Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in New Bern, NC
There are 4 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in New Bern
- Royal Repairs Handyman ServicesThere were challenges but Dan met all of the challenges successfully. One of the things I really appreciate about him is that he is a great problem solver. He does excellent work.
- Ace BuildersA home inspection uncovered suspect hidden water damage. The contractor was contacted about a more detailed inspection and an estimate to made the necessary repairs. As the person purchasing the home I was asked to outlined what I wanted done. I worked very closely with the contractor. The work had to be completed before the property could be sold. The final cost was within the estimate range and the work performed met expectations. As the buyer of the property and absentee owner this was a very pleasant experinece. The double wide trailer brick curtain installation was in response to a mortgage bank requirment that a brick foundation was needed before they would consider a loan to a potential buyer. The contractor was able to complete the required work within three weeks of our initial contact. The bank approved the loan and the property was sold. As an absentee owner this was a very pleasant experinece
- Jack Bender ConstructionThe contractor crew spent about 14 hours on site. It was evident the contractor did not read the installation instructions for any of the installed items. The window and door rough openings were too high or wide by almost 2 inches and had to be shimmed up with 2 by 4s when the time came to install the windows and doors. One door rough opening was so far out of plumb that when the pre-hung door brick molding was installed flush with the exterior sheathing the door would not close properly. No attention was paid to the gap between the door panel and the frame such that the handle latch would not catch the striker plate. They did fix it at my request but now the door frame protrudes less than a half inch past the rough opening at the bottom and almost one and a quarter inches at the top along the striker plate side of the door. The hinged side of the door is similar. I found out later they invoiced me for the materials to fix the door (vinyl brick molding and shims)! After seeing all that I installed the other door myself. One window rough opening had a 3/4 inch difference in length between the header and the sill that caused the jack studs and studs to bow. It was obvious standing 30 feet away!. If I had not said anything they would have left it that way. The crew leader said it was OK because the window could still be installed plumb. I had him fix it anyway.They did not caulk behind the window nailing fin as required by the manufacturer. The exterior stone veneer (Versetta Stone) was installed higher up the wall than I requested and discussed with them. After watching them install the stone veneer on one wall I decided to download and read the installation instructions myself. I discovered the manufacturer's requirement to install a waterproof barrier (not house wrap) on the wall prior to installation. This was not done on the wall they completed. I installed the required barrier on the other wall before they came back to finish the job. The veneer normally has a nailing flange for installation. The ledge piece under the windows required removal of the nailing flanged (allowed by the instructions) but required the use of construction adhesive to hold it in place. I informed the contractor of this and discovered after they left they did not do it. I pulled the ledge pieces out with very little effort. I reinstalled them properly myself using the recommended adhesive.6 out of 16 of the 11 foot long studs (excluding jacks and cripples) were installed plumb (bubble between and not touching the lines) when measured with a six foot Bostich level. This is why the one door was racked in the rough opening. Maybe this is me being picky but I expected better. Overall it was not a good experience although from the outside the finished product looks good
- Collins Ricky Masonry & ConcreteReal bad. Always told me he would be there next week, never showed or called. I got the feeling he was looking for more money than he initially quoted. Job remained the same but he brought up the extra work of a footer, I put one in to his dimensions to get him to come but still a no show
- Darryl Jones MasonryBrick mason is very unprofessional, asked for money during the entire job when job was not complete. Cleaned up very little behind himself, trash left on my property. Very rude, spoke very ugly to me, he told me he came to my property to clean up so when I got home that day there was still bricks, concrete, and debris every where that he had not picked up. I contacted him and gave him the chance to clean up my property and he refused. I had to pay additional money to my contactor to clean up the mess the brick mason made, something he should have done and was already paid for. I called him after my contractor was paid to clean up the his mess and he refused to pay the contractor the expenses I received because of him and told me he was finished with me. Would not recommend him for any brick work. Some of the brick work he did on my side walk was not even in a straight line
- ACE MasonryMy initial impression of Adam was good, he came from Wilmington to give me a quote and came recommended from a friend that had gotten a quote from him, but had not used his services. I paid him in full, up front which was my fault. Adam came out one or two days to dig out and level the area the cement was going, starting the next day we got rain for a week straight, which I know is out of his control - no problem, what my issue with this was that he left shovels and tools and "junk" all around the yard for weeks until he was able to come back out! He ended up finishing other jobs before coming back leaving us on the back burner. When Adam and his crew finally did come out to finish the job maybe 3 weeks later the cement slab was not level, had a huge mound, was discolored and you could see the strokes used to try and level the cement. These were my minor issues.....Adam and his crew left feet print (more than one!) on the cement slab and had cement splatter all along the siding and foundation of the house! When I brought up my concerns to Adam, he admitted that he had one of the guys walk on the slab because a leaf had blown onto the cement and he didn't want it to leave an impression - mind you we have no trees in our backyard. Adam also used some left over bricks we had to construct a brick mailbox -when he got to the top he had to get a certain brick that did not have the usual holes, however it did not match the mailbox at all and sticks out like a sore thumb and looks tacky. He said he could not undo what was done with the cement slab but would be glad to make it right by giving us a brick fireplace in the backyard and would re-do the top of the mailbox to make it more appeasing. Adam did come back and tried to remove as much of the cement off the house and foundation as possible. After numerous attempts of trying to reach Adam and schedule him to come back out and do the fireplace and fix the mailbox -he still has not shown. $1500 later we do not have a mailbox we love and a cement slab thats not level and has feet impressions
- East Coast CurbingOverall the work performed was acceptable but the customer service was unacceptable. We had signed a contract to have concrete curbing installed and yard maintenace done. They started the work on 3/21/11 and we cancelled it on 3/25/11. The company is very unreliable and unresponsive to phone calls. They would come out one day and not the next. It would be one excuse after another, the owner is a very young egotistical man who is not professional and knows nothing about customer service. I would not reccomend this company to anyone
Masonry Contractors in New Bern
- Business Description:Handyman/ Contractor services - All your home maintenance needs. All your home improvements needs. One call does it all !! Billing is due upon completion of the project. Any cost of supplies will be due at time of purchaseRecent Review:Ed Helms is my idea of a perfect handyman! He has a pleasant, easygoing personality and is very knowledgeable and professional. I have been looking for a good handyman for some time and think I have found the right onevalerie g.
- Business Description:FREE 3D Design Consultation for Angie's List Members, Call Now! Anthony & Sylvan has been building swimming pools in North Carolina and South Carolina for more than 20 years and across the U.S. for more than 70 years. Because of this experience, we have the knowledge and know-how to build your dream pool. Whether you are looking to build a concrete pool or a fiberglass pool, our design consultants will help guide you through the many decisions that come along with building a pool – ensuring y..Recent Review:the best five stars I will give it to our project manager (Ray) his absolutely the best, answering questions about anything, he doesn't forget about you when they finish the project. Always with the best attitude and has the answer for all your questionsJose C.
- Business Description:At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is..Recent Review:I have a walkout basement that has trouble in severe rains that floods my basement under the door. We had a small sump pump installed, but it did not help Memorial weekend when we had Biblical rains hit the area. My sump and shopvac were working overtime as the ground was so saturated. I called four contractors for estimates. Falcone was the first to show up three days later. Chris spent a great deal of time talking with us on our concerns and inspecting our property. He gave us a fast and fair quote. Our job was able to be completed within three weeks of scheduling it. It took four days for Chris, Kenny and their crew to install an internal french drain system in my basement and crawl space as well as a door drain along with a sump and backup. They were kind, respectful, and efficient. They did a great job and cleaned up the basement work area and my property when they were done. Maryl in the business office was great to work with. Everyone I was in contact with at Falcone was communicative and very nice to deal with. I would definitely recommend and would call on them again in a heartbeat. ThanksElissa M.
- Business Description:Specializing in home improvements and repairs from the foundation to the roof and all in between. Free estimates and completely insured . Very friendly , and prompt service and all work is guaranteed ! Whether you have damage or are just ready for a change give us a call !Recent Review:Craig and his crew repaired our chimney and floor joist. His prices were better than everyone who came out. It didn't take long for them to all they needed to do. I recommend Mitchelle Rose Home Solutions for your construction needsCurtiss C.
- Business Description:Ram Jack uses state-of-the-art technology to repair damaged foundations, concrete slabs, coastal homes built on pilings and basement walls. We hold patents on many of the products and processes used to deliver the most reliable systems on the market today. Only the highest quality components are utilized, and strict quality control is maintained from start to finishRecent Review:I selected Ram Jack based on Angie's List reviews, the work they did for a neighbor, and the initial quote. I did a lot of research on their steel piers, and hired an independent structural engineer for an initial consultation. Ram Jack was happy to do the work based on the engineer's findings. The work crews showed up as scheduled, worked extremely hard, and did an outstanding job!!! My experience with the person who did the initial bid was very good. Communication was excellent!!! The work crews were efficient, cleaned up the area, and even provided us pictures of the work they did. Overall, a very positive experience. I would use them again in heartbeatMichael F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:Previous piering companies had tried and failed to solve our sinking foundation problem with undersized piers. After researching available options and getting quotes from a few companies, we chose Expert House Movers to excavate around our foundation, install custom made piers to support the weight of our house (full masonry, stone foundation, slate roof and terazzo floos) and spray a rubberized coating on the below ground portion of our foundation to stop future water penetrations in our stone foundation. They showed up promptly, performed the necessary work in a timely matter and were careful of the landscaping we wanted to keep. The job itself took longer than anticipated mostly due to additional work needed once the foundation was exposed (tuckpointing, new window wells, etc). There was minor damage to the sprinkler system and the water service line, but we were compensated for the damage by EHM. My only complaint was the amount of old drainage pipes and broken concrete that was left on site during the work and not removed until the end of the job. <br /PERRON R.
- Business Description:We are a small homegrown company who works mostly for flippers. We also have a few private clients we supply services for. We are competetive with any quote and always willing to work with home owners on payment options
- Business Description:Classical Construction is a home improvement business been around since 2001 believe in going above and beyond the call of duty by treating each home owner property as if it ours.
- Business Description:Handyman service with 24hr emergency service.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in New Bern
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Boulia Construction & Restoration6931 Hwy 70 E
Newport, North Carolina 28570
- Boulia Construction & Restoration
- Collins Ricky Masonry & Concrete3107 Madison Ave
New Bern, North Carolina 28562
- Collins Ricky Masonry & Concrete
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair4134 Statesville Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28269
- Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair
- Helms Home Maintenance311 Belvedere Dr
Holly Ridge, North Carolina 28445
- Helms Home Maintenance
- Jack Bender Construction8384 Hwy 17 PO Box 175
Pollocksville, North Carolina 28573
- Jack Bender Construction
- Ram Jack Foundation Solutions4122 Bennett Memorial Rd Ste 101
Durham, North Carolina 27705
- Ram Jack Foundation Solutions
- Trigleth Plumbing Co295 Hidden Bay Dr
Swansboro, North Carolina 28584
- Trigleth Plumbing Co