Chicagoland Remodeling Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2008

2130 N Harlem Ave

Elmwood Park, IL 60707

CHICAGOLAND REMODELING is a Chicago area remodeling company with over twenty years of experience in Chicagoland home remodeling. We service the entire Chicago area from Printer’s Row to Lincoln Park, the Gold Coast to Edison Park, Wicker Park to Lakeview and all points in between! We welcome jobs in the Chicago suburbs including Highland Park, Winnetka, and Evanston all the way to Park Ridge and Arlington Heights and out west to Naperville, Hinsdale and all other Chicagoland locations. We are a local company and know the area, the industry and have the experience it takes to complete a remodeling job in the Chicago area. Visit our projects pages for photos and examples of projects we have completed near you! Chicagoland Remodeling Inc offers financing! ...

11/07/2019

Natalia B.

Start to finish Chicagoland Remodeling Inc. Did a fantastic job remodeling our house: new kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a basement, they also put a new roof and siding on our house. The CR team was professional, easy to work with and most importantly compassionate. Compassionate is not a word most people would use to describe a builder, but it applies to Chicagoland Remodeling Inc . They understood how hard it is to go through a construction project while trying to raise a family and have a full time job. The team clearly communicated with us and were available day and night to answer our questions. Where they really stood out was when there was a problem or setback. They didn't panic or sugar coat the situation, the applied resources and their years of experience to fix the issue. Every project has issues, it is how the builder deals with them that was important to us. The service after the job was complete was excellent. They stand behind their work and truly view themselves as craftsmen vs. builders. As such, they made sure that we were 100% happy with the work. They helped us with everything from the design service to complete remodeling. We visit CR showroom few times on every stage of the project to be sure that we made a right decision Wally and Izabela were very professional and help us to make a final selection of the materials, so it saved us tone of time.

Description of Work
kitchen, bathroom

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

11/05/2019

Ewelina K.

We are thrilled with our kitchen remodel from Chicagoland Remodeling Inc. We had Izabela help us design our kitchen with high quality products used in innovative ways that suits our family needs. She was great with communication and coordination of all aspects of the project. Izabela was always available to answer questions and was respectful of our individual needs and concerns. The selection of materials that they provide is amazing. We wonted white kitchen but Izabela showed us an off-white that we both fallen in love with ;-) Cabinets, countertop, floor tiles and backsplash tiles all was exactly what we wanted and she guided us to the right finishes and materials We were so pleased with all the work they did in our kitchen that also we asked them to remodel our bathroom and again no disappointments. We highly recommend Chicagoland Remodeling Inc and for sure we will use this company for our future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling

11/05/2019

Ira B.

They did my kitchen for me. And I couldn’t have been happier with the results! They were very helpful with the process and assured me with all the questions I had. Their service and quality of work is unbeatable!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling

Category roofing, home remodeling

06/06/2019

Chris Y.

Workers left hundreds of nails behind + some pieces of equipment on the roof. Not an exaggeration; hundreds of nails. My family had to take handheld magnetic wands to find each nail on the driveway + lawn as we didn't want anybody to get hurt or puncture any tires. When we contacted Wally, he was originally apologetic and would refund us an amount agreed upon. When following up with him, he turned completely unprofessional and directed us to talk to his attorney. Not worth our time to small claims him. We still have the hundreds of nails that came off of our roof. For everyone considering this company, please look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

It was in 2009 when we did work for Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s Grandfather He was satisfied with the work and did paid us in full Few days after his Grandson complained about nails on the roof and that he cleaned up with his wife for 8 hrs and required as a compensation $100..00 We contact our attorney because he was very rude but never proved to us that he found any nailed etc All was dismissed after our Attorney had a conversation with him

01/13/2019

Ms S.

In December Wally came to my home to measure for new kitchen cabinets and a new kitchen floor. He stated that he would have the proposal ready by the first of January. I have been calling the office and leaving messags and they have failed to return any of the calls. I also emailed the company and they have failed to return any of the messages.

Description of Work
kitchen cabinets, countertop and kitchen floor.

Category home remodeling

I notify Homeowner that i am expecting a baby and this is the time of my deliver and i will be out of office and at this moment i am not sure when i will be back I provide this Customer all necessary drawings and quote and notify that the soonest that we will be able to perform work will be in April when i come back to work.

07/02/2018

Alison L.

The finished product is beautiful. I can't say enough good things about Izabela. She helps you through the whole process and is very responsive and professional. My only complaints are that it took much longer than expected to complete and there a few things that needed to be redone along the way.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/03/2018

Alexander S.

Remodel went great! Izabela, Wally, and their crews are all very professional and do excellent work. We had already used Chicagoland Remodel for a bathroom remodel and there was no need to look any further when it came to the kitchen. Our project was unique because we live in a loft building that was once a factory. The layout is unique and the team worked with us to make everything just how we want. Walls were taken down, plumbing and gas lines rerouted, cabinets installed, lighting, and more was all done perfectly. We will use again when it comes to our future projects!

Description of Work
Total kitchen remodel

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters

09/16/2017

Angela K.

They did a great job. They did good quality painting.

Description of Work
The remodeled my bathroom painted the whole unit and did the lighting.

Category lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

07/28/2017

Richard & Lorene L.

The actual work went well. Communication with Chicagoland Remodeling was a little slow - but I realize it is a busy time of the year. Mr. Szymanski, who did the work, was very pleasant, professional and easy to work with. I highly recommend his services and will use him again as needs arise.

Description of Work
I had a header and two king studs replaced on a large garage door opening because they had rotted. Work included the removal and replacement of the lumber along with new aluminum re-capping and weather proofing of the work. The finished product looks great and you would never know there was a problem. Good as new!

Category garage doors, woodworking, doors

06/20/2017

Rachel D.

They did the work promptly, the garage roof is brand new and looks great, the other small repairs were fine, but HOLY cow did they NOT repair the roof to our condo building correctly or do a good job AT ALL. We tried to contact them SEVERAL times after the work was completed to ask them about it or have them fix what they did and they did NOT answer, return calls etc. They even pretended to be closed, it's been SOOOOO shady. Every professional we have had in since has said what a joke the work they did on our roof is and that now it is too damaged to basically do anything else and we need a new roof. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone or even think they should be on Angie's List.

Description of Work
After the massive hail storm in 2011 our property was significantly damaged and we filed an insurance claim for repairs. We hired these guys because they were on Angie's List and had decent ratings, so we assumed we could trust that. The work they were supposed to do was repair the flat roof on our brick 3-flat condo building that had been damaged in the hail storm, repair the roof on the garage plus other damage to condo building including windows, siding, gutter parts, etc.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

This Customer never contact with us regarding the roof From 2011 till now if there would be any leak I believe Customer would contact with us I do not see any record that this customer ever contact our company We did perform roof repair as well as Customer had 5 years labor warranty on this project.

01/06/2017

Renata M.

We like Chicagoland Remodeling Inc. for their professionalism great craftsmanship. They were prompt and performed a great job. They payed a great amount of attention on details and the final look was excellent. We were impress how clean they left our house and how quick they finished the job. Since we are happy with their work, we would consider hiring them again. We highly recommend them to anyone interested in any remodeling project.

Description of Work
We had our bathroom remodeled by this company.

10/04/2016

Pierre P.

My initial visit with Chicagoland was with Wally, and it was good. He is polish with a heavy accent. That will come in to play later. He was fast in measuring for quotes. I went to the office to select finishes, and spoke with Patricia who says she was new. she didn't know most of the prices or questions I asked her. So I had to come back for another trip. This time I spoke to Isabella who was great. She gave me great suggestions on kitchen design. However, she was going on vacation and now I had to deal with Patricia. She's nice, but doesn't know anything. Cabinets installed look good. I wish they installed a temporary countertop with sink because it took a week for countertop to be installed and another day for sink to be connected. That was hard. Especially with kids. Wally had called me to schedule the finish install. It took a lot of listening concentration to understand. Our issue came with the time to install. I heard 10:30 am, but he apparently said 7:30 am. I didn’t answer the door at 7:30 and he left. They are mad at the customer for not understanding Wally…really. He started yelling at me on the phone explaining he told me the time was 7:30. I tried to remain calm as long as possible trying to explain the misunderstanding. Then I got upset. The install was rescheduled for Noon. Then Patricia texts me saying we had originally agreed to 7:30, but they will be back at noon. It bothered me that they didn't get it. Putting the blame on the one who’s writing the check when clearly it was a misunderstanding. It’s been a week since the install. I received no follow up contact on how the final install went or to even check on my satisfaction with the work.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets/backsplash/countertops

Category ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

I apologize that Customer had to wait for a countertop to be install, however we had to measure and fabricate it and it takes a while. 1 week is not a long time compare to the other companies that need 3 - 4 weeks. Yes, Wally has an accent but he did not scram or rise his voice he is much louder but this is how he speaks. I apologize this Customer for that. Regarding work, Wally spoke with the Customer and he ate up a time at 7:30 I do not what happen but my workers did arrive on time to do the work, but the door was closed and we couldn't do the work that'[Member Information Removed] why Wally and Patricia called. We come back on the time that Customer suggest and we finished entire project.

09/19/2016

Loretta S.

A visit to the house was made, but no quote ever received.

Description of Work
kitchen remodeling

Category home remodeling

Dear Customer, We apologize for the inconvenience . In response to this review: We have sent you an email stating that we are unable to this project or send you a quote due to our busy schedule. The email was sent to you on September 16th at 4:27pm by Izabela Wojciechowska- Office Manager. I regret that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience. It is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves on. We value our customers and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service. Best Regards, Wladyslaw Szymasnki

07/30/2016

Jan G.

I cannot say enough great things about this company. Izabela who managed everything for this HUGE project is excellent. She can find a resource for every unexpected detail and all of those resources were great (I cannot tell you how many unexpected bumps in the road that we encountered during this extensive remodeling experience - so many - but Izabela was so resourceful and resilient that we overcame them all to a great outcome). This company's work crew was also very wonderful. Very professional and personable, and wonderfully creative when we came upon some of those remodeling difficulties. I would hire this company again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Complete demo of the existing condo interior and complete rebuild of the condo interior

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, wallpaper, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/23/2016

Mrs. C.

Wasted three appointments with this contractor to still get no estimate. We initially made an appointment with the contractor, which he called 5 minutes prior to the appointment time to reschedule. OK, no problem. So we made a second appointment, even though it was very inconvenient for us, and he did show up for, but said he would need to have his associate, who was the "structural guy," come out to take a look at the job and provide a price. So we made yet another appointment, this time for the associate to come out, but he didn't show. When we called the first guy to find out if the associate was indeed coming, he said he would contact his associate and call us back. Never got a call back, no one showed up, and when we tried to call again, our call was blocked. A big waste of time!

Description of Work
Was supposed to provide estimate for dormer.

Category remodeling

This Customer never Contact our company regarding a dormer. Our company does not perform this type of work, we do not build a new dormers or additions Wrong Contractor

04/18/2016

Dave C.

Highly skilled and capable remodeling company. Excellent quality work and attention to detail. Floor restoration exceeded expectations. Kitchen cabinetry and counter tops were beautiful. Chicagoland Remodeling was extremely adaptable to village requirements and homeowner's needs. This is a great company to partner with for your renovation projects. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Demolition and remodel of kitchen and bath. Plumbing and electrical rebuilt to code. Refinish hardwood floors. Painting and trim.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

01/24/2016

Susan K.

The crew was a group of hard working young Men. They were neat and conscientious of our home, cleaning up at the end of the day and making sure our Pets weren't getting out. Only negative was cigarette butts on the garage floor and in landscaping in front of house. I could have given them an ash tray had they asked. We had a few snafus. Lack of communication between the office and us. Expenses for returned tile.. As I was cleaning up shower after the tiling job, I am finding grout that doesn't want to come out of the mosaic tiles on wall and floor. Closet door not painted throughly. We should have caught it, and they should have gotten it off the floor and wall tile We felt they did a good job, other than what happened above. Would we hire them again? Possibly, but I would make sure I watched ever single thing at end, so it could be corrected. One other thing, if you want to hire Chicagoland Remodeling, they are EXTREMELY BUSY, with 3-4 jobs going at one time. Keep that in mind, if you think your project can be done quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced drywall in family room after flood. Painted and remodeled bathroom and shower in lower level.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

Per our conversation with the homeowner, we agreed that we will refund a money for remain tiles. We also provide a credit for 2 remain doors painting, per Customer request. We offer that we will come back at the job site to paint, but Customer was OK with the credit.

12/10/2015

destiny C.

I called Chicagoland remodelers after seeing the quality of their work online. I setup my appointment with Izabela and she sent Wally, their contractor over right away to provide me with a free estimate. The consultation took about an hour and we received a contract with estimated costs within a week as they were shopping for the best prices and making sure everything they needed would be in stock. Within one week of signing the contract, work began right away early in the morning (approx. 8am). I really liked that they were there early and got right to work immediately. The old wood fascia was removed the first day and replaced with new aluminum fascia that complemented our light grey house very well. It was very amazing to see what a difference the fascia made right away and the quality of the work performed much exceeded our expectations. We waited for the gutters to arrive and were pleasantly surprised to find that they were delivered to our backyard and safely tucked away so no one would see behind our recycling cans. They were laid neatly and out of the way. As we waited for the gutter workers to come out, we ran into squirrel issues when they began to chew at the new fascia to get into our attic. I immediately called chicagoland remdeling and they came our right away to repair the damage the squirrels caused and got our new gutters installed right away. To date, there have been no squirrel issues and the gutters are a big improvement from what we used previously. Our old gutters were worn and damages which caused ice patches and standing water near our walkway. I will continue to use Chicagoland Remodeling for all of my future needs. It's very rare to find such a great contracting service in today's market who has an outstanding quality of work at a fair price.

Description of Work
Replaced old rotted wood fascia, installed new aluminum fascia, removal of damaged old gutters, installation of new gutters, installation of garage window.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

11/17/2015

Michael W.

Installer showed up at 8am both days and did an extremely professional job. I purchased the tile and grout. I had 3 bids and Chicagoland Remodeling was the least expensive, Home Depot the highest. Highly recommended but be patient, they are busy but did the job in less than 10 days.

Description of Work
Installed new bathroom floor and shower door

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, glass repair, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

11/05/2015

Becki S.

As usual, Chicagoland Remodeling did very good work. This large project was completed in stages over several months. There were unavoidable delays as we waited 3 months for a new main garage door from a separate contractor, but we are very happy with the final outcome. The individuals who worked on our garage were thorough, neat and friendly. There were the inevitable minor glitches, but owner Wally Szymanski did an outstanding job of seeing to it that they were addressed promptly. We were able to continue using the garage throughout the project.

Description of Work
Installed new garage roof, soffit, and fascia; replaced vinyl siding on garage; replaced and painted service door, installed light fixtures

Category electrician, garage doors, lighting, remodeling, roofing, siding, garage builders, house painters, doors

06/08/2015

Kelly M.

I would love to have reviewed this business, however, after coming to look over project for an estimate, no one ever got back to me.

Description of Work

When our Estimator came to do an estimate, Customer already starts to do a renovations. The time frame she gave us to start the job covers with other projects that we have scheduled. Our Estimator notified Customer that we are busy and we want be able to start the job at the time requested.

05/21/2015

Susan C.

I had several contractors come for an estimate- I needed help with design too because I had no idea where to start. No one would help me do the extra step besides Izabela from Chicagoland Remodeling. After we signed the contract she was willing to go out of her way to shop with me, order samples and answer any questions /concerns I had. I also changed my mind several times on the supplies and she graciously allowed me to do so without feeling pressure. The crew was EXCELLENT!! They respected my home and made sure everything was cleaned up after they left each day. I'm extremely satisfied with the work performed and would love to continue using this company.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/11/2015

Shalanda G.

There was no work performed, only an estimate.

Description of Work
No work was provided for this estimate

Category plumbing, roofing

04/23/2015

guiseppina M.

I have used them once before it was good but this time it was a poor job. The work was not done cleanly. They just applied it and did not smooth it not and there are gaps in between so I am getting water inside the house.

Description of Work
They came to touch up the space between house and wall with concrete.

Category concrete repair

I am so sorry but it was not a Concrete job. We applied Styrofoam insulation and caulking/sealant around only per agreement with Customer. It was a temporary repair only per signed agreement between Chicagoland Remodeling Inc and Customer. Customer was notified that it is a repair only. We explained in the contract scope of work and we guaranty this work only for 30 days as a repair. Chicagoland Remodeling DO NOT DO A CONCRETE WORK .

04/20/2015

Pat & John F.

Izabela worked very h****** our behalf to find materials that we liked. She has very good taste and found beautiful tiles and accent tiles. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to finish the bathroom right now.

Description of Work
Offered a Bathroom Remodel Big Deal

North Shore Brickwork and Windows, Inc

North Shore has practiced to provide high quality Brick repair and Window Installations for over 30 years. North Shore Brickwork and Windows craftsmanship is second to none with our superior team of experts. We administer restoration of exteriors from the effects of environmental factors this includes brick repair and window installations.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi
    Calzante Construction

Whether you’re looking for a Chicago masonry contractor for new construction, or a Chicago masonry specialist to do some repair work such as tuckpointing, brickwork or stonework to your existing home or business, Calzante Construction is a name you can trust. We are professionals that manage all aspects of your job to ensure it’s completed on schedule and to your satisfaction!

Kitchen, basement & bath remodeling. Re-Siding & Re-Roofing. Window installation. Hardwood flooring installation. Ceramic, stone & tile installation. Granite & quartz countertop fabrication & installation. Wallpapering. Interior & exterior painting. Kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanities, wallpaper & tile sales.

Additions. Concrete. Roof cleaning. Snow removal. Awnings. Basement waterproofing. Walls. Handyman services.