Should you get a fiberglass or a concrete pool? This guide breaks down their pros and cons and how they stack up when comparing certain features.
Get matched with top swimming pool companies in La Grange, KY
There are 3 highly-rated local swimming pool companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Pool Installers Reviews in La Grange
- Kayak Pools MidwestWell they were very responsive to questions and helped .all very knowledgeable and up front about any delays
- Aquatic PoolsWe have 20-year-old above-ground pool with steel walls, completely encircled by a deck. My wife noticed rust stains on one wall section. When I tried to do my own repairs on the wall, rust flaked off and the pool started leaking. It turns out that it was water trapped between the liner and pool wall that had been accumulating sitting there for years. We were concerned with the expense associated with any remedy (pool repair, removal, or replacement) due to the custom-built deck that completely surrounded it, making access very difficult. Those concerns paled in comparison, however, to our fear over the structural integrity of the pool and what would happen to our neighbor’s property if the weakened pool walls were to burst, sending a 16,000 gallon tidal wave their way. I called a couple of local pool dealers asking for recommendations for someone who could replace the 15 year-old liner and repair the pool wall at the same time. I was told in each case “You won’t find anyone who will touch that job. As soon as they see the rust, they’re done”. I was about to give up and refocus my search for a demolition contractor when I decided to try Angi’s List, pretty much as a last resort. Within 8 hours after filling out the form on my phone, I received an email and a text message from Tim Fowler at Aquatic Pools. From the outset, he was very professional, and contrary to what others had told me, he showed great confidence that this work was well within his experience and expertise. He came out to look at the situation and we discussed all remedies available to repair the damage and renovate the pool. He had several ideas and recommendations that would extend the life of the pool by several years, and more importantly let us sleep at night knowing it was once again structurally sound. Tim and his team showed up when they promised and were exceedingly efficient with their work. They explained the entire process every step of the way and did the work as if they were working on their own pool. In the end, they removed the old liner, sanded down the walls from the inside, and patched and reinforced the areas most affected by rust. They coated the entire inner wall with Rust-oleum, and installed a foam barrier all-around to provide additional protection for the new liner. They also installed additional floor padding, a foam cove to prevent wash-out, a heavy-duty 25-guage liner, a new skimmer, a new light, new gaskets and hardware. The pool literally looks brand new. This was a big job. The work wasn’t what I would call “cheap”, but certainly well worth the money paid. My Dad used to tell me that “You get what you pay for”, and he was right. In this case, I believe we got that and then some. I could not more strongly recommend Tim Fowler and Aquatic Pools for his honesty, work ethic, and integrity. He is a credit to Angi’s List and should serve as an example for other contractors to emulate
- HBL PoolsWould not recommend this company !! The owner can never be reached if you have any questions. And when reached is rude that you are bothering him. The pool is $12000 over budget with very little modifications needed to a flat lot. We feel we was over charged, from excessive number of loads of dirt removed to ignoring specific directions not to bring dump trucks onto a brand new driveway. (which is now cracked) We was cautioned by multiple people about this company's practices. But ignored them because we had some personal connection to the owners family. We SHOULD HAVE heeded the warnings. So please don't make the same mistake we have made. If you feel that this is a Unhappy customer venting? Check their social media and see what good things have been posted lately about them
- Shehan PoolsThis is by far the best job I’ve ever had. Bob Shehan is a wonderful designer and pool builder. My job has been nothing but smooth and easy going from the beginning.
- Paradigm Concrete DesignScheduled work to fit my needs and arrived promptly as scheduled. Total project lasted about three weeks with involvement of other contractors on non-concrete items. Chad and crew always responsive to questions and coordination of their services with others involved..
- All America Pool Co IncMichelle and her team did an excellent job. Michelle even came out to give us an estimate on the afternoon she was leaving for vacation. She beat the competitor's price by over $5000 and her price included a heater, salt water system, diving board, hauling of dirt away and a lot of other extras. Michelle kept us informed throughout the process. She made sure I knew what was going to happen when and what to expect. The day of the dig she was there the whole morning making sure everything went smoothly. Then throughout the installation process she made sure to keep me informed of the progress and next steps. Her brother leads the installation team and they are top notch. They focus on quality and do an excellent job. His team found a small crack in our steps the day after they were inistalled. They immediately informed me of it. They had the steps removed and a new one installed. While it delayed the pool, we were extremely impressed with their focus on quality and perfection. Michelle was so easy to communciate with. Any time I had a question I could call her or text her and she would respond almost immediately. She recommended great contractors to help with some other work that was needed due to the pool installation such as repositioning my deck steps and building a retaining wall. She made sure the contractors she recommended were responsive and did a good job. Michelle's dad used to be the sole owner of the company but he is now semi-retired and has turned it over to Michelle. She has done an excellent job of maintaining a good reputation and I would highly recommend her and her team to anyone looking to build an inground pool
- Royal SpaI talked to Becky Russell (excellent service) when ordering spa essentials. I then had the opportunity to talk to Derek Cleveland (National Sales Manager) who I told of my experience with their spas. A real gentleman and knowledgable.
- South Beach PoolsHe was really good and finished the pool in about 6 weeks. Everything was excellent. His service was no b******t, straight up and very reliable. He does what he says he will do. It is not a company you can do a lot of haggling with, but we found the price to be very competitive. We found the quality of his service and job to be absolutely worth every penny. Sometimes he has no time, but he will call and say he has no time. He came back himself after the pool was done because he was not happy with the way something was done and we had not even noticed it. He is very proud of his work. When we needed him he would be there
- Pool ManMike (proprietor) is absolutely dedicated to building the best quality product possible, and is as honest as the day is long. I couldn't be happier with the design or construction. When I heard the construction materials and methods used by Poolman I knew there was no need to look any farther. Poolman opens and closes the pool each year, and provides excellent service
- Pro Pool SuppliesThey put a swimming pool in for us. I loved it and they were prompt and did exactly what they said they were going to do. They even came back and showed us how to use the pump.
Last update on February 17, 2022
Swimming Pool Companies in La Grange
Explore our Solution Center for helpful Swimming Pool Company articles
You don’t always need a pro to prep your pool for the big freeze. Learn how to winterize an above-ground pool to keep it bacteria- and algae-free.
Noticing signs of acidity or low pH in your pool? Save yourself the cost of an inspection and troubleshoot it yourself. Learn how to raise pH in pools in this DIY guide.
Find swimming pool companies in
- Orchard Grass,
- Pewee Valley,
- Worthington Hills,
- New Castle,
- Douglass Hills,
- Rolling Hills,
- Langdon Place,
swimming pool companies in La Grange
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Elder Pools
New Albany, Indiana 47150
- Elder Pools
- Fackler Homes Inc1504 Polo Fields Ct.
Louisville, Kentucky 40245
- Fackler Homes Inc
- GYM & SWIM10630 Watterson Trl
Louisville, Kentucky 40299
- GYM & SWIM
- HBL Pools898 North Bardstown Rd
Mount Washington, Kentucky 40047
- HBL Pools
- Kayak Pools Midwest845 E 65th St
Indianapolis, Indiana 46220
- Kayak Pools Midwest
- Suntime Pools West11509 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40243
- Suntime Pools West
- THE INVERNESS GROUP11305 REED HARTMAN HWY STE 214
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
- THE INVERNESS GROUP