A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Kernersville, NC
There are 10 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Kernersville
- Quality Service Today PlumbingNothing in my home was draining, so I called quality service today out, they sent out a technician who after further investigation determined that my septic tank was full, he was able to schedule me to get my tank pumped same day, Jeremy came out and did a thorough assessment of my septic system, offered me multiple options on different levels of cleaning and maintenance and has even set me up to have all the buried lines inspected via camera at no extra charge, these guys are the best, same day service by people you enjoy having in your home
- Gann Brothers Septic Tank ServiceVery professional, fair pricing and friendly. Called ahead and arrived at appointment time. Did a very thorough job and went above an beyond to protect my property, driveway and keeping everything clean. Turns out my tank has two chambers with a filter in between. I do not remember my previous provider (who is now out of business) pumping out both sides of tank and cleaning the filter in between. Gann Brothers does it right
- Septics-R-UsOverpriced. Told serviceman that I was charged for 1000 gal tank last time, but he charged me for 1500 tank stating that it used to be that one price was charged (but I did not use them before). I since requested a copy of the septic tank permit from the county, and we do only have a 1000 gal tank. So if he knew what he was doing and was honest, he should have known that I just had a 1000 gal tank. Second, he said I needed a filter. Charged over 400% markup on it when I checked the price of filters online. Finally, they just dug a hole in my yard and it looks like a burial plot. They did not carefully replace grass top and did not offer to put grass seed down for how they dug up the area. Will not recommend them and will not use them again
- Chuck Keene Septic Tank PmpngVery professional and friendly company, we will definitely use them again! Jimmy Keene made some great recommendations on toilet paper and how we can keep the tank from clogging so much for next time!
- Affordable Septic and Grease CleaningHe was professional. The entire crew were very friendly and answered all of my questions (I asked a lot). They emptied both sides of the tank. He even gave me tips on the septic and pipes in the house.
- SPRINKLE SEPTIC TANK COMike and Tom completed the job in one day. They came out at 10 AM, pumped out the bad tank. Then they dug up the bad tank, replaced it with new tank in same spot, leveled it, connected to existing pipes, got it inspected and landscaped the area. These guys were quick thorough and professional. I will be using them in the future to pump my system when needed
- Able Sewer & Drain CleaningAlex was amazing!! He called each time before he came and arrived when he said he would. He was very nice and professional and kept me informed of what was going on every step of the way. The problem with my washer has been going on for 54 years. Numerous problems from different companies have come out but Alex is the first person who knew what to do to and fixed it. He was a perfectionist! He worked quickly and efficiently. I will always call Abel
- Able Sewer & Drain CleaningTim and Shawn were very polite and professional. They quickly found the problem and had it repaired quickly. Kristy, the owner of the company was very nice and accommodating over the phone to schedule our appointment. The men who came specialize in houses with well and septic. I could not have been happier! I would definitely recommend them to everyone
- Able Sewer & Drain CleaningThese guys were very professional and I would recommend them to anyone needing their service. They knew what they were doing and they marked the lines for me for future reference and knowing where they were run.
- Able Sewer & Drain CleaningGreat! Called to confirm day before & morning of friendly. Efficient. Planned follow up. Wanted to make sure everything stayed fixed. 5 stars! Thank you!
Last update on August 2, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Kernersville, NC
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you should hire a septic service pro or a plumber depends on many factors. Here’s how to tell who should fix your septic system backup.
Septic tank risers make it easy to access your septic tank when it’s time for routine inspection, maintenance, and pumping, saving you precious time and labor costs.
Find septic tank services in
- Oak Ridge,
- Belews Creek,
- Winston Salem,
- High Point,
- Walnut Cove,
- Rural Hall,
Septic Tank Contractors in Kernersville, NC
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- EDWARDS & MILLS INC107 S WALNUT CIR
Greensboro, North Carolina 27409
- EDWARDS & MILLS INC
- Gann Brothers Septic Tank Service191 Percy Lane
Mayodan, North Carolina 27027
- Gann Brothers Septic Tank Service
- PLUMBMASTERS PLUMBING & PUMPPO BOX 11773
Winston Salem, North Carolina 27116
- PLUMBMASTERS PLUMBING & PUMP
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup1409 Boulder Ct
Greensboro, North Carolina 27409
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- SPRINKLE SEPTIC TANK CO4900 MURRAY RD
Winston Salem, North Carolina 27106
- SPRINKLE SEPTIC TANK CO
- T W Ammons Septic Service Inc215 Little Creek Rd
Mooresville, North Carolina 28115
- Tedder Construction2024 Pine Bluff St.
Greensboro, North Carolina 27403
- The Plumbing & Air Service Co.717 Green Valley Rd Suite 200-PMB 178
Greensboro, North Carolina 27408
- Twin Springs Hauling & Grading3084 Meadowbrook Rd
Cana, Virginia 24317
- T W Ammons Septic Service Inc
- Ward Bros LLC2757 Wayne White Rd
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina 27313
- Ward Bros LLC
Septic tank companies that service Kernersville
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.