Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Toledo

Founded 1953 • With Angi since March 2006

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Toledo! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows,

4.1

4.4

window replacement (79)door installation (19)patio enclosures (11)siding companies (9)glass block (5)roofing (5)awnings (5)decks & porches (4)basement remodeling (1)home remodeling (1)

05/19/2022

Susan M.

We have been looking at all options in Window replacement in the Toledo area this year. It will be almost 100% replacement so we did our homework. The Champion Division Manager Bryce Bookmiller came to our home to assess our window needs and discuss options. He was very patient with our questions. I was very pleased the Champion products are made in Ohio! Because of this, the turn-around time for installation is reasonable as compared to other window companies. So made in the USA, timely and quality product. Bryce returned, after our initial visit, to answer questions and clarify choices. This is clearly his area of expertise. I am happy with the customer service and genuine concern for us to obtain what we wanted in windows. We look forward to the upgrade in our house.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 05/18/2022

10/11/2021

Jason R.

So far it has gone well. Rob who came for the estimate and initial consultation was very friendly and knowledgeable. He took time to answer all our questions and concerns. He helped us figure out what would be the best kind of replacement windows for our very old house. We are a couple months or so from getting our windows, but we are looking forward to the smooth install and great improvement to our old and drafty windows.

Description of Work
New windows

Category awnings

Work Completed On 10/02/2021

07/15/2021

Jason J.

Robert Coffman from Champion was a terrific representative. He was prompt, professional, knowledgable, and I could tell he wanted to find the best fit for our needs and price. He had great demonstrations and a caring tone to his words - he wasn't pushy or overbearing. He is the reason we went with Champion (and the windows are sweet)!

Description of Work
Window install

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

03/05/2021

Ken S.

Several time it was schedule. No call no show. When they did put them in they did a horrible job. They have been back to fix issues three times so far. Lots of lies.

Description of Work
New windows

Work Completed On 03/06/2021

03/05/2021

Gerry L.

It didn’t. Signed the contract on 1-14-2021. Never heard a word from Champion until I started communication with on 3-1-2021 asking what was going on with my project. Because they never did a re-measure I canceled the contract. What I didn’t like is they are keeping $1000 dollars of my deposit for doing nothing. I understand it was in the contract but they did absolutely nothing and are reaping a $1000 reward.

Description of Work
I was having a screened in sunroom installed

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/06/2021

12/18/2020

David R.

Excellent. Also Chase Carpenter was very knowledgeable regarding his product he sales.

Description of Work
New sunroom windows

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

We are delighted to hear we provided a top-notch experience! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is wonderful to hear we were able to provide you with excellent service.

11/23/2020

Karen M.

We haven't gotten our windows done yet, but want to express our appreciation for the professional manner of the Jeff Pickle the sales representative we worked with in choosing with which company to contract. He gave us factual information without the hype we got from other reps, the window he showed us was well-made and easy to maneuver, he gave us some helpful suggestions and he made the procedure as pleasant as possible. Mike, the gentleman who game to measure was equally as professional. Looking forward to new windows once they are made.

Description of Work
replace windows in home

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

10/21/2020

Mendi V.

Have not been installed yet but experience leading up to it so far has been smooth & professional.

Description of Work
New windows

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review. We are dedicated to providing great service. Please feel free to reach out if there’[Member Information Removed] anything you need.

06/09/2018

Stephanie F.

Champion was a miserable experience from start to finish. They ordered the wrong windows, messed up the charges, canceled at least 4 installation appointments, hit our house with their truck, job site clean up was a disaster (broken glass all over our house), and no response from customer service--but don't worry they will call you to ask you when you are going to sign the final paper work. This is my third review of this company and still no response. Please do not take a chance on Champion it was a complete disaster.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Work Completed On 02/02/2018

10/17/2017

KATHY F.

I think the price was competitive. The workman were wonderful. They said when they would be leaving and called to say when they would be back.

Description of Work
They added a sun room/3 season room.

Category replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

07/20/2017

Kelli B.

The installation team was on time. They were polite and respectful. The team removed and placed two of my home doors in a very reasonable time fame. Great Service!

Description of Work
Two door installations

Category doors

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

07/14/2017

Anne G.

The first experience was great. No problems, except one, which was fixed. However, the second experience was very negative. The second salesperson used an array of high-pressure and manipulative sales techniques. Tried to over-charge in a major way. I'm going to hire Wallside to finish the job. When I tried to go pain he to the manager and Champion and give him an opportunity to fix the situation he failed to respond. I gave him a full week and he just blew me off. The Champion Toledo product is good but the price you pay will depend on the salesperson.

Description of Work
Had 8 window installed. Tried to hire again to have 9 additional windows installed.

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

05/22/2017

Phillip L.

They did an excellent job .No complaints.

Description of Work
installed 1 window

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

03/27/2017

DOREEN A.

Few SNAFUS but company very responsive. Made sure I was satisfied in the end.

Description of Work
Replaced windows and door.

Work Completed On 12/10/2016

01/30/2017

Mr. Kim M. G.

Good value for the money. Job was done in a timely manner, kept everything clean and tidied up. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
16 Replacement windows

Work Completed On 02/19/2015

01/22/2017

Harold D.

The sales rep and installers were awesome customer service not so much. I had to contact them to verify install date (twice).

Description of Work
7 new glass block windows in basement.

Category glass block

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

09/06/2016

PHILLIP L.

It worked out very well, I was extremely satisfied and would recommend them to anyone. They did very very well. They charged me extra, $150 for lead paint but that is law. They were neat, cleaned up everything, and the windows worked perfect. I have no complaints. They are expensive windows.

Description of Work
I used Champion of Toledo to remove old windows that were there and some lead paint was on house and window frame so they had to take care of that with blocking it off and proper protection. Then put 3 new windows in our kitchen.

Work Completed On 05/15/2015

09/06/2016

Janet B.

They took over my home for 3 weeks. Had no use of garage or driveway for 3 weeks. Salesman said he'd stop by to see finished work and never did. Debri left around house. Mike too chatty workers showed up late and left early. Removed my hose reels from posts not even attached to house and never put back. Wanted paid yet didn't order right size shutters that didn't get up. Sent me $100 gift card for troubles = not enough. Nobody told me I was going to need to hire a plumber for my faucet . Nobody told me I would need an electrician to fix fixtures that didn't work after Mike left.

Description of Work
Siding soffit gutters shutters.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/30/2016

08/30/2016

Donna R.

Great! Work was done very professionally! No mess left behind and we love the sun porch. We use it every day!!

Description of Work
4-seasons porch

Category replacement windows, sunrooms

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

08/29/2016

Susan H.

It went great! Champion arrived to install the windows and within just a few hours, they were done. They were fast, courteous and got the job done quickly. Everything was cleaned up and the company left nothing behind.

Description of Work
New windows.

Work Completed On 02/07/2016

07/09/2016

Don M.

After sales man showed up on 04/09/16 and we made our down payment (we paid cash) we were told the job would start in 4 to 6 weeks. (in May) He had measured the house and had every thing ready to order. (we thought) A week later someone else shows up measures the house again and tells us the job will start in app. 8 wks. some body will call with the exact date of starting. At the end of 8 weeks with no call we called them. They called back and said job would start the next Tuesday and material and dumpster would be dropped off before crew started work. Monday morning material shows up and is dropped of I am not giving a bill of lading to check off and make sure all material is here. (it wasn't a quick check showed 1 gable vent missing) The crew shows up (still no dumpster) (by the way Moses and his crew subcontractors were great had no problems with them, even worked a Saturday so the house would be done by the 4th of July) When the crew chief shows up he calls about the dumpster and finds it wasn't ordered. So either we wait for the dumpster before they start or they pile the tear off on the grass. (we opted for the 2nd as we wanted the job done) We were also told that the backer board we had ordered with the job wasn't needed as we had foam panels on the side already. I called to talk to our sales rep about a refund and was told he was out of town but somebody else would call and take care of it. (this they kind of did I also told him about the vent) After tear off when the crew starts putting up the new metal and soffit they find they are short both. Short story to this is after 2 measurements we were short a box of soffit, 3 rolls of metal, 1 box of siding a light box and a gable vent. It took 4 days to get the soffit 2 trips for the metal 4 days for the light box 2 days for the siding, and 3 weeks for the vent. After the job was done they sent a subcontractor up to take final payment and he had the wrong invoice, it did not show the adjustment for the backer board. I showed him our copy of this and he photted it with his phone and told us to make the check payable for the adjusted amount. We did again paying by check. This was all on July 1st (Friday) On Tuesday we get a call from Champion wanting their 200.00 Told them about the price adjustment and they asked if we had sent it in. told them yes and about the photo. Dumpster still here when I called the trash company they said Champion never called to say the job was done. We have never heard from our sales rep once to ask how the job was going I told 4 people about the backer board from the time it got here and nobody has come to pick it up We were never offered a discount for paying cash or for the problems we encountered just 1 I'm sorry from somebody in the main office in Cinn. The actual works was performed great but the lack of follow up by he company and the constant excuse that they were moving offices and we slid between the cracks makes it very hard to recommend Champion for anything. (I even took the sign out of my yard after the 3rd day) A job we were told would be 2 weeks ended up over 4 We have n

Description of Work
Sided house

Work Completed On 07/02/2016

06/28/2016

Karen A.

Service was prompt and both workers did on excellent job. No complaints they were professional.

Description of Work
Removal and window (4) replaced outside trim red one.