BATHROOM & KITCHEN SERVICES LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since November 2007

5841 EMPORIUM SQ

Columbus, OH 43231

Bathroom & Kitchen Services provides professional renovation services using quality products and excellent workmanship at a great value. We offer a highly trained staff to assist you with your remodel from start to finish, including design (when necessary), remodeling, warranty and service follow up for all our customers. Our customers take pride in their homes, so we take pride in the quality and value of our services. When working with us, you can expect friendly service, attention to detail, integrity and experienced craftsmanship from our administrative and production staff members. Bathroom & Kitchen Services has been serving Columbus Ohio and the surrounding areas since 2004. Certifications: - Licensed Plumber with the State of Ohio (license number 29352) - Certified Kitchen Designer through NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association) - Certified Lead-Safe Contractor (EPA) Typical Job Costs: Each project is tailored to the specific budget and needs of the customer. We are available for a simple vanity or floor replacement, a custom shower design and install, a master suite full remodel, and kitchen updates to full remodels. Our goal is to provide quality items and excellent workmanship at a great value....

10/02/2020

Iris T.

We were pleased with the results and received compliments from our friends. When we recently discovered a problem in the master shower, they came right out to inspect and agreed to remediate the issue. They ordered the necessary materials, fixed everything to our satisfaction and honored the warranty on their work. Thank you!

Description of Work
Bathroom & Kitchen Services remodeled three bathrooms for us in 2016-17.

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

04/12/2019

Dennis B.

I recently hired Bathroom and Kitchen Services, LLC to remodel the main bathroom in my home and a half-bathroom in the basement. Both rooms were seriously in need of repairs and updates. From the initial discussion of the project, to the design and selection of finishes and materials being used, the staff made the process very easy. Demolition and construction was very quick. Even with surprises found in the original structure, the staff made the necessary corrections to avoid future problems. Design changes throughout the construction were implemented without any problems. The staff made minimal disruptions to my home during the remodeling process. The project was completed within the timeframe originally promised. I was left with an absolutely beautiful bathroom, which is larger and more functional than before. The half-bath in the basement is now functional as well as beautiful. The quality of work done by Bathroom and Kitchen Services, LLC was exceptional. I was impressed with John Sharpe, who as the project manager, kept me updated on the scheduling and progress of the project. His knowledge and expertise was demonstrated throughout the project. From the relationship that grew from this project, I now consider John as a good and valued friend. I would not hesitate to use Bathroom and Kitchen Services, LLC for future remodeling projects, and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Remodeling of main bathroom, and of a basement half-bath

Category ceramic tile, drywall, hardwood floor, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

09/08/2016

Myra E.

My project manager, Scott, helped me. He designed the entire project & got me exactly what I wanted. I now have a wonderful new tub & tile area & new fixtures in the bathroom. I can't say enough about how well the entire project went. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced an old tub & added new tile around the tub area w/new bath fixtures.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

07/12/2016

James H.

Work was excellent. Done competently and very professionally. Project manager was very knowledgeable and interacted very well with us. Work was performed in a timely manner, with minimal home disruption.

Description of Work
Replaced countertops, vanities, and toilet in residential master bath.

Category countertops, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to submit this review. It was truly a pleasure working with the two of you! We hope you enjoy the new countertops for many years to come!

03/13/2016

Tim M.

Prompt and courteous for the appointment. Was stunned at the price that was quoted which was between $11,000 to $13,000. This is a partial remodel, not complete. Thanked them for coming out but told them their price was exorbitantly high.

Description of Work
Provided estimate to partially remodel a master bath

Category remodeling, home remodeling

08/17/2015

ROGER R.

The office staff of Scott and Abbi were very helpful in helping to design and to make sure we were very happy in selecting the products and service needed in remodeling our Master Bathroom and adding a tile floor in our Jack and Jill bathroom. They made sure all our questions, or concerns were answered in timely manner. The lead contractor Tom and his helper Pete were very professional and did excellent work. I was very impress with Tom in that he could also do excellent work in electrical, or pluming and that he didn't need to hire subcontractor do that type of work. They always made sure to clean up after each day work and made sure they communicated with us their schedules.would be each and every day. We had a lot of great comments from friends and family in how great the bathrooms look. I wouldn't hesitate in highly recommending this company

Description of Work
Remodeled the Master Bath with new shower, whirlpool tub, toilet, granite counter top, tile flooring and new lighting. New tile floor in Jack and Jill bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

The two of you are always a pleasure to work with! Thank you for the kind review! We trust that your updated bathroom will bring you years of pleasure!

08/10/2015

Zach P.

I had solicited 4 quotes from different Angie's List providers with good ratings. I chose Bathroom & Kitchen Services, LLC because their price was competitive with their peers and they had the most professional demeanor and welcoming approach of the 4. They were extremely patient and flexible with our goals and questions, and they were able to give us an accurrate estimated start window and project duration. They worked with us on the exact start date as it neared. The project did have a couple issues through no fault of theirs, and they were able to work through them to minimize the time we were without our shower. They proactively followed up with us after the project had been completed to ensure everything was in order and no follow-up was required. Will go to them again for future upgrades.

Description of Work
Replaced tub and shower surround with new tub and Onyx surround plus fixtures. Installed offset flange on toilet

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

It was our pleasure meeting you and helping you update your home to better suit your needs (and solve some ongoing problems!). We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this kind review. It's also good to know how we compared to the other contractors you were considering.

07/30/2015

Lisa H.

The process went far more smoothly than I had dared to hope, given the problems with the old plumbing and old water damage. The initial visits were to examine the space and figure out what could and couldn't be done. It took a few trips to make sure everything was accounted for, but it was worth it to make sure everything was done to code, with permits, and the way we wanted it. The designer at their office was very helpful and had a lot of great suggestions. I was especially happy that they didn't limit me to just the selections in their showroom. I'm very picky about style and color and ended up purchasing some of the tile myself from different sources to make sure I got just what I wanted. We did the demo work ourselves to save some money, and once we had the room gutted, they came in and took over. It took a few weeks to do the work because of all the different steps involved. I was always kept very well informed about who would be at my house each day and what they would be doing. The project manager was always on top of everything and made himself available to me whenever I had questions or concerns. There were only a few little hiccups along the way but they were corrected immediately and to my satisfaction. We just did the final walk through and I now have a room that is beautiful, functional and adds value to my home. One thing I want to particularly note was how incredibly punctual everyone at this company was. If they said they were going to be at my house at a certain time, they were there. In my experience it's very rare to find service people who can keep to that kind of a timeline. It indicated to me that they respected me as a customer and their reputation as a business. I was also very pleased with the way they handled the payment process. Everything was very clearly spelled out at the beginning and the percentages they needed at each step of the process were reasonable. We made a few changes along the way but they kept meticulous records of everything so I always felt I knew where I stood. I do know that this wasn't the cheapest remodeling job I could have done in this space, but I wanted a company I could trust to do quality work with quality materials, and that's what I got.

Description of Work
I had a small bathroom remodeled and converted from a non-usable full bath to a half bath. (The original shower wasn't to code and there was no space to make it fit correctly without adding a very expensive dormer.)

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! And thank you for choosing us to help you with this project. We truly enjoyed working with you, and love the styles and colors that you chose! We trust that you will be able to enjoy this new space for many years to come!

02/03/2015

Anthony P.

Great job and great value for the money. Scott McGrillivray who was our contact person throughout the entire process was outstanding in his service! Scott and the showroom crew walked us through the process and gave us solid recommendations and advise. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Remodeled two bathrooms

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the great review, and thank you for choosing us to help you update your home! It was our pleasure to be able to work with you and your family!

10/17/2014

Thomas T.

They did an outstanding job. Really not one complaint - they fit it in our timing window and Scott worked with us on design modifications and Tom was an excellent foreman to make sure the job was completed at the highest quality.

Description of Work
Remodeled a 20 year old master bathroom. We removed an old single person stall shower and extended the wall to make a two person, double shower head walk-in shower. All exiting tile around the shower and spa tub were replaced as was the carpeted floor - now all tile. Tile in new expanded shower, around spa tub and floor - all new.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review. Working with the two of you has been such a pleasure. All of the elements came together wonderfully! The floor and tub area compliment the elegance of the rest of your home, and the expanded shower will bring years of enjoyment!

06/22/2014

Anita K.

We are very happy with our remodel. We requested estimates from several remodeling companies, and the quote from Bathroom and Kitchen Services LLC, in comparison, was very reasonable and fair. Our salesman, Scott, was always professional and pleasant. My husband and I both felt that Scott was a delight to work with throughout the entire remodeling project. Scott helped us with design options, had great ideas, and worked within our budget. He responded to calls and emails promptly, and was frequently at our home checking on details and the progress of the remodel. The in-house designer, Abby, was very helpful in guiding our product and color selections at the Bathroom and Kitchen showroom, and also in recommending other product showrooms for a broader selection. During the remodel, every effort was made to keep our home clean and dust free, by sealing doors openings and vents ,and covering carpets and floors. Scott made sure we were completely satisfied with every detail of the completed remodel. Our new kitchen, laundry room, and family room are beautiful. I would highly recommend Bathroom and Kitchen Services.

Description of Work
A kitchen remodel with hardwood floors, soffit removal, new cabinets, quartz countertops,subway tile backsplash, and new lighting. A laundry room remodel with hardwood floors and new cabinets. Also, removing the wood spindles between the kitchen/family room, painting the wood paneling in the family room, and adding hardwood floors..

Category ceramic tile, countertops, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

We were very harpy to be a part of the [member name removed] kitchen remodel. The end result is a project we will be proud to display in photos for others to see. Enjoy good cooking and family time in your new kitchen Anita.

04/14/2014

Anthony C.

I personally tried 3 or 4 times over several days to contact them for a quote. Could only get a recording which asked for my phone number. I gave them my address and phone number and never heard back from them. I had my wife try to contact them and she got the same results.

Description of Work
Never used this company as I could establish contact.

Category home remodeling

We regret that such a problem of contacting the company occurred. We did find in February of 2014 when we upgraded our phone system that there was a glitch in the old phone system which caused some calls to be lost. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to call, our enhanced phone system will help us to serve you promptly.

03/17/2014

KARLA N.

The end product is beautiful - we love these bathrooms now! The company is very professional and employs people who care about their work. We had problems with unexpected delays due to sudden loss of an employee and a manufacturer problem with a cabinet, but they did their best to get us back in working order so that we could use our space during the delays. The only issue was forgetting to measure the doors before putting them in, then realizing they needed to be shaved around the edges, necessitating a saga to get the edges done again. In the end, we are pleased with the doors. I'd recommend them. Their work is great.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of two baths. Replace tile, flooring, vanities, counters, cabinets. Add wood floors. Replace shower stall. Replace all doors on second floor.

Category home remodeling

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, and thank you for all the kind words! We are glad to have been able to help you update your home, and working with the two of you was a pleasure! Thanks Again!

12/10/2012

Amy M.

We were very satisfied with the project. They did it as cheaply as they could because that was what we had requested and were very polite and timely.

Description of Work
We had a leaking shower so the tiles and drywall were removed and replaced with marble and new "shower-appropriate" drywall. We saved money by using the same shower door and wall unit. We also had the wood under the linoleum replaced and new linoleum installed.

09/20/2012

LAURA P.

Overall the experience working with Bathroom and Kitchen Services was a very good one. I would work with them again. We had a positive experience during the sales, design and construction processes. Each person we met from BKS was professional and respectful of us, our home and our budget. We were looking for a company that we were comfortable working with from beginning to end and one who could also guide us through the material selection process. In the end, I'm thrilled with our new bathroom and the workmanship provided by BKS. They were easy to work with and wanted to do the job right and make sure we were happy with our bathroom. If something wasn't right to us, then they fixed it. Every remodel has 'problems' ( small or large) and it is how your contractor responds to those problems that tells their character. These guys did a great job. Our initial meeting was with Scott to essentially interview them for the job. We had talked with other companies and liked Scott best from the first meeting. We discussed what we wanted done, some material and design ideas and our budget. Every time we talked with Scott he always explained himself well and answered any of our questions or concerns thoroughly. A short time later, Scott presented us with a work plan and budget and we decided to hire BKS. Scott also kept up with us during the construction. He is part of this project from beginning to end and after the completion. BKS guided us in the material choices as well. I had pictures of bathrooms from books and magazines that I liked and we based the color scheme and design on those pictures. They have a showroom with some products, and we also could go elsewhere to pick what we wanted. We picked out cabinetry, quartz counter top, bathroom tile and faucets, etc with their assistance. We did select many items from their showroom and catalogs and their suggestions. We also went to a couple showrooms in town to see quartz counter tops and bathroom fixtures up close. To me it was an easy process. The construction process was essentially as expected. Tom from BKS was our Project Manager. Tom did great work and was easy to have in our home. He was diligent in his work and respectful of our property. Tom put down floor protectors from the front door to the upstairs bathroom. Any construction mess was confined to the bathroom and was cleaned up every day. The bathroom remodel was finished in 4 weeks. We are very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
We hired Bathroom & Kitchen Services, LLC to renovate our upstairs hall bathroom. The job included gutting the existing bathroom, reconfiguring the layout and then building the bathroom again.

08/29/2012

Anthony P.

Very well. Tom and Scott were very friendly and responsive.

Description of Work
Remodeled and Upgraded Hall Bath and Jack/Jill Bath.

03/30/2012

JOHN & BETTY S.

The work went well. There were some delays. They came back later for some finishing touches.

Description of Work
They redone the kitchen adding new lighting which required the ceiling to be redone. They added new flooring, countertops, tile backsplash, and repainted the walls and cabinets.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling

01/22/2012

David H.

Scott provided us with a very detailed estimate, and then was very patient and accommodating with us as we went through our various options for countertops, sinks, faucets, and backsplash tiles. He met with us both in their showroom and in our house several times. We were also able to consult with their in-house design adviser, to confirm that everything would go well together. While the work was being performed, Scott made sure that it met our expectations, and corrected any minor details that weren't to our liking. The work was completed on schedule, and we were extremely satisfied with the end result. We were very glad we chose Bathroom & Kitchen Services, and would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Installed quartz countertops in kitchen, new sink, faucet, backsplash, dishwasher, and microwave. Also replaced sink fixtures in 3 bathrooms.

10/06/2011

Amy M.

Scott and Tom got everything done as promised at a reasonable price. They followed up when water was still leaking from shower. They cleaned up every day and covered all of the carpets in the area.

Description of Work
Bathroom & Kitchen Services took out tile and base from shower and dry wall around it, treated and replaced areas affected by leakage. They replaced with marble, new base, new drywall, and flooring.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, marble & granite, home remodeling

05/06/2011

Kenneth P.

The company provided me with excellent service. The estimate was accurate and the time the job required to complete was within the allotted time estimated.

Description of Work
Removed old tile and linoleum and install new tile.

Category ceramic tile

04/19/2011

JONATHAN Z.

Let me start with a brief summary: these guys are fantastic. Easy to work with, and do high quality work. Mark is extremely knowlegeable and very creative when it comes to design. They wear far-and-above the best company I interviewed for the job and did great work. I'm hard to please unless you get all the details right, and they did. My refrigerator was located in a corner which precluded me from having a french-door style fridge that I really wanted. I contacted Mark Kresge at Bathroom and Kitchen Services. He returned the call promply and came out to take a look. Mark was head-and-shoulders above the other "A" rated Angie's list folks that came out. They were good, but Mark was clearly very experienced in Kitchen design. He had a ton of really great ideas, though ultimately we ended up working with my design. Mark took my rough design and added a lot of details using his experience to make it beautiful. I met him two times at his storefront (which is a very nice showroom) and went over details. I nit-picked the contract but he was a good sport about it. At the time of signing we set a schedule. They started work on-time. Before demolition of the existing pantry wall, they built a dust wall and enclosed the area. They offerd to remove every night when they left, but I was quite happy to have it left in place. The guys working on the job were fantastic. I have three small kids, one of which was crawling at the time. They made sure to keep things safe for them, and frankly were a pleasure to have at the house. Once the wall was demolished, they found some mechanicals that I didn't know were in there. Mark had made it very clear before I signed the contract that relocating anything they found would be at my option, but at additional cost. When I requested relocating the mechanicals, Mark provided a very reasonable quote and I agreed. They completed the relocation of the mechanicals, framed out the walls, and moved the necessary electrical. I asked them to leave the wall open for my inspection once complete, as I'm familar with codes and construction standards. They did so without complaint even though I know they lost some time on it. The quality of the work was very good, so I authorized them to proceed. They then painted and took care of the flooring. The paint job looked like it needed another coat, and I didn't know if they were planning on doing this, so I called the project manager for the first time. I wanted to make sure they were going to put on a second coat just to make my expectations clear. He called me back the same night and reassured me that they would be putting on a second coat the next morning. Again, the responsiveness was good here. Finally, the set in the new cabinets. The match was perfect, and the trim work and other details makes it look like new pantry cabinets were always there next to the old ones. They did go over the scheduled end date by a few days, but they checked with me first and I was more than happy to be flexible. Somewhere along the way (I don't recally exactly when in the project this happened), they took down my microwave, cut a hole in the wall, and installed a vent for the microwave over my stove to exhaust outside. The installation seemed to work well. Mark Kresge also checked in with me on a few occasions to be sure I was happy. After the project was complete, they did a fine job of cleaning up. Once they were gone, I noticed a few things that needed work. The exhaust damper on the outside didn't close properly, letting cold air in. Also, there seemed to be a mis-alignment on the cabinet doors. Barely noticable, but I could see it easily using a level. I contacted the project manager and asked him to have a look. They promply returned. The vent damper was defective and they were able to get a new one the next day and replace it. The cabinet door wasn't mis-aligned, the manufacturing on the two doors next to each other had the panels slightly different sizes, so they ordered a replacement door and installed it. It took several weeks to come in (as I've found is typical with cabinetry), but everything was handled with no additional expense to me. Overall Kitchen and Bathroom Services was slightly more expensive than my other quotes, but it was clear to me up front they were the most reputable and professional. The peace of mind knowing the job would be done right and I wouldn't be chasing after anyone to get the details right was more than worth the little extra. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Design, demolition, and construction. Moved some walls to change a kitchen pantry closet into an open area for a new refrigerator location. Match existing cabinetry and add a pantry cabinet in previous location of refrigerator. Return remaining space from removed pantry closet to adjoining room for additional storage. Paint where applicable. Match at replace floor tile where applicable. Relocate water line for refrigerator. Add a exterior vent to a kitchen exhaust hood that was currently exhausting inside.

02/06/2011

Barbara C.

Kresge provided a very good remodel for us. The workers paid a lot of attention to detail and showed great craftsmanship. They worked very hard to satisfy us. They were sensitive about the fact that they were working in someone's home. They kept the work are very clean.

Description of Work
They completed a remodel of our kitchen. New cabinets, countertops, hardware, and electrical.

01/17/2011

Cara S.

I am pleased with the work completed by Bathroom & Kitchen Services. We experienced only a few problems and the employees of Bathroom & Kitchen Services addressed these matters in a timely and professional manner. I would certainly work with this contractor in the future.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom tear-out and remodel.

10/06/2010

VALERIE D.

First I want to say that this was our first remodeling experience and we were very nervous. Mark Kresge came out to discuss our project and design ideas and take measurements. We met with Kelly his designer to discuss the furnishings and finishes a few times and she gave us some excellent suggestions. Scott, our project manager, visited regularly to check up on the job and subs. He was always available by cell phone which was very comforting when we had questions. The job took longer than anticipated and was over the original budget but this was due to our adjustments to the floor plan, finishes and materials. In the end we have a gorgeous bathroom that we really love. The craftsmanship is excellent and all workers were very professional and helpful. We anticipate remodeling our master bathroom in the future and will definitely have Mark out to discuss the plans... Need I say more?

Description of Work
Our ugly and nonfunctional 1970's main bathroom was remodeled. Toilet, sink, tub, floor, mirror, cabinetry and lighting fixtures were replaced. Floor plan was slightly modified to bring the doorway up to current code.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your comment! It was such a pleasure to work with you and we are so pleased that you love your new bathroom!

07/07/2010

STEVEN C.

Design, construction and results were top notch. They made several suggestions we would have never thought of and were grateful they did. All work was done custom to order.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of master bathroom, including all new fixtures, shower, flooring, etc.

Absolute Integrated Solutions LLC

Give your home a new look with a fresh coat of paint! We provide painting solutions to residential and commercial customers throughout Columbus and Central Ohio. Tailor-made proposals customized to each project ensure that you are getting the best services for your needs and quality results, without all the upcharges later. We specialize in interior painting, using drop cloths, plastic and tape so that paint only ends up where it belongs. The best paint finish is made with the best preparation. We provide drywall and water damage repair to give you that flawless finish. Call us today to give your home a fresh new look or find out more at absoluteintegratedsolutions.com!

Offers by Absolute Integrated Solutions LLC on Angi
    Columbus Window & Door LLC

*Offering $98 installation of RING Video Doorbell and Ring Spotlight Camera, ask for details* We provide professional installation of our own windows and doors. WE DO NOT REPAIR EXISTING DOORS, INTERIOR DOORS, OR GLASS. At Columbus Window & Door, our integrity and reliability is the threshold of our business. Listening to our customer's individual needs, providing complete information, and making recommendations based on our experience provides for solid relationships. And because our customers are our biggest referrals, we value those relationships. Typically we are the low bid, but our quality is outstanding. Our installers and project reps average 20 years experience, we hope you will consider us for your next project. Call us today for your new windows or doors at 614-271-8700. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges.

Offers by Columbus Window & Door LLC on Angi
    Spaulding Painting Services

Spaulding Painting Services is a growing business in Columbus, OH. We are a small team of painting contractors who are detail-oriented and guarantee our work. Although we are a newer business, we have many years of professional experience. We are confident in our work and love what we do!

Ask for details.

BATHROOM AND KITCHEN FINISHES AND PLUMBING. Our services include: design (when necessary), remodeling, warranty and service follow up for all our customers. Common projects include partial to complete bathroom and/or kitchen remodels, with partial remodels including things like vanity or floor replacement, shower design and install, cabinets, countertops, new paint, etc.

We do not offer completely custom remodeling services with wall removal or other major structural changes. We recommend our sister company, Kresge Contracting, for any project that requires a complete design change with structural modifications and custom design schemes.