Your House Remodeling LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2010

***WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE PROJECTS UNTIL SPRING of 2023.*** ...

Before

+14 more images

home remodeling (22)woodworking (18)door installation (16)window replacement (11)decks & porches (8)tile installation (7)home builder (4)basement remodeling (3)countertop installation (3)hardwood floors (2)garage building (1)siding companies (1)

07/31/2019

Victor S.

They did a magnificent job converting my home into a palace, I will definitively use them again

Description of Work
Interior house remodelation

Category flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

02/08/2019

Gary P.

Great work 100% Would hire them again in a heart beat!!!!

Description of Work
ceilings Done

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, mobile home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

11/21/2018

Forrest T.

Excellent. Mike's always on time - extremely clean and meticulous, a perfectionist. He always gives suggestions and passes on his savings to us. This is the 3d job he's done for me and I will have nobody else!

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Review for Your House Remodeling LLC - 75 S Main St, Concord, NH - 37567012

10/05/2018

Robert C.

The workers were professional and the finished product looks great! I would definitely recommend hiring them.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, half bath added, and new electric panel

Category countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

08/08/2018

Louie B.

Mike Mayo sold us on hiring him for our kitchen remodel and it was nothing but regret thereafter. He took weeks to get us an official proposal and when he did it was out of the price range we discussed. In addition he refused itemize the project to make it easier for us to decide which aspects to leave for another time and figure out where to save money. He was full of false promises and would not disclose his availability. The original start date he gave us got pushed back a week and then a month. He told us a story about how he had to fire one of his employees because the employee got aggressive with a customer - that is when we started to get weary. We would not want questionable contractors in our home so we would never recommend Mike, his company, or contractors that work with Mike. As for the cost - we gave mike a top dollar budget and asked him to work under that budget and make suggestions to stay in our budget. He came back with a proposal that was 6K over budget and asked us to just pay with a credit card. When I questioned his cost he refused to give me any answers and told me he does not disclose what things cost and only provides a total cost for material and a total cost for labor. He told me the job would take 3-5 days so I ran the math and he was attempting to charge $310/hour for labor (if it took a full 40 hours). This guy looks for customers he can take advantage of - do not give him your credit card.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category handyman service, hardwood floor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

The truth of the matter is: No Service Was Performed, I was not officially hired at all. I met Mr B. to give a bid for insurance covered water damages in his kitchen. The initial scope of the work was far less than the bid I ended up giving. Because of the extent of water damages and the fact that he is dealing with the insurance company, I recommended that he hire a Public adjuster to advocate for him with the insurance company. I informed him he would be sure to get more money from his claim to complete the scope and possibly more. He agreed and proceeded to work on that. I would then use the insurance quote to finalize my quote to be sure to include all the same scope the insurance was including. This took a couple of weeks and to no avail as he was too impatient and he decided then to just proceed with my quote only. In the meantime he has changed the scope to include much more work than originally discussed. So with this new information I continue with my quote. Keep in mind there has been no commitment in writing nor any money paid yet. This is still just a quote request. As mentioned the scope of work grew to include a complete kitchen remodel so my quote would naturally be higher than we first discussed upon first meeting. I knew the bid was higher than we first thought so I did offer credit card as a payment option. At no time did I ask for his card number. It was just an option to help afford the extra work as I knew the insurance money was falling short of his larger scope of work. I did take more time to gather material quotes but not anything abnormal with a project of this size. During the whole process of preparing my quote, Mr B would call, text, and email me well in the the night, after hours and expect an immediate response. I had to kindly inform him that I need personal time and don't work all hrs of the night. I think that was the beginning of the end of our business relationship. Throughout the time I was trying to help, he insisted on acting as a general contractor and wanting to get all my pricing info detailed out item by item. I have been in business for 26 years and know when people are using me as a bid maker to get insurance money. They will take my detailed bid to get the insurance money then either complete the work themselves or get a relative or friend to do the work for pennies on the dollar and pocket the insurance profits for themselves. Again, no money was given and I was not hired officially yet. He was quite persistent and demanding of a complete item by item breakdown. At this point I have had enough of the treatment and respectfully backed out of the quote and wished him good luck in his project and role as General Contractor.

04/04/2018

Liam J.

Everything went great. Mike was on time, courteous and a pleasure to work with. Pricing was up front and reasonable as well. All of the work that we had him do was done perfectly and after about a month there have been no issues. We're looking forward to having Mike back for our next set of projects.

Description of Work
Dishwasher installed, overhead fan replaced and bathroom fixtures replaced.

Work Completed On 03/24/2018

04/01/2018

Larry K.

Mike did a great job, the supplier made mistakes with the tile order and Mike went out of his way to deal with the supplier and correct the problems.

Description of Work
Tile bathroom remodel.

Category handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/14/2017

11/09/2017

James H.

Took a bit longer than expected for the install to happen due to staffing issues, but the work was worth the wait. Michael was very professional, and I'm very pleased with the install. I will definitely be contacting him again for future projects.

Description of Work
Install an exterior door in the basement to the bulkhead.

Category handyman service, remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

11/07/2017

Heidi W.

Your House Remodeling did an excellent job! We have used them in the past for both bathroom renovations and smaller jobs around the house. Michael always looks out for us, thinks ahead and makes great suggestions, and does a quality job. We are very happy with Michael and Your House Remodeling

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation - we removed a load-bearing wall to open up the kitchen, dining room, and living room. A windows was removed, relocated, and replaced. All kitchen cabinets, counters, and appliances (purchased elsewhere) were relocated and replaced.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/16/2016

11/01/2017

Forrest T.

Mike Mayo and Your House Remodeling LLC: We are totally delighted with Mike Mayo and all the work he did for us the week indicated. Mike is extremely meticulous and precise in all his work. He is extremely clean and makes sure that we are happy and satisfied with his work. My house presented many challenges being 50 years old but through Mike's experience, he was able to address these situations. One in particular was when he took out the old back door, there was severe rot in the underlayers of sheathing and floor joist. Instead of 'making-do', he took his time to get rid of the deterioration and make it new. This is going above and beyond. Mike even took it upon himself to change out some floor tiles that were cracked around the door and put new ones in. My banisters were also a challenge due to the settling of my house. He used his experience and 'magic' to make them perfect. When Mike did my front entrance, he was very careful not to damage my original cedar shingles - it came out perfect. he even painted the new trim - something I thought that I was going to do but he made it very easy for us. Being in our 70's, everything he did helps us out 100%. Now that we know Mike - we have many more projects for him to do. He is in demand by other clients, who have had Mike do work for him thus keeping him busy and in demand - but its worth any wait to have your job done right and as perfect as possible. My wife and I give Mike Mayo and "Your House Remodeling LLC", and A+.

Description of Work
Mike Mayo is the contractor and performed the following for a period of 4 - 5 days: Removed and installed a new front entrance to my 50 year old Cape; Removed and installed a new sliding door going on to my back deck and installed new banister rails into my entry.

Work Completed On 09/10/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. I enjoyed the work at your house because it was a bit challenging. The challenge is welcome as it keeps me focused and always trying my best. I look forward to helping you with all your future projects so we can keep “Your House” as perfect as you deserve. Mike

08/30/2017

Nicki F.

He did a nice job with installing one strip of tiles under the microwave I paid $125. He asked if I had any other job that are going to need doing. I told him probably next year (Spring 2017). He told me he could put me on the list for $100 if I would like to be considered for next spring. The repair job was done in November 2016. This past April, he emailed me and he told me that he was ready to do the bathroom, but haven't gotten an estimate. Since he didn't do any other work, I told him I would like my $100 deposit, he told me he will think about it, I've asked for the $100 deposit twice and that was back in May and 4 months later I have not receive it.

Description of Work
To be put on the list for tiling and provide $100 deposit

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

I am sorry the customer feels they are entitled to a refund of the nonrefundable scheduling deposit. Her review conveniently or accidentally left out some details of the story. This is how things went; I did a small handyman type project which included removing one row of tile over the stove. Installing her over the stove microwave then replacing the row tile which needed to be cut, glued and grouted. All was complete and she paid for the labor of $125. She questioned me about a possible bathroom renovation so we discussed it briefly. She agreed to approach the project at a latter time. No measuring or estimating was done at this time. She needed time to decide on what she wanted to do and we would meet in the future to do the estimate. I notified her that in order for me to reserve time in my schedule for her project that she would have to pay a non-refundable $100 deposit. She agreed with no hesitation. I sent her the invoice for the Non-refundable deposit via email. She told me she would be ready in the spring to do the bathroom project, about six months from then. About a month or so before her reserved scheduling, I called and emailed her to see if I could meet with her to gather the details about her bathroom project as I needed this info to give her a quote. She tells me at that time that she was going to cancel that project but needed me to look at a different project at another property. We agreed on a meeting time and went to see this other project. I measured for some tile flooring and kitchen backsplash tile, gave her a verbal price and she thought it was too high and decided not to hire me to do the job. Keep in mind I had reserved time in my schedule for a completely different job that she decided not to do. No measuring or estimating was scheduled for that one. I can appreciate her disgruntled position but this is exactly the reason I charge a non-refundable $100 scheduling fee. It is quite the hassle to have to move or fill in the time in my schedule that was reserved for her. It can be disruptive for business as well as other customers if they should have to rearrange there schedule to accommodate a different date for their projects. The non-refundable deposit is a good faith gesture that a customer is serious about hiring us and in no way pays for the disruption to our schedule or business. Therefore I will not issue a refund for the non-refundable scheduling deposit as this is my policy to all my customers. It is made know clearly up front to all customers verbally as well as in writing. I am fully dedicated to every customer to provide high quality work at a reasonable and fair price but will not apologize for the policies I have in place which help protect all parties involved.

04/26/2017

Bob C.

Job was completed as promised... quality work and they cleaned up after project.

Description of Work
support cellar stairs...sheetrock cellar stairway... modify hall ceiling

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

08/11/2016

K Matthew B.

We found Mike Mayo, Your House Remodeling, here on Angie’s list. Overall, Mike's work is pretty good. We wanted our first-floor, main bathroom (approximately 30 sq. feet) redone in order to sell the house in the near future. We told him we weren't looking for a dream bathroom, but to make it nice/new/clean enough for sale. There were some issues throughout the project, some on our end, some on his. Please note that this review is a revised version, re-written two months after total completion. I sent Mike the original review a couple of weeks after his initial work was completed in hopes that he would be agreeable to addressing some concerns and finishing the work to our satisfaction. We had scheduled the project in April to start for June 6. After paying a $100 fee to be put on his schedule, he notified us that he would be in contact a couple of weeks before the start of the project. On June 4, I sent him a message asking if we were still on for the 6/6 start. He replied that he wouldn't be able to start until the 20th and thanked us for our patience. I requested a meeting to discuss the project in detail and make sure we were on the same page (my wife had met with him when he did his initial inspection/quote), but he said he'd prefer to talk on the phone. I'm assuming he wanted to avoid making another trip to Manchester, but I really would have appreciated being in the space with him and hearing him talk about what he was going to do. It may have fixed a major issue that came up. On 6/11 he texted me that he would be starting on 6/20 and asked us to send a 50% deposit for materials. I overlooked this (my mistake) and as a result, he bumped us on his schedule. We sent out a deposit check immediately after finding out we'd been bumped (again, my mistake). Got notification on 6/17 that he had planned to start but still hadn't received deposit check, nearly two weeks after it was sent. We got bumped again. Stopped payment on first check, sent a second one, finally got scheduled for July 25. (Found out that he did eventually receive the first check. Thanks USPS!) Work started on 7/25. Mike and a laborer worked throughout the week, usually arriving around 9 am (which I appreciated!) and the project had few unexpected bumps. There was an issue with our hot water heater not having some shut off valves that were needed to do plumbing in the bathroom, so an extra $250 was added to the bill. While the sheet rock was being put in, I noticed that there wasn't a shower head put in. I asked Mike and he said that he had discussed this with my wife on the initial consultation and that because there is a full sized window in the bath/shower wall, he thought a shower head was a bad idea for water/moisture issues. This is our primary bathroom, so there needed to be a shower. We have simply had a shower liner pulled across that wall and have never had issues with moisture. I was adamant with Mike that there needed to be a shower. He hemmed and hawed a little and made it clear that we would then need to have the shower/bath tiled now (not part of his contract), and that it would cost a lot more, would require several more days to do, and made it very obvious that he was not interested in doing it. I said that I would take care of the tiling, because I needed to have a working shower in this bathroom. He then unscrewed the sheet rock on that wall and ran a shower pipe out. It took him an hour to do it, so he said he wouldn’t charge extra for this. I later concluded that tiling is beyond my abilities and would have to hire someone else to tile. Something else that I hadn't thought of is that the sheet rock installed around the tub/shower walls is normal sheet rock and not cement backer board, something that should have been discussed right then and there. Again, had we had that meeting before the project started, I think we could have avoided this issue. The rest of the project went without incident. They finished on the following Monday, staying until about 7 pm in order to not have to come in on Tuesday. As a result, there are definitely some finishing touches that were rushed. Some uneven paint on walls and door, painting wall paint onto the trim, a hole in the sheetrock poorly patched after installing medicine cabinet. After they left, I attempted to close the bathroom door, and it wouldn't close. I called Mike about 20 minutes after he left and he came back. He wasn't sure why it wasn't closing and ended up planing the door down, going through the new paint, except for at the bottom of the door, meaning I'll have to repaint the door. And one more note about that door. They took the existing door off, and only repainted the inside the bathroom side. The other side is clearly in need of being repainted as well. I was pretty annoyed that while they were painting the one side, that they couldn't have cleaned up the other side and paint that too. It's just one of those overall details that say to me they couldn't wait to get off of this project. They also didn’t paint the hinges, which are rusty and dingy. There was also some cleanup work that should have been done at the end that they just simply rushed and didn’t do. Muddy boot prints in my hallway, construction scrap left in the yard, and they borrowed my hand truck to move the bathtub, then left it out on my lawn overnight in the rain. There was also a weird, rusty water stain behind the toilet on the new flooring. I did clean it up and hopefully it’s not indicative of a future problem. Part of the contracted price was to include an $1800 materials allotment, not including plumbing and electrical. They had their own allotments. An itemized account at the end was not given. I did my best to go through all of the items he bought from subflooring, sheet rock, bath tub, etc. He bought the materials at Home Depot so it was very easy to price the exact models he bought. By my estimates, I believe he spent less than $1000 on materials, pocketing at least $800.00. Some of the things bought were the cheapest of materials. The exhaust fan is the cheapest one Home Depot sells, and is woefully underpowered, unable to keep a 30 sq. foot bathroom from fogging up during a shower. After living with the bathroom for a couple of weeks, I wrote my initial review (not posted) and sent it to Mike on 08/11, hoping he would be agreeable to fixing the issues. He contacted me and said that he wanted to make sure his customers were happy and that he would be willing to come back and do the tile work. We discussed some of the issues brought up in my initial review, such as cement backer board and materials allotment. With regards to the backer board, he explained that he uses a product, Schluter Kurdi waterproofing membrane, that goes over regular sheetrock to seal out water and that it is technologically superior to backer board as the cement is porous and will take on water over time. I then brought up the building materials allotment issue. He said he had spent most of it and asked me what figure I had come up with. I told him $800-$1,000. He laughed it off and said that wasn’t accurate. I asked about seeing an itemized statement and he effectively ended this conversation saying that it didn’t matter what was spent, that I had bought a fixed-priced contract. It’s worth noting that had the cost of materials gone above that, I would have had to pay the difference. This did not sit well with me, however I knew that legally he had me. I had signed the contract and that’s all there is to say about it. I did agree to have him finish the tiling as he said he would get me in as soon as he finished his current project (about two weeks). I had tried to schedule other tiling contractors and the minimum wait time was two months and we needed the bathroom to be finished. Mike and his helper tiled on 8/30 and 8/31. He charged us an additional $1,010.00. We supplied the tiles and mortar. Overall, the tiles look pretty good. There is a fair amount of what I believe is mortar stain on the ceiling. I guess the tiles on the top scraped the ceiling as they were installed? There were also bits of dried mortar found on the sink, medicine cabinet, tub, and floor. I had left the paint cans he used to paint walls and trim out by the bathroom in hopes the he would have touched up the spots mentioned previously. None of the finishing touches I had issues with were fixed. Keep in mind, I sent him the previous version of this review before he did the tiling, so he knew these things weren’t to my satisfaction and chose not to fix them. So I have mixed feelings about the total project. Mike does pretty good work and on the surface, the bathroom looks good. He was courteous and professional in his demeanor. I believe the nuts and bolts of the work will hold up over time. He also did a couple of extra things, like fix a broken basement door and replaced a rotten trap in an upstairs bathroom sink. Where he lost points with me is in not following up on the deposit issues pushing the start time back a month +, the rushing to finish/lack of attention to finish details and not fixing them when pointed out, not meeting with me prior to starting, the materials charge, and how the shower was initially dealt with. As someone who doesn't have contractor work done often, the problems associated with the shower were simply more than I could have fully comprehended while it was happening. If asked whether I would hire him again (I’m sure he’d decline at this point), I might, but with some serious caveats put into the contract. I would need to see an itemized list for cost of materials with stipulation that anything unspent gets deducted from the final tally. I would also insist on daily clean-up, and a follow up conversation after the job to see if anything needs to be touched up.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel - gutted existing bathroom and put in new bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/29/2016

Review for Your House Remodeling LLC - 75 S Main St, Concord, NH - 33852805

05/22/2016

David J.

Mike has done a lot of work for me over the last several years and he always does excellent service...he pays attention to detail and will make sure the job is done to my satisfaction

Description of Work
Completely remodeled my bathroom...it was totally gutted and all new installed....amazing job

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

04/18/2016

Jerri F.

They were prompt and got to work quickly. I purchased an angies list deal of $89 for painting one room. I added on a bathroom. They were very professional and careful with the items in the room. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome--even nearly a year later!

Description of Work
Painted bedroom and bathroom

Category handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

04/10/2016

Roy B.

excellent work, quickly done

Description of Work
rebuilt deck, stairway, and replaced a couple of exterior walls

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

01/18/2016

Hope C.

Mike did an excellent job. I have dealt with a lot of contractors in the past. Mike was by far the best contractor I have ever dealt with. He is honest and trustworthy. His communication skills are excellent and he has a good personality. It seems like he can do anything. He is a hard working man. I would use him again and highly recommend Your House Remodeling to anyone.

Description of Work
Created and installed two bathrooms. And put up a Steelemaster building.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/2016

12/10/2015

Karen W.

Mike did an excellent job. Was on-time, completed the jobs quickly and cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
Replaced level controls in 4 toilets, assembled a deck box and some light caulking

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

10/10/2015

Latrice H.

I thought it went okay until I started noticing the bath tub faucet leaking. I purchased the $150 coupon for 3 hours of service and ended having to pay 300.00 when it all said and done.

Description of Work
Replaced bath tub faucet, instead light fixture interior and exterior, replace baseboards Fix toilet leak,replace door from board at back door.

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 09/07/2015

I thank you for your review as it helps me to maintain a higher level of service. As for your leaking faucet, I was not aware of any leaking nor did I get a call from you about it. I would come to remedy the issue if I recieve notice from you as I do warrantee all my work. Then there is the price you have issue with. I do understand you purchased a handyman deal but you really need to read the deals before you purchase. The deals are for labor only. I do have to charge for any materials used. You did supply some of the items but I did purchase the remaining materials on your behalf. Therfore the end balance was a bit more. You really cant expect a business to give you all materials for free. And one more note, when I make appointment times with customers, I work very hard to be early to everyone. It is not very polite to set a time then call me at the appointment time and say your just leaving work. I had to wait on you for both appointments for about 20 minutes. You made me late for my other appointments that day. I am sorry you had so much misunderstanding about your purchase. I hope you have a better experience next time. Sincerely, Mike

09/11/2015

Bettina F.

I can't recall the price, but I believe it was something like 3 hrs for 100.00.............He and his wife work together , so it was 1 1/2 for the two of them ( 2 X 1 1/2 hours = 3 hrs)...........so I guess it worked out. They do very precise, excellent work..........just thought I would get more than two doors painted..........

Description of Work
Paint the front door and paint the bathroom door and trim

Category handyman service, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/12/2015

I thank you for the review. We work hard to do exellent work for everyone. When it comes to painting, it can really make things look bad if not done precise. Doors are one of the slower items to paint as they have many panels which will make all painters slow down a bit. Glass also takes some finesse to paint a door. All in all it went smoothly and the doors are like showroom new again. That was the goal. Again, thanks for the work and I thank you for being another valued customer. I look forward to helping with any other projects you may have. Sincerely, Mike

08/11/2015

David P.

It went great, on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
repaint the bathroom

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2015

We enjoyed working with you and I am happy to have gained another great customer. It is my pleasure to help with Your House and I look forward to painting the other rooms for you soon. Sincerely, Mike

07/22/2015

Richard M.

They arrived on time and did an excellent job. Cleaned up and provided quote for additional work before leaving.

Description of Work
Deal included two coats of paint for one 12 x 12 room

Work Completed On 07/20/2015