Lowe's Home Improvement

With Angi since November 2000

4.4

7327 N Cliff Ave

Brooklyn, OH 44144

Store #0770. Lowe's offers everyday low prices on quality appliances, paint, lumber, hardware, flooring, tools, home décor, garden essentials, and more. Shop for all your home improvement and hardware needs online at www.lowes.com. or at your local Lowe's store. Find Black Friday and Cyber Monday

08/08/2018

Cheryl W.

It took over a year to complete. The original contractor hung the cabinets w/o allowing room for wood trim. Instead he used a furniture tape and painted it the wrong color along with the tops of all the cabinets. Two walls were removed and he drywalled improperly but Lowes finds it acceptable? Originally the designer and contractor came out to measure. I asked them out a second time to be sure there would be no surprises with the electrical. He installed two plugs not in code anyway. Lowes did have that done over. A section of counter space was measured wrong resulting in a cabinet I paid extra for was moved against a wall and a sheet was ordered twice for them to glue on the outer part of the cheaper cabinet. No reimbursement there. It was explained to me there would be oversight after every job. There was none. After the job started three months late, one guy worked for week and a couple of days then I didn't see anyone for a month. I asked for an inspector to come out after a few weeks of no work. I asked that the inspector take the contractor off my job because he yelled at me and was very rude when I asked him to do the electrical properly. When work resumed, they sent in the same contractor. He would not lower the cabinets that were not hung properly. He just continued on without fixing them and Lowes let it go. He put most handles on crooked. He was paid in full before the job so he had no incentive to do my job which is not the way it was supposed to go.. Finally they bring in a new contractor but unfortunately he made an error in judgement in the placement of cabinet door. It took twice as long to fix that problem because the designer ordered the wrong size twice. Otherwise he did much better job. The whole job was a year plus of mistakes made from the beginning. Lowe's takes your money up front so you have no recourse except to wait it out. They threw in a paint job for my trouble then when asked if I wanted a wall tiled, I said sure. I was given a call about two weeks later with the estimate for the wall, they included a minimum service charge for the job after I have already spent over $20,000 in that store and had been waiting months to have my kitchen finished. They ended up throwing in the wall because I wasn't about to pay for it. I wanted an extended warrantee for the furniture tape instead of wood trim above my cabinets. Will it last is my issue? Lowe's never addressed the fact that he also painted on all the cabinets while painting that tape. The walls improperly drywalled but acceptable to Lowe's I can only hope they are right because they won't extend a warrantee for that mistake either. I tried to give you the good and the bad but I will never use Lowe's again. This review would be much much longer if I reported all the ridiculous incompetency that occurred over the year plus it took them to finish.

Description of Work
complete kitchen remodel

07/20/2017

Allen S.

We did a lot of shopping and comparison and they certainly have the best pricing, plus we have their card so we got zero financing for six months. With a good price, plus that, it’s like okay we can do this. We just bought our dishwasher. We’ll see how that goes.

Description of Work
We bought a washer and dryer last fall.

06/22/2017

Penny W.

Still waiting for the scroll for top of drive way gate. My husband made many calls and was told it will be dropped off. Still waiting since mid April. Also no gravel was put in pole holes so needless to say we have bags of gravel in the garage.

Description of Work
Install chain link fence with double drive way gates

Category fencing

05/30/2017

Dawn G.

Only issue was delivery of materials was scheduled for day before but some snafu occurred. However, the materials were delivered first thing next day in time for installation.

Description of Work
Chain link fence

Category fencing, doors

05/24/2017

Donald & Nina S.

I have experience with Lowe's contracting services in Las Vegas, NV. I met with them in their Lowe's office and I had the work done in Las Vegas, NV. The local Lowe's called the Lowe's in NV and they sent a contractor to my rental in North Las Vegas to fix the doors. What I asked them for was to go repair whatever was broken and look for other things that are in need of repair. They told me the locking system for the garage door needed to be repaired and it would be in my best interest to just put in a new garage door instead of fixing the one I had. I agreed to that. They get an A+ for explaining what they were doing to the tenant.

Description of Work
They replaced the garage door of a rental property that I have in Las Vegas, NV.

Category garage doors

09/06/2015

Susan M.

I have continually been satisfied with Lowe's and I believe they have improved their services over the years. Using them for large projects such as my recent fence installation was a good choice for me.They kept in contact regularly by phone and completed the job when promised/as promised.

Description of Work
Installation of a chain link fence

Category fencing, home remodeling, home improvement stores

07/29/2014

Ryan K.

Amount of calls from Lowes/installers is a little crazy (5 calls from time doors were ordered to the time they were installed, lowes will call to just let you know that the installer will be calling). Order time for the doors was as expected and installers were on time and really friendly. Biggest issue was with a large scratch in the screen door that now requires the door manufacturer come out to fix, since Lowes & their installers don't handle "warranty" work... even though it was an issue on the door prior to it even being installed.

Description of Work
Install of new front entry & screen door.

Category home remodeling, doors

05/03/2014

Marjorie C.

They arrived as scheduled and did an excellent job. Installers were very meticulous and conscientious. They did an excellent job of cleaning up when finished with installation.

Description of Work
They removed old counter tops and installed new ones, new sink and faucet

Category countertops

01/06/2014

jason H.

It seems that every time I visit Brooklyn Lowe's I have a good experience! I went to the paint department to get some samples of colors, ask some questions, and get price information. I spoke with two employees and both were very helpful. All of my questions were answered, and I was able to take color sample swatches home to see how it looks in the specific room lighting. I will definitely be back soon to purchase supplies!

Description of Work
I visited the Brooklyn Lowe's to get information and ideas for a painting project. I did not purchase at this time, but got very helpful information!

07/05/2012

Rita V.

I have been very satisfied with them and have no complaints about them.

Description of Work
We purchased our counter top and sink, cabinet, and faucet.. We also had them install it for us as well.

06/01/2011

Mary Ann B.

They were out here pronto. I bought the best product that Owens Corning makes. They had quality people out her to install the roof. Their cleanup was excellent. They called to follow up. They were here before 8 a.m. every day they worked. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Lowes of Brooklyn to roof my house.

09/26/2010

Laura K.

Very well, The company that subcontracted for Lowe's was excellent.

Description of Work
Installed a storm/screen door for our house.

08/26/2010

Catherine J.

They were fairly priced and competent. They had a good selection. The salesman seems knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I bought two storm doors from them.

07/29/2010

Monica L.

Wonderful! Update: Everything went well until we had them assembled. We weren’t happy with one part of a Lazy-Susan so we called Lowe’s and they are going to have someone from the manufacturer come and look at it. Other than that, everything is fine.

Description of Work
I went to the store to get ideas and possibly buy kitchen cabinetry. The Consultant was excellent he was able to give us catelogs with different makers style. He used the kitchen design software to ensure proper size and spacing. He was very patient when I need to look at different layouts to make sure I liked what we planned. He informed us on the sale specials and financing which made a big purchase not so bad. I can't believe how pleased I was with the whole experience. I have bought kitchen cabinets from this store with another salesperson and the service was the same. Keep up the great work. Update: We got our kitchen cabinets from Lowe’s.

Category home improvement stores

07/28/2010

Robert E.

They knew what they were doing, they were custom doors for our old house so they were different sizes. They came out and did an outstanding job measuring. The guy they contracted out and came to the house was very knowledgeable and the price was competitive, which is why we chose Lowe's.

Description of Work
We got our 3 custom storm doors from Lowe's.

09/20/2009

declan K.

It went great. I explained to the salesperson (Bea) that I started a new job and did not want to take any more time off than necessary. Bea explained that she would try to get the installer (Joe) to do the installation on Friday since the dishwasher I wanted was in stock. Joe called me Friday morning and arrived 20 minutes after the call to do the installation and it went smoothly. I was very grateful that the job was done in a timely manner and I did not have to take any additional time off. Thank you, Bea and Joe.

Description of Work
I purchased a dishwasher on September 17, 2009, to replace a broken one.

05/28/2009

Joseph M.

They did a fantastic job! They stuck the schedule, did all the work, and everything was done on time. They even showed up in the pouring down rain. They cleaned up after themselves and there was no mess. They were very prompt. When the work was assigned, the guy called and talked to me and came out. He told me when he would be back, and he came back with his assistant. They got all of the work done on a cold, wet and rainy day. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
I hired Lowes Home Improvement to replace doors. They also installed new frames and storm doors.

02/11/2009

ANTHONY N.

I checked with a couple of other people and they were much expensive compared to Lowe s. Their price is good. The installers are very good, quite professional and finished the work pretty quickly. They seemed to a good job. One thing that bothered me was they asked me at that time if I would like to check out the Lowe s credit card to make payment. I enquired what the advantage was and she said nothing. Much later it occurred to me that lot of times they have like a 10% discount. That one thing bugged me because she was not very knowledgeable. I should have asked her about the discount. I am satisfied with them. Overall experience was pretty good.

Description of Work
I bought a water heater and installation through Lowe s.

Category appliance repair

07/22/2008

JOAN S.

I went down there and put in my order. They were on time with the delivery and they did a good job installing it. This was the first time I had used their services and I was pleased with the work they did.

Description of Work
I got a seven year warranty on the tank. I bought the hot water tank from them and they came out and installed it.

Category water heater repair

01/04/2007

SYLVIA J P.

I think the quality of the carpet was good. The price was average. They had to store the carpet for a few months for me due to a death in the family which was nice of them. The installation was good. I informed them that the furniture was incredibly heavy. They were nice people (a man and his wife) but they were going to charge me extra for having to move my furniture which they said would be covered. I contacted Lowe's who said they would cover the charge for having to move the furniture. It made me feel very uncomfortable during the installation process. The installer and his wife were courteous, but here was some misinformation there.

Description of Work
The installed carpet in the bedroom (12' by 13') of my home.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

10/19/2006

BOB & FRAN D.

We had looked at dishwashers for a couple of weeks at a number of stores and were pleased with the Bosch unit that we found at Lowe's. Paul our salesman was informative and not pushy. Joe, the installer, was very professional and cleaned up extremely well before he left. We were very well pleased with his work. The Lowe's manager called us after the sale, before delivery, and after the installation to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction. This is the first time that we bought an appliance from Lowe's and based on our experience, it probably won't be our last.

Description of Work
Removing our old dishwasher and installing a new Bosch dishwasher in its place.

10/07/2006

KATHRYN R.

The measurements taken by Lowe's were perfect. The installation went smoothly, and my doors look very nice. Good quality doors at a reasonable price, and quick installation by a skilled installer.

Description of Work
I purchased and had installed two Larsen screen/storm doors from Lowe's.

07/20/2006

KENNETH P.

A very nice job was done. Installation went smoothly, no problems with install. They were well coordinated.

Description of Work
Installed wood laminate floor in kitchen.

Category hardwood floor, home improvement stores

01/16/2006

THE DUST & DIRT WERE MORE THAN MY LUNG PROBLEMS COULD TAKE, SO I HAD TO TAKE REFUGE IN ANOTHER ROOM. BEFORE I KNEW IT, HE WAS FINISHED. WOW, 2 DOORS IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS? DOORS LOOKED NICE, BUT IN WINTER THE DOOR BECAME VERY COLD. STEEL MUST HAVE BEEN A BAD CHOICE! AS IT GREW COLDER, THE FURNACE WAS RUNNING ALMOST CONTINUALLY. COLD AIR WAS ENTERING THROUGH HOLES AROUND THE DEAD BOLT & LATCH. STUFFING FOAM INTO HOLES DIDN'T HELP. REMOVED THE TRIM, SIDES, & TOP. FOUND GAPING HOLES, WIDE GAPS, & BROKEN & MISSING PLASTER. THERE WAS NO ATTEMPT TO FILL OR SEAL ANYTHING. WAS TO COLD TO USE LIQUID FOAM SO I WADDED NEWSPAPER TO FILL THE HOLES. LEFT AFTER SILL WAS RIPPED OUT. ACROSS THE TOP YOU COULD SEE DAY LIGHT SO I DUCT TAPED ACROSS THE TOP & DOWN THE SIDES, & THEN REPLACED THE TRIM. THE FURNACE RAN CONSIDERABLY LESS AFTER THAT. I TOOK PICTURES BEFORE SEALING THE HOLES & SHOWED THEM TO THE MANAGER AT LOWE'S. HE DIDN'T APOLOGIZE. HE SAID HE'D GET BACK TO ME, BUT HE NEVER DID!

Description of Work
Removed wood doors & installed 2 steel doors. Bob, the installer, was on time. He started ripping the old doors out.

11/17/2000

RON C.

MEASURMENTS WERE OFF ON CARPET. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE USE THEIR INSTALLERS. STORE CLERKS ARE NOT AS KNOWLEDGABLE AS THEY PRETEND TO BE.

Description of Work
CARPETING

Category carpet installation