The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains

Founded 2014 • With Angi since August 2017

Here at The Rooter Works, we strive to abide by our mission statement "quality plumbing, at a fair price". Wether you have a leaky faucet, clogged drain or plumbing nightmare. The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains is your one stop plumbing shop!

4.4

4.1

4.4

plumbers (32)drain cleaning (25)drain pipe installation (12)well & water pump repair (7)water heaters (5)sewer cleaning (1)water softeners (1)excavating (8)

09/25/2022

Kathryn K.

Our shower installer representative said they would clean the drain if it were stopped up. The drain was stopped up the first time I used the shower. I tried calling Roto Rooter but somehow Rooter Works stole the call. A truck labeled Rooter stopped at the end of my driveway. I could read the word Rooter.. The plumber said it would be $400 to drill the drain with a hand held drill. I thought the shower installer was paying for this, so I signed. It took no longer than about 15 minutes. The shower installer had taped 3 tiny holes in the line in the basement. The plumber said it needed a short 5" insert in place of tape. That took under 10 minutes to cut out with a hand held tool, and slip an insert into its place. The plumber had me sign $400. again. Same $400 as before? The shower installer said he had fixed a stoppage in the shower drain while installing it, and refused to pay any additional charge. Cost would have been under $100 for Roto Rooter and about $50 for pinhole leaks. Rooter Works charged about $800! They have ad on Internet now at $83 for drain cleaning. They are a SCAM!

Description of Work
Shower new drain stopped up.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/25/2022

Review for The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains - 6665 Huntley Rd, Columbus, OH - 39886338

07/07/2022

Robert H.

Ill make it simple I had a leak that was caused from them and they told me they would have to cut the ceiling out to fix the leak but because it was there fault that there insurance would cover the repairs by the way I was talking to one of there managers the whole time that's who told me this stuff. Long story short because I was a fool to trust them and not record everything they now claim they made no such statements and don't have documents of it and now I have to pay for all the repairs that they caused to my ceiling and wall. Don't waste your time from theses people. Also I have gave this company over 10k in plumbing repairs and they still did this to me. Satisfaction Guaranteed,Customer Focused direct from site what a joke.

Description of Work
A leak caused from them

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

06/27/2022

Stephen Z.

I hired Rooter Works to replace multiple valves, kitchen faucet, and kitchen sink. To start, when the plumber replaced the kitchen sink he did not ensure that the plumbing was level and plumb so a week after install the plumbing broke loose and flooded my kitchen. The plumber had also replaced an exterior valve for my water hose, after the install he left the cut copper line in the yard with the old water hose attached, the cut portion of the copper line was very sharp. Finally, I paid for the lines to connect my newly replaced lines to the faucet in my bathroom but the plumber never installed them and took the flexible lines with him. In conclusion, the work completed was unprofessional and very expensive for the lack of consideration for the customer. I will never again hire this company.

Description of Work
Sink install, faucet install, valve replacements

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

Review for The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains - 6665 Huntley Rd, Columbus, OH - 39780562

06/27/2022

Stephen Z.

Reuter works, marketed as a professional plumbers simply is not the case. Given the amount charged for simple items the work was sloppy to say the least. The plumbing underneath my sink was done to bare minimum functionality to the point in which nothing was plumb or level causing the plumbing to break loose and flood my kitchen. I had several valves replaced throughout my home. I had paid for hookup lines to my sink in the bathroom to go from the newly installed valve to the faucet, the plumber took the lines with him after the job was complete. The plumber replaced the valve for my water hose outside and left the sharp cut copper line in my backyard with the hose still attached, dangerous and lazy. In conclusion, Rooter Works showed lack of professionalism and care for their customers home. Will never hire again.

Description of Work
Faucet replacement, sink replacement, valve replacement.

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

Review for The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains - 6665 Huntley Rd, Columbus, OH - 39780754

06/01/2022

Addison Y.

I called this company to get a drain cleared. Website clearly states "83$ per hour to cable your drain" ... Plumber who arrived diagnosed it as a floor drain clog and claimed that to cable that drain was $352 (see estimate) but offered a discount to make it almost $300. That is an outrageously high price for a simple clogged floor drain. The first time I asked about the $83 per hour he acted confused and said "customers keep asking about it" and the second time I asked about the $83 price (after he had diagnosed it as a simple floor drain issue) he said it was only for laterals. Baloney. Check their BBB reviews, its completely insane how many complaints they have. Giving two stars because at least they picked up the phone and were polite and did show up on time.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/01/2022

Review for The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains - 6665 Huntley Rd, Columbus, OH - 39751978

05/03/2022

Nelson O.

Great quality & professionalism!!!!! Would highly recommend...... Nelson O.....

Description of Work
Leak in bathtub

Work Completed On 05/03/2022

07/09/2021

SUE J.

Great service - easy to schedule and loved DeLonn Merrill -- very professional, friendly and a GREAT sense of humor.

Description of Work
drains snaked

Work Completed On 07/09/2021

05/28/2021

Randy H.

Excellent. BT was the plumber who repaired my issue. He was very professional, courteous and the repair was done in a very timely manner. i was very impressed with Rooter Works and BT and will definitely use them next time I have a plumbing issue.

Description of Work
Replace leaking sprocket for outside garden hose

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

05/10/2021

cecilia M.

Had an excellent experience. Called and got an appt the next day. My plumber "Stoney" was polite, on time and efficient. He explained the problem and fixed it with little fuss. A real "old school" plumber. Would defintely call again.

Description of Work
outside spigot replaced

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

04/09/2021

Danielle D.

Peter and Brandon were absolutely FANTASTIC when installing our new Tankless water heater. Thank you for cleaning up your work area and getting us endless hot water!

Description of Work
Tankless Water Heater install

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

02/24/2021

C. David S.

Pipes thawed before they got here. They checked for leaks and didn't charge for the service call.

Description of Work
Frozen Pipes

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/22/2021

Kim H.

All was fine, surely would have wanted a lesser price, but like he said, plumbing is expensive. He performed the work on top of tolit seat and it got scratches.

Description of Work
Ball valve and tank gasket Kik, replaced.

Category excavators

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

02/18/2021

dorothy T.

plumber did a great job. he was very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Sump Pump installed

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

02/15/2021

Jason D.

Hunter was very professional and came in and was gone in 2 hours. Quick and easy. I would recommend and ask for Hunter he was awesome.

Description of Work
Main line unclog

Category excavators, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

02/08/2021

sanford L.

Very pleased with service. An estimator from another company said they thought I needed a new drain pipe which would cost a lot. My technician, Jack, said he did not think that was necessary. He cleaned the drain and solved the problem for a small fraction of my other estimate.

Description of Work
clean drain pipe for washing machine

Category excavators, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

01/22/2021

Barbara G.

The team of Jerrod, Josh and Elaine were hard-working and professional and had great communication for the current issue and potential plumbing work needed in the future. They got it done!

Description of Work
Sewer work

Category excavators, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

01/18/2021

Derrick M.

They did a great job and replaced the outside faucet. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Outdoor faucet

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

01/13/2021

Angela I.

Kyle was the Technician. He was prompt, professional and thorough with his work. He assessed the needs and provided with a quote with clarity. As needed, you’ve gained a long term customer! I would definitely recommend the services of Rooter Works Plumbing.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

01/12/2021

Stacy S.

1/12/21. Mr. Shoemaker came to fix our toilet. He assessed what was needed for the job. He went & bought the necessary parts. He came back promptly & installed said parts. He wore shoe coverings & a mask. I would highly recommend Rooter Works to anybody. Mr. Shoemaker did a fabulous job! He also gave me an estimate for a new water softener system.

Description of Work
Toilet handle & inner toilet pump.

Category plumbing, water softeners

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

12/19/2020

jim V.

shoeshowed up on time, gave me a price that was acceptsble and installed the disposal he was professional. courteous and quick. You couldn\t ask for more. Iwould csll him again

Description of Work
needrd new disisposal

Category excavators, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/19/2020

12/18/2020

Danielle D.

Once again, The Rooter Works wowed us with their service. I cant say Thank you enough to Alex and Kyle for helping get our Toilet replaced so quickly.

Description of Work
Toilet Replacement

Category excavators

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

12/15/2020

Michael B.

Gary & Jarrod were very timely and prompt. They helped me understand my plumbing issues in a way I could understand. This company is awesome with their response times and I recommend them to everyone. Very friendly from start to finish. Thank you!!! ________ Update: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY Rooterworks offers a discount to write a good review BEFORE they do any work. For anyone who read my review and went off of it I personally apologize. Let me get into a timeliness of events. After I wrote this post Rooterworks did tear up my yard and put in a new drain system. No November 20th I noticed water coming into my house and noticed that rooter works never finished the job. My sump pump never was fixed to the drain lines installed. I called them and their manager had me send him a photo of the issue. He promised to be out that day. I had to call every single day until they finally came out December 7th. Everyday I was promised resolution and offered apologies. I will try to attach the fix I had to do on a $4000 system(its a spool of duct tape). Jarrod came out and fixed the pipe. He then informed me I had a main water leak. He told me he would send out someone to find the problem and quote me. I called the water company who came out and assessed a leak under my house. I then called out 8 plumbers who legitimately all made it to my house before rooter works. When rooterworks showed up Gary sat in his car for 30 minutes then Tim showed up. Tim insulted everything about my house. He then acted like this was a job never seen before in all of his years. He called the job "untouchable". I asked for a quote and he refused to give a solid answer. I asked for a ballpark. They tried to bully me into starting to do work. I asked for the ballpark against, Tim said 15-20k. I informed him I had a quote from Eco Plumbers for $8900. Tim and Gary started ranting about eco plumbers and stormed out of the room. I stopped them in my garage and said ok, so you are not going to give me a quote? Tim said he would call his manager. While on the phone Gary brought up the drain pipe. I told him I hated it and they should make up for it on this new quote. He started arguing with me about their work on the drain pipe. I told both of them to get off of my property and they are not welcomed back. This was the strangest quote exchange I have ever heard of. They were highly unprofessional. The excavation manager spoke with my wife on the phone his name is David or Dave. He promised to make things right that day. He promised to come out and clean up their mess from the previous job and to send us a $8000 quote for the new work. Like all promises before these were just words. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY Fact: Eco plumbers sent out 1 man who was able to give me a solid quote in 10 minutes. He was very professional and nice. I did go with Atlas Butler Plumbing who was also very professional and tried to save me money. In the end they price matched eco plumbers. I recommend literally any company over rooter works who are very unprofessional and all lie to their customers constantly. Go read my other reviews. I'm a real person. I bet with research you will see Rooterworks reviews are fake and written before work is ever done because they offer a discount.

Description of Work
Drain Line Collpase

Category excavators, plumbing