Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Elmira, NY
There are 3 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Elmira
- Cutting-edge Tile Installations, LLCThis last year, several big holes were made in my 110 year old home’s stone foundation by rodents displaced by the Cornell Maplewood. I spent months trying to find a stone mason to fix it with a success until finally in December I found Cutting Edge Tile. They do Stone and concrete work in addition to brick and tile and their work is excellent and professional work from first contact to billing. It was a pleasure to deal with everyone who worked for the company, including Bill, the contractor, Angela in the office and Jake, the stone mason. Jake listen to all my concerns and a very skilled job in place with difficult access. He also cleaned up All the broken stone and concrete that the rodents had broken up. I couldn’t have asked for the job to be done better. I wholeheartedly recommend them to everyone read less
- Chimney SolutionsFrom the estimating and planning through the take-down of the old chimney and rebuild of the new one, the project was nicely done. I felt I was in the loop on the choice of materials and planning for the rebuild. The crew worked around gardens and landscaping that would have been damaged if they had not taken extra care. They also took care to protect sky lights and a recently painted outdoor deck from any falling construction debris. They were punctual, kept the work area clean and well organized at the end of a work day read less
- Chimney SolutionsWe had a water leak due to crumbling mortar, no cap, and bad flashing. We also have a gas boiler, and the existing clay liner could not handle the moisture produced by the gas. To fix all these issues, I had originally planned to have multiple companies do the work (all of them wanted to charge us about 4 times as much as Chimney Solutions and take at least 4 months to do the work). In the end, I felt Chimney Solutions was the best equipped for the job, and they offered the most competitive and complete bid, so we went with them. We scheduled the work about 3 weeks out from the initial estimate, and 4 workers completed the job in 2 days. Overall, we are happy with the service, the work, and the value, and would choose Chimney Solutions again read less
- Duffee's Contracting LLCI was having new roof put on my house and the old chimney didn't have any flashing what so ever and it need to be repaired badly. Tom Duffee came and did the work. Very pleased with the work, excellent job!!! Duffee Contracting is very professional and honest. I would hire him again.
- Duffee's Contracting LLCI will be recommending Tom Duffee as a true artisan. He was professional, efficient and punctual. Tom was also responsive to a call after the work was completed when a minor defect was noted in the curing concrete. He repaired the area with a small patch of portland cement. I am pleased with the final product. Thank you Tom read less
- Vito Savino MasonryThis is an excellent guy. He rebuilt two chimneys for us, including new flashing around each. He also sealed two "ashes chutes" under each of our fireplaces (they filled with water during rain and poured out into the basement!). He did all this for $1,000, which I thought was very reasonable. He was there for two full days. He also accompanied me to several homes that we were considering purchasing in order to give me estimates for necessary repairs. He did this as a free estimate service. His expert opinion on these homes helped us avoid buying a home with serious structural defects, and/or out-of-control future expenses. He was professional, prompt, courteous, and a joy to work with. I would highly recommend him, and will use him again in the future read less
- Duffee's Contracting LLCTom is such a professional!! Scaffolding was built and the chimney was taken apart piece by piece and a sigh of relief was had by all when the area of the missing bricks was reached. Everything was taken into consideration including the flowers in my mother's garden. Work was done in a very clean manner and safety was always taken into consideration. When all the work was done you would never have know someone was there working. Tom and his worker always arrived on time and our project was done in a timely manner. Communication from request of an estimate to the finish of the project was always professional and timely too. Any issues were resolved easily with understanding, discussion, and agreement of both parties. I would highly recommend Tom to anyone and I would also consider him for my masonry needs in the future read less
- Wulfs Chimneys & VentingI called several masons and left messages and received no calls back. Mark Wulf personally answered the phone and said he was "absolutely" interested in looking at the job. He came to my house 2 hr. later, inspected the problem and gave me a fair price and a written estimate. He came back the next morning at 8:30 and did the job. He performed the work in good time in a professional manner and left the site as clean as he found it. I was very satisfied with the whole experience read less
- VIKING MASONARYTerrible experience, drive is crumbling and paint is peeling from steel siding on the house. $15,000 not well spent, beware.
Masonry Contractors in Elmira
- Business Description:Dewalt & Sons has been providing HVAC and general contracting services to the Steuben, Schuyler, Yates, and Chemung counties for nearly 45 years.Recent Review:I've already rated then once. They were the very best company I have ever hired. I would recommend them to anyone and definitely hire them again should I need their service. They were very professional.Shirley E.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford.. read lessRecent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:The Outdoor Advantage, LLC has been making customers happy in central Maryland by performing quality work at reasonable prices since 2002. We specialize in hardscape design and installation, mulching, hauling, planting, gutter cleaning, landscaping, power washing, snow removal and general outdoor maintenance. We help the homeowner add value to their land and create beauty according to the homeowner’s budget and dreams. It is our pleasure to serve the homes of Carroll County, Baltimore Count.. read lessRecent Review:Outdoor advantage did a superb job. They removed a large (20x12) fish pond that had been in place for over 30 years. They had to haul away about 6 tons of field stone then create a flat and level surface for the pool. They then seeded and put straw down on the bare area. They showed up on time and finished at the end of the day. Outdoor advantage is my go to company for any landscaping project. I've used them many times and wouldn't hesitate to use them in the future read lessjim C.
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have them read lessShelby B.
- Business Description:We are a Veteran owned, family owned and operated company proudly serving Central New York and the Fingerlakes Region. We thrive on business relationships that become long term, and work mostly on referred customers read lessRecent Review:We paid Matt at Family Ties Contracting over $35,000 to renovate our downstairs apartment in an agreed upon maximum of three months. The problems began early, with delays to the start of our project, but we cut him slack because one of his employees was injured in an accident. Not long after, we began getting bills for extras that 1) were already detailed in the contract and 2) were never signed off on. We were clear with Matt from the beginning that we wanted a space that was up to code, it wasn't till months later that we discovered he never even pulled a building permit - is a big "no no" where we live. Our local inspector did not seem happy about this and, in the process of inspections, we discovered other work that needed to be done to bring the apartment up to code, adding to the cost of our project. The problems continued when Matt began to refuse doing work that was clearly in the contract, from small jobs like installing the kitchen sink, to big ones like adding sheetrock to the ceiling to meet code, which was the first thing listed in our contract. The quality of the work was poor, we ended up having to hire a second electrician to install the correct type of outlet for our washer/dryer and a second plumber to fix a leaky sink which was installed. When the project was "finished" it was a mess (see pictures below). Worst of all, the project wasn't actually completed for 11 months - 8 longer than what was in our contracted, which resulted in the loss of a years worth of rental income. We were *constantly* calling them to come back and fix mistakes over this time, with varying degrees of success. To top it off, the owner apparently began spreading rumors about me and my wife because of the difficulties. I wouldn't have even bothered writing this, until I became aware of that. Overall, a totally unprofessional experience. We have spent over $52,000 so far and we are having to finish up by hiring outside contractors. We feel like we were screwed by Family Ties Contracting. It's not just the money and the poor results, but the stress and frustration made for an overall terrible experience read lessChad L.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Affordable Waterproofing LLC is a family-owned company based in Delran, New Jersey. Started in 2009, Affordable Waterproofing has been supplying New Jersey, South Jersey, Philadelphia, and Delaware with cost-effective and superior waterproofing services for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on supplying the best basement waterproofing system installation, mold removal, and foundation and structural repairs around. Because of our commitment to our clients, we back all of our services with a w.. read lessRecent Review:It SEEMED to have gone well 2 years ago, but, I was told in order to get rid of the smell I would have to throw out anything that was porous. Of course I couldn't do that, it was many things. So, I learned to live with the smell (after two weeks the smell was back). Lo and behold (two years later) I moved aside some boxes and saw mold and a wet cinderblock wall). I called the company because I spent $6k for remediation. Someone came to my house and said "well, what do you want from us, you did not get rid of your water problem". I was livid because I never had a water problem until they painted my walls and covered up the holes that were drilled into the cinderblock to allow for drainage. I threw that man out. I had his boss trying to call me and the boss even sent me a text asking me "don't you want to speak with the owner?" No, I do not want to speak after being "monetarily raped" two years ago for a paint job, dropped ceiling removal and some perfume sprayed around read lessTracy S.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated. We have our own employees with a variety of skills. Very little use of sub-contractors, we usually have discounts available. Financing is available through a company called Ennerbank. Additional email - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional phone - (607) 277-1208 read less
- Business Description:I am a self run business and I do all of the work myself unless I need to bring another helper for bigger projects.
- Business Description:“Masonry done with perfection” we do everything from concrete to restoration, if it’s masonry work that you need done, we’re the guys to call !!!! Call today for your free quote and to have the best looking masonry work around central New York when I’m done 💯✅ and no worries I’m open 7 days a week 24/7/365 days a year!!!! unfortunately, if you need concrete work done, I can only get it from Monday through Saturday but Sunday’s Are my block,brick,stone,parging,restoration repair on any masonr.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
The cost of brick siding and veneers can depend on several factors, including the thickness of the brick and whether you choose to use real brick or manufactured stone. The average cost to install brick siding for a 2,500 square foot home is about $18,000
Find masonry contractors in
- Pine City
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Van Etten
- Painted Post
- Columbia Cross Roads
- South Waverly
- Beaver Dams
- Montour Falls
- Watkins Glen
masonry contractors in Elmira
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A+ Mowing & Landscaping44 Main Street
Vanetten, New York
- ABG Contracting4 Carriage Cir
Elmira, New York
- Advanced Construction180 Park Station Rd.
Erin, New York
- Affordable Waterproofing LLC8000 Rte 130
Delran, New Jersey
- Appalachian Preservation Services, LLC184 Bowers Rd
- Avalon Homes950 Danby Rd.
Ithaca, New York
- A+ Mowing & Landscaping
- Dewalt & Sons10306 West Caton Road
Corning, New York
- Dewalt & Sons
- Erickson Building & Design9340 County Rd 142
Interlaken, New York
- Erickson Building & Design
- LanD CONSTRUCTION195 SAWDEY RD
Horseheads, New York
- LanD CONSTRUCTION
- PLANTSMEN NURSERY482 PERUVILLE RD
Groton, New York
- PLANTSMEN NURSERY
- VIKING MASONARY596 BREESPORT N CHEMUNG RD
Lowman, New York
- VIKING MASONARY
- Yardwolves landscaping llc61 Larchmont Rd
Elmira, New York
- Yardwolves landscaping llc