Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Old Orchard Beach, ME
There are 8 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Old Orchard Beach
- Marshall's Modern HomesThis was a great project. They walked me through everything so I could make good choices, hired amazing specialists (electrician plumber etc) and the estimate was so detailed I never had to wonder. When unexpected things came up (some previously unknown rot and damage) I was shown everything and it was fixed properly not just hidden or patched over
- BC HandymanGreat! Brian and co-worker came fully prepared to repair the roof leak around the chimney. While Brian did that I asked about removing the rotten deck board with screws I couldn't get out because of stripped heads. Turns out more muscle power and and a more powerful drill got the job done! I already had the replacement board so that was in place in a few more minutes. They also did a quick fix to a rotten trim board so it wouldn't get ripped off in case of an ice dam this winter. All in less than an hour including cleanup, disposal of the deck board/nails and an estimate on a future project. Very happy
- BC HandymanWork was top notch. BC is a perfectionist. Pulled out our old, beaten up brick patio, remodeled it by replacing bricks and adding some granite steps, among other things. Received many compliments. BC had previously done roofing work for us- likewise top notch. Fair price, Hard worker, excellent outcome. Highly recommend his work
- JEO MASONRY & TILEJoao did a great job.. A previous repairs did not make it through the winter. This lasted and looks great!
- Marshall's Modern HomesWe were very pleased with Ray Marshall's work from start to finish. He came in with acceptable numbers on the quote, but what we really appreciated was the detail with which he broke everything down so we could see exactly how we were spending our money. He and his crew worked steadily, and we could see considerable progress on a daily basis. He has high standards for the quality of his work and won't settle for something he isn't satisfied with, even if it means redoing something or sending back materials that he aren't of the quality that he expected. He also kept the job site clean, picking up trash and other debris as he worked. Finally, Ray was easy to work with and kept in regular communication with us throughout the project. The final result was a new space for our home that is well built and looks great. We definitely feel that we made the right choice by hiring Marshall's Modern Homes
- Cavaliere ContractingThey did a wonderful job. They were on time, courteous, they did exactly what they said they were going to do and they did it well. I would use them again if I had to do it, if I had any other concrete work and I would recommend them to other people.
- Concrete PrescriptionsOverall the job went well. It took two men about 4 hours from start to finish. Good cleanup afterward. Had to let the concrete set for 24 hours before driving on the floor and let the walls set 5 days before cutting off plastic filler tubes.
- Concrete PrescriptionsDave came for an estimate and assessment of our issues. We needed to call when he did not arrive on time for the estimate, but then was at our house within a few minutes of the phone call. We were impressed with his knowledge and manner (not a pushy sales person) and his prescription for our issue. After discussing his assessment with others, and believing we had a very fair price and a good solution, we hired him. He arrived for the work on time with a helper. He was very hands on with the helper, supervising constantly, teaching and watching. The job was done in a morning and was done in an excellent manner. We were very happy with the end product and it has now been about 12 weeks and the gutter appears to be doing the job intended
- Km Tottle Construction IncWe got multiple bids for our project. Kerry, the owner spent a lot of time at the project before we even gave him the job. He clearly had decades of knowledge working in a variety of soil types and was able to save us thousands of dollars by recommending we put our leach field in another location. The consultant we hired placed the site for the leach field in an area Kerry felt wouldn't drain well. We decided to follow his advice and pay an additional $400 for another site analysis. Good thing we did...the original spot turned into a small pond after the first hard rain. Had we put the leach field in the original spot we'd have lost thousands. Kerry also personally applied the waterproofing on the foundation to ensure it was done correctly. Kerry did a fantastic job. After 18 months, our basement is bone dry and looks great. The gravel driveway has no ruts and is like driving on steel. The material he choose has held up much better than the gravel road we live on. We highly recommend KM Tottle and we'll be using him again when it comes time to build our garage
- Km Tottle Construction IncVery professional, personable and knowledged about lake front property as well as excavation, and construction. Had a very positive experience with this company. Would highly recommend this company for any work that someone needed done on their property, be it their home or a seasonal place. Would not hesitate in referencing this company
Concrete Repair Contractors in Old Orchard Beach
- Business Description:Raymond Marshall of Marshall's Modern Homes is a general contractor who has been in business for 20 years. Marshall's Modern Homes prides itself on not having to sub-contract much of our work out so that the work is completed in a timely fashion with less scheduling conflicts and enhanced quality of work. We can clear your lot, do the foundation work, frame and finish your new home; or we can remodel your existing home by adding on to it. We can fix that leaking roof and repair the siding too..Recent Review:This was a great project. They walked me through everything so I could make good choices, hired amazing specialists (electrician plumber etc) and the estimate was so detailed I never had to wonder. When unexpected things came up (some previously unknown rot and damage) I was shown everything and it was fixed properly not just hidden or patched over.tricia t.
- Business Description:.....we only do sealcoating. !!and not paving!!.....I have been in the asphalt seal coating business for over 28 years. I do both Residential and Commercial jobs, big or small. I am fully licensed and insured. My son, Chris Jr, has joined me in my business and is a great asset to me in my work.Recent Review:It didn't! I emailed the vendor from their webpage because it was the weekend and outlined the work to be completed and gave them my contact information but they have failed to respond in any way, shape or form to date. I have NOT received any kind of response from them!Brian J.
- Business Description:At BC Handyman we solve problems. Anything from roof repair to the pile of junk you need brought to the dump. Every time you hire BC Handyman the owner will be on the job site.Recent Review:Great! Brian and co-worker came fully prepared to repair the roof leak around the chimney. While Brian did that I asked about removing the rotten deck board with screws I couldn't get out because of stripped heads. Turns out more muscle power and and a more powerful drill got the job done! I already had the replacement board so that was in place in a few more minutes. They also did a quick fix to a rotten trim board so it wouldn't get ripped off in case of an ice dam this winter. All in less than an hour including cleanup, disposal of the deck board/nails and an estimate on a future project. Very happyTracey A.
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:We offer free onsite assessments of masonry structures/ flashing details/ leak remediation/ scaffold and access requirements/ color matching of mortar and composition matching of mortar. Specializing in Lime mortars and National Park Service repair standards. Large and small projects equally attended to
- Business Description:We are a family owned business in operation since 2000. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and outstanding customer service. Our company was founded on the ability to provide all aspects of property maintenance through the use of one company rather than multiple contractors. Award winningRecent Review:Ok.....the lawn was mowed when it was wet and instead of a clean cut, the grass was all matted. The leaves were removed, but the cutting back and cleaning up of beds was messy. The crew came on a cloudy day in the afternoon and were working into the dark. I think that they were rushed and didn't pick up some of the leaves matted down in the beds on the property line. When I checked in with them, they came right over and were very responsive and polite. When asked if I would hire them again, I think that i would would a bit more guidance around the quality of the finished jobAnna c.
- Business Description:Hazelwood Handyman is a full service handyman, remodeling and property management company. We will do anything from changing a lightbulb to large additions and remodels.Recent Review:Hazelwood Handyman was amazing. They were on time, did a great job and came in at the estimated price. One thin guy moved a frig that weighs at least 800 pds- it took 4 movers to put it in place when installed. I was amazed! Highly recommendedCharles M.
- Business Description:Welcome to Mr. Handyman, where professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. That's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Mr Handyman technicians are insured, background checked and full-time employeesRecent Review:It went very well! I've already rehired them to come do more work for my home.Cornelius B.
- Business Description:Black Bear Landscaping performs a wide range of projects. Included are outdoor hardscapes to total project designs that encompass patio, irrigation, lawn installation, flower bed designs, driveway and fencing. Black Bear Landscaping offers all landscaping services at competitive rates. Employees range from 3 to 10 and we occasionally use subcontractors when necessary. Larger contracts pricing allows for 1/3rd down, 1/3rd mid project and the final 1/3 at project completionRecent Review:It went terribly. The owner promised his company was better than the others in the area because he uses 4-5 inches of topsoil, where his competitors use 2 inches. He talked up the seed that he uses, and that after installation in June of 2020, he would be back in the fall to weed and feed (which they did), and after all the trouble we had, said he would return in the spring of 2021 to fix it. That did not happen. What we got was 2 inches of topsoil,barely enough to cover some stumps we had ground, weeds, lots of weeds, more weeds than grass, then came the crabgrass which choked out any seed he put down. He did not come back this spring, so now our front yard is weeds, clover, some grass, crabgrass, and no grass growing where the three stumps were. And he tried to charge us for extra topsoil! I would never recommend Black Bear LandscapingChris H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Find concrete contractors in
- South Portland
- Cape Elizabeth
- Peaks Island
- Hollis Center
- North Waterboro
- Steep Falls
concrete contractors in Old Orchard Beach
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- C&F Masonry8 pearl st
- CJ ServicesPO Box 142
- Concrete ConceptsP.O. Box 865
- Concrete Prescriptions7 Susan Rd
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- CONSTRUCTION CONNECTION17 Chestnut St 1
- Corporate Construction66 High St
- Crack-X800 Turnpike St Ste 300
North Andover, Massachusetts
- CVS Foundations2 Neptune Rd
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- C&F Masonry
- Darling and Sons ConstructionPO Box 1301
- Darling and Sons Construction
- MACDONALD EXCAVATION169 PORTLAND AVE
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Maine Coast Masonry9 Michaud Ave
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Maine Handyman12 mitchell ln
- Marshall's Modern Homes21 Marshall Valley Rd
- MASONRY PRESERVATION ASSOCIATES21 RICE ST SUITE 3
- Matthew J Bouton50 Roberts St
- MCCOY MASONRY120 Hiram RD.
Mooresville, North Carolina
- MORSE BUILDERS218 Washington Ave
- MR HANDYMAN2 MAIN ST STE 301
- Mr. Handyman of Greater Portland190 Riverside St
- MACDONALD EXCAVATION
- Outside the Box Construction of Maine LLC23 Motley street
- Outside the Box Construction of Maine LLC
- WH ShurtleffOne Runway Road Suite 8
South Portland, Maine
- WH Shurtleff