Hang Ups Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 1999

3751 April Ln

Columbus, OH 43227

Hang Ups is a small family business that has been around over 35 years. Let our knowledgeable staff help you through the window covering process. The same person will help you design the look of your dreams, the precise measure, layout, and finally they will be the same one coming back to install the finished product. Additional email - info@hangupsinc.com....

05/13/2019

ROSEMARY P.

From the moment Mark came to my house to recommend what he felt would look perfect in my 100-year-old Mission house, I knew that his judgment was outstanding and that he should be the one to install my blinds. I hired him right away and the results of his work are perfect. He and his son did the work in the most professional and meticulous way. I recommend this company 100% and with enthusiasm!

Description of Work
I needed wood blinds installed in 12 windows.

04/24/2019

V W.

We are very pleased with entire process! Mark is a very knowledgeable and personable salesman and his son, Ryan, is a very efficient and personable installer. From price to color to quality....everything was exactly what we wanted. Anyone interested in purchasing window coverings should contact Hang Ups, inc. before you sign with anyone else.

Description of Work
We needed replacement aluminum blinds for 4 windows

09/20/2018

Elaine G.

Mark knows what he's doing and works efficiently. He's also very personable.

Description of Work
Restring a traverse rod.

05/15/2018

Karen W.

They put in an electric drape system that is wonderful. Painted it to match the room. Love them!!

Description of Work
Electric Drapes

01/11/2018

Natalie C.

We are thrilled with the result and would highly recommend Mark! Mark was late to our initial consultation appointment, which wasn't the best first impression. However, by the end of the appointment, I knew that as long as his pricing was competitive, he was our guy! Not only was he really knowledgeable about products and installation, but he also helped us select blinds that fit in our budget. We had received quotes from 2 Hunter-Douglas local companies and from CostCo. The products we got from Mark weren't name brand, but Mark said they are basically a private label for HD. These products were also less than HALF of the quotes for the HD products. Even if they don't last as long as HD products (which they probably will, they seem like a high quality), we can replace them all for less than it would have been to work with the HD companies. It only took a few weeks for the blinds to come in and Mark was able to install them before the Holidays. Unfortunately one of the honeycomb blinds was the incorrect type (we ordered cordless, these had cords), but Mark was on the phone with the manufacturer right away and got the corrected order placed. Just after the Holidays, they came to swap out the blinds. It was painless and didn't cost us anything. Overall, we had a really easy and great experience with Hang Ups. The blinds have been installed for nearly a month now and we love how they've enhanced our home.

Description of Work
Blinds/shades for the entire house (approx 15 windows).

10/04/2017

DOUG & LONI B.

It went great. They are a very nice, family owned business. Mark and his son came and installed our blinds on the day promised and on time. Would highly recommend them. Their service and prices were exceptional.

Description of Work
We had new wood blinds installed throughout our house.

05/06/2017

JANET M.

They were great to work with, professional, helpful, prompt, and the pricing was better than I expected.

Description of Work
New window coverings

Category window treatments

Thank you for your kind review! We are glad that you are satisfied with our service and your window coverings.

04/19/2017

JENNIFER M.

We are very pleased with the end result. The shutters are high quality and were installed precisely as measured. Mark and Ryan are very professional, super friendly, and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
We needed custom shutters for our recently finished basement. Mark came out at a convenient time in the evening, provided a creative option to both windows, and explained why each was the best alternative given the space we had. The quote provided was competitive and reasonable.

Category window treatments

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are happy to hear you're enjoying your shutters.

03/29/2017

Caroline R.

Perfectly. We were very pleased with the professionalism, extensive experience, and helpfulness of the owner and his son. We dealt exclusively with these two people throughout the process. They were always courteous and responded to phone calls, concerns, and questions immediately. They showed up when expected and called if they were running a little late. We were also very pleased with the quality of their work and love our new window treatments! I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Hang-Ups replaced 12 of our plastic shutters with window wood shutters, installed a Tri-Light cordless shade in another window, and replaced our dining room sheers and drapes with new, updated sheers and drapes.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to hear that you are loving the shutters, shade, and drapes.

12/11/2015

Denise T.

Mark and Ryan at Hang Ups are a great team. This will be the third time we have used this company, and we love their service! We recently had new windows installed, and needed new blinds to match our existing ones. They measured everything perfectly and installed them in record time! They also helped us to save money by figuring out a way for us to reuse some old blinds for the new windows. I would definitely recommend Hang Ups for any window treatments you many need in the future.

Description of Work
Measured, ordered and installed wooden blinds for our home.

06/24/2015

Cindy M.

Everything went really well, we would use them again.

Description of Work
They ordered and measured for blinds in our sunroom and installed them. Ryan also gave us a couple options in our price range.

06/16/2015

William R.

Excellent. Mark was professional all the way and the product is superb.

Description of Work
Fabricated curtains for several rooms.

06/05/2015

William R.

Mark did an excellent job. He was punctual, very knowledgeable and the workmanship was superb. The installation was performed in the highest level of professionalism.

Description of Work
The fabricated, and installed curtains in my living room, dining room and library.

05/23/2015

Michael D.

They have provided us service several times. They are very good.

Description of Work
They provided us blinds for our windows.

05/11/2015

Hope G.

Ryan was great, he called to confirm the appointment and was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Installed curtain rods that I provided with store-bought curtains for 4 windows/2 different rooms.

02/10/2015

DAVID & DOROTHY G.

He came out and installed after going over colors and what we wanted. He did a good job. He even came in under estimate. I was very pleased. I would recommend him to anyone needing blinds. He was very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
I purchased blinds for windows.

11/10/2014

Cheryl E.

Always very friendly and professional. Was in my home on three occasions and each time very professional.

Description of Work
Rehung existing blinds, ordered and hung new blinds and created window treatment.

11/07/2014

Melinda H.

Mark and Ryan were great to work with. Mark communicated regularly and often to keep us informed. The blinds came in as ordered and were installed promptly. There was a small glitch with one of the cornices--the manufacturer sent the wrong size.. He immediately ordered another, and made a special trip back here to install the correct one as soon as it was shipped. He also allowed us to keep the "incorrect" one to use on another window at no charge. We would be delighted to use them again for any window treatments!

Description of Work
He sold us wood blinds for our 9 sunroom windows.

10/23/2014

SUSAN W.

Mark and son Ryan are very easy to work with. I just had new wood floors installed and did not know exactly what type of blinds I wanted or needed. Mark showed me several selections. I decided on one of his suggestions and I am so glad I did! The solar blinds look just great!!! I am very happy! While Mark and Ryan were here installing the blinds, my decorator called and reminded me of a bracket that had pulled away from the wall. Mark and Ryan were nice of enough to fix it for me! I will definitely use Hang-Ups again. I will recommend them to my friends and relatives!

Description of Work
Came to house and measured for solar blinds.

09/30/2014

Lorraine B.

very happy with the entire process. nice people. will recommend and use again.

Description of Work
consulted in our home. gave several options. zeroed in on our price range. helped pick colors and styles. listened to our needs and unique situations. gave written quotes. kept informed of schedules. installed by owner of the company. friendly, clean, knowledgeable, prompt, helpful.

09/30/2014

Jean A.

this is the second time I have used Mark and his son Ryan. They work great as a team-very friendly and professional. They always kept me in the loop with scheduling and always arrived on time. Mark was very helpful in picking out the solar blinds-color & style. The remote control for the upper window is wonderful!!

Description of Work
replace window blind and added transom blind in foyer

08/26/2014

Sandy H.

They kept contact with us about the delivery date and came to install as soon as possible. The install was quick and clean. We also had simple curtain rods and curtains we were putting up over the blinds, and Mark and Ryan, for a reasonable fee, also drilled the walls and installed the rods and put up the curtains. So very patient and helpful and they did a great job, lending their expertise and tasteful suggestions about the curtain placement. This was a year and a half ago, and we are still delighted with the blinds and curtains. There is a warranty with the blinds, and not long after the installation I noticed one of the wood slats was warped and didn't look straight and even. Mark ordered quick replacements and came to repair the blinds with the new pieces. Looks great, wonderful service. Hang Ups was reasonably priced, very knowledgeable and friendly, and made a difficult task much easier for us. They were quick to answer phone messages. We recommend them.

Description of Work
We moved to a new "old" house that had very outdated, dark window treatments. In the midst of remodeling it was difficult to come to decisions for the window coverings, and Hang Ups was a great help. The father-son team spent a lot of time helping us figure out a pleasing solution for the blinds we desired. We ended up with white wood Hunter Douglas blinds in all our living room, dining room, and bedroom windows.

06/23/2014

Jennifer S.

Called for estimate. Spent a lot of time with me on the phone. However, they were so late to the appointment I almost called and said forget it. Apparently their time is more valuable than mine. When they did show up they spent so much time with me that I was still willing to give them a chance. Said they would call the next week. Never heard from them. Given the first two variables very late and no call back (also prior to the appointment he called because he was worried he missed it apparently scheduling is problematic). I would not do business with a flaky company like this. I would be suspicious of investing my money in such an unreliable company. I can't believe they would spend so much time with a potential customer and not call back.

Description of Work
Disappointed

02/13/2014

Jean A.

I absolutely LOVE my solar blinds. I can see outside while the bright light and damaging rays do not come in. Mark was wonderful to work with, very professional, and helpful with ideas I had not thought of. He has been doing this a long time and knows the product. I was pleased with the price and ordering schedule. He kept me up to date on the delivery. He and Ryan installed the blinds, made sure I knew how they worked and cleaned up. I will definitely use them in the future and recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Solar blinds for sun room windows: free estimate, ordered, installed

01/13/2014

MARGARET L.

Very professional job. Friendly and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
hung new valances

Category interior designers, window treatments