Stryker Pest Control LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since August 2013

3460 Westway Dr

Columbus, OH 43204

We are a small family business, located in Columbus, Ohio. We do not have sub-contracting. All our technicians are fully licensed and insured. We accept cash, check and credit card payments....

06/28/2019

David G.

The inspector who came out (Derek) to look for possible squirrel infestation in my soffit area was professional and thorough. He examined my attic area, and made sure to get all the details about what my potential infestation might be. However, the area of possible squirrel invasion is about 30' off the ground, and although he told me that it looked like there might be squirrel holes in the soffit area, their company policy of 1 man per job did not allow them to use the larger ladder that would be required for subsequent follow-up animal removal. He did say, however, that if we decided to set traps on the ground level and use their company, the $75 inspection fee would be credited back. He wrote the receipt up with all the informaton on it so I could get reimbursed from my condo association.

Description of Work
Inspection for squirrel trapping and removal

06/20/2019

Kevin L.

requested a quote via their website; filled out website form; they never responded

Description of Work
website quote request

Category pest control

[Member Name Removed], You sent us a message on Saturday June 8th. We called and left a voicemail on Monday June 10th. You may want to check your voicemail. The number we called ended in 0122.

06/17/2019

Ron C.

We had some renovation work done on our home built in the 1930's, this work exposed some damage from carpenter ants which led us to find termites as well. I can’t express enough how stressful it feels to know that there are pests literally eating your home from the inside out and we would have never known until it was potentially too late and much more costly. I called Stryker and I couldn’t be happier with the service. John was very patient and explained in great detail how the pests worked during his inspection and assured me the steps we have taken and his treatment would solve the problem. The treatment went as planned. John and his crew arrived on time and began the work. John was very professional and explained to me once again in great detail how things were going to work and how he would be back next year for another inspection.

Description of Work
Termite and Carpenter Ant treatment

Category pest control,home inspection

04/16/2019

Bill B.

I thought that we had a yellowjacket problem. John Stryker arrived exactly at the promised time, took one look and explained that we had what are called field ants. They had created a mound in the lawn in a nest that was about 18 inches in diameter. John explained that the nest was probably about 2 feet deep and used a device to inject the insecticide deep into the ground. He took the time to explain that the grass roots around the nest would have been destroyed and that we would need to reseed the small area. The price was reasonable and the service was prompt and efficient. I'm happy to recommend the company and if we encounter problems with other pests, call Stryker Pest Control again.

Description of Work
Treat an area in the lawn where field ants had created a next

04/13/2019

Kewei L.

I paid Stryker to bring them on site to have a home inspection so they can provide pricings for crawl space/attic cleanup and rodent exclusion services which they cannot provide the exact pricing over the phone without an inspection. Below are the key points based on my experience with them: 1. Office ladies Jordan/Emily are professional and extremely helpful in answering questions and explaining their services. 2. Their pricing are reasonable. Charging for a fee for simply an inspection to provide additional pricings for cleanup and rodent exclusion also makes sense to me. 3. Inspection doesn't go well. Not sure if this is how they do inspection or my expectation was too high. They did a fine job in the crawl space as well as checking the entry points outside. But they only spent about 20 seconds checking the two attics. I told them i was concerned about the attic and how bad the mice damaged the insulation. I was told there were a couple of droppings and it was not bad at all. When I asked them whether there are nestings or dead mice, they said no. All of these would've been a good news if it was after a thorough inspection. Unfortunately that didn't happen. In fact, I was a little shocked that they didn't wear a mask in checking the attic and that probably explained why they rushed everything up in the attic. I was planning to have a long-term relationship with them on the pest control. Now I am reluctant to move forward with them after the inspection.

Description of Work
Home inspection for rodents/ants control

Category home inspection

02/16/2019

Kaara P.

Stryker was extremely punctual, affordable, and thorough. Their traps are kid & pet friendly so I don't have to worry. They placed the traps and gave us actionable steps for keeping the mice out. I would recommend them!

Description of Work
Mouse Trap

01/27/2019

Mark S.

I would recommend their service. I didn't know them prior to having my issue. Throughout my service, a period of about 3 weeks, the owners and employees were all very responsive to my requests. I spoke with them several times throughout their service. The groundhog was removed successfully. I did check with several other providers and felt this one was very reasonable and economical. They helped my issue at a fair price. I'm glad I went with Stryker. They were professional and served my needs.

Description of Work
groundhog removal

Category pest control,animal removal

11/03/2018

Brian C.

Punctual, good communications of service rendered, professionalism and courtesy. I will hire again.

Description of Work
Insect control

10/22/2018

MICHAEL P.

very well, very knowledgeable and personable. Showed all possible entry points and we have closed those off.

Description of Work
control of mice entering home and into walls

09/13/2018

PATRICIA P.

I have known owner, John, for a VERY long time and enjoyed using him for needs both, at my home and office building. John is Extremely knowledgeable in all things pests, as well as being Personable and Professional. When you use Stryker Pest Control you get the BEST Service there is from the person who answers the phone to the technician who performs the service. On this particular occasion I suspected I had a problem in my house crawl space. John thoroughly inspected the crawl space and no holes or pests. However, he did notice (as I had recently noticed myself) "crystals" in my crawl space. This is caused by TOO MUCH Moisture and can lead to other problems. I do have a humidifier but it was not "doing the job." I re-read the manual and found settings. I have taken it off "continuous" mode so I can lower the humidity level desired as well as turned on the "Turbo" button for Maximum moisture removal. I see a LOT of water coming out of the machine now. I've had many people in my basement with a 2016 water main break and 2018 for replacement of sump pump and all drains to the street. However, NO ONE noticed that my cement bricks were too moist like John did! So, once again, I learned some valuable information from John! Don't even Consider contacting ANY Other Company for Pest Control. Stryker is the BEST!!

Description of Work
Investigate crawl space for pests

Category pest control,home inspection

09/06/2018

SUE & ED P.

There don't seem to be any ants inside the home.

Description of Work
Ant bate was put in the kitchen and the home and yard were all sprayed for ants.

08/14/2018

Mark W.

John came round very punctually after calling to check if he could come earlier than scheduled, and inspected the basement of our old house. Looking at the joists that I thought had been chewed up by powderpost beetles, he diagnosed .... dog! This was great detective work based on experience that goes beyond just the technical. Apparently fight dogs are kept in basements and trained to jump up for meat or to bite and cling onto basement joists. Pretty grim, but it explains why the basement door is all scratched up, and it was a relief to know that no insect treatment was needed. He checked the whole basement and found an area of old termite damage, but confirmed it was completely inactive. Very informative and professional.

Description of Work
Inspection for wood-eating insects

08/10/2018

Rocco P.

I needed to determine if extensive damage to a deck floor joist was caused by insects. John, the owner, quickly determined that I did not have an insect problem, but water damage. He also gave me advice on how to prevent the damage in the future. He did not charge me for the call.

08/01/2018

Dennis E.

They set traps, but nothing was captured because apparently the mother with its young had already vacated the holes under our front stoop before Stryker arrived. Towards the end, they did however capture a raccoon. Two weeks later, Stryker removed the traps, filled the holes, and plugged the holes with concrete.

Description of Work
Skunk Intervention

07/23/2018

Matt P.

Great. They were very responsive, courteous and prompt. Our basement required a follow-up treatment but they came back at no charge.

Description of Work
Flea extermination

06/21/2018

Robert U.

Excellent service. Highly professional. Took time to explain baiting/trapping strategies. Rats/mice gone. Groundhog caught and removed in one day. Also inadvertently caught an opossum, which they removed on a Sunday afternoon after a Sunday morning call. Will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Rat/mice control and groundhog removal

Category pest control,animal removal

06/11/2018

EVAN S.

As it was supposed to go. A raccoon was trapped and they came out and took raccoon and traps away

Description of Work
we thought we had a raccoon in our chimney, they placed traps with baits that eventually trapped the raccoon

Category animal removal

06/08/2018

Jean S.

Felt the young man who came out was knowledgeable and trustworthy. A well-known company I called never showed up and tried to set me up on a scheduled maintenance plan without firsthand knowledge of the problem. Everyone I talked to at Stryker was reassuring, helpful and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Had a carpenter ant plus other ant issues.

05/23/2018

Patricia C.

This is 3rd time I've used Stryker Pest Control to eliminate ants that find their way in every spring. They are quick to arrive and do their thing, and the ants disappear. Will not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Interior/exterior pest treatment

03/07/2018

Terri B.

Extremely professional. Effective results. Hopefully I won’t have to - but would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Mouse extermination

02/14/2018

Cindy N.

They identified the rodent entry areas and set boxes inside and out. They were very courteous and explained clearly their treatment. Did a follow up in s couple of weeks.

Description of Work
Rodent problem in the basement

11/06/2017

ABIGAIL H.

Had Stryker come out about 3 weeks ago. They did a great job!!! The whole process took maybe an hour or so. The owner himself came out to the house. Which to me speaks volumes. If the owner works hard the whole company works hard. He was great! We had him spray for insects for the upcoming winter. We had no issues and haven't seen a bug/spider since. I'd definitely use them again in the spring to prevent anything else. Highly recommended.!

Description of Work
Pest Control

11/06/2017

PAMELA A H.

John, the owner, is very knowledgeable and did a thorough assessment of the situation providing his estimate to address the issue. John provides the level of detail needed to help you understand the issue and how it can be treated, very patient. This is the 2nd time I have had Stryker and found them to be very professional, punctual, and very fair with the pricing of their services. Results both times have been excellent and I would have them again if I have an issue.

Description of Work
Needed to have assessment of house to determine what type of pest it was and then spraying the house for the bugs.

11/01/2017

Jeff S.

Went great very professional and knowlegable

Description of Work
Termite removal

10/31/2017

Craig W.

If you call them if there is something in the trap they will come out and remove it from trap. They are not so fast on the weekend.

Description of Work
They are catching squirrels for us.

Stewart Home Inspections LLC

At Stewart Home Inspections LLC we service the Central Ohio area. We offer $111,000 in free warranties with every Home Inspection. We are on the board of realtors in Franklin, Farifield, Pickaway and Licking counties as well as the Scioto Valley Association of Realty. Our inspector, Wayne, has many years of construction experience to bring to the table and is very friendly and approachable. He works around your schedule and tries to have all our reports back to you with in 24 hours of your inspection. We would love to help you with your inspection needs call or text us any time at 740-503-7031

Offers by Stewart Home Inspections LLC on Angi
    Central Ohio Home Inspection Professionals, LLC

Complete, professional, and thorough Home Inspections. Also can provide Radon Testing, WDI (wood destroying insect) Inspections and Mold Testing. We welcome first time buyers or experienced homeowners. All inspections include a written report, with pictures. We stick with our clients, even after the sale, to answer any questions or help anyway we can.

Top Line Home Inspections, LLC

We deliver accurate, thorough, home inspections and total customer service to the Central Ohio area. We are members of the American Society of Home Inspectors, and adhere to their Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Angie's List members get $50 off all home inspections.

State of Ohio
    Ohio Department of Agriculture
    09/30/2019

Residential & Commercial Pest Control, Termite Inspections & Treatments. Animal Control & Removal, Bed Bug Treatments, Bat Control.