THEY TOOK CARE OF THAT ALSO WITHOUT COST AND POINTED BOTH CHIMNEYS. THE OTHER ROOFING COMPANIES NEVER MENTIONED A PROBLEM WITH THE CHIMNEYS. ONCE IT WAS POINTED OUT TO ME, I SAW THAT THE MORTAR WAS MISSING AROUND THE BRICK. THE ADDITIONAL COST FOR ROTTEN WOOD REPLACEMENT WAS ONLY $85.00. I WILL DEFINITELY USED THEM AGAIN FOR WORK
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsThe roof over the garage storage area was completely rotted. I had gotten several estimates before I came across Home Exteriors on Angie's list. One company said I should tear off the structure completely because he didn't know how to address the roof problems (it was an addition to the garage). Gary was confident that they could replace the roof without any trouble. Additionally, I had three skylights that leaked for years. Gary said his company specialized in skylights. So he included the replacement of the skylights in the roof job. One of the skylights was completely rotted due to improper installation. Home exteriors replaced the damaged wood and cleaned up what they found..black mold! The roof had three layers which was torn off and replaced. I also had new gutters installed. Once Gary notified me the job was finished. I took a look around and found a few things I wanted changed...mostly due to aesthetics. I sent him pictures of the items I wanted changed. He said.."No problem" and first the thing next morning his crew was back on the job! They stayed until I was completely satisfied. The crew was hard working, accommodating and did an awesome job with the clean up afterwards. One night they worked in the dark! I highly recommend Home Exteriors. Gary is very easy to work with and his price was very good. Thanks for a great job Gary and crew! 8/28/14-Update-a week after my new roof was installed we had an extremely heavy rain. As I was sitting in my family room I heard the dreaded...drip..drip. Yes, the roof was leaking..UGH. It started in the corner then traveled the length of a beam (cathedral ceiling). I immediately sent Gary a text of what was happening. He promptly returned my call and sent two guys out to see what was the problem. They looked at the area and said it was a gutter problem. That it was not sloped correctly. They removed the gutter and did a water test, however, the roof still leaked. So the next day they sent out a crew and removed that section of shingles and repaired that area, plus they re-positioned the gutter. The area that leaked was an addition to the original structure. I did advise Home Exteriors when I obtained an estimate that I had that area repaired a few years back but that it still leaked on occasion, hence one of the reasons for getting a new roof. While they have always been VERY responsive, I felt that the quality of work was not an "A" rating and lower it to "C" average. I realize anyone can make a mistake and they were very apologetic. Unfortunately, now I am concerned about the overall workmanship of the job. There hasn't been a heavy rain since so I don't know if it will happen again.
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsMark had been out the house several times for a quote. He was the most sincere and kindest people when we asked him to come out repeatedly. We had discovered issue after issue as we were only wanting to get the house reproofed. It turned out that the house was not wrapped which led to a moisture issue. In dealing with correcting the reason with the mold, Mark provided a simple solution as to why the mold was there and what we could do to prevent if from happening again. Mark even provided us with a reference for mold remediation when he was completed with he job. The job that expanded into a siding job then rolled into a replacement of OSB wood paneling as the window trim had reduced the OSB originally. Mark came up with solutions to each hurdle we encountered and he didn't charge unfairly. He is in business to earn a living like anyone else, and we didn't feel he was unreasonable for what he charged. He was fair. He was honest. Not the cheapest, but reliable and reasonable
- Home Exteriors Roofing, Siding and WindowsMark Martinis came out & gave me a price that was acceptable. Job started a week earlier then expected which was great as company was coming from Florida. Tony Piazza stopped by the day before the job was to start and checked to make sure he was aware of all that I expected done and answered all my questions. The helper Terry was very efficient and pleasant also
Contractors in Solon
- Business Description:At Edwards Construction we specialize in wood framing Decks Metal framing Interior systems Drop ceilings Drywall Trim Tile Cabinets Doors interior and exterior Replacement windows There will never be any crazy gimmicks to get your business Whatever your job is rest assured that it will be done at an honest price and a timely manner. All estimates are obviously FREERecent Review:Excellent! Jack and his team were very accommodating and were able to fit several extra requested services in that were not planned for. We highly recommend Jack and his team.Michelle D.
- Business Description:The Final Coat, in Akron, OH, is the premier painting company serving Canton, Hudson, Bricksville, Medina and surrounding areas since 1984. We specialize in residential and commercial painting and carpentry services, power washing, roof coatings for sustainability and much more. For more information, contact The Final Coat in Akron.Recent Review:Great communication and work. Very happy with their service.Alex A.
- Business Description:Our team has over 20 years of construction, remodeling, and related experience in residential and light commercial projects. Additional DBA - Przbuilders.com. Additional Contact Name - Christopher Przela. Additional Email - Chrisprzela@gmail.comRecent Review:My wife and I were very impressed with Chris and his crew. We had a master bath added, wood floors refinished, porch railing fabricated and installed, basement windows replaced, closet added to guest room, office finished in basement, porch insulated, lighting added, replaced 2 exterior doors and full interior painted. Chris was professional and easy to work with. The workmanship was beautiful. We have and will recommend him to anyone looking for work on their homesMo L.
- Business Description:We can help you with all phases of your remodeling or home project no matter how big or small. Our goal is to provide you with professional, affordable, and enjoyable results. Through our many years of remodeling experience, we know what it takes to help turn our customers’ dreams into a reality. We are licensed, bonded, and insured and has trained installers. We take complete responsibility for your project, from initial consultation to finishing touches. Our employees are experienced and di..Recent Review:We had a great experience working with these guys. I'd recommend them to friends and family.Amanda B.
- Business Description:Hi my name is Robert Blunk. I have been a carpenter for 20 years. I served a four year apprenticeship and completed trade school through Tri-C. During my time as a carpenter I have been involved in all aspects of construction, but I have always gravitated towards, and excelled in finish work. I believe in craftsmanship and architectual order. I love my work and take enormous pride in every project I do. It would be a privilege to add something to your home that you will take pride in tooRecent Review:Perfect!!!! I would hire him again and again- in fact we have. He is a perfectionist and did above and beyond. No wonder he won best wood worker in Ohio competition for interior finishing skills. We had no trim and he made it look like it was there always this perfect trim. I will find before but the white trim is the after. You won’t be disappointeAngie D.
- Business Description:25 employees. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Free estimates to homeowners. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service. Established in 1994. Low employee turnover. Quality workmanship and Quality materials. Office - (440) 954-9525Recent Review:They have been excellent and great. No complaints at allBARBARA P.
- Business Description:Prior to founding Radiant Windows in 2001, my wife and I traveled around the country and different parts of the world designing windows, equipment, and factories for the window industry. We know windows. We are truly experts when it comes to helping people to make the right choices when deciding to purchase new windows and doors and all the little details that go with them and within their budgetRecent Review:It went great. The house stays warmer and cooler now and the porch will be a great 3 season space for us. The view is superb now that the old storm windows are gone. The only downside is the notice from the county tax assessor that they will be reviewing our homeJames L.
- Business Description:Full-Service interior remodeling company. Specializing in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens. In business since 1996.Recent Review:The team did an amazing job finishing our basement. The entire process as smooth and their work is fantastic. Their entire team was so professional and responsive to all of our questions. Couldn’t be happier with our new basementBrian J.
- Business Description:For an estimate request, please visit our website at: Tabpropertyenhancement.com and fill out the quote request form. We do not answer messages on Angie's List often so please visit our website. Please note that we only offer large scale Outdoor Living Area projects and Home Remodeling of Basements, Bathrooms and Kitchens. We do not offer maintenance & repair services or small handyman type services.Recent Review:Trace and his team did an awesome job. His crew was very professional and respectful of us and our property. The quality of workmanship was great. The structure looks as if it was part of the original house. Overall very happy with the work and experience and will definitely use this team for future workTim T.
- Business Description:Since 1986, Plaso construction has been successfully serving customers in 6 counties in northeast Ohio. Our 32 years of experience allows our company to partner with you to design and build your dream. Our mission is to complete each and every job to your satisfaction with the utmost quality and craftsmanship. We pride ourselves in creating a satisfied customer with every job we complete. We have finished thousands individual construction projects and have been a member of the better busine..Recent Review:From start to finish, Dan and Andrew Plaso could not have been more responsive and professional. Four homes in this area had trim blown off by a recent wind storm. All damage was similar. We all got quotes from other companies, but in the end we all decided to go with Plaso Contruction based upon their quick response, their lower quote and the manner in which they explained exactly what they would do, and how the result would be much higher quality than the original method of installation. The job was done a few days later, and the result was nothing short of outstanding. All of us could not have been happier. We highly recommend Plaso Construction. They are responsive, skilled, and honestDaniel H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Moreland Hills
- Hunting Valley
- Chagrin Falls
- Walton Hills
- Bedford Heights
- Maple Heights
- Highland Hills
- Warrensville Heights
- North Randall
- University Heights
- Shaker Heights
- Pepper Pike
general contractors in Solon
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & G Trucking17669 Pioneer Rd
- A A PAINTING & HANDYMAN SERVICES3363 W 30TH ST
- A Caspersen Company Inc.3473 Wyoga Lake Rd
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- A RELIABLE CONSTRUCTION SERVICES1467 Olivewood Ave
- A to Z Contractors14484 Bass Lake Rd
- A&D Propertry Maintenance9221 Darrow rd.
- A.P.K. Construction29024 Euclid ave.
- Above The Rest Home Improvements4608 e 131st st
- ABSOLUTE REPAIRS LLC15507 EDGEWOOD AVE
Maple Heights, Ohio
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio
- ACTION CUSTOM HOMES, INC38030 2ND ST
- Adambuilt LLC33941 Lorain Rd
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Adria Design156 Lear Rd
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Adrian's Home Remodeling, LLC1308 E.359th Street
- AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS L L C1128 OAKWOOD DR
- AILES CABINETRY & MILLWORKS2333 LAKE ROCKWELL RD
- Al's General Building Contractor LLC.1336 Cascade Cir W
- ALL AMERICAN DRYWALLP.O. Box 67201
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- All City Roofing And Construction, Inc.7967 Tilby Rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- ALL NATURAL LIGHTING SOLUTIONS4057 Clague Rd
North Olmsted, Ohio
- All Phase Construction9881 Beechwood Dr
North Royalton, Ohio
- All Phase Remodeling & Mechanicals, Inc.972 Nela View Rd
- All Pro Painting10239 Penniman Dr
- ALL TECH ELECTRIC LLC1080 BASSETT RD STE B
- All Weather Builders & Remodeling LLC3181 West 139th
- All-Star Contracting LLCPo Box 35522
- ALL-TERIOR CONSTRUCTION4150 LAMBERT RD
- ALLIANCE CARPENTRY321 E 248TH ST
- AllStyle Home Improvement5649 Opal St.
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Alston Craftsman Services
- American Building & Restoration / Americlean37233 Carleen Ave
- American Eagle Energy Conservation Services437 Florida Ave
- AMERICAN SHUTTER19199 Temple Have a wonderful day !
- Apollo Builders1179 Haverston Rd
- Approved Roof Systems IncPO Box 24791
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
- Arenesse Construction and Remodeling7534 mayfield rd
- ART'S REMODELING LLC8525 diagonal rd
- Athanas Builders & Alterations LLC3358 Livingston Ave
- Authentic Waterproofing Inc.1364 Canton Rd.
- A & G Trucking
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements6088 Pearl Road
Parma Hts, Ohio
- B. Legrand Design :: Build, Ltd.4065 Erie Street
- Baird Brothers Sawmill Inc7060 Crory Rd
- Baldini Remodeling6448 Claudia Dr
- Ball General Contractors393 Northeast Ave.
- Band of brothers restoration LLC7855 stone rd
- Barbera Home Improvement5376 Ridge Rd
- BeastMasters Home Improvement11911 Hamlen Ave
- Beautiful Home Contracting Ltd6100 Oak Tree Blvd #200
- Behory Remodeling15950 Richard Dr.
Brook Park, Ohio
- Bell Construction5138 State Rt 43
- Bella Remodeling857 Barlow Rd
- Bene Brothers1293 Donald Ave
- BENNETT HOME REPAIR LLC,1199 Sylvania Rd
- BEST BUY PAINTING1272 E 286TH ST
- Better Homes Home Improvement7426 Jumpers Crossing Ln
- Bill's Electric & General Contractors1889 Grasmere Ave
East Cleveland, Ohio
- Biltmore Exteriors2664 Cleveland Ave SW
- Birch Construction LLC14441 Whitney Rd
- BIXLER HOME IMPROVEMENT CO2117 MCKINLEY AVE
- BLOCH BUILDING INC1025 COLUMBIA RD
Valley City, Ohio
- Blueco Construction7300 Edgerton rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- BMJ Construction Inc15913 Sylvan Dr
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- Boers Construction13275 Hathaway Rd
Garfield Hts, Ohio
- Bolt Construction299 Greenview Dr
- Borchert's Enclosure System Inc13566 Ridge Rd
North Royalton, Ohio
- Bower Construction & Remodeling, LLCP.O. Box 40152
Bay Village, Ohio
- Brad Smith Roofing Co Inc24550 Sperry Dr Ste # 2
- Brandon James Building Inc2357 Rivers Edge Dr
- Branstein Construction Group6610 Ridgebury Blvd
- Britt Electrical Construction16001 Nelamere
- Brothers Building4920 Allison Ave
Lake Wales, Florida
- BUCCILLI CONTRACTING5362 HARLESTON DR
- Buckeye Exteriors LLC3071 Timberbrook Dr
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Built by Geo LLC3445 Brookdale Ave
- Bullington Builders4900 Ferndale Ave
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
- Burrington Construction Company1862 Drinik Dr.
- BUTCH KLIMEK ROOFING10701 DORMAE CT
- BWG Construction7715 Ridgefield Ave
- Byam's Home Improvement Inc.1746 9th St
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Bylers Construction Solutions LLC
- B&K's Quality Home Improvements
- C and S Service5401 DARTMOUTH
- C&B CONSTRUCTION CO.#1 LTD17325 EUCLID Avenue
- C&G Contracting22351 Fairlawn Circle
Fairview Park, Ohio
- c. calhoun construction and custom interiors636 Hill St
- Cadillac Walls1184 Plainfield Rd
- CALDWELL CO LLC526 South Main Street 211
- Capps Enterprises1371 W 114th St
- Caraballo Custom Home Inc2998 Alden Dr
- Carano Environmental Service Inc1055 W Bath Rd
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Carpentry DOC Ltd5195 Columbia Rd
- Carrara Construction3774 Congress Pkwy
- Cass Development LLC20941 Westport Ave.
- CC Contracting24850 Aurora Rd Ste E
- Cerha Kitchen & Bath8541 E Washington St
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- CFC Builders LLC10149 State Route 700
- CH CONTRACTING & CONSULTING LLC7258 Big Creek Parkway
- C and S Service