Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Sandpoint, ID
There are 1 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Sandpoint
- Gem State Tub Repair & ResurfacingOverall it went very well. Kathy completed each tub in a timely manner. She brought concerns or suggestions regarding parts of the tub to me. She left each bathroom in clean condition after she was done. She worked on each tub at two different times. The first tub had a few slight and quot;runsand quot; in them....which I had to be shown ...couldn't find them myself. On Kathy's second visit to resurface she fixed the slight mistakes on the first tub. Both times when she left, she left clear instructions on how to care for the tubs and she also said to please call her with any questions or concerns I might have. Also she was very flexible with setting up appointment times. She resurfaced the second tub on a Saturday morning so we could have our tub operational sooner. Please note: each tub cost $350.00 to resurfac
- Re-Bath of IdahoIt went very well. All materials came in on time. The workmen were punctual and courteous. They were proficient and confident in their work. They had to take a sledge hammer to the old tub to remove it. They were careful about not causing any other damage. They protected my carpeting with a long runner. They vacuumed and cleaned up perfectly. They finished at the time they said they would be done. They made sure we understood instructions about using it and letting the sealant set. We are extremely happy with the work they did and highly recommend this company
- Gem State Tub Repair & ResurfacingMy plumber recommended this company and said that he has never had a client complain or have a problem with the resurfacing. My experience with the company was exceptional. Cathy (the owner) came out at the appointed time, but I had misunderstood her and the tub surround had been removed, leaving just the studs. She said that if she refinished the tub that way, dust would mar the surface. She rescheduled and did not charge me for that service call, although she had driven from Idaho Falls to Pocatello for the job. I was impressed that she was so calm and good-natured about the waste of her time. We set a new date, before which my contractor installed the sheet rock around the tub. The second time she came, she again came on time. The work was done in the projected amount of time, and the bathroom was left immaculate. She is pleasant and very professional. She told me she has been in this business for over 25 years, and her expertise shows
- Bath Planet by Northwest Bath SpecialistsJeremiah was on time, explained thoroughly what he was going to do, periodically reviewed work with us and thoroughly explained operation of the new shower and it's upkeep. A very well done job.
- Bath Planet by Northwest Bath SpecialistsJeremiah, the installer removed tub installed complete shower, excellent job, beautiful shower, no mess very neat. Very good installer great job done right.
- Gem State Tub Repair & ResurfacingIt only took about two hours. We haven't seen any problems or cracking since. I was most impressed by the fact that Kathy called the next day to see how the repair looked and encouraged us to call if we had problems.
- WeatheriteWe are in need of a new shower. We saw the Weatherite booth at a home show on a Friday and made an appointment for them to come to our home for an estimate the following Wednesday evening. The Weatherite home show rep took our information and said someone would call to confirm the Wednesday appointment. When no one had called by late Wednesday morning, I called them. I was told our name was not in their system, but they would be able to send someone out at the appointed time anyway. The sales rep was very pleasant and explained their product and company and gave us a price quote for the "basics" (e.g., shower walls and faucet fixtures), along with "options" prices (e.g., shower doors, shower seat, soap/shampoo holder). We thanked her for her time and said we'd think about it. We did like the product and it seemed to be a reputable company to work with; however, a competitor was coming the next day, so we wanted to compare the other company's product and price. **This is a small thing, but we thought it was odd that the Weatherite quote was just scratched out on a piece of binder paper - no "official" form or Weatherite letterhead. That would not have been a deal-breaker, however.** The sales rep followed up Saturday morning. We said we were still thinking about it, which was the truth. The rep said that her "manufacturer can only hold the quoted price until the end of the weekend." We were not ready to make a commitment so quickly, so we thought Weatherite was out of the picture. (By the way, Weatherite's quote was comparable to a competitor's quote.) The following Wednesday, I received a call from Jake. Jake said he'd like another rep to come out to remeasure the shower and give us a better price than we were originally quoted. We liked the product, so I eagerly said yes. A different rep came out the following evening. She quoted $1000 MORE than the orignal quote (yes, $1000 MORE). We told her we were very disappointed in the "better" price. She looked at the first quote and said that was their "cost," but she could still honor that quote. We were losing interest quickly at that point - they seem to be all over the place with their sales tactics and it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. What completely turned us off was when: 1. The rep advised (more like "scolded" us) that they (Weatherite) cannot keep coming out and giving us quotes (excuse me, THEY CALLED US). 2. I had to sign a form releasing them from the original quote. We were not given a copy of the signed form, 3. Hmmm . . . that's funny, we went to another homeshow the next day, visited the Weatherite booth, and were told that their quotes are good for one year. We did not solicit that information; the rep freely told us that. We're done. We will never work with Weatherite
Bathtub Refinishers in Sandpoint
- Business Description:Elite Construction & Remodeling is a licensed, bonded and insured general contractor specializing in new construction and many remodeling services. Visit us online at www.eliteconstructionspokane.com for more information. We are a family owned and operated business since 2001. For nearly 20 years, we have been providing quality remodels, additions, and new builds for the Pacific Northwest, including work for the City of Spokane. It is our goal to understand each homeowner's needs and dreams c..Recent Review:Elite Construction was the company I chose to do the siding and painting of my house. My house was in bad shape and needed a drastic amount of help. They did an amazing job and I am completely happy with the job that they did. Not only did Sergey (the owner), Roman (Sergey's son-in-law) and the rest of the team do an amazing job, they were also professional, kind, prompt, and willing to answer any questions I had. As an older person, I was skeptical that I would find a company that would not take advantage of me but Sergey was very forthcoming when it came to the job, price and timeline. They went above and beyond my expectations when it came to the quality of work, as well as the length of time to complete the job. They were early to arrive, wasted no time throughout the day getting work done, did not take extended breaks or lunches, they were respectful when talking to me and they made sure to clean up after themselves at the end of each day. Sergey made sure to stop by as often as possible and check, then double check the work to make sure they were giving the customer quality service. If something needed to be adjusted or slightly changed, Sergey made sure to communicate that with me prior to starting anything so there were no hidden secrets or charges in the end. It was the first time in a long time that I did not feel as though I needed to stand outside and "supervise" a job. I would promote and recommend Elite Construction to anyone and everyone, especially for older customers who have had bad experiences in the past with bigger companies like I have. To say that I am happy with Elite Construction, Sergey, Roman and the rest of the team would be an understatement. I have friends, family and neighbors all asking me when I tore down my old house and built this new one. I now have the best looking house within a 10 block radius (in my opinion). I am not sure that there are enough good things I can say about them and definitely recommend them to everyoneConnie K.
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditionsRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of itL. B.
- Business Description:Amason All Around is a locally owned handyman and remodeling contractor based in Post Falls, Idaho. HOME IMPROVEMENTS: Projects stacking up around the house? Allow AAA to finish old projects and bring your new project ideas to life. We are skilled at constructing functional and attractive improvements to our client's specifications. REMODELING: Time to upgrade? AAA will guide you through your dream remodel, easing the rigors of the remodeling process, and providing peace of mind to homeowne..
- Business Description:Full service Interior Design firm for both residential and commercial projects. Project Management, Owner's Representative during remodeling and new construction projects. A liaison between owner and contractors, will work with architects on layout and design
- Business Description:If you’re looking for high quality and personal service, you’ve come to the right place. At All Phase Construction & Repair we will give you the attention and personal service you expect. Licensed & Bonded. 15 Years Experience. Our company offers Service Calls Residential or Commercial and guarantee of work. Free Estimates Great service with a personal touch. Serving: Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, & Pend Oreille Countie
- Business Description:Professional installation of tile and flooring. From custom showers to outdoor patios, I complete every job with honesty, integrity, and fair pricing. As an owner-operated buisness, I take the initiative to provide my services with quality and efficiency. I look forward to working with each client to make their project a reality
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- Priest River
- Clark Fork
- Spirit Lake
- Bonners Ferry
- Moyie Springs
- Hayden Lake
- Dalton Gardens
- Coeur D Alene
- Post Falls
bathtub refinishers in Sandpoint
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Caldera Design LLC324 S 5th Avenue
- Caldera Design LLC
- Elite Construction & Remodeling12929 E Sprague Ave
- Elite Construction & Remodeling
- Freedom Tile and Flooring744 Bodie Canyon Rd
PRIEST RIVER, Idaho
- Freedom Tile and Flooring
- Handyman All Phase Construction and Repair LLC321 wells lane
PRIEST RIVER, Idaho
- Handyman All Phase Construction and Repair LLC