Elbert Construction Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since October 2008

15400 Herriman Blvd

Noblesville, IN 46060

Elbert Construction is a general contractor specializing in residential roofing. We are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. We are also members of the Better Business Bureau and you can check out our reviews on Angie’s List. We are located in Noblesville and serve the entire state of

10/12/2020

Martha R.

Horrible experience. Botched job!! Day one after construction I asked someone to please come look at the job!! Steve blew me off until time to collect final payment. Then tried to tell me it was acceptable job. After two attempts to fix some of the issues. We felt defeated. Then Don Harr called , ask about how it went. He immediately came out to look, after looking the problem was reveled, First, the OSB board was installed wrong, which made everything not line up correctly. He also stated that he had recommended another installer to do our job, He admitting to the fact that Steve was too busy and changed what he had proposed for our job. At that point we threw our hand up ?? What were we to do tear it all off and start over ??? I was lead to believe that Steve was in charge, latter found out we should have called Don from day one. Don was the only truthful one if the bunch!! Even the Window and Gutter installer’s called Steve about the job after they saw the condition .

Description of Work
Windows, Gutters, James Hardie Siding.

Category awnings, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

06/05/2020

BARRY J.

Very poor. After receiving a quote and paying a down payment last fall, numerous attempts to call and email went unanswered. Finally, without any communication, the deposit was refunded over 6 months after initially paid. I gave a D instead of an F only because I did get the deposit back.

Description of Work
Chimney siding replacement

Category siding, chimney repair

11/07/2019

Jeffrey S.

Steve Smalley of the company wasted 3 hours of my time selling their services but never provided the estimates promised. When I followed up weeks later he texted that he was on vacation and would get back to me the following week. After several more weeks I texted him but he will not respond. I would not work with this company unless you want to rush home from work early to make the appointment and then listen to multiple hours of Steve's BS about great service that is clearly not true. I searched him in the internet and it appears has a long trail of similar reviews from his previous company .... I would not hire a company that would employee him unless your enjoy wasting your time.

Description of Work
windows, siding, gutters, roof

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters

08/14/2019

Santhakumar A.

Called them thrice and never got a call back

Description of Work
Interior French doors

08/07/2019

Keith E.

They set a date time then no showed and no called

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category siding

03/31/2019

MOLLY C.

Everyone involved was professional and very knowledgeable. Everything looks great!

Description of Work
New gutters and downspouts, repair roof

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/09/2019

Brian M.

Guy came out and looked. Said he’d email a quote. Never got it. Called twice to get it. Still no response. Totally unprofessional

Description of Work
We have a roof flashing issue. Leaks when snow builds up.

12/27/2018

Brad C.

Best contractor in Indiana. The communication was excellent. The material was delivered on-time. The job was done correct and in a timely manner. The two service technician's were extremely knowledgeable and got right to work.

Description of Work
Door Repair

12/01/2018

william S.

The technician was on time and professional. He climbed up on the roof and examined it. He reported that there was no damages, but a couple of shingles needed repair. He repaired the loose shingles for no charge This service gave me great confidence in the firm. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
Had roof examined

08/06/2018

Amy S.

Someone came to evaluate our siding repair needs. It was a very small job, so he nicely forwarded it along to the side of the business that would perform the work at a cheaper rate. However, he told us that he would like to offer a free inspection of our roof and siding for storm damage because he felt that there was quite possibly damage and that in that case, insurance would be able to cover replacement. We agreed to get the inspection in the coming days and that the small siding repair would be put on hold with their service department until the inspection was done. The week passed with no further contact from the gentleman. We contacted him, he apologized and said he would guarantee he would come to our house that Saturday. His words, "If there is one roof I'm going to get on this Saturday, it will be yours." Saturday came and went with no sight or contact from Elbert. We made an additional contact to the same gentleman and received no response back. We contacted the company itself and asked to be assigned a different Elbert representative. Our information was taken by the girl who answered the phone and she said she would need to forward it along to the higher-ups to make the decision on reassigning the work. Someone would contact us. Guess what? No contact whatsoever was made. In our opinion, Elbert has zero respect for their customer's time. If we've reached out to a company, we've had them over to our house, we've reached out to them again and again, we'd like the work completed. Just do the darn work. Now we're left with having to do everything all over again with a different company. Yet this company still maintains its reputation. No idea what their rhyme or reason is for respecting some customers while not respecting others, but our experience with Elbert has been horrible. I can't imagine how it would have gone had they actually followed through on the front end and gotten the work...how much time and energy would we have had to spend to make sure the job got done?

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category roofing, siding

[Member Name Removed] I am very sorry for our lack of professionalism and responsiveness. Obviously we dropped the ball on this and I'm truly sorry. Thanks, TJ Elbert - owner

03/11/2018

Kelly W.

The team was excellent! The crew was very respectful and polite. They stayed busy and had great suggestions as well. The owner stayed in contact with us throughout the process and also followed up a little bit later to see if we were still happy with the services provided. Would highly recommend this company to everyone!

Description of Work
Carpentry, painting and gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, woodworking, house painters

02/28/2018

Scott S.

TJ and his crew were awesome to work with. They are experts at working with insurance and the crew was clean, respectful and knocked it out quick! I have used Elbert Construction multiple times and they always make sure everything gets handled. Have recommended them to many neighbors who were also pleased.

Description of Work
Total roof, some wood siding, and a railing of the roof

Category roofing, siding, skylights

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

02/21/2018

valerie M.

It went very well. Brad Christie did excellent follow up. Kevin and Levi did the work on the roof. They did an outstanding job. I am very happy.

Description of Work
Repair a leak in the roof

02/16/2018

Jennifer Y.

Matt Fisher was my go to person and he did a excellent job also the gentleman that did all the housework was excellent and also my project manager did a great job I would recommend Albert again and anytime .

Description of Work
We needed a new roof new gutters new screen and a new rap around our house and new gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair, siding

Thank you!

02/15/2018

Matt F.

The crew arrived on time and got right to work. They started around 7:30am and finished around 6:00pm. They were efficient, clean and left the property clean as if nothing had been done. They even cleaned out my gutters

Description of Work
They replaced my roof and added insulation to my attic. This was an insurance claim and was handled by them from start to finish. I only paid for my deductible and to add insulation.

Category insulation, roofing

12/27/2017

Sherry B.

Excellent! Exactly what I was told along with great quality workmanship and products.

Description of Work
Replace front door and some finishing work

11/03/2017

marcia D.

Installation was very professional and seamless. My only complaint is that we were advised to have "our" painters stain the doors, i.e. not included in the estimated cost for the doors. I did not realize that it would cost another $900. to complete this process. I would have appreciated a ball park figure for this additional bill.

Description of Work
New front doors

10/24/2017

Curtis & Carolyn H.

They were awesome. Setup a tent to contain the drywall dust. The finished job was great. We have used this company for a major project before and they were totally professional and did a perfect job.

Description of Work
Cut in a window on the side of our house.

Category egress windows, replacement windows

10/21/2017

John C.

On the day of installation there were gaps visible around the window panels. The installer came back out and resolved this issue. As the weather got colder, there were drafts on all of the installed windows. The window manufacturer representative and EHI came out to inspect, and replaced the pile weather stripping. Despite this, the windows still remain extremely cold and drafty, and ice forms on the inside of the glass. No further resolution has been offered, apart from alternative glass at additional cost, which will not address the draft issue. We are now faced with tearing out all of the windows due to poor quality windows and/or poor installation. We have not received a satisfactory response from the window company warranty, or EHI.

Description of Work
We had issues with window spring balances, and the sales person advised on replacing the windows.

Category replacement windows

10/08/2017

Justin Z.

Everything went great. Steve was exceptionally thorough in talking through the process and options up front and both crews (windows and siding) did great work and were a pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
We needed new windows and siding on our entire house.

Category siding, replacement windows

09/21/2017

Warren S.

They were great. I didn't even know they were here and they were done. I haven't had a problem so far. He was very responsive. Quality workmanship. I haven't had any problems, haven't had to come back to fix anything, prominence.

Description of Work
They provided roof patching services.

09/13/2017

Ken N.

Very responsive and professional. They were very understanding about payment when I faced issues getting the check delivered and endorsed by multiple parties when filing my property damage claim.

Description of Work
Roof replacement due to storm damage.

09/05/2017

Scott G.

Provided a 50% deposit with a written time frame on the contract of 5-6 weeks, and guaranteed to be complete by July 4. When the time frame passed by many weeks, I began pressing for the work to begin. I then found out that the windows to be replaced had yet to be ordered and would not arrive in time for the job. I contracted with the Evansville office and a crew from Indianapolis came out a day later than promised, worked for three and one-half days and disappeared. When I requested explanation the following Monday why no one showed up, an inexperienced crew out of Evansville was sent. Most of the crew didn't even work for Elbert. They worked three and one-half days of the second week and disappeared. The third week another, different crew, out of Indianapolis arrived and finally completed most of the job. I have had to contact both the owner and Job Manager from the Indianapolis office trying to get issues fixed. They installed the siding with 2 1/2" nails, so long that they nailed through my breaker panel to the point it pushed a breaker out of its slot. I had to make them take that siding off and reinstall with shorter nails. They affixed ladders to my roof, not with roof jacks, but with short 2/4's nailed through my brand new shingles.. When they removed them, they patched the holes in my dark gray roof with ivory colored caulk. I had to make them replace the shingles. I came home the day the gutters were to be installed to find that the gutter installer was in the process of installing 5" gutters when my contract was for 6" gutters. He had run out all the seamless gutters at 5" and had half of them installed. He had to take them down and redo them. He took 1 1/2 weeks. The window they failed to order came in and I was told it was the wrong size so they ordered another window. It came in and was a new construction window. The crew they sent to install it did not know this. It was a second story window that would now require the new siding to be removed to install the window and they only had one ladder. They also told me the window was Dessert Sand and not Clay to match my house. I called the local project manager who said they would take care of it. Two weeks later a crew, again from Indianapolis, came out to install this second window and find out it was not the right size, the first ordered window was actually the right size. No effort was made to contain the nails from the removal of the old siding and installation of the new. I have had to have a riding mower tire replaced due to a long siding nail puncturing it. This has been the most error prone project I have ever been involved with. They are quick with excuses. This is a true accounting of my experiences with them. It was so bad, they didn't even ask to put their sign in my front yard. After all of this, they have the nerve to call me belligerent. Extremely mismanaged company.

Description of Work
Contracted to have siding, soffit and fascia, and gutters replaced for a two story house and garage on March 30.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/10/2017

Mike K.

Good consultation on the options and recommendations. The install had a false start and had to be rescheduled. Once with possible weather, but the second time because of a lack of planning on having the right equipment. But once it was installed it was done professionally. When the subfloor had to be replaced I thought the cost was high. Another contractor told me up front it would be $150 if the subfloor was rotted. They tried to charge me $300. We settled on $200. It was done in less than an hour and a 1x6 board. That is my only real complaint. The door is a great door and it looks and operates great. They were also quick to return (1 week) with replacement parts when the lock was defective.

Description of Work
Replace tri section door on third story

07/13/2017

Rebecca S H.

Great, professional, prompt, courteous

Description of Work
roof replacement

RICK MAYFIELD PAINTING

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS.2012,2013 CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE.NON-SMOKER.MUST SEE JOB TO GIVE ACCURATE QUOTE PLEASE USE DIRECT EMAIL OR CALL ABOVE PHONE NUMBER.

The Pinched Pleat

The Pinched Pleat is a full-service custom drapery and soft furnishings workroom, designing and fabricating soft decor for Indiana homeowners and interior designers. Using couture sewing techniques and beautiful textiles to hand-craft unique soft furnishings, we're personalizing Hoosier homes one at a time. The Pinched Pleat's Owner, Dana Newsom, is a Certified Window Treatment Specialist. The Pinched Pleat is a proud member of the Window Coverings Association of America (WCAA). We are committed to employing the window coverings and soft furnishings industry's highest standards in safety, design, fabrication, and professional installation. We participate in continuing education classes and workshops to learn the latest fabrication techniques, design trends, product developments, workroom best practices, and safety standards. Delivering the highest quality product and personalized service to clients is our priority.

Award 2022
    Peek-A-Boo Blinds

When you need a Window Covering Service that you can trust, call Peek-A-Boo Blinds in Noblesville, Indiana and surrounding areas for all of your Window Covering needs. At Peek-A-Boo Blinds we specialize in a variety of services, including Blinds, Shades and Shutters. Contact us today for more information or to request an estimate.

Award 2022

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, American Express, Financing Available

Roofing, Asphalt Shingle Roofs, SBS Impact Resistant Shingle Roofs, Wood Shake Roofs, Metal Roofs, Copper Roofs, Slate Roofs, Low Slope Roofing Products, EPDM Rubber Roofs, TPO Roofs, PVC Roofs, Vinyl siding, James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding, 5" gutters, 6" gutters, Box Gutters, storm damage, insurance claims, windows, Owens Corning Atticat attic insulation.