If you want to tear down a building, deconstruction can be a better option than demolition. Deconstruction is environmentally friendly, can help the community, and save your money. Learn how to deconstruct a house step-by-step.
Get matched with top home builders in Owatonna, MN
There are 6 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Owatonna
- John HaabalaJohn and his guys were great. They were trustworthy and did a good job. We were out of state for some of the time and felt good leaving our project in John's hands.
- Tysdal ConstructionI highly recommend Tysdal Construction and JerameTysdal to anyone who is building a new home or have other construction projects. We’re just celebrating the first-year anniversary of our new home and we’re just as thrilled today as we were the day we moved in. We were totally inexperienced in working with a home builder and needed someone who could walk us through the complexities of building a home from start to finish. Jerame was that person. He’s a perfectionist which is what we wanted from someone who was building our house. Secondly, he is honest and has high standards in both his profession and his personal life. To begin the process, we had numerous meetings over a period of many months working with Jerame on the floor plan. My wife and I had different ideas on how the house plan should be laid out, but Jerame had the patience of Jobe and was able to work with us to come up with a design we both liked. Before we signed the contract, we knew exactly what the construction and labor costs were going to be and what the allowances we agreed upon for areas such as lighting and plumbing fixtures. While Jerame has some subcontractors in certain areas that he prefers to work with, he was very flexible in allowing us to be involved, as much or little as we wanted to be, in selecting some of the subcontractors. During the construction, if a subcontractor’s work didn’t meet our expectations Jerame made sure they came back and did it over to our satisfaction. We lived an hour away from the building site, so it wasn’t always convenient to jump in the car and see the day to day progress. However, Jerame would occasionally text us pictures, keeping us informed of their progress. If anything unexpected came up he would always get in touch with us to explain the situation, including our options and the budget implications, and then allowed us to tell him how to proceed. The Tysdal crew and office staff were great to work with. When we would stop by during working hours, Brent would always explain what the crew was working on and what their next project would be. They always made sure at the end of the day to clean up their work areas. Jeanna and Amy were always very helpful and quick to get us the answers to any of our questions. Many things can affect the timing of a house being completed when it’s originally scheduled to be done. In our case, Mother Nature had a lot to do with our house being delayed a bit. For starters, late fall rains prevented the basement from being dug when it was scheduled. During that winter they lost over two weeks of work due to the bitter cold. Jerame has a policy that if the temperature is ten degrees below zero at the start of the workday, they call it off. Something I can certainly appreciate in protecting his crew. One final note. Although my wife and I aren’t golfers our seven-year-old granddaughter decided she wanted to take up golfing. A couple of months ago we took her to a local driving range to practice hitting golf balls and met Jerame who was practicing during his lunch break. We learned he’s an assistant golf coach for the Battle Lake girls’ golf team. He asked if he could give Lainey some pointers and proceeded to take quite a bit of his time to give her a lesson on hitting golf balls with all her clubs. So, ten months after our house was completed my contractor was helping my granddaughter learn how to golf. My kind of contractor read less
- Tysdal ConstructionI engaged Tysdal Construction as the General Contractor on a Commercial Office Building and would do so over and over again. He helped carry the project from design (very interactive program that allowed you to see what the finished product would look like before even breaking ground), to a very complex permitting process involving Government Regulation, to keeping us on time even and on budget. They were awesome at communicating everything during the construction phase to keep us informed. I would contract with Jerame and his crew again if i had the need read less
- Tysdal ConstructionTysdal Construction has been very responsive since day one. They helped us through the variance process since we lived on a lake and had a unique situation to work through with new construction along with the design/ building process. The design process they use allows for customization and wide selection of products to be used based on the budget for your project. The employees and subcontractors were friendly and great to work with as we checked-in throughout the project. I personally liked how they were well connected with local businesses to assist us in the selection of building materials for our new home. The one item that I can't stress enough is the level of detail they put into their homes as they strive for perfection in their work. After our project was done I had company over to enjoy a summer weekend and I received compliments on how well the finishing work was completed from the trim, cabinets, drywall, lighting and beyond. Those compliments came from one person who has built 4 new homes in their lifetime and another was a contractor by trade. That says a lot on the quality of work that they deliver on read less
- Tysdal ConstructionOver the past few years we have engaged Tysdal Construction on a number of projects. We have always found them to operate with the highest level of integrity, making sure the projects were completed in a quality fashion, within the time frame and budget agreed to. The largest project we engaged them to do was the design and construction of our year-round lake cabin. The design process used by Jerame included frequent engagement on our part, resulting in the end product is meeting all of our needs perfectly. As important, this project was completed in a quality fashion, in the agreed upon time frame and with-in budget read less
- Tysdal ConstructionTysdal did a great job. Very professional, kind, and timely. They went over the top to get the work done. All employees were professional, courteous and kind. Thank you Tysdal Construction for doing a great job. Some of the work they did required some real configuring and ingenuity because of the way one of the walls was situated. It turned out beautiful!! read less
- Sisu Builders LLCSISU Builders responded quickly to our request by visiting our home and providing a written quote within a couple days. SISU Builders showed up to do the work when they said they would and worked long hours to make sure our home was sealed to the elements. They did quality work, cleaned up the site and best of all, the final bill came in under the estimate. We would hire SISU Builders again read less
- Kevin A. Yeager Studio of DesignKevin handled every step of our project from concept drawings to finish. He did the plans and worked with us to choose a builder through bids and an assessment of their capabilities. He managed the project flawlessly even though we were in California for 4 months during construction. Kevin is extremely creative, a masterful communicator and fun to work with. He is always available for questions even years after the project. We would do it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him read less
- Residential Building ContractorAfter Patty at Billman Home Center 5010 Miller Trunk Hwy.Duluth, MN 55811 218-729-8232 did the measurements and drew the schematics, Gary started the demo and measured for the counters and cabinets which he had fabricated by an outside contractor to my wife?s desires. He did an excellent job.
- Powerbuilt Construction IncEverything went smoothly. Bob is an excellent builder. We wanted a well built home with many quality features and that is exactly what we got. He hired equally professional subs and supervised them closely. He worked with us to get all the details just right. New friends step into our home today and are to a person impressed by the quality of workmanship and by the beauty of our home. Two years after building our home we hired Bob to build us a large story and a half garage. It is just as well built and just as impressive. I would definitely hire Bob again read less
House Builders in Owatonna
- Business Description:Wm Bardwell Homes has been serving southeast Minnesota residents since 1970. Quality construction comes from extensive experience, well trained craftsmen, on-site project management and attention to detail.Recent Review:My only complaint was that they didn't wear masks.Richard J.
- Business Description:We are more than just windows...we are the Affordable Way!! Call for a free in-home estimate at (320) 217-5251 or e-mail us at email@example.comRecent Review:Jeremy and Jessica sold us the windows and installed them for us themselves. We could tell by his attention to detail that Jeremy has had a lot of experience in window installation. We observed every step of the installation process, and he explained to us exactly what he was doing and why. They stand by the quality of their work and encouraged us to contact them right away if we had any questions or concerns. We will definitely hire this local Minnesota business again if we choose to install more new windows in our home read lessEric S.
- Business Description:Expert Building Services provides free estimates for remodeling homes and buildings in the Itasca County area. John Schirber returns calls promptly and sets up house calls at the convenience of our customers. Once we discover the priorities, we collaborate with the owner to complete their wish list. We specialize in handicapped accessible homes. Are you looking for a bathroom or kitchen remodel? Maybe you need a new roof, siding or windows? John and Linda strive to give 110% to every customer.. read lessRecent Review:This is the second job, John, Daryll, and company have done for us. I like the way they respect our home and take extra steps to keep the job as clean and neat as possible. They have skills that make them perfect for remodel jobs on older homes as well as newer homes. They provide the best "bang for the buck" if you wish to hire pros. And since I myself do not possess the necessary talents to do such fine work, I'm glad they're nearby read lessDANIEL D.
- Business Description:Affordable Custom Homes Custom Drafting & Design ServicesRecent Review:The house turned out great! We’re very happy with our new home.Nicholas G.
- Business Description:We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated construction company. Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLC is a licensed general contractor in MN, that specializes in home remodeling, additions, garages and post frame buildings. With well over 30+ years in the trades, we have the experience and know how to complete all of your projects read lessRecent Review:Fantastic work...Shane, Mike and crew were great to work with and would definitely hire again. Fairly priced and completed on time!Greg G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:We are a licensed, and insured home improvement contractor. We specialize in energy efficiency and long warranty materials. We provide home improvement loans for all our products with low apr and same as cash options. Buy today pay later. We are also leadsafe certified read less
- Business Description:Designer and Manufacturer of custom and pre-engineered Red-Iron Steel Frame Homes & Components. Our steel home kits with bolt-together red-iron framing assure your family the strongest, safest, and healthiest choice in new home building today! A Kodiak home is engineered to withstand the average tornado, hurricane, wildfire, earthquake, and with steel, there is no wood for termites to eat or rot. Using steel also provides for a very healthy home with minimizing organic material for mold to gr.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Need a little help learning how to price construction jobs? If you’re a general contractor looking for some guidance on how to win the bidding process and make more profit per job, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for more.
Generating new leads is vital to the success of any contractor business. Whether you’re an electrician or plumber, new leads don’t have to be hard to come by. Learn how to grow your business in this guide for general contractors.
Find home builders in
- Blooming Prairie
- Dodge Center
- New Richland
- West Concord
- Clarks Grove
home builders in Owatonna
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Aarow Asphalt paving4141 Maine ave se
- ACB Construction1841 Ridgewood Dr NW
- AE Computer Drafting & Design LLC1812 43rd St NW
- Affordable Windows, LLC915 2nd St N
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
- ALLTECH ENGINEERING CORP2515 PILOT KNOB RD
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Anderson Carpentry & Construction301 1st St N
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- APEX BUILDING CONSTRUCTION INC17200 247 Ave
- Aarow Asphalt paving
- BLUE OX TIMBER FRAMES4941 County Rd 82 SE
- Bob Taylor Construction Corp8323 NW 73rd Ave
- BoeKett Building Supply Inc.709 North State Street
- Boondox Builders201 3rd St Nw Suite 201
- Brekke Homes and Construction702 Simplicity Dr. #A
- Brian Hullopeter Construction LLC1203 Spartan Avenue
Albert Lea, Minnesota
- Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLC1002 Parkview Ave NW
- Build it Right40496 613th Ave
- Bushard Construction LLC377 County Road 4 SE
- BLUE OX TIMBER FRAMES
- Dan Richter Construction LLC90 Reserve Dr
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- DEG Construction LLC205 Oak St
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Diamond construction & Remodeling LLC1206 10th St SW
- DOTTY BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION4593 MOREHOUSE DR
Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dan Richter Construction LLC
- Edmunds & Company Log Home Restorations76050 Mckinley Rd
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Expert Building Services3106 E Us Highway 169
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Edmunds & Company Log Home Restorations
- INTINTSITY WINDOW TINTING14888 COUNTY ROAD 109
- INTINTSITY WINDOW TINTING
- Little Alaska Cabin Company, Inc30347 Julliard St NE
North Branch, Minnesota
- Little Alaska Cabin Company, Inc
- Marcus Building Movers13900 120th Ave SW
- Mastin & Mueller Remodeling601 Linda Drive
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
- Mc Lain Auto Center201 Hwy 91
- Modern Living Concepts Custom Homes25372 110th Street
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Mosaic Contracting Unlimited LLC6101 Norris Lake Rd
- Marcus Building Movers
- RAVEN BUILDERS12049 CANNON CITY BLVD
- residenz solutions llc1344 rice lake st.
- Riverside Construction LLC912 Fremont Ave
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- RL HEINZ CONSTRUCTION & CONCRETE INC311 N Oak St.
- ROCKCREEK LOG HOMES6421 560TH ST
Pine City, Minnesota
- Ryan Headlee Construction LLC1418 56th St SW
Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
- RAVEN BUILDERS
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance12350 Holly St NW
- square one contracting and repair, llc126 4th st ne
Blooming Prairie, Minnesota
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- STROMBERG CONSTRUCTION LLC41372 LITTLE CLARA DR
DEER RIVER, Minnesota
- SUPER DUTY CONSTRUCTION34616 410TH ST SE
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance
- William Bardwell Co LLC618 2nd Ave NE
- William Bardwell Co LLC