If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Mattawan, MI
There are 5 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Mattawan
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLCThey came when they said they would. They completed the job. They're very knowledgeable. They worked straight through to get the job done. I don't really have any issue with them.
- M C PaintingThey have done an exceptional job. Very reliable and the owner is always on location. I would highly recommend them and I would hire them again.
- ROOFS & MOREI have a very steep roof and Jake was able to rent a lift to make sure everyone was safe when performing the work. It took extra effort to perform this job & I had another brick repairman look at my problem and then stop returning my phone calls. I appreciate that Jake was able to get this done affordably and professionally. Vicki VanDenBer
- ROOFS & MOREIt went great! These guys really can do it all and do it all well. Jake came out and gave the quote and was very open to discussing our questions and concerns and patient as we chose shingle colors. The great things was I had several jobs that needed to be done that were all related. Other companies would only do part of the work and I would have to play foreman working with the different companies to schedule and get it all done. Jake had experience with all of it and the overall quote was very attractive versus adding up what all the other guys would cost (plus the hassle of dealing with multiple people). Jake's son Dan and one other workman (forget his name..good guy) did most of the day to day work. They really took care to do it well and I often saw them just looking at the work and talking it over to make sure it all looked right. They took a lot of pride in it and did a good job cleaning up the job site (tearing off a roof is a mess!). Our landscaping around the house came through great which was greatly appreciated. They worked super hard and were super friendly (even though the days were really hot). Definitely recommend these folks
- ROOFS & MOREJake was very responsive to my emails and was able to schedule this the same week since it was a small roof. He called on the weekend to let me know when they would begin work on Monday - much appreciated since I'm a landlord and could let my tenants know. The crew was there on time, even a little early and had the roof complete by around 4PM with only part of the flashing to complete since they ran out of caulk. He was back in the next couple of days to complete the flashing. Cleanup was thorough on the ground level and didn't leave any trace. They did leave quite a bit of masonry sawdust on the roof, which I guess they figured would be washed away by the rain. All in all, I'm very happy with the work, the timeframe and the price
- ROOFS & MOREThis is a small business consisting of four very professional craftsmen. From the estimate to the final cleanup, they conducted themselves in a pleasant, professional, considerate manner. Unlike other contractors I've worked with, they cleaned up their mess everyday, they used wholesome language around my family, they didn't leave cigarette butts everywhere, they even kept their radio down to a pleasant level so that we were able to use the yard when they worked. The crew is very approachable and capable of making competent decisions without having to stop and get the OK from the boss. I trust them around my children and home. The project hit a bump when they began working around the chimney and discovered water damage to the framing of the chimney. The original builder had installed the lathe behind the cultured stone incorrectly causing cracks to form down each corner (the lathe should be wrapped around the chimney - not cut into four individual side sections). Additionally the cultured stone cracked and allowed water to penetrate behind it into the substructure. Work on the roof stopped as we figured out our options. I didn't really have the money saved to fix the chimney and could have let them keep working on the roof and dealt with the chimney a year later. The problem with that was that the chimney was in pretty bad shape and the roofing was already stripped off around it and now was the perfect time to complete the work. Given that the chimney was only adding twenty percent to the entire project, Jake worked with me on making payments for that portion of the job. My other option would have been to get a small loan, but Jake was willing to work with me instead, which was very nice. I would ask Jake to choose another mason for subcontracting this work if I had to do it all over again. He only worked a few hours a day and turned a three day job into a two week endeavor. After the chimney was completed, the work proceeded quickly. The guys were very apologetic that the work didn't proceed faster but it really was just one of those things. The spring weather was very wet, the chimney slowed us down. People need to expect that projects will not always go perfectly. I was very happy that they kept me informed all along the way. I would definitely use them again on any construction project
- ROOFS & MOREWe decided it was time to replace our roof and gutters so we did lots of searching and had 6 different contractors come to our home to quote the job. Of all six, Jake, the owner of the Mom & Pop business Roofs & More, was the only contractor to actually get up on the roof to assess its condition. After spending around 20 minutes on the roof, he told us, unlike any of the other contractors who only spent a few minutes getting measurements from the ground, that aside from our deteriorating shingles, our chimney was crumbling and was allowing water to get into our attic. He was also able to tell by walking around that some of the roof decking needed to be replaced. I have a feeling that other contractors who didn't do such a hands-on assessment would have surprised us with added costs after the initial quote was made. After the roof inspection, Jake sat down with us and gave us a detailed quote of all proposed services. He came in with a great quote presumably because it is a small business with lower overhead than his competitors. The $500 Angie's list discount didn't hurt either. It took about 5 days to finish all work quoted. Jake's son Dan was the roofing foreman and would arrive promptly at 7:30am to get things going. Jake himself replaced and repaired the chimney. During the entire process I was able to get on the roof to talk with the crew and view the progress. All the guys were very friendly and cleaned up the job site spotless every day. Overall a great experience. We have an entry door to be replaced and we will definitely keep Roofs & More in mind for that job
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLCBryan and his crew were at my house at 6:30 or 7:00 am every day they worked at my house. The crew worked together very well, like a fine oiled machine. It was obvious to me that they all knew what they were doing and what their individual rolls were in the process. Bryan and crew were polite and professional at all times. The job took about five days to complete because they had to work around some rain one day. I am very pleased with the results and glad I selected Quality Concrete and Masonry to do this job
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLCQuality Concrete & Masonry workmanship and customer focus are EXCELLENT. Bryan Halder has great communication skills. He will return your phone calls promptly and will take the time to answer all your questions. He was very accommodating when I made "last minute" changes to the proposal. His crew members are very friendly, skilled in concrete flat work, and extremely hardworking. They went the "extra mile" for me by helping me with the landscaping around the new patio and sidewalks. He sent his dump truck to Mulders Landscaping Supply to pickup 10 yards of top soil. His Bobcat guy was amazing and he leveled the top soil around the patio and sidewalks. This was not in the proposal and Bryan did not charge me for the additional work his crew did for me. Most importantly, the top finish on the concrete patio and sidewalks were awesome - you could tell by the finished product that Bryan has many years of experience in pouring and finishing concrete. I strongly recommend Bryan and his crew for any concrete work you may need - two thumbs up
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLCI am really pleased with them. The problem was that I needed masonry plus some kind of cleaning work to be done at the same time. They were the only ones who did that which is why I went with them. They repaired some stone walls that we have. They tried to retain all these and used rollers and stones. The walls are probably about 40 years old I think. They were cracking and some were worn-out on the top. Quality Concrete & Masonry did a wonderful job. They put a wire mesh on top of that and they poured concrete on it. They repaired all the cracks and did a beautiful job. They also did small cleaning jobs on a block and on a 20 feet wall. They were on time; they were professional and were nice guys. They did a professional job and also did a beautiful clean up. They did take a while to take care of the old retaining wall and the smell was still there. They were worth it and I didn't have any problem with them. I didn't compare their prices with others and it's hard to know; I think they were pretty reasonable. We had to call them back once and it took some time for them to come out. I would use them again in the future
Masonry Contractors in Mattawan
- Business Description:Licensed and insured Concrete provider of all flat work and decorative stamping. We have the experience and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:Just perfect. Excellent work and very reasonable on pricing! Details they were all about the details! Very fortunate to have found this highly recommended business for concrete.Jeremy K.
- Business Description:Building and maintenence of all types!Recent Review:I left a message last week, tried again today and found that the number doesn't exist! Lack of communication seems to be a pattern, or problem with them, or perhaps they're out of business! Sorry to experience this, as I was impressed with the range of work they said that they would do, and the positive reviews of work done..Linnea H.
- Business Description:30 employees. Uses some subs for digging, everybody else is an employee of WMGB Inc. Cost is determined by the job. Financing is Available, Travel charges may apply. No service fee. May contact through e-mail. Additional phone numbers -Lansing area (517) 371-7023,Kalamazoo area (269) 385-5930, Muskegon area (231) 755-0826 and 800-766-0500 everywhere else. Additional contact name Julie CowaRecent Review:Overall I am very pleased with the work performed by W.M.G.B! The price was very fair and the installer was on time and quick to finish the job. The only thing preventing me from giving excellent marks all around was that the installer misunderstood our project request and switched a couple vented windows but the quality of the work and the care he took to complete it were well above average so I am not worried about itBethany W.
- Business Description:Professional Handyman Services. I can take care of the small problems around your house, doors that don't open or close properly, windows that won;t open, etc. I can also handle larger projects like full basement finishing, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, roofing, room addition, deck building. Michigan Residential Builders License #210120212
- Business Description:Welcome to MC Painting! We've been providing premium painting and carpentry services to Greater Kalamazoo and West Michigan since 1998. We are insured, giving our customers added security with our services. Our clients include major commercial companies, small businesses, as well as, residential customers. Give us a call! We provide same-day services and are happy to come give estimates immediately. Thanks for visiting our site and we look forward to working with youRecent Review:The work was done poorly. The actual painters did a horrible job . The owner didn't provide equipment or paint to the workers. The ceiling looks horrible. They painted over the drywall which was done poorly. The colors don't match and the drywall is still cracked. They didn't tape at all so there is paint everywhere( doors, windows, light switches)Tara M.
- Business Description:Your home is your most important asset you have, so when you're ready to call a contractor to address your concrete or masonry needs, get yourself the best Concrete and Masonry Contractor in the business! We are a Christian owned business which has served the Kalamazoo, Portage, Richland and Battle Creek areas for over 15 yearsRecent Review:Bryan and his crew at Quality Concrete & Masonry are top notch! They do great work and are very affordable. The crew was also efficient, as they had to demolish our existing patios and concrete flower bed. The best part, besides their great work, was the cleanup! They left everything as they found it. Quality Concrete is the bestDennis K.
- Business Description:Foundation Specialist is a full service basement waterproofing and structure repair company serving all of the western half of Michigan. Foundation Specialist has experienced foundation inspectors. All foundation inspectors have installation experience in new construction concrete and retro fit foundation repair. Foundation Specialist, LLC will treat you and your home with respect as customer service is our number one goal and the key to our continued success. Give us a call and we'll send ou..Recent Review:We paid them almost $13,000 to "waterproof" and our basement flooded in a storm. 6 inches of water throughout, more than we ever had before they did any work. They said their system is not designed to deal with surface water caused by hard rains and that we should have asked for them to install window well drains, although they are supposedly the "experts" and never mentioned anything about this or any other potential future problems. They didn't offer to help with the cleanup or do anything to fix the problem other than to charge us more money to do what should have been done initially. When confronted with the problem, they were rude, unhelpful, and did nothing but say it wasn't their fault. Use someone elseTracy H.
- Business Description:WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. ADDITIONAL PHO # (269)649-1822.Recent Review:I am surprised this company has an A rating from Angie’s List, as I tried to contact them multiple times (at least 3), leaving a message each time and never heard back from them. On paper their expertise appeared to be exactly what we need, but they would not even return a call to tell me they could not help me (for whatever reason). The last message I left was to tell them I would be forced to leave a negative review, which is something I never do, preferring to work with the contractor to correct any problems. And still they did not return my call. I like to give the benefit of the doubt but since I rely on reviews, I thought I needed to share my experience for othersCaroline C.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Hi, I am Jared and I run the Basement Waterproofing division. We run one crew of 3 to 4 people. This enables us to keep our overhead low and pass on the savings to our customers. I have 15 years of experience and personally been in over 2,500 homes. I know what works and what does not. That is why here at A&M we adapt to build the best Waterproofing System for you and your family. A&M carries Lifetime-Transferable warranties. I have a partner and his name is Mike. Mike is head of our exterior..Recent Review:Not well. While setting up the appointment, the representative asked if I work days or nights. No problem. Then asked if my husband works days or nights. First, this question presumes I am married. Second, the question presumes I am married to a man. It's 2021. I could be a single homeowner. I could be cohabitating. I could be married to a woman. When I responded with "I have a wife," the representative seemed slightly taken aback. Again, it's 2021. Inclusivity is where it's at if you want thousands of my dollars. This was probably a sure sale, since I could get so many of the things I need done through ONE company, if not for that one question. I would rather be inconvenienced than insulted. For future reference: "Are there any other adults in the home and do they work days or nights?" is an easy way to ask this question and would be inclusive of people who have parents, adult children, significant others, spouses, or extended family living with themKim M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
Find masonry contractors in
- Paw Paw
- Grand Junction
- Three Rivers
masonry contractors in Mattawan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- UBuildit LLC8992 D AVE E
- UBuildit LLC
- Clines Construction Group179 Lincolnwood Dr
Battle Creek, Michigan
- Clines Construction Group
- Diamond Masonry630 Arthur Ave
- Diamond Masonry
- Foundation Specialist LLC1518 Steele Ave SW
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Foundation Specialist LLC
- GLASS WOOD & STONE5269 FORDHAM AVE
- GLASS WOOD & STONE
- Jim Gardner2255 Territorial Rd
Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Jim Gardner
- K & T Masonry4683 Sheffield Rd
Hickory Corners, Michigan
- K & T Masonry
- Ostlund A Service Co105 East Main St
- Ostlund A Service Co
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLC1525 Goguac St W
Battle Creek, Michigan
- Quality Concrete & Masonry LLC
- Versatile Construction Llc5567 E R Ave
- Versatile Construction Llc
- W.M.G.B. Inc2131 Martindale Ave SW
- W.M.G.B. Inc