Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Stanley, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Stanley
- Alden PaintingJohn and his team completed the work in a professional, timely, and efficient manner. Perfect job from top to bottom. John is a true gentlemen. True to his word, reliable and honest - with an excellent work ethic. In my opinion, hire him. You will be extremely pleased with his work product.
- DD ConstructionWe recently hired Darren and his crew to do a complete bathroom remodel in our home. This was the first huge home renovation project we have done and to say we were nervous is an understatement. Darren and his men went above and beyond our expectations. What we were told by other contractors would take weeks to do Darren and his men were able to do in 7 DAYS at a more than generous labor cost. They completed this work efficiently and with amazing attention to detail and craftsmanship to boot! They were also VERY considerate about containing any mess to just the bathroom area which was appreciated more than they know. This was a new and overwhelming at times experience and Darren answered every single one of my questions quickly even in the middle of his busy day at my home. D&D construction will be my go to business for any projects and renovations I have in the future! You won’t be disappointed read less
- A & B Home Service LLCA & B HOME SERVICE did an excellent job on my roof from start to finish!! They took off 2 layers of the old shingles, replaced my 2 skylights and installed ice shield, the underlayment and shingles in just 3 days!! And they did an excellent job of cleaning up!! These guys were very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs their roof replaced!! Thanks for the beautiful roof! read less
- Felders Roofing & General ContractingExcellent service. Responded during a rainstorm and went right to work to diagnose and fix the problem then offered to be back if that did not solve our problem. We have always had excellent service from Felders whether it was installing a whole new roof, repairing a ridge vent, or diagnosing a roof leak read less
- Mack Of All TradesI had a lot of various tasks addressed in my 1850's home in Victor. Indoor painting, deck staining, curtain rods hung, replacement of door hardware, refinishing an old closet, gutter work on small roof, replacement of dryer vent , odds and ends repair in the home. They replaced my water heater as well. I had several different handy men and all were very polite and responsive. They were good when I gave suggestions or asked for attention to detail. Very pleased overall. More work planned in the Spring read less
- JTC Remodeling IncWe are extremely happy with the results of our remodel performed by John Schroeder of JTC Remodeling. We stumbled upon John from a referral of another contractor. He and his brother in law Dale did an exceptional job on a very difficult remodel. John gave me an estimate that was thorough and detailed and at the end of the project there were no surprises. He was on site when he said he would be and didn’t disappear during the job. We renovated an attic space adding a set of stairs from the first level to the attic in our cabin on the Lake. We added a large bedroom, new bathroom, TV area, additional storage, 2 windows, lighting, new outlets, custom shutters, some siding repair and split system Air Conditioning units. Sounds easy, however the floor Joists were not uniform, the space had no insulation at the beginning so it was extremely hot, due to the angles of the roof some of the space was very confining and we had to figure out how to add a set of stairs, plumbing and other items in a very small area. That said, John’s attention to detail solved a major obstacle we had with this project. He consulted with a stair contractor that enabled us to add the staircase without significant impact to our first floor living space. He figured out how to build the stairs to code in a very tight area. John takes his work and reputation seriously. He goes above and beyond to ensure the customer is happy with the results. He did this job over 6 weeks while we were over 3 hours away. We entrusted him with our house and the $40,000 investment we were making from afar. Like any significant project, we had a few issues come our way, however working through those issues were relatively easy. John has a list of subcontractors that are also very talented and trustworthy. We would not hesitate to hire John again or refer him to anybod read less
- Norb Miller General ContractorWe were very pleased with Norbs experience and judgement in doing this job. He encountered unforeseen issues such as rotting wood and guided us through the decision making about how to handle it. We could tell that his priority was doing the work correctly rather than blowing through to get on with the next job. It took some creative carpentry to 'wrap' the supporting pressure treated wood with a timber tech fascia to obtain a uniform look and Norb was up to the task. He was always personally on site. He even noticed that a poorly hung rain gutter was dripping and damaging the previous deck. He removed and rehung the gutter, and replaced the foam leaf blocking system. It's rare to find someone who cares about a project as if it was his own home read less
- Dan Bie Custom Contracting IncAny time you build a house, you deal with weather elements, timing elements, and unexpected turn of events, all of which provide levels of stress. No matter what, we had faith in Dan Bie and his crew, and they delivered! Dan is a consummate craftsman, and does not do any job half-way. He is upfront about the fact that the job will be done right! We appreciated the fact that Dan was always up front. He and his crew were there when we expected them to be there. He explained the steps of a modular build to us, and involved us in all the decision-making in a most timely manner. Besides, he's a great guy, and his workers are professionals with great talents. We were really hands-on - not in the building per se, but in being part of the construction "brain". We served as our own "general contractor" for the early part of the project (new well, excavation, foundation, septic system, etc.) but Dan gave us the names of contractors that he trusted, and that were also well-priced and professional. Everyone who has seen our house has not believed it is modular construction. The custom design work - both inside and outside - has made that special difference. And Dan Bie is the right guy for the job. Photo credit: Antony Gravet read less
- Alden PaintingI hired Alden Painting this past April to replace some bad siding, install gutters, and paint the exterior of my home. I am more than pleased with their work. The place looks great and I will definitely hire them again when the need arises.
- Alden PaintingReceived several estimates on power washing but was hesitant with hiring just anyone due to the fact of putting our home on the market. Aldenpainting was very knowledgeable and professional, hired him on site.
Contractors in Stanley
- Business Description:My recently formed company, Ogata Solutions, was created as an extension of years of remodeling work. In 2016 I undertook three total home remodels, facilitating the subcontractor scheduling, and maintaining vigil while the general contractor was away. Now that I am here in Ithaca I plan to grow my presence in the community by serving clients with best industry practices and safety at the top of mind. My sustainability background and business acumen gained during my master's matriculation in .. read lessRecent Review:It went really well! Good communication and great customer service. Fair pricing. Thanks guys you did a great job :-)Julie Z.
- Business Description:Ames Custom Woodwork is family owned and operated, specializing in custom picnic tables, dining and coffee tables, chairs (basic or Adirondack), and book cases. We create handcrafted, one-of-a-kind projects for you to enjoy for years to come. When you place a custom order, you are guaranteed a truly unique piece that is crafted to bring your vision to reality. With over a decade of experience and commitment to customer satisfaction, we have the ability to bring your ideas and dreams to life.. read lessRecent Review:Larry did an excellent job in a timely manner and we are very pleased with his work. We had gutted the downstairs of our house and needed a finish carpenter. I wish we would have engaged him sooner, but he fixed issues we had with several doors that needed replacing and reframing. We will be keeping his number handy for any future projects in that house read lessRichard M.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford.. read lessRecent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:our company was started in june of 2007 on the premise of offering customers reliable and economical home maintenance.we do not use subcontractors on any job we do we have a total of 4 employees with over 30yrs experience in home maintenace,we never charge for estimates,everything is done in writeing,all work is guarranteed or your money back read lessRecent Review:Don arrived to look at our possessed 3yr old Samsung electric range. He assessed the it was likely the computer board and we ordered it and he can back to fix it. He is a really nice honest guy who follows through with kindness and respect. Very knowledgeable and great customer service. Terrific read lessDavid G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Nails & Pails Home Improvement is a full service home maintenance contractor that provides quality home repairs and remodeling services. Your satisfaction is guaranteed on all jobs. Expect a prompt and courteous response to all inquiries. Fully insured read lessRecent Review:Overall, Mark (owner of Nail & Pails) was extremely professional and personable, and our counter top looks beautiful. Mark returned our phone call in a timely manner and was very prompt in responding to our inquiry, scheduling a visit within the week. He came to see us for a consultation to determine if the job was within the scope of his ability, which it was, and we discussed the specific details of our situation (extending counter top, not having a beveled edge, L corner, floating installation). We purchased our counter top from another retail store and Mark worked around the arrival schedule as we waited for it to come in. He also quoted us a specific price and a specific amount of time to complete the job. As far as the actual work goes, Mark was extremely detailed oriented and he took special precaution when combining the two counter tops at the corner. Rather than just gluing at the corner, he created a system to combine them underneath to create a tight joint, and used glue as a secondary support. This is just one example of how he went above and beyond expectations to provide us with a better service. Though Mark worked diligently, it took him a few extra hours to complete the job. He honored his original price despite working extra hours and was very thorough with the clean up afterward; he even volunteered to take away some of the extra old counter top! We did have some unforeseen house issues arise throughout the installation, and Mark had solutions to each one, but he also informed us of approximate prices while he was fixing the problems so we were not taken by surprise when our total was slightly higher than the quoted price. Throughout the process, Mark offered solutions to other kitchen remodeling questions (cabinet wall space, tile backsplash, etc.) and he volunteered to help us with other projects if we needed help. At the end of this process, we have a beautifully installed counter top that has held up well over time. Additionally, Mark was easy to talk to and very pleasant. I would absolutely recommend Nails & Pails for other handyman projects to both family and friends, and I will likely be using his services again in the future read lessPatrick M.
- Business Description:MR.FUSSY offers Handy Man / Home Improvements with an emphasis on Your Home ... Done Right Put the tylenol away you'll have no headaches when you hire MR. FUSSY. Scott Springer a/k/a MR.FUSSY is a retired general contractor with over 35 years experience, medium to small jobs done to your satisfaction read lessRecent Review:Started out very impressed with Mr. Fussy's business. He came out exactly when he said he would, provided a written quote with a specific date that the work would be done by, and did some more research to answer my questions. The problems started when the work was complete and he asked for payment. I paid in full, in cash at the time he requested it. Then I checked the work (my mistake here - he had good reviews) - The quote and work order stated that he would replace four panels of screening on the porch. Only three were done. I e-mailed him and asked about it and he said that four were done. I walked the porch again and asked again. He came over on a Sunday and checked the work. He was upset because his employee or sub-contractor only did three panels. He said that the guy would be back to complete the work. There was no charge to have him come back. Guy came back, did a half a panel. Last week, I went out on the porch and the furring strips were only attached by two or three airgun nails - they were pulling away from the support beam. Mind, this is less than a month since they were installed. I e-mailed Mr. Fussy's business address with pictures and got no response. A couple days later, I notice that on the back of the porch the furring strip is FALLING OFF. This is still less than a month since it was installed. I e-mailed Mr. Fussy's business address again. No response. The e-mails were polite and professional, I waited a full week before posting reviews. There was no away message or business closed notification e-mail. I climb up on a ladder (multiple health and balance issues) and hammer some finish nails into the furring strips as best I can. The furring strip in the picture fell off before I could get to it. I am not a professional repair person, I paid someone to do a professional job and not only did they not do a professional job, they set up the job to fail the same way the original screens did (too few fasteners). Also, there was no discount from the quote given despite the fact that they were not able to install a chimney cap as my chimney is an unusual size. Due to the failure of the furring strips (i found more that were ready to fall off next) and the odd appearance of the chimney, I have lost confidence that the chimney was repointed properly. Unfortunately I do not have the money to hire another handyman. I am also extremely grateful that I was unable to afford to have the 'big' project that he quoted done this year as I am going back to school...because if that had been done as badly as the porch was, I would have been devastated. You may contact me for pictures and copies of the e-mails that I sent him as well as dates and times read lessAlara P.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Occasionally uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Fully insured.Recent Review:HE DIDN'T SHOW UP AND NEVER DID THE JOB.Patrica G.
- Business Description:I have 3 employees fulltime and several subs that are very qualified for electrical finish work
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you.. read lessRecent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Clifton Springs
- Penn Yan
- Seneca Falls
general contractors in Stanley
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Jaer Baer Enterprises359 Michaels Rd
Mocksville, North Carolina
- Jamestown BusyBodiespo box 444
Celoron, New York
- JB Harbour Vision Custom Carpentry35 WATER ST
Lyons, New York
- JC Construction & Maintenance7030 North Street Rd
Auburn, New York
- Jim Choinsky Finish Carpentry94 Weaver Rd.
Elizaville, New York
- JP Home Services4911 state route 145
Cobleskill, New York
- Jaer Baer Enterprises
- MAJR EndeavorsPO Box 201
- Marshall Robertson Home Renovations3604 E Lake Rd
Geneva, New York
- McGarvey Construction23 East Main Street
Arcade, New York
- MERTEC PLUMBING HEATING & ELECTRIC40 Champlin Ave
Penn Yan, New York
- Mikalunas Builders LLC7553 State Highway 12
Sherburne, New York
- MLM services108 Garden St
Seneca Falls, New York
- MR. FUSSY - HandyMan2450 Welch Rd
Geneva, New York
- MAJR Endeavors
- Nails & Pails Home Improvement91 Maxwell Ave
Geneva, New York
- NE Masonry & Construction11 Yorkshire Dr
Glens Falls, New York
- Norb Miller General Contractor129 Elm Rd
Dundee, New York
- North Coast Construction7096 Dryer Rd
Victor, New York
- North Country Millworks, L.L.C.128 S Raquette St
Massena, New York
- North County Carpentry11883 Alleghany Rd .
Silver Creek, New York
- Nails & Pails Home Improvement
- Ogata Solutions5 Yardley Grn 5 Yardley Green
Ithaca, New York
- Ogata Solutions
- richard mix constuction6176 oatka rd po.box 306
Perry, New York
- richard mix constuction
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- SPH Services LLC100 Stone Ridge Rd
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
- Steelrain Construction and Restoration115 Co Hwy 29
Davenport, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sarna Construction
- United Construction323 e 14th st.
Elmira, New York
- United Construction