Your front door should make a great first impression. This guide presents all the types of front doors available to purchase, from steel to solid wood to wrought iron, and also includes important tips to know before you hand over your credit card.
Get matched with top door installers in Norwalk, OH
There are 9 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Norwalk
- Radiant Windows LLCWhat a great experience we had with the entire company start to finish. Beginning with the office staff who were so warm and friendly as we began our process of choosing replacements for windows and patio doors, to Mike who came to our home to take measurements and offered recommendations I felt were based on honesty and not as an attempt to sell higher priced products, to the installation crew who did an outstanding job with the removal of all the windows and doors and the install of all the new ones. I was so impressed with the respect this company had for my century home with the clean up and the amount of detail into the finishing. The windows and doors have far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this company 100%. Respectful, honest and dedicated to providing the best customer experience. Thank you all
- Radiant Windows LLCThe whole project was very seamless, from design, quote, actual installation, and follow-up. The door system recommended was far superior to those received from other potential sources, and the actual door quality excellent. Our project required significant customization due to condo association rules, which Radiant accomplished very well. The actual installation went extremely well. The installation crew was very conscientious and meticulous. Great attention to detail, and always went the extra mile when old construction problems were discovered. The clean-up after the project was completed was amazing. Very successful project, and I would heartily recommend Radiant and its entire organization to anyone needing door or window replacement or installation
- Radiant Windows LLCeverything went well they were very professional and made sure everything worked well before they left. i'm very happy with the door and windows. i would recommend them to anyone.they also cleaned up everything when they were done.
- Radiant Windows LLCWe previously had Radiant install 13 replacement windows in our very old home. The entire project was superb. Which lead to our decision to replace our front doors. MIke was helpful during ordering appointment. What he presented and price were fair and about what we expected. He also took a sample of our old trim (100 year old home) to fabricate new custom interior trim that matched to rest of our casings. The trim the installers brought matched exactly. Bob and Nate arrived on time on the date of installation. Both of them had been on the window installation crew, so we were glad to see they would do the doors for us. They proceeded to remove the old door and entire frame. The replacement pre-hung frame fit exactly with very little tweaking. We were impressed with the workmanship, professionalism and personalities of both Bob and Nate. They worked smoothly together. They were very helpful and pleasant to have in our home
- Radiant Windows LLCThe workers arrived early, worked efficiently and were finished in a timely manner. All debris was cleaned up when they left. We did not check other prices, quality was important.
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of ToledoWe are very happy with the entire experience. Their representative, Dave, explained in great detail everything about their doors from the type and strength of the glass used, the locking system, to the actual installation process. In follow up, an employee came to our home and rechecked the original measurements. He also checked for lead based paint. The installers were very professional and completed the job in a short amount of time. Our overall experience was great. We have no complaints whatsoever. The office staff was very easy to talk with and ready to answer any questions we may have had about our project. They had someone at our home right away when we did have a question. It is very windy where we live (wind seems to blow constantly) and, with our old doors, our window treatments would have been blowing out into the room. Now the wind stays outside where it belongs and our window treatments stay where they belong!! We now have cooler rooms in the summer and warmer rooms in the winter, thus making a savings in cooling and heating expense. When it comes time to replace some of our other doors or windows, we will be calling Champion!
- Mel Yoder Home Improvement LLCI was very pleased with the work Mel YODERS home improvement did on my home. This is a company that is experienced and helpful. My roof looks great!
- Multi Level Konstruction KompanyHaving the work done in Ohio, about three hours from the business, it was done when promised with excellent workmanship and materials. The design and vision for color and texture were exceptional.
- Dane Contractors IncWe felt it was slow, however, the company was able to help our Adjustor understand the original quality, thereby getting us the replacement products of similar quality. This was a very time consuming process but ultimately worked out very much to our benefit.
- Mel Yoder Home Improvement LLCI've used Mel to do my work for over 15 years. I own several rental properties and he has done various work from painting and roofing to carpentry work. Whenever I need something done I call Mel and he gets his crews right on it. I've had other quotes from other roofers and Mel was never the cheapest, but he was always the most prompt and I've grown to trust him with all my home improvement needs
Door Installers in Norwalk
- Business Description:Our most important goal is customer satisfaction. We understand that its not just another project on another house... it's Your Project on Your HOME. We strive to provide every customer with the best service and most enjoyable project experienceRecent Review:The first rep spent two hours at the house, did a long presentation touting ethical values (with biblical quotes no less) of the company and their guarantees and concern for the customer, gave a verbal estimate with a promise of a written one next day as it was almost ready. I called him a week later, he was working for a different company already and told me to call reception to get to a different rep. That rep called me after a week, did not know what the agreement had been. Pulled something out of a hat without knowing anything about the property other than the scetchy notes he had on the computer. No apologies, no concern about misunderstanding and lack of information. Just sent me an estimate for skylight only which was higher than what I got before from the first rep. So much for integrityVladimir L.
- Business Description:Since its inception by co founders William Barr and Michael Strmac in 2002, Universal Windows Direct has lived by the philosophy of CANEI - "Constant and Never Ending Improvement". This philosophy holds true in all aspects of our business, from sales and marketing to installation and service and has catapulted UWD from a small, local home improvement company to one of the largest exterior remodeling companies in the country. Every one of our employees strives continuously to be the best in t..Recent Review:After many communication failures which included being woke up in the middle of the night on vacation it took 4 months to be told that we could not have what we paid for. Our door was supposed to be blue on the outside and white on the inside. Instead it was white on both sides. Installers saw the problem, person who checked out the issue saw the problem, the people who we talked to on the phone afterwards said there was a problem and that another door had been ordered. Door never came and instead got three phone calls from accounting wanting us to pay the last money we had withheld until the issue was resolved. In the third and final phone call from accounting they finally told us that the color we wanted was not available in that model door..???. They presented a document that we had signed earlier when the measurement guy came thinking it was to show he had come to the house and to correct the type windows he said we needed for the basement. No mention that the door color was changed. We also did not receive a copy of that document at that time that we know of. The only time there was any communication about door color was a phone call to tell us we could not have blue on both sides of the door, but we could have White on the inside of the door and blue on the outside of the door. The only response from accounting was that we had signed a document changing the door color to something we did not want and offered to create another quote for another door after we already spent thousands. No apologies at all. Complete breakdown of communications throughout the process between their departments and individuals. We sent them a check for the remainder. Very disappointed. Had terrific experience with them a few years ago when we had several large windows installed and that is why we went with them againRic J.
- Business Description:Ohio Basement Systems, founded in 1999, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. Ohio Basement Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland. They devote years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect th..Recent Review:Fine Larry was very friendly was and explained every thing and Richard was very good too . Stayed to finishKay H.
- Business Description:T & R Home Repair Plus has over 25 years experience in the home repair, renovation and electrical services industry. We serve Lorain County & the surrounding areas ( Within 50 Miles of Lorain County) We offer a wide variety of services to fit the needs of every home ownerRecent Review:Excellent service very knowledgeable professional cleaned-up everyday and trustworthy recommend highlyJoellen W.
- Business Description:over 25 years experience Free estimates 10% Senior Citizen Discount Fullly Bonded and Insured We do roof repairs Commercial Rubber We handle insurance claimsRecent Review:A-1 Superior Home Improvement, Travis Workman. We highly recommend this business. All work we required was completed. Our sister’s metal roof was painted ensuring a number of years of use without problems. Our gutters were cleaned and most important out siding was replaced that was damaged by a tree a number of years ago. We had sought out other service providers to repair the siding, but no one ever followed up. Most house siding is 4” but ours is 4 ½”, harder to find. Travis and his wife made calls and search to find siding that would work on our house. While it took a little time, they did not give up. After a number of years of tattered siding, thanks to their efforts, our house siding is renewedNancy B.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated, no subs, professional contractor with over 20 years of experience. senior disc. 5%Recent Review:Excellent. It was really bad, he did not complain about it. He handled it. He cleaned the floor. He even did some extra work. Now it looks great, very inviting.Martin H.
- Business Description:Prior to founding Radiant Windows in 2001, my wife and I traveled around the country and different parts of the world designing windows, equipment, and factories for the window industry. We know windows. We are truly experts when it comes to helping people to make the right choices when deciding to purchase new windows and doors and all the little details that go with them and within their budgetRecent Review:I am very satisfied with all the works that they did, everything was done very well. They were professional and on time.michael b.
- Business Description:Showroom Locations; AKRON, OH 2965 West Market St, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *BEDFORD HEIGHTS, OH 26150 Richmond Rd, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *CANFIELD, OH 4010 Boardman Canfield Rd, M-Sat By Appointment Sun Closed *CANTON, OH 4603 Everhard Rd Northwest, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *COLUMBUS, OH 9009 Gemini Pkwy, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 9 AM - 1 PM Sun Closed *Mentor, Oh 8020 Broadmoor Rd, M-F 9 AM - 5 PM Sat 10 AM - 2 PM Sun Closed *WESTLAKE, ..Recent Review:We started the process of getting pricing from 3 different contractors for a patio door replacement back in February 2021. The first contractor never came on site, but had prepared a quote for us the prior year and just used the information from that to give us pricing. The 2nd contractor insisted that both my wife and I be present and was able to come out on a Saturday when we were both home. They were very high pressure and their price was nearly double the 1st contractor and they expected us to sign on the dotted line right then and there. The third contractor was from Pella Window and Door, dba Gunton. There was some difficulty getting an appointment at first - I had made a change and the appointment got lost somehow. I was finally able to get a rep to show up named Dave. Dave spent a significant amount of time here getting measurements and going over options - colors, hardware, and custom stain matching. After consulting with my wife, Dave came back out to finalize the contract and gave us an install date that was about 3 months out - June 4th. I'm assuming this long lead time had more to do with COVID and the supply chain disruption that is going on. The custom stain matching is pretty involved. The door is in our kitchen, so we want to have the trim match the kitchen cabinets. Initially, the plan was for me to take a cabinet door to Sherwin Williams for them to match the stain and then report to Gunton the details for them to purchase the stain. That strategy didn't end up working because Sherwin Williams required a purchase from me. I made some attempts to get a hold of Dave to get this stain matching procedure started and was not getting any response until late April. Dave came out and retrieved the cabinet door, which had to be shipped to the main office in Cleveland to perform the stain matching. About a week later, we received samples of the trim stained with our custom stain through the mail and it matched perfectly. We were given a mailer to send our approved sample back, which was sent back the next business day, but it seemed to take a very long time to reach them. In the meantime, I wanted to get our cabinet face back from Cleveland. This was sent back in a truck and given to our sales rep Dave who held on to it until the day before our installation, when he hand delivered it to us. A few days before our installation was scheduled to take place, I received a call from Jill, who is a project coordinator in their Cleveland office, to let us know the door manufacture was delayed and it would not be ready on the scheduled installation date. It was projected to be ready by June 8. On June 11, I received a call from Jill stating our door was ready and could they install it on June 12 - a Saturday. This worked out well. The install date arrived, which ended up being a beautiful sunny day (thankfully). A crew of three lead by Badirque worked hard and long and did absolutely excellent quality work on the installation. However, Badirque let me know that the top and bottom strike plates for the door that remains in place were not provided and that I should contact my sales rep. I had one e-mail and one call to my sales rep Dave about this issue and never received a response to either of those. Project coordinator Jill took my call yesterday and is investigating getting this resolved. In Dave's defense, he and his wife had a newborn in this timeframe, so that could explain (at least partially) his poor responsiveness to me over this timeRoger D.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:At Glass Doctor® Northern & Central Ohio, we perform a wide range of glass repairs and services. We repair windshields and replace them if needed, using only OEM quality glass in our windshields to protect you. We handle all types of commercial repairs such as storefronts, entrances and broken glass. Shower door enclosures and bathroom glass work is another specialty of Glass Doctor®. We repair all types of residential glass including insulated glass in your windows, mirrors, and patio doors...
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
There are many types of door locks available to homeowners, and each has their own benefits, drawbacks, and uses. This guide breaks down the most common types of door locks, what their attributes are, and in what cases you should consider using them.
The front door is the first thing most people will notice about your home, which is why even small upgrades can give you curb appeal a big boost. This guide lists seven changes you can make to your front door that will have a big impact.
Find door installers in
- Berlin Heights
- North Fairfield
- Bay View
- New London
- South Amherst
door installers in Norwalk
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Davis Prof, Home Maint, repairs, and Instalation521 46th St.
- Davis Prof, Home Maint, repairs, and Instalation
- Integrity Home Exteriors2852 South Ave
- Integrity Home Exteriors
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC2005 Caldwell St
- KELLER CONTRACTORS LLC
- NORTHERN LIGHTS REMODELING4018 COLUMBUS AVE
- NORTHERN LIGHTS REMODELING
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC
- Universal Windows Direct24801 Rockside Rd
- Universal Windows Direct