JVS Garage Door Co

Founded 1974 • With Angi since March 2013

20 Park Dr

Port Clinton, OH 43452

We are a family owned business since 1974. Our owner Dick Lano is the 1st Door Industry Certified Master Technician in the State of Ohio and our lead Installer is the 2nd Certified Master Tech in the State. We employ "Industry Certified Installers". We specialize in service & repairs, Sales & Installation of Residential * Commercial * Industrial Overhead doors and electric operators. Manual and motorized screens and security shutters....

03/12/2016

Linda H.

If I have trouble with the door, they come out. Anytime I call them, they come instantly. It's a great company. I've always had good service with them. They have very nice staff. It's a very nice company. I don't think they are outrageous. They are pretty fair.

Description of Work
They came out and repaired the garage door.

12/21/2015

Dorothy W.

Two installers came at 8:30 on a Saturday morning to remove my old garage door and install a new one plus an opener. They worked efficiently to removed the old door and assemble and install the new one. They were not quite finished when I had to leave for an appointment, so they stopped what they were doing to give me the two remotes and explain the operation of the new equipment. When I returned an hour later everything was done and they had hauled away the old door. Both young men were courteous and professional and did an excellent job for me.

Description of Work
Installed an overhead garage door and opener

12/04/2015

Steve W.

It went great. They showed up when they said they would. The job took a few hours and they cleaned up when they were done.

Description of Work
I had 2 garage door openers installed.

08/14/2015

Patricia W.

Did an absolute great job. Reasonably priced. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Serviced overhead garage door and operation. Replaced torsion springs with cones. Lubed springs, rollers & bearings, adjusted spring tension, adjusted clutch/force.

07/22/2015

Mariann & Jeff D.

Showed up first appointment in AM & finished door without interruption.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring on garage door.

07/18/2015

John & Lori M.

Great.

Description of Work
Installation of two garage door openers.

05/22/2015

Jane A.

Jim was efficient, professional and friendly. He took time to explain the operation of the keypad. He also checked the function and condition of our existing door.

Description of Work
Jim installed a keypad for our existing garage door.

05/08/2015

Pat K.

Jim arrived on time & had all the necessary parts & equipment. Job was very professional! Like their service!

Description of Work
Replaced coil springs on both garage doors. Lube springs, rollers & bearings

04/12/2015

Michael H.

JVS called back with time window for service and arrived when they promised. Repairman was very polite and when finished explained exactly what work was done/needed.

Description of Work
Garage door repair, door cable off of drum.

Category garage doors

Thank you [member name removed], we truly appreciate your business!

03/04/2015

Albert S.

They came to the premises right on time and made sure that they called within a half hour of arrival. Extremely courteous and was very professional in the interaction with me. I cannot say enough about the two servicemen Jacob & Carol.

Description of Work
Service overhead door and remove and replace the gears and sprocket.

01/31/2015

earl M.

I purchased a door from JVS. Very reasonable price. I was going on vacation and they said it would be installed while I was gone. When I returned the door was there and I was very pleased. I give them 5 stars out of 5.

Description of Work
Installed a garage door.

01/24/2015

Vickie T.

I called and he was here in about an hour. He was the problem right away. he had the parts and fixed the door. He took around an hour to install them. Everything was cut well. The door looks like new.

Description of Work
Replaced torsion springs on garage door.

10/30/2014

Linda H.

On time very pleasant neat in clean -up.

Description of Work
Installation of garage door.

10/05/2014

John S.

Best set of installers I have ever dealt with and I'm glad the job beyond expectations.

Description of Work
R+R garage door and framing.

09/13/2014

Don & Rita B.

The guys were there early in the day, worked steadily and were totally gone by 12:30. They were friendly, polite, and very professional.

Description of Work
Remove old garage doors and track and install all new.

09/04/2014

Susanne E.

Everything went very well from begining to end.

Description of Work
Install new overhead garage door and dispose of existing door.

06/26/2014

Carol A.

He was here right away; it was in an hour or so. He was very thorough and explained what he was doing and why. He was very good. I have no complaints.

Description of Work
I used JVS Garage Door Co. They fixed my garage door. He actually hooked my garage door the better way than it was before. He also went up there, I had two light bulbs in there, you know how the door goes up the lights. We put those in too.

06/11/2014

Stacey V.

Wonderful!!! They called us the week before and let us know the door had come in. They scheduled a date to install and they were there and had it done before I got home from work. It was raining that day and I was worried that they may possibly reschedule but nope, right on time they were. Unfortunately the auto door opener didn't work due to us having a faulty GFI but they came back the next day and switched it out for us.

Description of Work
removed old wooden garage door along with old opener. Installed a beautiful new door and opener and then had to come back the next day due to us having a faulty GFI.

01/26/2014

Pamela M.

The staff was courteous and efficient . I appreciate that they taled to me as if I had a brain in my head since oftentimes service people don't do this with women. The door looks great and works better than the original one ever did. I would highly recommend JVS GARAGE DOOR.

Description of Work
Came out and looked at my 20+ year old garage door that was broken. Called me on the phone at work to let me know that that the door couldn't be repaired and why. Gave me prices on a new door. Jim was very pleasant and professional on the phone. He took measurements and made sure my door which had been stuck open was closed before he left as there was snow on the way that night. My door opening was not a standard size so the replacement door had to be special ordered but it cane quickly and was installed within two weeks.

04/18/2013

Lynn S.

They were extremely prompt. Great job. Cleaned up after work.

Description of Work
Installation of garage door opener, key less pad.

04/18/2013

Lynn S.

They were extremely prompt. Great job. Cleaned up after work.

Description of Work
Installation of garage door opener, keyless pad.

08/01/2012

HARRY A L.

They were very punctual and on time. I bought the garage door at Menards and the garage door installers came and put it up for me.

Description of Work
They put a new garage door in for me. It was a 16x8 over head garage door- a two and half car garage. They did a good job.

05/03/2011

Pat K.

He came out, looked at the door and said he could fix it even though it was an old door. He came back with new parts and finished everything in about an hour. We were very impressed with him.

Description of Work
He replaced three door panels on our garage door. He replaced the bottom strut as well.

Category garage doors

Visit our counter sales and Showroom. We service all makes and models of garage doors and electric operators. Sales and installation of Garage doors, electric operators, door screens, storm & security shutters.