Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Greenwich, NY
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Greenwich
- Alden PaintingJohn and his team completed the work in a professional, timely, and efficient manner. Perfect job from top to bottom. John is a true gentlemen. True to his word, reliable and honest - with an excellent work ethic. In my opinion, hire him. You will be extremely pleased with his work product.
- DD ConstructionWe recently hired Darren and his crew to do a complete bathroom remodel in our home. This was the first huge home renovation project we have done and to say we were nervous is an understatement. Darren and his men went above and beyond our expectations. What we were told by other contractors would take weeks to do Darren and his men were able to do in 7 DAYS at a more than generous labor cost. They completed this work efficiently and with amazing attention to detail and craftsmanship to boot! They were also VERY considerate about containing any mess to just the bathroom area which was appreciated more than they know. This was a new and overwhelming at times experience and Darren answered every single one of my questions quickly even in the middle of his busy day at my home. D&D construction will be my go to business for any projects and renovations I have in the future! You won’t be disappointed
- A & B Home Service LLCA & B HOME SERVICE did an excellent job on my roof from start to finish!! They took off 2 layers of the old shingles, replaced my 2 skylights and installed ice shield, the underlayment and shingles in just 3 days!! And they did an excellent job of cleaning up!! These guys were very professional and I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs their roof replaced!! Thanks for the beautiful roof!
- Felders Roofing & General ContractingExcellent service. Responded during a rainstorm and went right to work to diagnose and fix the problem then offered to be back if that did not solve our problem. We have always had excellent service from Felders whether it was installing a whole new roof, repairing a ridge vent, or diagnosing a roof leak
- Mack Of All TradesI had a lot of various tasks addressed in my 1850's home in Victor. Indoor painting, deck staining, curtain rods hung, replacement of door hardware, refinishing an old closet, gutter work on small roof, replacement of dryer vent , odds and ends repair in the home. They replaced my water heater as well. I had several different handy men and all were very polite and responsive. They were good when I gave suggestions or asked for attention to detail. Very pleased overall. More work planned in the Spring
- JTC Remodeling IncWe are extremely happy with the results of our remodel performed by John Schroeder of JTC Remodeling. We stumbled upon John from a referral of another contractor. He and his brother in law Dale did an exceptional job on a very difficult remodel. John gave me an estimate that was thorough and detailed and at the end of the project there were no surprises. He was on site when he said he would be and didn’t disappear during the job. We renovated an attic space adding a set of stairs from the first level to the attic in our cabin on the Lake. We added a large bedroom, new bathroom, TV area, additional storage, 2 windows, lighting, new outlets, custom shutters, some siding repair and split system Air Conditioning units. Sounds easy, however the floor Joists were not uniform, the space had no insulation at the beginning so it was extremely hot, due to the angles of the roof some of the space was very confining and we had to figure out how to add a set of stairs, plumbing and other items in a very small area. That said, John’s attention to detail solved a major obstacle we had with this project. He consulted with a stair contractor that enabled us to add the staircase without significant impact to our first floor living space. He figured out how to build the stairs to code in a very tight area. John takes his work and reputation seriously. He goes above and beyond to ensure the customer is happy with the results. He did this job over 6 weeks while we were over 3 hours away. We entrusted him with our house and the $40,000 investment we were making from afar. Like any significant project, we had a few issues come our way, however working through those issues were relatively easy. John has a list of subcontractors that are also very talented and trustworthy. We would not hesitate to hire John again or refer him to anybod
- Norb Miller General ContractorWe were very pleased with Norbs experience and judgement in doing this job. He encountered unforeseen issues such as rotting wood and guided us through the decision making about how to handle it. We could tell that his priority was doing the work correctly rather than blowing through to get on with the next job. It took some creative carpentry to 'wrap' the supporting pressure treated wood with a timber tech fascia to obtain a uniform look and Norb was up to the task. He was always personally on site. He even noticed that a poorly hung rain gutter was dripping and damaging the previous deck. He removed and rehung the gutter, and replaced the foam leaf blocking system. It's rare to find someone who cares about a project as if it was his own home
- Dan Bie Custom Contracting IncAny time you build a house, you deal with weather elements, timing elements, and unexpected turn of events, all of which provide levels of stress. No matter what, we had faith in Dan Bie and his crew, and they delivered! Dan is a consummate craftsman, and does not do any job half-way. He is upfront about the fact that the job will be done right! We appreciated the fact that Dan was always up front. He and his crew were there when we expected them to be there. He explained the steps of a modular build to us, and involved us in all the decision-making in a most timely manner. Besides, he's a great guy, and his workers are professionals with great talents. We were really hands-on - not in the building per se, but in being part of the construction "brain". We served as our own "general contractor" for the early part of the project (new well, excavation, foundation, septic system, etc.) but Dan gave us the names of contractors that he trusted, and that were also well-priced and professional. Everyone who has seen our house has not believed it is modular construction. The custom design work - both inside and outside - has made that special difference. And Dan Bie is the right guy for the job. Photo credit: Antony Gravet
- Alden PaintingI hired Alden Painting this past April to replace some bad siding, install gutters, and paint the exterior of my home. I am more than pleased with their work. The place looks great and I will definitely hire them again when the need arises.
- Alden PaintingReceived several estimates on power washing but was hesitant with hiring just anyone due to the fact of putting our home on the market. Aldenpainting was very knowledgeable and professional, hired him on site.
Contractors in Greenwich
- Business Description:I specialize in: Crown Moldings and ceiling panel molding Moldings Carpentry (Coffered Ceilings, Raised Panel Walls, wainscot, (recessed panels, raised panels) picture framing (shadow boxes) walls and Ceilings) Custom Woodworking (mill-work), Built-Ins, Window seats, Bookshelf's Kitchen, Bath Room, and Basement Remodeling I started finish carpentry before I was old enough to drive, I spent years working alongside some of the best master finish carpenters in NY state, I have dedicated my li..Recent Review:It was great! He did what he said he's going to do. He's polite, and he did a great job.shawn m.
- Business Description:Are you looking for a handyman who takes pride in his work? Call Joe for small and large projects that will be done right and on schedule. Services include home repairs, lawn care, painting, pressure washing, & junk removal. Friendly, quality, reliable,and on time. Free estimates and affordable pricingRecent Review:We had some minor scheduling issues due to weather (impossible to avoid), but Joe was great about letting me know early and setting a new date. Joe arrived on time and quickly got to work - even setting up a paper runner throughout my home to not track any dirt or salt in. Once he started working, he was quickly able to find the spot of water damage, clean the area and secure new pieces of wood keep everything structurally sound - keeping me informed every step of the way and showing me what he found. Joe was fairly priced and very professional - it is evident that he takes pride in his work and I would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking. We even discussed a couple of other small outdoor projects we are looking to have done in the springSal F.
- Business Description:Proud earner of multiple Angie's List Super Service Awards most recently 2018. We are a family owned and operated business that services New York and Vermont. Please contact me at (518) 742-0210 or (802) 681-5719. I have nearly 37 years of hands on painting experience. I work every job myself with the help of my sons and son in law. Our primary goal is simple: consistently and efficiently deliver at competitive pricing, a finished product of unequaled qualityRecent Review:John and his team completed the work in a professional, timely, and efficient manner. Perfect job from top to bottom. John is a true gentlemen. True to his word, reliable and honest - with an excellent work ethic. In my opinion, hire him. You will be extremely pleased with his work productRobert J.
- Business Description:When homeowners & commercial property managers in Colonie want to update their bathtub or shower without tearing apart their bathrooms, they call us. Additional service areas: Ulster, Duchess, Putnam, Orange, Sullivan & Schoharie counties. Franchise owned and operated by Instant Bath Inc., doing business as Bath FitterRecent Review:MAT AND HIS HELPER WAS ON TIME, PROFESSIONAL, CLEAN, COURTEOUS, AND KNEW THEIR PRODUCT WELL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM AND THEIR PRODUCT EVERTIME. EXCELLENT JOB.William F.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a family owned property maintenance service company. we promise to do the best we can on any job, with references to prove.
- Business Description:We are experts in restoration of water damage, fire, smoke, soot and mold.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Painting Works. Alpine Home Improvement company is a place where home renovations can be done under one roof . From painting projects , kitchen and bath renovations , to carpentry , interior finishing work , up to additions and renovationsRecent Review:Zdenek just finished another fantastic project renovating my upstairs bathroom. As always his attention to detail is impeccable and his wonderful attitude and service with a smile is unequalled. I wholeheartedly endorse him for any home improvement project. 5 stars all the waysusan m.
- Business Description:I have a total of 12 years experience in complete home construction. I have multiple employees and stay away from sub-contracting.Recent Review:the guys were on time, they worked a full day and came on the weekend to finish it. they wanted to make us satisfiedjohn p.
- Business Description:20 years Building and Remodeling from Saratoga to Lake George.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Eagle Bridge
- Fort Edward
- Saratoga Springs
- Valley Falls
- South Glens Falls
- Hoosick Falls
- Hudson Falls
- North Bennington
- Glens Falls
- Greenfield Center
- Round Lake
general contractors in Greenwich
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Dan Wood Builder197 Hadlock Pond Rd
Fort Ann, New York
- Dazey ConstructionPO Box 10
Watertown, New York
- DEAN'S CONTRACTING SERVICES1259 HUGHES RD WWW.DEANSCONTRACTINGSERVICE.COM
Fultonville, New York
- Double O Builders L.L.C.1130 Clinton Rd.
Fort Plain, New York
- Duncan Enterprises231 Shady Tree Ln
Cobleskill, New York
- Dymling & McAvoy IncPO Box 820
New Lebanon, New York
- Dynamic Kitchens & Baths15 Thistlewood Dr
Queensbury, New York
- Dan Wood Builder
- Ian C Carey22 Scott st
Hoosick Falls, New York
- Ian C Carey
- Lagonia Construction3 Prach Road
Hillsdale, New York
- Lagonia Construction
- ON THE LEVEL CONSTRUCTION4886 STATE ROUTE 145
Cobleskill, New York
- ON THE LEVEL CONSTRUCTION
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sipe N Sons Services Inc235 Middleline Rd
Ballston Spa, New York
- SPH Services LLC100 Stone Ridge Rd
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
- Steelrain Construction and Restoration115 Co Hwy 29
Davenport, New York
- Stephen Barrant, Carpentry and Painting206 glen st 35c
Glens Falls, New York
- Str8 Studs3447 State Route 7
Hoosick Falls, New York
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sarna Construction
- United Construction323 e 14th st.
Elmira, New York
- United Construction
- Valley Tree Pros471 Landon Hill Rd Apt 4
Chestertown, New York
- Valley Tree Pros