Put My Stupid Thing Together

Founded 2009 • With Angi since April 2014

Glenview, IL 60025

Furniture & Equipment Assembly (indoor and outdoor). Hanging: Stuff, not people, OK? Have Tools, Will Travel. We specialize in RTA (Ready-To-Assemble) furniture: All major brands; IKEA, Sauder, Bush, West Elm, South Shore, All the lines carried by Walmart, Target, etc, and the on-line companies; Amazon, Wayfair, Overstock, etc. We also assemble fitness equipment, outdoor playsets and storage sheds (assemble a Shed from a kit--Yes, build a shed from uncut lumber, not so much). We can also do disassembly & reassembly for moves within the greater Chicago area. Certificate of Insurance, or being listed as Additional Named Insured, available upon request. In 2015, we added picture hanging, mirror installation, and art installation as a service for our customers due to demand. We travel with specialty hooks, d-rings, lightweight picture wire, heavyweight (100 LBs rated) wire, and some aircraft-grade wire-rope rated at over 1,000 LBS. We do not charge for the small hooks, or for placing wire on the backside of lightweight frames. Artwork from IKEA, or on-line vendors often has no hardware at all on the backside. We have specialty levels, and we use the Yellow Frog Brand tape (delicate) to place our marks on walls. We also work with heavy wall items (i.e. large mirrors, wall sculptures, floating shelves, wine-racks, and the assorted DIY wall-mount garage and closet storage systems). We still mount Flatscreen Televisions every now and then....

06/15/2019

David L.

Great!!!! Immediately returned my call. I gave him make and model number and within the hour he got back to me with a quote along with his availability dates. 2 days later our swing set was assembled and ready for summer fun. Definitely would use again and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Lifetime Swing Set assembly.

Category playground equipment

02/17/2019

Emmanuel A.

Wow, what an artistry, Resse was able to put my furniture together better than what I saw at IKEA. I give him five stars call him if you have any job to be done. Satisfied customer!

Description of Work
Assembling Tv stand

09/27/2018

BRIAN B.

Worked his *** off. Perfectly functioning bed. Stable grab bars. Prices can’t be beat. Would hire again and again!!!

Description of Work
Bunk bed assembly. Grab bars x4.

09/10/2018

Charmaine G.

Reese gave me an estimate over the phone, confirmed details via email 5 minutes later, arrived exactly on time, went right to work, finished in a timely manner, told me exactly what he did and confirmed I was happy with his work, cleaned everything up, and charged me exactly what his estimate was. Would hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed Ikea Runnen deck tiles over flat roof off master bedroom

02/27/2018

Barbara M.

Reese was awesome. If I could give A+ to everything instead of A I would. He is efficient, accurate, personable and so knowledgeable. Anyone who wants to better understand on their own how to handle these boxfuls of parts and screws just hang around while Reese and his associate are working. He's an excellent teacher as well as handyman. I wouldn't call anyone else in the future.

Description of Work
Put together a trundle bed

Category handyman service,Uncategorized

12/20/2017

megan M.

Reese is a very prompt communicator. He tells you how much it will cost ahead of time to assemble the pieces you have. He arrives when he says he will. He brings blankets to protect your floors. He has the tools and knowledge to assemble the furniture well. He works quietly, cleanly and efficiently. He is a no nonsense person (at least while on the job). He cleans up after himself and leaves your home exactly as it was before his arrival. You can't say much more than that. He drove an hour each way to get to hour house which tells me he values the opportunity to work. I would definitely use him again if the opportunity came up.

Description of Work
We had 5 Ikea furniture pieces that needed to be assembled.

11/12/2017

Lary F.

I called Reese , he scheduled himself 2 business days later , arrived 5 minutes early. He went over the instructions with me and examined what steps I had prepped. He then put piece-by-piece together , making sure as he went that each piece was ready to work. He scheduled 4 hours and was done in 2!

Description of Work
I bought a desk that had to be assembled by me. I put some of it together and decided that I needed help.

Category closet systems,handyman service

05/23/2017

Megan G.

Reece, Mike, and Gerald spent two days putting together our kids swing set. They were fantastic!!!! I would hire them again in a second. I highly recommend using their services!!!

Description of Work
Swing set assembly and installation

05/03/2017

Angela P.

They put my shed together August 2015. In Spring of 2016, I called to say 2 of the panels had blown off over the winter. I asked if he come and put them back up? He was unavailable. I had to pay someone else for the repairs. It is now spring of 2017. This winter 3 panels came off. I now for the 2nd spring in a row have to have someone come repair the shed. I don't know if they didn't use all the building materials or what the problem is, but It is a nice shed. I just picked the wrong people to put it together.

Description of Work
I hired them to put a shed together for the back yard.

Category handyman service

This is an unfair and dishonest review. I assembled your shed in September of 2015. This was a storefront deal. My notes indicate you gave me a $20.00 tip. (which I do not think you would have done if you felt we were unprofessional slobs) In late April of 2016, you reached out to me to repair some panels that had blown off the shed. I made a trip from Glenview to Matteson [around 50 miles one way] to inspect the damage, but you were not there. Since the backyard fence was locked, I was unable to inspect the shed (and my day was wasted). I made several calls to your phone (and the cell-phone records will show that I was in Matteson). You later left me a message saying that you had to go out of town for family issues, and forgot to notify me. I reached out to you again, and I also gave you the contact information for my assistant who lives in nearby Dolton. You never reached out to either of us. These sheds are made of plastic and vinyl with a metal skeleton. They are not indestructible. The Chicago area has seen very severe weather over the last few years. My job websites are overflowing with people who need repair work for wind related damage to things like; sheds, fences, siding, roofs, etc. We used the materials packaged with the shed. Had we used other material, you would have been billed for that, and you were not billed. It is not a good quality shed. On Amazon, the Duramax 10 x 8 shed has a rating of 3 stars with 16 reviews. On the Home Depot website, it has a rating of 3.3 stars with 13 reviews and only 54% recommending purchase. Also, on the Home Depot website, are a number of other Duramax sheds, all with unfavorable ratings. Panels are probably going to continue to come off (some of the reviewers mentioned that problem). Maybe if the first repair crew had done some extra reinforcing, a second repair crew would not be needed. If the second repair crew does not do any reinforcing, you can expect more panels to come off. If you decide to replace the shed, I wish you, and whatever unfortunate contractor you hire, the best of luck.

04/26/2017

Chris A.

They were so great to work with from planning to how they interacted wonderfully with our family when here to great promptness to a wonderful result. Thank you so much.

Description of Work
Reese and his crew built a Cedar Creek Playset we bought at Costco. They did it in two days just as promised.

Category playground equipment

FENCEWORKS INC

Servicing the North Shore and the North Side of the city . Fenceworks is a family owned business that has been around the North Shore since 1967. We specialize in Western Red Cedar Fencing, Aluminum, PVC, Chain Link.

Closet Organizing Systems

15 TIME TOP SHELF DESIGN WINNER by CLOSETS MAGAZINE/WOODWORKING NETWORK. Offering custom-designed closet and cabinetry systems, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality workmanship, superior materials, and personalized service on every project.

Glass Doctor

Artwork/Murals
    Fitness - Equipment
    Check, PayPal

Assembly of all "assembly required" products. Some handyman services also offered: Flatscreen installation. Ceiling fan swap outs. Toilet swap outs. I hang a lot of heavy things on walls (mirrors, sculptures, paintings, wine racks, IKEA-BESTA, IKEA-SEKTION, etc.) Proof of insurance, certificate of insurance, or being ADDITIONAL NAMED INSURED: ... can be provided or arranged as needed. My agency is Hausman-Kunkel out of Roselle, IL. Due to customer demand, I now offer picture hanging.

Trash Hauling. We do not re-assemble used swingsets. We do not run electrical conduit.