Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Aurora, IL
There are 14 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Aurora
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncI was impressed by their quick response to my emergency call. The project was more serious than I or they anticipated, but it was clear they knew what they were doing and performed the work within 24 hours. Pretty big expense, but they worked their butts off, solved the problems, and cleaned up afterwards. Nice people, too
- Weidner's Septic Service IncVery knowledgeable and professional team pumped our septic tanks, and identified and made repairs to improve system performance. Very pleased and would highly recommend.
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncOutstanding work done quickly and for a fair price. Professional and courteous. Did exactly what they promised, on schedule. Highly recommend.
- Absolute PlumbingIf you have a plumbing issue look no further than Absolute Plumbing. Edwin the technician was on time professional courteous, viewed the project made recommendations and offered great services and a fair price for the services performed. Highly recommend if you have any plumbing issue to deploy Absolute for all your plumbing needs, Another Satisfied Customer Kevin War
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncWe used Joel from Illinois Sewer and Drain. Joel called me immediately after I filled out the online form and was out to my house in 2 hours. In 2 days I had his estimate, which was fair and of great value. When I told him we were going to hire him he scheduled us for the next day. Six guys were here all day and the job was done in a day and a quarter. Joel was professional, classy, friendly, fair and kind. So were the men who work for him. We were very impressed. My husband asked Joel to look at our sump pumps and a silcock that was dripping. The next day he was out and replaced 2 of our 3 sump pumps, (which were not working at all) and some piping and fixed the silcock. So, two days after he replaced our entire septic tank we had him out to replace two of our three sump pumps! So yes ! We would use him again! We are thrilled with his work and his knowledge and professionalism and will use him again for sure. We are so grateful that we found him. We called for estimates from three companies and one came out and was charging a hefty price to do and exploratory evaluation. One never called me back and he was the one we chose, He so prompt and so professional and so fair. So thankful that we found him
- Illinois Sewer And Drain IncEXCELLENT! The pipe clogged on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON, of course. Water was leaking into our basement! I started looking for someone with 24 hour service, and no one could come out. Then I got a call from IL Sewer and Drain. Joe said he could be out in about an hour, it was already after 4:30 pm. He came out, and was able to unclog our pipe! But upon inspection, the pipe needed to be replaced. He was able to schedule it for the next morning! The work took a few hours, but was all finished and cleaned up! I would not hesitate to hire them again or give them an outstanding reference
- Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.First firm I called was not responsive, didn't come when promised, and after they looked at it, wanted over $600 to remove/reinstall the toilet and another $900 to rod the drain line. For about two hours work, that was ridiculous, so I called Duane Blanton around 1:00. They were responsive, initially saying they could get someone here by 5:00, but within 30 seconds said they could get someone there within an hour - what great service. Mark Peterson and his helper showed up and were professional, polite, and knowledgeable. They diagnosed the problem, checked the septic tank to confirm that wasn't the problem, and quoted a very reasonable price to do the same work the other firm had quoted $1,500 for. Excellent communications on what needed to be done, what they were going to do, and let me know when they were going to make noise. They were quick and had everything done within 2 hours. I can't say enough good things about them - prompt, reasonably priced, and conscientious. I'd go to them in a heartbeat and strongly recommend them
- Duane Blanton Plumbing, Sewer & Drainage Inc.They were really helpful and actually it turned out pretty good. We did have to have them come back; it was still under warranty. They were very quick to respond and make good on that. They were real diligent in getting the work done by the end of the day.
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain ServicesDO NOT USE PM LEARY AKA ROTO ROOTER. I paid over $3000 and they left my yard torn up in my problem unrepaired. Everything was an up charge. We need to do it on overtime. We need to do it during frozen ground. And meanwhile the work never was completed. I asked them to complete the work they said oh we’re gonna charge more and by the way we can’t get it to it until January. Of course that meant the ground would be frozen and I face more of charges. I am 62 years old and this is the worst business I’ve ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Avoid them at all cost
- J&S Plumbing, Inc.Hard workers and they did a very good job. Our septic tank became defective and we decided to replace it entirely. They were able to schedule a date less than a week after we signed a contract for the work. They took care of getting a permit from the village, contacting another company to drain the septic tank, and breaking the septic tank up. This company has done other projects in Bloomingdale and worked closely with Village officials to do the job right. Prior to the work, we did have a village of Bloomingdale water dept employee come out and mark the location of the sewer. We did call JULIE to mark the location of underground cables. Comcast apparently never came out because they severed an unmarked Comcast cable. Not JS plumbing fault. Comcast did put a temporary wire in a day after we called but we were without internet for a day. I recommend calling Comcast first before doing the work. Do not rely strictly on JULIE. Beware, this is a very messy project and your lawn will have a large trench. JS plumbing advised to leave it settle at least 8 weeks before contacting a landscaper. Also be advised that it may be necessary to take out part of your fence in order to get heavy machinery into the yard. This is right in the contract and they do not replace fences. One fence post has to be replaced because the heavy equipment could not fit thru a gate. We were aware of it and knew that it had to be removed. The entire job took only a day and a half. JS Plumbing broke up the septic tank and buried it as required by village code. We are very happy with services provided and glad to get rid of septic tank
Last update on November 1, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Aurora, IL
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
- Boulder Hill,
- North Aurora,
- Sugar Grove,
- West Chicago,
- Big Rock,
- Saint Charles,
- Downers Grove,
Septic Tank Contractors in Aurora, IL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Perfect Home Services4255 Meridian Pkwy Suite #101
Aurora, Illinois 60504
- Perfect Home Services
- A&J Sewer & Septic Service, Inc.1055 Courtesy
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
- Able Sewerage Company3024 E 79th St
Chicago, Illinois 60649
- Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland 3021 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60618
- AE Frasz Inc1N545 Brundige Rd
ELBURN, Illinois 60119
- ALBERTS LAND DESIGN INCPO Box 1048
Lake Villa, Illinois 60046
- ARCE Plumbing and Sewer4514 Grove Ave Apt 4
Brookfield, Illinois 60513
- A&J Sewer & Septic Service, Inc.
- CARL'S SEPTIC20W 335 S Frontage Rd
Lemont, Illinois 60439
- Chicago Plumbing Experts512 S. La Grange Rd
La Grange, Illinois 60525
- Chicago Water Pros4320 Winfield Road Suite 200
Warrenville, Illinois 60555
- CJ Plumbing & Heating1906 Greenwood St
Evanston, Illinois 60201
- Compass PlumbingPO Box 326
Lombard, Illinois 60148
- COOL CONSTRUCTION CO1500 JOANN LN
Addison, Illinois 60101
- CARL'S SEPTIC
- Friendly Plumbing1539 Seminole Rd
Algonquin, Illinois 60102
- Friendly Plumbing
- Koshgarian Rug Cleaners Inc248 E Ogden Ave
Hinsdale, Illinois 60521
- Koshgarian Rug Cleaners Inc
- Larry's Plumbing Co.2316 17th Ave.
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131
- Larry's Plumbing Co.
- NELSON HOWARD SEWER CLEANING1S814 GREEN RD
ELBURN, Illinois 60119
- NELSON HOWARD SEWER CLEANING
- Patrick B Murphy Plumbing and Piping Co1426 Sherman Rd
Romeoville, Illinois 60446
- Payne's Rehab & Repair1688 Carolina Dr
Chicago Heights, Illinois 60411
- Prairie State Water Systems Inc48W 557 IL-64
MAPLE PARK, Illinois 60151
- Pulaski Roofing & Engineering7301 West 25th St
NORTH RIVERSIDE, Illinois 60546
- Patrick B Murphy Plumbing and Piping Co
- Read Septic Service Inc9970 Keslinger Rd
Dekalb, Illinois 60115
- Reno Renovation Corp7101 W. Gunnison St #56002
Chicago, Illinois 60656
- RIEKE SEPTIC SERVICE35W721 HUNTLEY RD
Dundee, Illinois 60118
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup400 E Randolph St Ste 106
Chicago, Illinois 60601
- ROYAL OAKS CORP9016 Thomas Ave
Bridgeview, Illinois 60455
- Read Septic Service Inc
- Service Now Home Services17750 Somonauk Rd
Dekalb, Illinois 60115
- SliBuy.com400 Earl Rd
Shorewood, Illinois 60404
- Soukups Plumbing Inc826 NORTH AVE
Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139
- SUBURBAN SEWER & SEPTIC INC21003 River Rd Unit C
MARENGO, Illinois 60152
- Sullivan Septic and Sewer Inc1947 Airway Ct
New Lenox, Illinois 60451
- Service Now Home Services
- Terry Plumbing Co5503 S. LaGrange Road
COUNTRYSIDE, Illinois 60525
- The American PlumberPO Box 70680
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
- Titan Plumbing & Drain Services1830 Wallace Ave Ste 217
St Charles, Illinois 60174
- TMZ Plumbing Inc12040 S Aero Dr Ste 22A
Plainfield, Illinois 60585
- TRI-COUNTY TRENCHING & SEPTIC INC809 W JEFFERSON ST
BENSENVILLE, Illinois 60106
- Terry Plumbing Co
- Vanderhyden Septic Service18340 Le Claire Ave
Country Club Hills, Illinois 60478
- Vanderhyden Septic Service
Septic tank companies that service Aurora
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.