Bill Lewis Cement Contractor

Founded 1974 • With Angi since November 1999

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

2401 Strimple Ave

Columbus, OH 43229

Owner operated. Cost is determined by the job....

concrete repair (29)concrete driveways (12)masonry (6)

11/29/2017

It went well once the project started. We are likely a little outside of their normal work area, which made scheduling the work a little difficult. The start of the work was delayed several times, which resulted in us performing the work in October instead of July/August. This led to some issues with related work like soil and final grading, which I was doing. Overall, the quality of their work is...

Description of Work
Prepared base and poured approximately 2100 SF of driveway and turn-around.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

08/01/2017

All went fantastically well. I have hired for many projects and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Concrete Driveway Sidewalk Curb repair barn floor Driveway Apron

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

05/08/2015

I telephoned him two days in a row leaving a message for him to get back to me. He never did.

Description of Work
Nothing

Work Completed On 05/08/2015

04/10/2014

Mr. Lewis provided excellent service. He arrived when scheduled, and I was pleased with the result. The work site was cleaned after each day. His pricing is very competitive.

Description of Work
Replaced front walk and steps

Category masonry

Work Completed On 04/03/2014

09/10/2013

It went well. I thought his price was raqsonable and he did a professional job.

Description of Work
Repaired the driveway gutter

Category concrete driveways,masonry

Work Completed On 07/10/2013

05/20/2012

Bill was wonderful to work with from beginning to end. He quickly gave us an estimate and did the work when he said he would. Not only did he replace our steps, he reconfigured them so they are much easier to climb. He pulled out the old brick walkway in the front of our house, stacked the bricks neatly in our driveway for our future use, and then designed, built and poured a new walkway leading o...

Description of Work
Bill replaced our concrete front steps and our front walkway.

Work Completed On 05/01/2012

04/19/2012

Mr. Lewis answered all of my questions and provided good sound advice to so I could make an informed decision. I could not have asked for a better outcome.

Description of Work
In July 2011 Bill Lewis gave us an estimate to replace and existing patio and enlarge the footprint of our patio. His estimate was within our price range and the work performed was well worth it. The job was done on time and with perfection. This was the first piece of work performed. Within a couple of months of completion we had a sewer line collapse which resulted in approximately 40% of our patio needing to be removed to access the sewer pipe. Mr. Lewis cut and removed that portion of the slab so that when it needed to be replaced and attached to the remaining patio, it would be as seamless as possible. He gave us good advice about what we should do with the 9' trench we had in the yard and also suggested that we wait until this spring to replace the patio so that the ground would settle. The patio section was poured as is almost identical to the original pour. My satisfaction level with Bill is high and I will have him return to do work on our garage floor and pour a new driveway. Bill Lewis is a true professional that you can rely on. I will not look for another concrete contractor to do any work for me.

Work Completed On 03/26/2012

10/11/2011

It was $2200 for the apron and the sidewalk and $3500 for the driveway. They gave me a verbal, not a written, estimate. We chose not to go with them because of the price. They also told me it was too late in the year to do it. They were booked for the rest of the month and November would be too late.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate to take out the old concrete and put in new for the driveway and apron.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

Work Completed On 10/04/2011

08/23/2011

The overall experience was great. The work was performed as we had discussed with Mr. Lewis and I never had to give it a second thought. When I came home I found excellent work and done as we discussed. We wanted this work done as quickly as possible and when Mr. Lewis had a cancellation, he moved us up on his calendar. That made a tremendous difference in our overall timeline.

Description of Work
Mr. Lewis poured a new patio for us and in the process removed a portion of an old patio and replaced it to match the new pour. In addition he had to support the existing roof overhang which he did successfully with not damage. Mr. Lewis provided good suggestions to help us save money and still get what we wanted. I will definitely ask Bill to come back and do additional garage and driveway work for us. He is a great find.

Work Completed On 07/27/2011

04/21/2011

Mr. Lewis was extraordinarily responsive. At the time we realized that the concrete could not be repaired, we had intended to put our house on the market. We were anxious to get the work complete so that we wouldn't delay marketing the house. Mr. Lewis promptly returned our calls, provided and estimate, and then put us in his job list. He showed up when he said that he would and finished when prom...

Description of Work
The concrete on our 1920's era home's 9'x30' front porch was disintegrating. Mr. Lewis demolished the porch, the underlying brick wall, and temporarily supported a portico roof (after removing four pillars) and rebuilt the whole thing using the existing foundation. The work looks terrific and his care/caution around our mature landscaping was impressive. One of our neighbors commented that he had never seen such professionalism and we couldn't agree more.

Category concrete repair,masonry

Work Completed On 04/08/2011

Concrete flatwork - driveways, patios, sidewalks, curbs, basement and garage floors. Residential and small commercial.