If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Kinston, NC
There are 5 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Kinston
- Royal Repairs Handyman ServicesThere were challenges but Dan met all of the challenges successfully. One of the things I really appreciate about him is that he is a great problem solver. He does excellent work.
- Ace BuildersA home inspection uncovered suspect hidden water damage. The contractor was contacted about a more detailed inspection and an estimate to made the necessary repairs. As the person purchasing the home I was asked to outlined what I wanted done. I worked very closely with the contractor. The work had to be completed before the property could be sold. The final cost was within the estimate range and the work performed met expectations. As the buyer of the property and absentee owner this was a very pleasant experinece. The double wide trailer brick curtain installation was in response to a mortgage bank requirment that a brick foundation was needed before they would consider a loan to a potential buyer. The contractor was able to complete the required work within three weeks of our initial contact. The bank approved the loan and the property was sold. As an absentee owner this was a very pleasant experinece read less
- Signature Landscape incThe work took longer than we had anticipated due issues that came up during the job but we were happy with the results. I would recommend and actually have to more than one person looking to have work done this summer.
- Jack Bender ConstructionThe contractor crew spent about 14 hours on site. It was evident the contractor did not read the installation instructions for any of the installed items. The window and door rough openings were too high or wide by almost 2 inches and had to be shimmed up with 2 by 4s when the time came to install the windows and doors. One door rough opening was so far out of plumb that when the pre-hung door brick molding was installed flush with the exterior sheathing the door would not close properly. No attention was paid to the gap between the door panel and the frame such that the handle latch would not catch the striker plate. They did fix it at my request but now the door frame protrudes less than a half inch past the rough opening at the bottom and almost one and a quarter inches at the top along the striker plate side of the door. The hinged side of the door is similar. I found out later they invoiced me for the materials to fix the door (vinyl brick molding and shims)! After seeing all that I installed the other door myself. One window rough opening had a 3/4 inch difference in length between the header and the sill that caused the jack studs and studs to bow. It was obvious standing 30 feet away!. If I had not said anything they would have left it that way. The crew leader said it was OK because the window could still be installed plumb. I had him fix it anyway.They did not caulk behind the window nailing fin as required by the manufacturer. The exterior stone veneer (Versetta Stone) was installed higher up the wall than I requested and discussed with them. After watching them install the stone veneer on one wall I decided to download and read the installation instructions myself. I discovered the manufacturer's requirement to install a waterproof barrier (not house wrap) on the wall prior to installation. This was not done on the wall they completed. I installed the required barrier on the other wall before they came back to finish the job. The veneer normally has a nailing flange for installation. The ledge piece under the windows required removal of the nailing flanged (allowed by the instructions) but required the use of construction adhesive to hold it in place. I informed the contractor of this and discovered after they left they did not do it. I pulled the ledge pieces out with very little effort. I reinstalled them properly myself using the recommended adhesive.6 out of 16 of the 11 foot long studs (excluding jacks and cripples) were installed plumb (bubble between and not touching the lines) when measured with a six foot Bostich level. This is why the one door was racked in the rough opening. Maybe this is me being picky but I expected better. Overall it was not a good experience although from the outside the finished product looks good read less
- Collins Ricky Masonry & ConcreteReal bad. Always told me he would be there next week, never showed or called. I got the feeling he was looking for more money than he initially quoted. Job remained the same but he brought up the extra work of a footer, I put one in to his dimensions to get him to come but still a no show
- Darryl Jones MasonryBrick mason is very unprofessional, asked for money during the entire job when job was not complete. Cleaned up very little behind himself, trash left on my property. Very rude, spoke very ugly to me, he told me he came to my property to clean up so when I got home that day there was still bricks, concrete, and debris every where that he had not picked up. I contacted him and gave him the chance to clean up my property and he refused. I had to pay additional money to my contactor to clean up the mess the brick mason made, something he should have done and was already paid for. I called him after my contractor was paid to clean up the his mess and he refused to pay the contractor the expenses I received because of him and told me he was finished with me. Would not recommend him for any brick work. Some of the brick work he did on my side walk was not even in a straight line read less
- East Coast CurbingOverall the work performed was acceptable but the customer service was unacceptable. We had signed a contract to have concrete curbing installed and yard maintenace done. They started the work on 3/21/11 and we cancelled it on 3/25/11. The company is very unreliable and unresponsive to phone calls. They would come out one day and not the next. It would be one excuse after another, the owner is a very young egotistical man who is not professional and knows nothing about customer service. I would not reccomend this company to anyone read less
- ACE MasonryMy initial impression of Adam was good, he came from Wilmington to give me a quote and came recommended from a friend that had gotten a quote from him, but had not used his services. I paid him in full, up front which was my fault. Adam came out one or two days to dig out and level the area the cement was going, starting the next day we got rain for a week straight, which I know is out of his control - no problem, what my issue with this was that he left shovels and tools and "junk" all around the yard for weeks until he was able to come back out! He ended up finishing other jobs before coming back leaving us on the back burner. When Adam and his crew finally did come out to finish the job maybe 3 weeks later the cement slab was not level, had a huge mound, was discolored and you could see the strokes used to try and level the cement. These were my minor issues.....Adam and his crew left feet print (more than one!) on the cement slab and had cement splatter all along the siding and foundation of the house! When I brought up my concerns to Adam, he admitted that he had one of the guys walk on the slab because a leaf had blown onto the cement and he didn't want it to leave an impression - mind you we have no trees in our backyard. Adam also used some left over bricks we had to construct a brick mailbox -when he got to the top he had to get a certain brick that did not have the usual holes, however it did not match the mailbox at all and sticks out like a sore thumb and looks tacky. He said he could not undo what was done with the cement slab but would be glad to make it right by giving us a brick fireplace in the backyard and would re-do the top of the mailbox to make it more appeasing. Adam did come back and tried to remove as much of the cement off the house and foundation as possible. After numerous attempts of trying to reach Adam and schedule him to come back out and do the fireplace and fix the mailbox -he still has not shown. $1500 later we do not have a mailbox we love and a cement slab thats not level and has feet impressions read less
Masonry Contractors in Kinston
- Business Description:We here at Csw concrete specialize in patios.building pads, driveways, sidewalks, curb and gutters and handicap ramps ada and hub standards we also do garages and much much more we are very detail oriented and make sure our customers are satisfied and our prices are great I ha e been in buissness for 13 years love this line of work and take pride in every job we d read lessRecent Review:It was great the guys where great the job was done in a timely mannerGoody g.
- Business Description:At Smooth Finish Concrete we are masters in our craft. We are a Third Generation business that has the experience and dedication to get the job done right. High quality craftsmanship is what we bring to every concrete pouring and finishing project we start. If you want it done right contact us now. We are locally owned and owner operated and treat our customers homes as if they were our own. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals dedicated to your project. Please call us or .. read lessRecent Review:Great job done from Mr.Chapel and his crewDennis S.
- Business Description:Call now at (727) 339-9538! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today read lessRecent Review:Freddie and his crew did an awesome job. They were there when they said they would be. Everything was completed as per my request. They are respectful and show pride in the workmanship of the work they do. I interviewed several companies and FSM was the most reasonable and professional company. Love, love, love their work, pricing and professionalism read lesskelly h.
- Business Description:Specializing in home improvements and repairs from the foundation to the roof and all in between. Free estimates and completely insured . Very friendly , and prompt service and all work is guaranteed ! Whether you have damage or are just ready for a change give us a call ! read lessRecent Review:Craig and his crew repaired our chimney and floor joist. His prices were better than everyone who came out. It didn't take long for them to all they needed to do. I recommend Mitchelle Rose Home Solutions for your construction needs read lessCurtiss C.
- Business Description:At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is.. read lessRecent Review:They are very professional and honest! We had water intrusion into basement from wall during recent heavy rain storm. I contacted Falcone (they were on recommended service provider list of our subdivision) and Sharese got back to me very quickly. Communication was very smooth and professional as she scheduled me for an inspection. The technician Walter was friendly and did a professional inspection, after which he determined that the issue is the gutters dumping water on the ground by the basement. He didn't recommend any work be done in the basement. I truly appreciated his professionalism and honesty. If I ever have issues with the basement, I will call Falcone in a heartbeat! Thank you read lessmari m.
- Business Description:Ram Jack uses state-of-the-art technology to repair damaged foundations, concrete slabs, coastal homes built on pilings and basement walls. We hold patents on many of the products and processes used to deliver the most reliable systems on the market today. Only the highest quality components are utilized, and strict quality control is maintained from start to finish read lessRecent Review:Sales person showed up and immediately said it was a moisture issue under my house. Sold me a dehumidifier and said he would add a Jack in the problem area while taking care of the liner under my house. The dehumidifier does nothing but raise my electric bill. Installation crew was great. Problem is still persisting a year later or close to it. Sales person and installation team came back and said they would add a pier under the house in another problem area in the adjacent living Room. Contacted sales person a few times and contacted office and they are understaffed and claim they can't get to me. I work in the service industry and I understand They are under staffed but as far as I'm concerned I am a customer and have been for close to a year I should have priority. I feel as if I've been forgotten my house continues to sink and the cracks getting bigger and the walls getting worse I hate to leave this review because the installation team was great and the sales person seemed honest but I'm at the end of my rope read lessJamie D.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Small business owner with 5 employees. Estimates given upon job inquiry.
- Business Description:Myself and my associates together can just about anything that needs to be done. As a veteran I proudly serve active duty and prior service. We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards. Discounts available for the disabled, depending on the required services from 5% to 100%. Financing may also be available for your project, financing is considered on a case by case basis read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
Find masonry contractors in
- La Grange
- Deep Run
- Snow Hill
- Cove City
- Pink Hill
- Seven Springs
- Mount Olive
masonry contractors in Kinston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&A construction227 Harvell Rd
Harrells, North Carolina
- A&A construction
- J&J Masonry3629 Shep Rd
Grifton, North Carolina
- J&J Masonry
- Marshen Properties LLC7700 River Rd
Vanceboro, North Carolina
- Masters Home Improvements2117 Southwood Rd.
Kinston, North Carolina
- Matthew Thompson675 NC-172
Hubert, North Carolina
- mcgarry roofing and homeimprovements2160 Dawson Cabin Rd 5
Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Michelle Rose Home Solutions5218 Tugwell Rd
Farmville, North Carolina
- My Handy Mate LLC Improvement & Remodeling15411 N Old 3C Rd
- Marshen Properties LLC
- T&M HANDYMAN SERVICE116 Shadow Brook Ln
New Bern, North Carolina
- T&M HANDYMAN SERVICE
- Yes, I fix that 24hr Handyman1462 Sarecta Rd.
Pink Hill, North Carolina
- Yes, I fix that 24hr Handyman