Winter is a great time to install a fence as it can save you money and preserve your landscaping. Here’s everything you need to know about installing a fence in winter, plus tips for completing the project safely and efficiently.
Get matched with top fence companies in Stanley, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local fence companies.
Recent Fence Company Reviews in Stanley
- GGI Construction CorpIvan and crew were able to come and start working quickly. Everything was quality work. We had them install a vinyl fence with two gates, lattice work under our deck with a door, some deck repair, and they even took over a job another contractor abandoned and built a retaining wall and leveled part of our yard and assembled a play house for our kid. They were upfront with pricing and timelines, even in this crazy time when supplies and help are hard to get. They were also amenable to any changes we wanted, even when it was completely our fault for changing our minds after what we agreed to. I'd definitely work with them agai
- Jan Fence IncJan Fence did a beautiful job. I needed a fenced backyard for my dog. The back 25 feet of the property was a mess - huge boulders on one corner, one side sloped down quite a bit and it was used as a dump for leaves - about 3 feet with dead trees and logs. I had one estimate from another company before Jan Fence - and the salesman looked at me like I was crazy for wanting to extend the fence all the way to back of the property. He pretty much whined about how difficult it would be to get around the boulders and trees. I called Jan Fence based on reviews on Angie's List and a recommendation from my realtor. Rob was the salesman that came out and he had no problem seeing how to navigate the boulders and run a reasonably straight line down the slope and through the trees - it was no big deal, just clean up the leaves so they could put in the pipes. I had a landscaper come in and they cleaned it, cut down some trees and removed all the deadfall. The price I got from Jan Fence was better than the other estimate and they could install several weeks earlier - how lucky can you get? The team that came out were professional and the team leader was an old pro and a pleasure to work with. His crew moved some big rocks around and addressed all the places that the dog might attempt to get his head under. The decorative gate at the front of the house came out beautiful. They showed up before 8AM and worked all day long on a very hot day - I think they took a 15 minute lunch break. They cleaned up perfectly, including hosing dirt from the driveway. So very happy I used Jan Fence. Because of them, I have a beautiful big area at the back of my yard that is slightly wooded and of course, my dog's favorite area to run around. I would have lost that nice space if I went with the other company who thought it would be a hassle to fence.
- Sadler Fence and Staining LLCFANTASTIC Stand Up Company!!! Great communication through out planning, showed up when they said they would, VERY professional, exceptional quality material, went above and beyond with instalation AND cleanup. Couldn't be happier with my new privacy fencing!!!
- North Coast ConstructionWe are completely satisfied with the quality of the finished work - even more we are delighted with the quality of the fit & finish of the work. The structural work was the responsibility of an architect who was also satisfied with the quality of the work. Renovation of one bathroom was done to a very exacting schedule - an upcoming wedding - and Povero met the deadline
- Lowe's Home ImprovementMaterials were delivered on time and extra material was picked up promptly and refunded to my account. Couldn't ask for better delivery people. They placed materials just off the edge of the driveway as to not drive there lift into the lawn and create ruts. pick up of materials was scheduled to my time so the I was available to count returns with the driver. Receipts of returned material to my account came in the mail a few days later
- Another Fence RepairAnother Fence Repair replaced a fence for me last year. The job that was done was of the highest quality. Unfortunately, due to no fault of Another Fence Repair, a post warped causing a bowed look to the fence and the post the gate was attached to split slighly. I called the company because I knew with the meticulous nature of the owner, he would want to take care of both situations. Within days after my call, the post had been dug out and replaced, straightening the fence, and the gate had been adjusted at a more than reasonable cost. Another Fence Repair will always be my choice for any type of fence installment or repair
- Another Fence RepairAfter it taking a bit of time to make contact and receive an estimate (which was extremely reasonable), I chose "Another Fence Repair" to replace a wind-damaged fence with a wooden Dog Ear fence. The quality of the work was outstanding -- 30"+ holes were dug and filled with cement when setting the posts; full 2 x 4's were used for the horizontal frame; and, the full Dog Ear boards were installed individually to allow for slope in the yard. Everything was very well cleaned up, though I had to wait a few weeks for a return visit to cut up the old fence and take it to the street. Aside from the few glitches both pre and post installation, I was very pleased. Bottom line, the fence installed was outstanding and very reasonably priced. I can't imagine having been able to get a better fence for the money anywhere
- Oneonta FenceSteve showed up, measured my property, and we discussed the fence gate that needed to be placed across the driveway. He made a drawing, a few calculaltions, and gave me a written estimate. I thought the estimate was very reasonable, and sent him a check the next day for the deposit. It took about 3 weeks for the fence to arrive at oneonta Fence, having been ordered from another company. When the work was to be started, Steve showed up with a small crew, and they spent the entire day at my house. The crew was equally polite. They installed the fence exactly as I had wanted it. The gate was installed shortly thereafter. I am very pleased with the quality of the new cedar fence and the workmanship that went into installing it. Steve Hiscox is a gentleman and very honest. His crew is the same. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Incidentally, his crew left before I could pay Steve the balance of what I owed. I was expecting a call from him, to see when I would send the check. After two days, I sent Steve an e-mail, telling him I had put a check in the mail to him. The whole experience renewed my faith in contractors! It was effortless, from start to finish
- Kabes FencingChip and Paul were awesome. They came on a Wednesday to set the posts and make a change in the layout that my husband requested. They returned the following Monday to attach the chain link. The weather was less than nice and they worked throught a rain storm (no thunder and lightening thank goodness). Even though it rained, they didn't rush or do a mediocre job. They cleaned up all of the dirt and rock that came from the holes that were dug to set the posts in concrete as well. That was so nice !!! Needless to say, it looks great !!!!! If I need any other fencing, I'm calling Kabes. They were the best price and the best crew
- Oneonta FenceSteve was extremely flexible around our work schedules. He came, measured, discussed different options of fencing. He didn't pressure us to buy a more expense fence that we didn't need or couldn't afford. It is almost a year later and it looks great and is doing a great job keeping our dog and toddler fenced in. I would highly recommend Steve to anyone interested in fencing. We went to work one day, came home to a fenced yard. Two Thumbs Up
Fencing Contractors in Stanley
- Business Description:Nails & Pails Home Improvement is a full service home maintenance contractor that provides quality home repairs and remodeling services. Your satisfaction is guaranteed on all jobs. Expect a prompt and courteous response to all inquiries. Fully insuredRecent Review:Overall, Mark (owner of Nail & Pails) was extremely professional and personable, and our counter top looks beautiful. Mark returned our phone call in a timely manner and was very prompt in responding to our inquiry, scheduling a visit within the week. He came to see us for a consultation to determine if the job was within the scope of his ability, which it was, and we discussed the specific details of our situation (extending counter top, not having a beveled edge, L corner, floating installation). We purchased our counter top from another retail store and Mark worked around the arrival schedule as we waited for it to come in. He also quoted us a specific price and a specific amount of time to complete the job. As far as the actual work goes, Mark was extremely detailed oriented and he took special precaution when combining the two counter tops at the corner. Rather than just gluing at the corner, he created a system to combine them underneath to create a tight joint, and used glue as a secondary support. This is just one example of how he went above and beyond expectations to provide us with a better service. Though Mark worked diligently, it took him a few extra hours to complete the job. He honored his original price despite working extra hours and was very thorough with the clean up afterward; he even volunteered to take away some of the extra old counter top! We did have some unforeseen house issues arise throughout the installation, and Mark had solutions to each one, but he also informed us of approximate prices while he was fixing the problems so we were not taken by surprise when our total was slightly higher than the quoted price. Throughout the process, Mark offered solutions to other kitchen remodeling questions (cabinet wall space, tile backsplash, etc.) and he volunteered to help us with other projects if we needed help. At the end of this process, we have a beautifully installed counter top that has held up well over time. Additionally, Mark was easy to talk to and very pleasant. I would absolutely recommend Nails & Pails for other handyman projects to both family and friends, and I will likely be using his services again in the futurePatrick M.
- Business Description:All of our employees have at a minimum 15 years experience in residential property maintenance. All work is discussed before hand to reach the customers satisfaction. Payment for work to be performed will be discussed at time of estimate. We offer a 10% discount to seniors on our standard price list. Sign before February 14 and receive a 5% discount on the overall estimateRecent Review:We live out of the area and have used Keith's Handyman many times to help with repairs to a family member's home. He has done roof repairs, door/framing replacements, and a bathroom remodel. We also hired him to do leaf and snow removal. All projects and services were great. His team is prompt, courteous, and takes pride in their work. We trust him to do the job right, and to do it on time and on budget. We highly recommend Ketih's Handyman and will work with them againKristen B.
- Business Description:We have been providing the area since 1992 with new underground pet fences, and service for the Invisible Fence brand systems. We offer the best products, with superior training that we back with a money back guarantee. We have more options, smaller collars for the little dogs and cats, and bigger collars for the more stubborn dogs. We do new installations, as well as work on any brand of pet fencing, including the Invisible Fence brand. Many of our products are compatible with the other bra..Recent Review:Rob came and did an awesome job!! He answered all our questions, was very friendly to humans as well as our dogs. 🙂 We are very happy for this recommendation! Deborah and Keith KlinkDeborah K.
- Business Description:No matter the size of the project, we take pride in our excellent work, competitive fees and our ability to deliver outstanding results on time - every time. Exterior Cleaning: Roof Wash, Gutter Cleaning, Window Cleaning. Residential and Commercial Pressure Washing, Deck Maintenance.Recent Review:The work was above and beyond what I expected! I would definitely use him againPam K.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:Locally owned construction and landscaping company, we do quality work and insured. Free estimates.
- Business Description:Our non-electric dog fence is comprised of 12 individual components. It is a REAL physical fence that can be assembled by any homeowner or professional installer which we can provide. Our fence acts as a flexible net that inhibits dogs and other animals from climbing. The bottom material is flared in towards you and secured with uniquely shaped ground stakes to create a dig guard. You don’t have to dig any holes, mix cement, or make any changes to your landscapeRecent Review:Pet Playgrounds installed a 6 foot fence in our backyard to create a safe play area for our dogs. The work was done quickly, the price was reasonable, and the fence has held up well to all kinds of weather. It is by far the best fence we have ever had, and I feel better knowing that when the dogs go outside, they are safe and secureERIC M.
- Business Description:We install new fence and repairs, we also do decksRecent Review:DO NOT GIVE RAMIRO YOUR MONEY! Same story as others posted here and on Yelp. He stole our deposit for work on fence. Has never returned it. Recently won a small claims judgment against him to try and recover my depositBrian M.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..
- Business Description:Offering fence and trellising installation for deer fence, vineyard and orchard trellising, also offering woven wire fence for dogs, sheep, goat, horse's and cattle. Even install garden fences
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
A dog fence is essential to keeping your pup safe. Luckily there are many options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. This guide will help you calculate the average cost to install a dog fence.
Wrought iron is classic, stylish, and regal. The total cost of installing a new wrought iron fence can vary significantly based on the size, design, and materials. This article will provide you with an estimate to help you get started.
Find fence companies in
- Clifton Springs
- Penn Yan
- Seneca Falls
fence companies in Stanley
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Gordon C Trip19019 Co Route 47
Carthage, New York
- Gordon C Trip
- Oneonta Fence2 Washburn St
Oneonta, New York
- Oneonta Fence
- Quality Lawn & Landscape IncP.O. Box 728
Honeoye, New York
- Quality Lawn & Landscape Inc