When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Newark, OH
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Newark
- Accura Land SurveyingThe survey was well-done and timely. I have used Acura Landsurveying of Greenfield for many years, going back to a minor subdivision survey in 1993. Mr. Goin's work is of such quality that he should charge more for his services (Price rated "B" for this reason. I have tried other surveyors and did not have such good results. As a small landowner, I discovered that they were working for developers and their interests rather than mine. Acura surveyed the historic barn lot (barn shown in photo) in 2004 when I need to add additional land to enlarge the property
- Patridge Surveying LLCPatridge Surveying is a great company to work with. The are very professional and did a great job on our new build project. It was complicated to locate the house, well & septic on our lot and Bob helped educate me and make recommendations on how to get through the process. He was also very patient with all of our questions and changes
- Patridge Surveying LLCMatt and Bob Patridge were very polite marked my property lines and provided me with a printout of the plat. I would refer them to friends and neighbors.
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEAnother company told me it would take four weeks and $700 to mark the boundaries. I had forgotten to check Angie's list, which I did later and found XYZ. Called on Tuesday, and he completed the work on Thursday for less than half the price.
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEEmailed request for estimate, within a week it arrived. It was a bit higher than I wanted, and I mentioned that fact in my reply to the estimate. They company offered to lower the price by doing a "paper" survey rather than a physical one, but I declined. I am looking for an actual survey that measures my lot exactly. Regardless of the cost, they acted professionally and responded promptly. If further estimated do not provide any financial relief, then I may go with this company, eventually. I've put the survey on hold till next year
- Robert C. Rhyne. PLSI am overwhelmingly pleased with Mr.Rhyne's service. I made arrangements for the survey on Monday, July 11th; giving Mr. Rhyne facts about the property. He researched descriptions of the property, from aerial maps, and deeds dating back to 1925. When I arrived on the site. Mr.Rhyne was on the job, and working. Mr.Rhyne is professional, and patient. He even took the time to converse over the telephone, with my 92 year old cousin who had lived in the house prior to granting it to me. He provided me with several signed and certified copies of the completed survey. It's very detailed and show the distance from the house to the property lines, and the location of the original metal stakes. He even drove in longer stakes, and placed pvc pipes over the spikes located in the rear of the property,to make them easier to find since they were covered with thick brush. Having such a detailed map provides a sense of security
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICETHIS IS A SECOND GENERATION SURVEY COMPANY. HE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND CONSCIENTIOUS. I CALLED SEVERAL COMPANIES AND HE WAS THE FIRST WE LEFT A MESSAGE FOR THAT RESPONDED. THE WORK HE DID WAS FOR TWO BOUNDARIES THAT WERE OBVIOUS, THE THIRD WAS A LITTLE HARDER THE FOURTH TOOK A LOT OF WORK. HE HAD TO USE A LOT OF EQUIPMENT AND CUT THROUGH SOME BUSHES. HE CONFIRMED THE OTHER BOUNDARY MARKERS THAT WERE ALREADY IN PLACE AND ADDED FOUR MORE. THE BASE CHARGE WAS $250 AND THE TOTAL CAME TO $275. I FELT CONFIDENT HIS WORK IS ACCURATE
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEFriendly and fast. David had his team out at my property within the same week to mark my property boundaries. The work was done accurately and billing was prompt.
- RD ZANDE & ASSOCIATES INCThey put a new peg in the front yard, that was not existing, the others were. I got the whole survey. They were very patient and explained everything to me. This was nice because I was a first timer.
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICEWONDERFUL!!! WE CALLED THURSDAY NIGHT, AND THEY CAME OUT FRIDAY AFTERNOON. DAVID SLAGLE, AND HIS PARTNER ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR YEARS! THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST, AND WERE EMBARRASSED WHEN I TOLD THEM THEY WERE RANKED HIGHLY.
Land Surveyors in Newark
- Business Description:RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIALRecent Review:I never received a call or text from them.Debbie M.
- Business Description:Additional email - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.Recent Review:Patridge Surveying is a great company to work with. The are very professional and did a great job on our new build project. It was complicated to locate the house, well & septic on our lot and Bob helped educate me and make recommendations on how to get through the process. He was also very patient with all of our questions and changesDebbie M.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated.Recent Review:I had Pickens Fence come out in mid August to provide an estimate to remove a chain link fence on one side of yard and replace it with a wood fence. The owner immediately quoted a $1,000 fee. I told him that would be fine but I had to wait for a certificate of appropriateness from the city which would take about a week. I got the certificate last week and called and left a voicemail that I had the certificate but instead of dog eared it would have to be straight across (not a big deal) and that I wanted to schedule a time to do the work. I also sent the owner an email with the same message. That was last Friday morning. No response. I emailed and called again on Tuesday. This time a girl in the office answered the phone and she remembered my voicemail and said she would have the owner call me back to get the work scheduled. It's now Saturday and I haven't heard from anyone. If they didn't want the work (probably a small job for them) then the owner should have just said so from the beginning. He seemed annoyed when he showed up to give me the estimate. He should realize that almost every neighbor in my area has wood fences. He will lose out on a lot of business with his lack of professionalismPATTY H.
- Business Description:Payments are half down the rest when job is complete.
- Business Description:CIVIL ENGINEERING AND SURVEYING.Recent Review:I wouldn't bother to call them. <br />Suzanne R.
- Recent Review:The scheduler Melva was extremely professional and prompt. Couldn't have been better. The survey crew were also nice, prompt and thorough. They only reason I gave them a B was I assumed the "pins" would be short metal pipe located an inch above ground. XYZ used 3 foot wooden stakesPA W.
- Recent Review:Terrible. Pressured into starting before I was ready said we would have a brown yard for a few days and then it was over 2.5 weeks, rushed through grading and clipped our mature oak. Basically uprooted a city tree and broke water access. Now I have to have the city dig up the sod I just paid a lot of money to put in. Chris Couldn't get a plumber lined up so I hired and paid a plumber directly. Told me I still owed him for the plumbing allowance even though I paid plumber in full. Got aggressive and verbally mean to the point I was afraid to have him at my home with the kids around. Lied and told me he paid plumber cash. Pressed him for a receipt and he told me a different story and that even if he didn't use the allowance I still owed him the full amount. I Called plumber and asked if any additional payment was made and confirmed no payment by chris was made. He kept lying and changing his story. Would absolutely recommend you use another company. This guy is unprofessional and a scam. Terrible overall experiencMichelle O.
- Business Description:We are a civil engineering and land surveying firm that provides consulting for all areas of environmental and site engineering services. With numerous years of experience we are experts in understanding the needs of your specific project and custom designing a plan for you. We offer a wide range of services from wetland delineation to mapping services and transportation engineering. Our team consists of hand-picked and highly skilled professionals and trained technicians. Let us assess your ..
- Business Description:American Land Surveyors offers licensed professional land surveying services throughout Central Ohio
- Business Description:Bryant's Tree Service, LLC is fully insured and licensed to conduct business here in the great state of Ohio, and I guarantee you we are the perfect tree service for all of your tree care needs. All estimates are 100% FREE, and given by an ISA certified Arborist, just call (614) 288-5397. We provide both residential and commercial tree and stump services, with payment plans available. You can visit us at www.bryantstree.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Bryants.Tree.Servic
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Saint Louisville
- Buckeye Lake
land surveyors in Newark
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- BIRD + BULL INC2875 W DUBLIN-GRANVILLE RD
- BIRD + BULL INC
- Jobes Henderson & Associates59 Grant St
- Jobes Henderson & Associates
- noAppdealsPO Box 2415
- RANKIN HOMES INC2718 SAWBURY BLVD
- RANKIN HOMES INC
- Tobin-McFarland Surveying Inc111 W Wheeling St
- Tobin-McFarland Surveying Inc
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICE3354 E Broad St
- XYZ SURVEY SERVICE