Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Hickory Hills, IL
There are 44 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Hickory Hills
- Adams RoofingThey were on time and completed the work quickly. There was more work than expected and Robert provided several options. I would hire again.
- Steele & Loeber Garage Builders - NorthwestProcess to plan for a new garage and get a quote went fine. Due to the bureaucracy in the DuPage County Building and Zoning department, a nightmare. Out $385 in permitting and processing fees due to the ridiculous demands of the county, and no garage. Zero stars for DuPage County, 5 stars for Brian at Steele and Loeber who did his best to get a garage built, but the demands made by the county made it impossible. 8/9/21 - Out of fairness to Brian at Steele and Loeber, I changed this review from three to five stars since the county made it impossible for him to build. The review is for his efforts. I'll have to review the county separately
- Heartland Garage Builders, LLCCity permits delayed project and weather was uncooperative. But demolition occurred in the rain. Otherwise, it was spectacular!!
- GARAGE FOR YOU INCBob was super responsive in meeting with us and helping design the garage. They will make custom garages. We wanted a room built into our garage to shelter some feral cats we take care of, and they were willing to do that. They also installed a cat door that we purchased. They build good garages. Our old garage was falling apart, as are many others in the neighborhood. We wanted a garage that would last. All of the crew were highly-skilled and tremendously courteous. The quality of work at every stage was excellent: preparation of site, concrete pour, framing, roof, finishing/gutters. They took extra care to do things right. The job did take longer than expected. Part of that was due to issues with the site (excessive mud under the old garage that had to dry out and additional site preparation) but it seems the COVID pandemic generated a lot of home projects - we were in a work queue. Demolition started mid-September and garage was completed early January. (Our furnace guy had a similar situation with a different garage builder, so it wasn't just this company. We learned to be Zen about the timeline - it was less stressful that way.) In the end, we have a beautiful garage that should last for years. Very pleased
- Triangle Classic Homes IncCarl and Ralph helped us design our dream home in Chatham County. They were professional and showed a lot of patience given all the hassles with Covid, cold feet and our loan process. Our new home is more beautiful than we ever dreamed and the craftsmanship and quality have exceeded our expectations. Carl and Ralph are super nice guys and they take pride in their work and care about their customers. The people they hire are all professional and very kind. My husband and I highly recommend them for any job, large or small
- Mr. Handyman of Wheaton-HinsdaleAfter a long week working remotely, I was met with a friendly guy from Mr. Handyman. He was great! Immediately I was given confidence after requesting the saw-work be done outside which he gladly complied. In no time, while I was still working , Mr. Handyman efficiently completed the job meeting my expectations! Afterwards, I was given a fair bill and found the work areas neat and tidy
- Bak Brothers, Inc.Bak Bros did exceptional work. Top quality, great attention to detail, they were responsive to any issues or concerns. They came on time, answered questions thoroughly, and finished the job as promised. We are very happy with their work.
- BRYAN'S GARAGE DOOR SOLUTIONSBryan is the best. He's quick to respond, has a fair price and is very professional. Our overhead garage door wouldn't close and was off the track. He came out and replaced the broken spring quickly. I was worried because it was attached to our house that we were visibly leaving our garage open overnight, but he solved it quickl
- Biango ConstructionI can't be more happy with how our room addition project went. There isn't a time I can think of where I had to point out any flaws in the craftsmanship that Nick and his team at Biango Construction performed. Throughout the process there was a clear and open line of communication and dialog for recommendations and answers to all my inquires as we moved along the path of progress and completion. I would HIGHLY recommend Biango Construction. I've already begun the process for another project my wife and I had in mind
- Steele & Loeber Garage BuildersSalesperson was excellent measuring was done quickly order was put in that day and door was installed the following week. The installation went smoothly and quickly. The old door was taken away and the cleanup was done neatly. The installer was professional and courteous. The door looks fantastic and operates great. Very well satisfied with Steele and Loeber! Anthony Megar
Garage Builders in Hickory Hills
- Business Description:Chicago garage builders, Garage 4U, Inc. has been building custom garages since 1990. As a family owned and operated small business, service and European craftsmanship allows us to give you - our customer - freedom to choose what you want. Every garage is custom built from first grade materials and we offer a variety of sizes and finishes. No job is too large, no dream is too big. Please call us today for a free estimate. Uses subcontractors for roofingRecent Review:it went well, the job itself is very goodRichard R.
- Business Description:Specializing in General Contracting Maintenance, Repair & Remodeling. We Believe in Quality WorkRecent Review:Please read this review before you hire Nate Bar and Home Revolution for any project. I made the mistake of reading other negative reviews (and Nate's responses) but believing that the client was partly at fault. Please do not make my mistake. I contracted Home Revolution to perform a light rehab on my home that is being converted into an income property. Because my wife and I are occupying the property at this time, I had an opportunity to assess Nate's work from both an investor and homeowner's perspective. I was extremely disappointed on both fronts. From an investor's POV, Nate does not do a very good job of communicating project updates or even if his guys will be showing up on any given day. Nate has a habit of outlining a project plan, but later changing the plan or cutting corners on the process that he outlined at contracting (e.g., promising to remove cabinet door for painting only to poorly paint them while attached). From a homeowners standpoint, Nate and his team showed an utter disregard for my home. They consistently left food wrappers and soda cans scattered about, left hazardous materials exposes to me and my pregnant wife for weeks, and I caught one of his guys reaching into my cabinets (without asking first) and helping himself one of my personal utensils to eat a snack actual. Overall, Nate did a horrible job of supervising the work of his team and provided absolutely zero quality control over the work. There are several DIY-quality rookie painting mistakes (see photos) that Nate never even noticed. Worst of all, Nate himself (not his team) took a molded piece of drywall that he removed from the shower and left it (along with the rest of the demoed shower) sitting in my living room for 2 weeks! To make matters worse, Nate exhibited below average organizational skills in that he did not write much of anything down and had a hard time remembering the work that was contracted, how much he agreed to charge, and what specific material SKUs that had been provided numerous times. If that were not bad enough, I really have to question his skills as a contractor or even a handy-man because he attempted to install my LifeProof LVP flooring in the opposite direction of the locking system and I personally watched him botch the installation of a shower liner (while he was having a non-work-related private conversation on speaker phone). I don't feel that a someone claiming to be a GC can afford to be unskilled at his craft, a poor leader of others, and provide a substandard poor customers/client service. You have to pick a lane. If the details above were not enough to make you log out, the worst aspect of Nate's services was his extremely unprofessional nature in dealing with customer questions and requests. On the week 2 of the project, Nate only sent 1 guy to paint baseboards and trim. I had just paid Nate his first 33% draw and wanted to make sure we were still on schedule. I asked him "when you have a chance, can you give me a breakdown of what will be completed this week?" Without texting or calling me, he drew up paperwork to cancel our agreement, signed it, scanned it and emailed it to me. This was apparently because I was being too difficult, and asking too many process-related questions. I was shocked, but was able to talk him off the ledge and convince him to honor our contract and complete the work. This extremely rash and emotional reaction was a major red flag. Fast-forward 3 weeks and the date that Nate promised the work would be completed had come and gone. Nate and his team were nearly 3 hours late to the job site and i was unable to hang around long enough into the afternoon to let them in, so he suggested that they get an early start the next day. Nate then mentioned that he thought that there was only 1 day of work left. I didn't think that was realistic because there were a number of touch-ups that had apparently gone unnoticed by my contractor or his team for weeks. When I brought these needed touch-ups to Nate's attention, we called me a narcissist, told me how ugly my home was and began to tell me all of the things he was not going to do for my project. At this point, I told him that I was sorry that he felt that way, but that if he wasn't willing to complete the project in a quality manner, then the project was essential over for Home Revolution. This was a stressful experience for me. Nate charges general contractor pricing for extremely lazy and substandard under -the-table work. He is a walking contractor horror story. Avoid Home Revolution like the plague!!Drew O.
- Business Description:General repairs, maintenance, in business since 1999 family owned and operated. We also do kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Any of your repair needs we can do.Recent Review:Raul and his team did a great job! The crew was very professional and the quality of work was great. What I appreciated the most about my experience was that they showed up promptly everyday and finished our job before moving on to the next. We’ve renovated two houses and have experienced the frustration of going multiple days with no one showing up, or working two hours then leaving to work on another job. Raul got the job done in the time frame he established from the beginning. We will definitely use him again.Kimberly S.
- Business Description:home remodels and improvements. closet rebuilding, in closet watch cases, purse boxes, shoe boxes and customizing. hardwood staining and repair. custom accent walls and wood trim repair replace and make moden. Luxury epoxy counter top making. No job is to bigRecent Review:Great remodel! I had them update by kitchen and bathroom as well as paint. My new bathroom vanity and tiling looks amazing! I love the new cabinets and countertops in my kitchen! Looks like a brand new house. Very professional and got the job done quicklystacey s.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a full service general contracting company in business since 1999. Family owned and operated. We strive for "A" quality work and will do everything we can to completely satisfy our customers. We don't start another job until the first one is finishedRecent Review:Excellent. Very responsive, good discussion and recommendations on size and length of drain and prompt proposal. Timely project completion; 1 long day within 2 weeks after sign off. Work done as proposed - we were very pleased with the quality of the work (deep, clean trench, gravel, drain pipe tie-in with downspout, etc) and recommendations for replanting afterward. We had our first downpour this year - it worked perfectly! We're delightedKaren F.
- Business Description:American Doors is independently owned for over 20 years strong! We give FREE estimates on all work before performing it. We do repairs and installation of garage doors and garage door openers, upgrade springs if needed. All work is guaranteed! Mention you saw us on Angie's List and receive 20% off service charge. Award winningRecent Review:Mr. Cruz was very professional and did an excellent job. In fact, he got the garage door earlier than expected and installed it two days earlier than expected. Would definitely hire him again.Patrick B.
- Business Description:For over a decade, Bald Eagle Construction has been widely known as the go-to expert for a wide variety of construction projects in Chicago and the Chicagoland area. We’re also proud to be the leader in handling City of Chicago building code violations. From taking care of fixing the issues straight through to dealing with the paperwork. For you that means you not only get the job done to our exacting specifications – you’ll also be assured that any project we start will comply fully with a..Recent Review:Kevin is a good communicator, on time and very helpful. The person Kevin sent to do the tuck pointing was polite and professional. Kevin and his team did a good job. We hope to hire Bald Eagle Construction again in the springJean P.
- Business Description:Howard "Dean" Thacker has 35 years experience in the construction field. He began working as an apprentice for the union at the age of 16 . He graduated from Washburn Trade School and went on to work for the Carpenter’s Union. Dean worked building houses out in Hoffman Estates. He then went on to working in Downtown Chicago building the Sears Tower and the first Drive-thru Walgreens. He continued building Jewel and Walgreens buildings over the years. Dean eventually worked as an accoustical c..Recent Review:Amazing service and worked with an honest guy named Jake. Everything was top-notch from start to finish and they made the entire process very easy.Nate E.
- Business Description:A garage can protect your car from the elements or just give you more storage space. If you find yourself in need of a custom garage in the Chicagoland, IL area, choose the experts at Chicagoland Garage Builders. From demolition, to design to construction we do it all when it comes to garages. Our affordable prices include guarantees and warranties. Add value and beauty to your property with a new garage. Call Chicagoland Garage Builders today. Addition DBA: Regal Custom Concrete Inc
Deals in Hickory Hills for Garage Builders
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- Palos Hills
- Oak Lawn
- Willow Springs
- Bedford Park
- Chicago Ridge
- Palos Park
- Palos Heights
- Indian Head Park
- La Grange
- Merrionette Park
- Western Springs
- Evergreen Park
- North Riverside
garage builders in Hickory Hills
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & C Construction3020 Long Grove Ct
- A + INSTALLATIONS inc357 n tower dr
- A 1 Empire Builders8507 w catalpa ave
- A Renewable Construction Inc551 S. Bennett Ave
- A W WENDELL & SONS1121 WARREN AVE 140
Downers Grove, Illinois
- A. P. Riley & Company, LLC153 S. Halsted St.
Chicago Heights, Illinois
- AAA Service and Supply IncPO Box 4091
- ABM Construction & Son259 E Rand Rd Suite 209
Mount Prospect, Illinois
- Absolute Renovation Incorporated6901 Olyimpic Dr.
- ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION INC9835 S RIDGEWAY
EVERGREEN PARK, Illinois
- adkins home improvement2217 Crabtree Ave
- Advanced Finishes, INC3829 Grove Ave
Western Springs, Illinois
- Advanced Restoration Services Inc5711 W 120th St
- Affordable Home Solutions - IL524 N Randall Rd
- AK Reliable Construction Co., Inc.9444 Keeler Ave
- AKA Mechanical Services207 S. Channing 1
- Akrite Construction co.8010 S. Vernon Ave 3
- ALA Architects & Planners, Inc.2600 Behan Road C
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Alchemy Construction110 East Sunnyside Avenue
- Alco Construction Co.3608 N Milwaukee Ave
- ALENIA EXTERIORS6891 CATALPA ST
Hanover Park, Illinois
- All American Remodeling132 Gall Lane
New Lenox, Illinois
- All Construction Services, LLC21276 N. Boschome Cir.
Lake Zurich, Illinois
- All The Right Angles, Inc.3402 Byrum Blvd
- Allen Builders1064 S Grace St
- Allen Construction Capital Management 12556 S Lowe Ave
- AllPro Construction & Roofing9950 Lawrence Ave
Schiller Park, Illinois
- ALLWAYS REMODELING, INC2620 W Fletcher St
- ALPINE BUILDERS & REMODELERS3010 N CALIFORNIA AVE
- Alta JC Construction Inc,8645 Austin Ave
Morton Grove, Illinois
- AMB Associates Inc3103 W Armitage Ave
- AMD Construction1784 Forest Ave
Des Plaines, Illinois
- Ameri-Craft Exteriors Inc2118 Plum Grove Road 351
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois
- American Building of Chicago, Inc.14053 Bonbury Ln
Orland Park, Illinois
- American City Remodelers, Inc315 Spruce St.
- AMERICAN CONCRETE CORP2012 CYPRESS CT
Glendale Heights, Illinois
- American Custom Homes2838 W Summerdale Ave
- American Doors LLC12148 S. Hamlin Avenue
- American Eagle Home Improvement, Inc.2625 West Butterfield Road Suite 138
Oak Brook, Illinois
- American Finishers, Inc.27B Stonehill Rd
- American General Contractors And Consultants2812 Sarah Ct.
- American Home Improvers, Inc.10 East Main St # 225
East Dundee, Illinois
- American Quality Construction6672 N NW Hwy
- AMLIN RESIDENTIAL INC5800 Amlin Circle
- Ancient Construction10415 Penny Ct S
- ANDI'S REPAIR & REMODELING, LLC2816 W Lunt Ave
- Apex Construction & Remodeling2743 Highway Ave
- Aq construction inc16853 W 143rd St
- Archi/Build Group Inc.1652 W Edgewater Ave
- Arete Renovators Inc3821 W Montrose Ave
- ARI General Contractors131 Normandy Dr.
- Artane Construction1342 West 31st Place C
- Artec Construction Inc1275 Studio Ln
- Ashdel LLC10125 S Roberts Rd Suite 102
Palos Hills, Illinois
- ASHLAND CONSTRUCTION INC3S450 PATTERMANN RD
- AST Construction Services Inc133 June Ln Lombard
- Atum ConstructionPO Box 36
- Aubrey Garages Inc243 Orchard Lane St
Wood Dale, Illinois
- A & C Construction
- Bald Eagle Construction1515 Harlem Ave Ste 307-1
Oak Park, Illinois
- Bandola Homes5306 Williams st
Downers Grove, Illinois
- Banter Floor & More13019 Wicker Ave
Cedar Lake, Indiana
- Bayer Builders4356 Prescott Avenue
- BCM Enterprises17 Esther St
Crystal Lake, Illinois
- Bella Construction & Remodeling LLC6226 N Broadway St
- Ben's HVAC and General Contractors Corporation6234 W. Cermak Rd
- Benefit Roofing1107 Vinewood
WILLOW SPRINGS, Illinois
- BEST WAY BUILDERS INC6910 W JARVIS AVE
- Bichi Concepts & Designs1016 W. Jackson Blvd.
- BLUE SKY BUILDERS INC424 OGDEN AVE
Downers Grove, Illinois
- Blue Sky Roofing Inc6014 W Diversey
- BMG Restoration LLC1086 Pawtucket Drive
- Bob Jaacks Rustic Wood Fencing & Decks9116 Milwaukee Ave.
- Bock Construction1n618 IL ROUTE 53 Lombard IL.60148
- BOUTZ CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION COMPANY1710 Berkley St
- Bozek Home Improvements & Landscaping5819 Middaugh Ave.
Downers Grove, Illinois
- Brandon Smith16545 Emerald Ave
- BRIAN KULEZIC CONSTRUCTION733 N LEAVITT ST
- Bridgeview Construction7146 thomas ave
- BRIGHT LINE ELECTRIC SYSTEM INC8041 OAK PARK AVE
- Brush and Roll Construction LLC5270 Westview Lane
- Bts Construction INC535 w 37th st
- BURLEY REMODELING2317 W. Fairview Lane
- Butler Home Construction Co., Inc.8522 W 192nd St.
- Bald Eagle Construction
- C and E Peterson5215 West Valley Drive
- C.H. CONSTRUCTION164 S Du Bois Ave
- Caffero Construction Inc600 Woodcrest Ln
- Carolan Builders Inc741 N York Rd
- Carpenter Home Improvements Inc.5737 Sherman Ave
Downers Grove, Illinois
- Casa Decorating2819 Sun Valley drive
- Castle Rock Restoration Inc101 W Evergreen Pkwy # 104
- Castlerock Builders & Remodelers Inc1308 S Knight Ave
Park Ridge, Illinois
- Catalyst Construction & Remodeling LLC130 N La Grange Rd
La Grange, Illinois
- CENTERLINE CONSTRUCTION INC13513 LARKSPUR DR
Homer Glen, Illinois
- CEW Construction, LLC260 Saint Andrews Dr
- CGC Enterprises914 Ironwood Ave
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Chicago310 County Line Rd
- C and E Peterson