GREAT SCAPES BY E S I INC

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2005

MOST SERVICES ARE COMPLETED BY IN HOUSE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS, VERY FEW SUB-CONTRACTORS. 20 EMPLOYEES, PAYMENTS ON A WEEKLY DRAW SCHEDULE, COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB/PER SQUARE FOOT. SPECIAL PRICING FOR OVER 1000 SQ FT. MILITARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FIRE FIGHTER DISCOUNTS...

Ballard Enterprises - Lawn, Landscaping, Tree Services

We are a full service Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Tree Service. If it's in your yard, our professional staff of qualified and certified technicians are here to help. We offer a full range of services, including: - Lawn Maintenance - Patios and Walkways - Fire Pits and Water Features - Outdoor Kitchens and Pool Surrounds - Paver Driveways - Tree Removal - Tree Pruning - Stump Grinding - Tree health and Risk Assessment - All other facets of Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Tree Services

Baumann's Lawn & Landscape

Additional contact: Matt Baumann, mattbaumann1@aol.com. Rick baumann, rbaumannjr@yahoo.com Currently not accepting jobs under $5,000 due to high demand. Check back for updates!

AC Paving Company

If you are looking for a professional asphalt paving contractor with a reputation for quality work at competitive prices, then look no further than AC Paving Company. For three generations, we have done all types of residential and commercial paving. We are a family owned and operated company of paving specialists who know how to get the job done right the first time. Our company always uses top quality materials. Mr. Asia Cooper, owner of AC Paving, supervises all work, ensuring your job is done in a timely manner and the quality exceeds all of your expectations. You will be amazed by the results because we are committed to quality and hard work. We're known throughout the Anne Arundel County area for our efficiency and professionalism. Additional service area: Montgomery, Prince Georges, Prince William, Saint Marys Counties, District of Columbia, portions of Baltimore, Carroll, Harford

Offers by AC Paving Company on Angi

03/23/2017

Great craftsmanship. Rick, the owner of Great Scapes, was easily reachable throughout the project and addressed all of our concerns. He truly exceeded our expectations for service and ensured we were 100% satisfied.

Description of Work
12'x20' paver patio with sitting wall, bubbling rock water feature, LED lighting, regrading, flagstone steps, and 6 tons of river jack.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

05/26/2016

Their crews worked hard to get everything beautiful, and beautiful it is, and now the paver patio is where we seem to spend most of our time, and usually with a fire. W love the work, and we love the professionalism of the company. Great job, Great Scapes!

Description of Work
After building our sun room, we wanted an outdoor space to grill and generally hang out. After speaking with several companies, we decided to go with Great Scapes, and boy, did we make a great decision!

Category masonry,fireplaces,hardscaping,patios

04/09/2015

Very expensive. Higher than anybody that came to give an estimate.

Description of Work
Came out to give an estimate for an 8 x 10 brick patio. Wanted to charge $4600.

Category patios

04/07/2015

I talked to them about a month ago, had a conversation with someone. Said that someone will come out to give a estimate never came out and did the work. Also about 2 weeks ago they called me and said someone will come out but the same thing happened, not very happy with this company.

Description of Work
Wanted to hire them for landscaping

Category landscaping

12/06/2014

eThe short version: The job was fairly priced. The work was completed on time, at the bid price with no surprises. The contractor was always available, including giving me his cell phone number and the cell numbers of two of his lead workers. Workmanship was excellent and the final product has been complemented by several neighbors. Rick was open to suggestions, had good solutions for every problem and is generally completely trustworthy. It was hard to find a contractor willing and able to do this job. Several contractors visited the site and then declined to bid on the job or simply never called back. After several months interviewing contractors one decided the job was too difficult and recommended calling Rick Heilburg at Great Scapes by ESI Inc. This turned out to be a great tip. Rick impressed me with his clear competence at our first meeting. We met at the property to discuss the project. Rick clearly grasped the difficulty of the job and eased my concerns by describing his experience with large retaining walls and how he would shelter the site from rain to avoid disaster. Rick is a good listener. After discussion he agreed to price an option to extend the retaining wall by adding a 10' radius 1/4 circle where the existing wall had a 90 degree return. He also agreed to price out an option to have his crew sort through the existing stone and deliver all the good stone I wanted to my back yard. In short order Rick drew up a plan to scale and a fixed price contract for removal and replacement of the existing wall with options for adding the curve and delivering any good stone to my residence including his crew moving the stone into my back yard by wheelbarrow and placing it wherever I wanted. The options were well priced, $200 per load to salvage and deliver any good stone I elected to take, $2800 to add the curve to the wall, $880 for a drainage box at the top and 90' of drain pipe I requested and $1,780 for engineering and permit fees. Rick only asked for the engineering and permit fees as a down payment. He estimated the job would take 6 weeks to complete after the permit was issued and proposed payment at $6000 each week with the balance due. He also said he would start as soon as he got the permit. Indeed Rick got the permit on a Wednesday and I met him at the site on Thursday. His crew spent that day building a fence around the work site (to protect neighborhood children) and preparing for rain protection. The job came of flawlessly, I now have about 13 tons of good stone in my back yard. The job was finished in the 6 weeks Rick estimated and looks to be there forever. Rick exceeded my expectations in every way.

Description of Work
The work was done at a rental home I own in Silver Spring MD, not at my residence. Great Scapes by ESI Inc. replaced a 70' long dry stone retaining wall built in 1958 that rose from 3' near the street to almost 7' high across the side of the house and turned 90 degrees holding a steep grade in the back yard. The wall was deteriorated, partially collapsed and further collapse threatened my house and my neighbor's property.

Category hardscaping

Rick said it was a pleasure working with both of you and hopes to work with you again in the future! Happy holidays.

11/19/2014

It was a real pleasure to work with great Scapes. Very professional and helpful. They were also very patient as we worked through several design iterations before choosing a final design. The paver installation took 6 working days. The installers did a beautiful job, were friendly and courteous, and cleaned up all debris. Also had more gravel put down over the existing driveway area. Again, a beautiful job.

Description of Work
Designed parking area , walkways, and garden, and installed pavers.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you so much [member name removed] for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you and we hope to work with you again sometime in the future. Carol

08/21/2014

It took a while - maybe 10 days - but they were very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Replaced the driveway and the front walkway to the front door and front patio with pavers. Replaced the rear patio with pavers creating a free form stone wall and waterfall. Beautifully done.

Category concrete driveways,landscaping,masonry,driveway pavers,hardscaping,patios

We're so glad you're happy, thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate it.

07/25/2014

It was perfect. They gave me ideas I had not even thought of. They did everything they promised and more. Very professional.

Description of Work
Patio and walkway to deck.

Category hardscaping,patios

Thank you for your review. Please contact us if we can help you in your future with any other project.

07/24/2014

Everything is perfect. I couldn't be any happier. They did a great job and it looks beautiful. They were professional and cleaned up every day very well. They called back to address any concerns and made sure I was happy. The owner was here at least once every day during the job and came back and walked everything with me to make sure I was happy.

Description of Work
They did a slate walkway up to the front door, put a stone on the foundation around the house, and put up a stone wall in the backyard.

Category landscaping,masonry,hardscaping

[removed member name], thank you so much for your review! Please keep us in mind for any future projects.

07/24/2014

It went great! They were timely, efficient, and polite. Everything we talked about happened!

Description of Work
They did a paver patio with a waterfall.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

[removed member name] - Thank you so much for review! Please keep us in mind for your next project.

DESIGN SERVICES & INSTALLATION,CUSTOM OUTDOOR KITCHENS, FIREPITS, FIREPLACES, TRAVERTINE, FLAGSTONE & PAVER PATIOS, WALKWAYS, DRIVEWAYS, LANDSCAPING, HARDSCAPES, POOL DECKS, POOL REHAB & NEW POOL CONSTRUCTION, CUSTOM STONE VENEER HOUSES, RETAINING WALLS, GRADING, DRAINAGE & EXCAVATION, WATERFALLS & FOUNTAINS, IRRIGATION AND SPRINKLER SYSTEMS

LAWN & YARD MAINTENANCE, TREE REMOVAL.