M Johnson Contracting

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2014

PO Box 2398

Malta, NY 12020

M Johnson Contracting is a locally owned company specializing in remodels, additions, and custom builds to make your dream home a reality. Whatever the project, M Johnson Contracting has the skills, equipment, and experience to bring your dreams to life. Our passion is revitalizing tired spaces, restoring original beauty, and helping you fall in love with your home again....

home builder (30)home remodeling (20)tile installation (14)door installation (9)woodworking (8)flooring (8)drain cleaning (7)ceiling fan installation (4)hardwood floors (4)basement waterproofing (3)window replacement (3)siding companies (3)

02/06/2021

David C.

We hired Matt for an addition of a great room and kitchen remodel (which ended up being an entire ground floor remodel) and Wow! Matt and his team (big shout out to Tony!) truly took our dream and made it a reality. At first we had met with a few other contractors who came in with sky high quotes that would have given us a simple addition with basic materials. Matt came through with a MUCH better quote including premium finishes and some original ideas on top of what we had in mind that we NEVER thought would be possible on our budget. Through the whole process, Matt, his team and everyone he brought in were extremely professional, courteous, clean and talented. Every time a big part of the project was completed I was blown away with the results. We even threw a curveball when our second child came a week early, but they stepped up and got a ton of work done so we could return to a livable space. At the end of the day we got everything on our wish list and even some things we didn’t even think we could wish for! We could not be happier with the outcome of the project! A big thank you to Matt and his team!

Description of Work
Addition and kitchen remodel

Category home builders,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

Review for M Johnson Contracting - PO Box 2398, Malta, NY - 39178660

10/23/2020

diane F.

Matt and his team did a fantastic job with our master bathroom remodel. We are very happy with the work they did from start to finish and would definitely recommend. We can’t wait to have them come back for our next project!

Description of Work
Master Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

09/28/2020

Matthew S.

Matt did a great job remodeling our kitchen! The remodel was on time and on budget. Matt's team even helped with the design and we were able to switch the backsplash to a different tile last minute. Matt also caught that one portion of the countertops were installed wrong (they were installed by a third party) and had them come back ASAP to correct it - I never would have noticed it. I highly recommend M Johnson Contracting - trustworthy and easy to work with!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

05/27/2020

Deb S.

You can't go wrong when you hire MJohnson Contracting for all your renovation/contracting needs. Matt is a PERFECTIONIST and truly strives for customer satisfaction. Matt and his crew are very professional and easy to work with. I highly recommend you give MJohnson Contracting the opportunity to make your home more beautiful!!!

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation including: window replacements, ceramic tile floor and above tub and shower, new plumbing fixtures, new light, new trim work, vanity was repainted, new toilet installed, walls and trim painted

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you. Enjoy and please feel free to call with any other projects you may have in the future. M. Johnson Contracting

02/05/2018

Wilma J.

Matt and his team did an excellent job. They paid attention to detail. It was fascinating to watch installation of the cabinetry - much like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Matt answered all my questions with patience. Because we have a reactive dog, we had to retreat to our four season room to keep her away from the center of activity. This required that Matt give us a heads up every time he or a team member was going to enter the house so we could retreat, which he did with a smile. Costs include cabinetry and addition of the electrical box.

Description of Work
We had a complete kitchen renovation with everything taken down to the studs, and location of appliances and sink moved. Ours is a small kitchen and we wanted maximum functionality, so we filled it up with cabinetry and counter space. In addition, Matt and/or his team replaced the electrical box with one that pulled two separate boxes into one and upped the capacity, added an automatic fan in our attic, a ground fault outlet in our bathroom, and repurposed a kitchen cabinet to our bathroom area.

Category remodeling,home builders,home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

It was a pleasure working with you and john on your kitchen project ! Glad the guys and myself could make your dream kit hen a reality and as functional as possible ! Hope your enjoy your kitchen for many years to come ! From all Of us at M Johnson

11/11/2017

Amy S.

Matt was awesome! He went above and beyond what any normal contractor would do. He was always attentive and returned calls or texts promptly. He accommodated my elderly parents requests and change orders. Would highly recomend and will hire him for my next project!

Description of Work
Last spring there was a tremendous wind storm and some 50 year old pines and oak trees blew over and crushed 1/3 of my parents house.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,picture framing,hardwood floor,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,home builders,roof snow removal,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,doors,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/11/2017

10/29/2017

Keith B.

Matt and his team did an excellent job. Matt was very responsive when providing the quote and promptly responding to any questions we had during the course of the remodel. Matt and his workers were very polite and a pleasure to work with. Matt coordinated all aspects of the work including the installation of new flooring and installation of the granite countertops. When the company whom ordered the cabinets made an error in the order, Matt personally got involved in order to expedite a resolution to the problem. The workmanship was first class with Matt and his team paying close attention to detail. The team was very neat, cleaning up daily.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile,home builders,home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

10/27/2017

Carl M.

Very well. Pleased that is a perfectionist and devoted to please his customers! Matt’s workers were pleasant/respectful and always left my house orderly and clean.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,picture framing,hardwood floor,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,doors,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

09/12/2017

peter K.

I would recommend (and already have several times) M Johnson contracting to anyone who is looking for honest, reliable, local contractors who do what they say their going to do, when they say they're going to do, with tremendous quality at a fair price. The remodeling project at my house presented significant structural as well as floor plan changes to our homes first floor and basement. While my wife and I had ideas on where we wanted certain things Matt and his team provided significant guidance on the planning and layout we were in need of. The quality of the finishing work was tremendous and Matt and his team met every deadline they committed to. Great contractor that I would recommend to anyone. Pete K

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel and basement finishing

Category ceramic tile,picture framing,hardwood floor,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,basement waterproofing,home builders,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,doors,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] , it was a pleasure working with you and [Member Name Removed] !! Glad we could make your dream kitchen and finished basement a reality !

08/07/2017

Edwin D.

We had a general remodeling job which would have likely cost 40 to 50K. Mr. Johnson came out and looked at the job, took notes and seemed very friendly. Said he would get back to us in about a week with an estimate. Never heard from him again. We were very disappointed that he never follwed through.

Description of Work
Entrance room, laundry room, pantry remodel with a new closet in daughter's bedroom. New attic floor, Repairs to soffit in rear of house. 10 new windows.

Category remodeling,home builders

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

05/08/2017

Nicole J.

Matt and his crew did a great job with our bathroom remodel. They were quick, clean, and professional. Will hire again.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category remodeling,home builders,home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

04/26/2017

Benjamin K.

Matt and his team did great work and were very friendly. Would recommend and hire again.

Description of Work
Existing tile shower was ripped out to studs. New shluter system installed with new tile installed after that.

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

12/21/2016

Joseph H.

It went great! Matt does great work and has a very professional work ethic. The job was done in the time he said it would take. Of all the contractors we had provide quotes, Matt was the easiest to work with and he had the best design plan as well. I would definitely recommend Matt for any job and would have him back to work for us anytime.

Description of Work
Matt added a roof over the back of an existing deck.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

12/16/2016

Robert W.

We were very pleased with Matt Johnson. He was neat, meticulous, and cared about every aspect of our project. he offered valuable suggestions and took pride in his work. His co worker was responsible, hard working and conscientious as well. We love our new bathroom and would hire M Johnson Contracting in the future !!

Description of Work
We did a complete bathroom renovation, which included new ceiling, floor, walls, and door. A new tub, tiled shower, vanity and toilet were installed. In addition, a medicine cabinet and all new lighting were included. All in all, a big project.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,ceiling fans,home remodeling,doors,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/16/2016

10/24/2016

Patricia C.

Mr. Johnson came to look, took measurements, etc. said he would be in touch. and NOTHING. My daughter and son-in-law had also called him for an estimate for an addition to their home. He did the same thing. Showed for the estimate appointment, looked at everything and they never heard from him again.

Description of Work
I requested an estimate to add an addition to my home.

Category ceramic tile,remodeling

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

10/11/2016

Melissa L.

I contacted Matt on a Thursday & he was very professional & courteous on the phone. He said he would come by my house either later that evening or the next day to look at it...by the next day on Friday when I got home from work the job was already done & looked fabulous! I will be contacting Matt again to do some more work @ my home!

Description of Work
I had the top of my 2 handrails replaced on my front porch & replaced with 2x6 pressure treated wood due to the fact that the wood was completely rotted.

Category decks

Work Completed On 10/07/2016

09/22/2016

Linda W.

Not well. We contacted Matt in April as of August all we had to show for it were holes. We finally had to tell him we were no longer interested. Would never recommend him. We question where his positive reviews are coming from. We are very easy going but was pushed to our limits with his excuses and promises.

Description of Work
Back yard deck

Category decks,home builders

Work Completed On 09/22/2016

08/18/2016

J M.

Master bath renovation completed by the very talented Matt Johnson of M Johnson Contracting. Matt is extremely professional and courteous with amazing attention to detail; he was great to work with right from the very start. Everything was swiftly gutted and replaced; double sink vanity with quartz top, double medicine cabinets, new spa whirlpool jet corner tub. Additional separate shower / toilet room completely renovated as well as a separate large walk-in closet. Impressive repairs to the existing skylight. New spectacular tile floor plus strategically placed wall tile with embedded unique design, all expertly installed. All phases of the job were meticulously laid out in advance and each component exceeded our expectations…the end result is truly stunning!

Description of Work
Master bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile,picture framing,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/05/2016

08/12/2016

Eileen L.

It went well. I had them remove the soffit and take the new upper cabitnets to the ceiling. This involved some rather tricky angles with layers of molding. They did an excellent job. I've received many complements on how good it looks. Their carpentry skills were exceptional. The plumbing and electrical work met my expectations. I have an old house and it presented some challenges which were handled professionally. Everything is working as it should. I will hire M Johnson Contracting for some followup work in my home.

Description of Work
A complete remodel of my kitchen. Everything in the kitchen was removed and replaced: cabinets, soffit, appliances, counters, lighting. The only thing that I kept was the original floor. M Johnson Contracting installed the new cabinets, new lighting (overhead and under cabinet), new plumbing, new appliances.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/10/2016

07/19/2016

Joan G.

I could not have asked for a better contractor!!!!. They were professional, punctual and extremely helpful. Matt Johnson took the time to go over everything with me step by step to make sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. The previous owners of my home had done some "interesting" things behind the walls that were all wrong and in fact quite dangerous. Matt and his crew fixed each and every issue after showing me and explaining it to me. They are just truly the best and the work they do is AMAZING!! I can't believe that this is the same house that I had before the flood. Everyone that sees the kitchen is amazed at how great it looks. I can't wait to find more things to have him work on !! If you are looking for a General Contractor you should definitely use M Johnson Contracting you will not be sorry!!

Description of Work
I had a pipe burst from the cold weather which flooded the downstairs of my townhouse. I had to have the walls replaced and the entire downstairs and part of the upstairs repainted. I also had to have my kitchen entirely replaced. The downstairs flooring had to be replaced.

Category flooring contractor,water damage restoration,home remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 03/07/2016

06/15/2016

Patricia C.

It went wonderfully and I am very pleased with my new bathroom. They are very professional with a keen sense for detail. Suggestions were made as to the best way to accommodate my desires and needs and they were accomplished expeditiously. I am looking forward to working with them in the very near future. I have already recommended him to a friend and am looking forward to having him do more remodeling/renovations in my home.

Description of Work
Total remodel/renovation of bathroom including removal of bathroom window, tub, ceramic wall tile, ceramic tile floor, toilet, sink, light and medicine as well as relocation of plumbing and existing closet. Installation of new tub, sink, light and exhaust fan, toilet, medicine cabinet and light, and new ceramic tile floor, along with new walls and subfloor, plus installation of new siding where bathroom exists.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,roofing,siding,ceiling fans,home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/13/2016

06/03/2016

Donald B.

Made an appointment for the estimate but he never showed. Didn't call to say he was running late or had to reschedule. Just silence. IMHO the first contact is all important. They don't show up and don't bother to notify you of the delay or to reschedule asnd I don't want you for the job.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category doors